main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The JC Lit Comic Reviews Special: Knights of the Old Republic: REUNION

Discussion in 'Literature' started by 000, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005

So, yeah, whoops, forgot about this one.

Better late than never: "Reunion", a [link=http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/24682840/p1/?17]two[/link] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/24957663/p1/?11]parter[/link] introducing Zayne's daddy.

Some rules: rate "Reunion" on a scale of [b]1 to 5[/b], supplementing your rating with a review, if you want to (it's not necessary but is highly encouraged). Please do not rate or review the story until after you've read the whole thing, and remember to review the entire story, not just a single issue. Re-reading the arc in its entirety is recommended, although obviously not required. Thanks. [face_happy]

2. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    The Moomo brothers took what would've been a pretty meh story and made it hilariously awesome.

4/5

3. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    Agreed on the Moomo brothers. The story itself was relatively blah and had somewhat of a "filler"-feel. The Moomos were a great touch of SW humor, which KotOR has been excelling in thus far.

I'll put it at 3.5/5.0.

4. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Funny, non-offensive and very good art, even if the entire story felt slightly like a fill in. 4/5.

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    4 out of 5

A bit of a filler arc, but given that, it was quite good. The Moomo brothers were a riot and reminiscent of some of the simpler humor from the game, like with the Gamorreans. Oh, and Dob (or was it Del?) drinking alcohol was classic. We don't get to see differences in anatomy used like that often.

Telerath was beautifully designed, and really had a KOTOR feel, while remaining fresh.

It was also really nice to have Zayne meet up with a family member to see how their reaction to the whole thing is. Arvan's reaction to it, assumiing that Zayne either didn't do it or had to do it, was rather sweet, and a nice touch, when everyone else he was supposed to trust has turned against him. Also, I liked how Zayne's family knew the transfer to Telerath had something to do with the Padawan Massacre, showing that his family isn't a bunch of bumbling idiots that he has to protect. Gryph's reactions when Aravan was getting them the money so efficiently was classic [face_laugh] Also, Zayne sending the money to that girl he liked back on Taris was not only a sweet move on his part, but us also indication that she wasn't forgotten, so he will have a chance to confront her eventually.

On the note of family, there was a nice contrast between the dysfunctional relationship between the Moomo brothers, and the trusting relationship between the Carricks.

I rather enjoyed Harvey Tolibao's art in the second issue and found it vaguely reminiscent of Hoon's style in Yoda.

Also, Camper was especially hilarious in this arc, and it was good that JJM remembered that Jarael didn't want to play Jedi again (I had forgotten, myself).

Oh, one last thing. Ranna Tey is one scary *****. [face_worried] :_|

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It's not filler. It's setup. Still, it's not tremendously engaging setup. Enjoyable, funny, well-drawn, but not exceptional.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.