main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reviews Comics The JC Lit Comic Reviews Special: Legacy: ALLIES

Discussion in 'Literature' started by 000, Feb 18, 2007.

1. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005

Hot off the presses: "[link=http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/25242002/p1/?282]Allies[/link]" sheds some light on the Sith-Imperial War.

Some rules: rate "Allies" on a scale of [b]1 to 5[/b], supplementing your rating with a review, if you want to (it's not necessary but is highly encouraged). Please do not rate or review the story until after you've read the whole thing, and remember to review the entire story, not just a single issue. Re-reading the arc in its entirety is recommended, although obviously not required. Thanks. [face_happy]

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    My rating: 5 out of 5

Now, I know that may not suprise all of you, but let me list the reasons for my prefect score. :p

1. Battle of Caamas- awesome first space battle, even if it was only shwon via hologram. It was awesome to see the battle playing itself out over the heads of a angry Roan Fel and a calm Calixte.

2. Scythe-class battle cruiser- see above. Plus any thread where I go on about that awesome design. :p

3. Calixte- boy, she threw me for a curveball. The depth added to her character is fantastic. The best Imperial Intel chief ever.

4. Roan Fel- I had a gut feeling since the begining of Legacy that he was not behind the Sith-Imperial War. Kinda cool how he is more interested in his "Victory without War".

5. Moff Veed- [face_laugh] [face_monkey] [face_laugh] Comedy in a uniform!

Overall, I enjoyed the art. Adam Dekraker did a damned fine job. John, as is the norm, did a great job on the story. I find myself wishing he wrote EU books as well!

--Adm. Nick

3. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    So, she beat out Isard? Whew, sounds like quite a challenge.

Review coming soon (it was gonna be tacked onto this one, but i got dragged away from my computer.

4. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    I truly think Calixte has the ability to be more cunning and deceptive and more interesting than even Isard. I'm an absolute sucker for that kind of character.

This issue in my mind was outstanding. Roan Fel's exposition on past events may seem a little forced and dragged out, but it wrapped up the history behind Legacy quite nicely. The first indication of Calixte's intelligence and coolness under pressure came early with the "Striking down an unarmed person in anger? Isn't that what the Sith do? And you ABHOR the Sith your Majesty" was very well played. Adding another (Dead) member to the Fel family tree was cool. Also of interest was indirectly telling us that only about half of the Jedi Order has been cut down. The last 2 1/2 pages...starting with the Calixte/Maladi stare down after Krayt sits on the throne were awesome.

As I've said before...I have a problem with the art. I mean no offense to the artist and I surely am not someone that can talk...I have the artistic ability of a Baboon....but the blurrier type drawing is in such a sharp contrast to the previous issues that few of the characters look the same. I think Maladi and Calixte were done well as were the hologram space battle drawings, but I thought that the brief flashback to Ossus, where a mongoloid Kol Skywalker was standing off against a Sith with Dwarfism did not look good.

I give the issue 4.5..losing .5 because of my disappointment with the artwork.

Carnage

5. JEDI-KILLER_17

JEDI-KILLER_17 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    I was surprised at how Scottish Kol looked in this issue.

I did a double take thinking the comic had been replaced with X-Men and I was looking at picture of Banshee...with a lightsaber.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/6/64/Bashee_AoA.jpg]

6. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Fixed.