main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reviews Comics The JC Lit Comic Reviews Special: Legacy: NOOB

Discussion in 'Literature' started by 000, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Mandalorian_Crusader

Mandalorian_Crusader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2005
    [face_talk_hand] ;)

2. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    KOTOR 5 was spartan, ugly, and inaccurate. Noob is detailed and decent.

Now that I think about it, the ink or color guy could be to blame. Whoever inked and colored Noob might have made it look decent, and whoever inked and colored KOTOR 5 maybe just had a grudge against this artist and wanted him to look bad or something.

3. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    I think N00b was done pretty well in terms of art. It was a little less sharp but I thought it fight that particular story just fine. KoToR 5 had me thinking I somehow purchased a bootleg comic book.

Carnage

4. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I thought it was the best of the 7. In fact I find the characters presented in Noob compelling then Cade and company.

5. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    You know, if you'd all stop spelling it with zeroes, Noob is a much more tolerable word.

6. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    We do have a discussion thread, you know.

Nuke, Crusader: mind providing scores?

7. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Okay, first off, the art. I think this issue pretty much proves that Travel Foreman spent 90% of his time on KOTOR #5 doing the Masters' visions, because other than those few pages it was really terrible. However, this issue shows that he actually isn't that bad an artist. He's no Jan for sure, but his style generally worked well here, save a few close up panels that were awkward due to lack of detail. But overall I enjoyed the art, which really helped build up Maleval as this huge dark, scary Sith Lord. Honestly, that guy freaks me out more than Krayt. He is probably my favorite Legacy Sith to date for that.

This could have been a filler, but I felt like it managed to do enough in showing the Empire to break free of that. It was really nice to see the inner workings of the Empire, and how the common people are viewing all this. Joker Squad worked really well for this, and all the characters were well established and likable.

Score: 4/5