main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reviews Books The JC Lit Reviews Special: LEGACY OF THE FORCE: FURY (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Nov 26, 2007.

1. NightSword

NightSword Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2008
    10/10!

This has been my favorite book so far! It's really nice to see Jag get back in there after just essentially being disregarded by the other authors.

My only real complaint was that it was too short (but then again, I'm one of those people that firmly believes that they should have just had Allston write LOTF) :)

2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    So here we are, the beginning of the last trilogy in this trilogy of trilogies and Allston's final entry in LOTF. In that regard, it's fitting that this book feels that things are nearing the end. Alema finally kicks it, the secret surrounding Allana gets out, we have characters coming up with ways to end the war left and right, and Centerpoint is destroyed. Jacen also takes the next step, seemingly going mad with power and hatred at the end of the novel with the loss of his daughter. Completely gone is the self-justifying Jedi we had in Betrayal who had dark but at least somewhat noble plans to save the galaxy. Now he's taken the totally dark, practically mustache-twirling level of villainy. Maybe it was inevitable, after all the dark side is often all-consuming, but it's still unfortunate.

Other minor things bothered me as well. Between Kam getting shot up last book, Kyle getting a lightsaber in the chest, Saba getting thrown at an exploding detonator, and Tycho taking a round to the chest, I was expecting at least one of them to die. And yet, they all make it. There are so many minor characters around, I don't think it would be a huge deal to off one or two before the end of LOTF. Oh well, two books left, maybe I'll get my wish. Also, Ben's first solution to taking out the YVHs seemed to easy to me. YVHs just seem less and less tough with every encounter our heroes have with them.

Otherwise, the story is action-packed and has a tight fast pace, both of which I really enjoyed. That for me is the biggest thing about this one, I really enjoyed reading it. Maybe the best Allston has had in LOTF, though not quite at the level of Enemy Lines back in NJO.

8.2/10

3. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Average score: 495/60 = 8.25

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    This has taken me WAAAAY too long, and I didn't even have the excuse of being on a break from Star Wars when it came out. 3.7/4 = 9.25/10

- The Imperial Ewok

5. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Average score: 504.25/61 = 8.27