main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reviews Books The JC Lit Reviews Special: THE LAST JEDI (Coruscant Nights) (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Mar 4, 2013.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I think you ought to read MedStar RF

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I have.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    And it's not covered there? Oh well, had thought it was.

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    What, the pyronium? No, the bota was, not the pyronium. That's still a mystery except for we know Anakin gave it to Jax pre-Geonosis.

5. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    It's been a few months since I read this one, and if I could choose two words to describe it, they would be:
    Insignificant and adventurous.
    The character aspect of the story was uninteresting, but I have not read the rest of the series.
    Something I didn't like about this book is the feeling that you are disconnected from the rest of the galaxy. When that guy, ol' what's his name, tried to assassinate the Emperor, I didn't like how we don't see it happen. I think the book would have benefited from an account of those events.
    I did like:
    The characters were alright, and I did enjoy the overall story somewhat.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Average score: 105.6/13 = 8.12

7. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Oh, my score for the book is 6/10

8. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Average score: 111.6/14 = 7.97

9. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    The last Jedi isn't much of a leap from the Coruscant nights books. Vader is onto them, They lose some people, The have to have a short confrontation with Vader, They escape with their lives but gained nothing in the overall story, The end. It's not a bad book, But it really offers nothing new or exciting and plays out like the other Jax paven books. I feel they should of ended it in this book, And if they do more i really hope they put more time into the story. 6/10

10. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Average score: 117.6/15 = 7.84

11. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Just finished it. Read it in a week, I'm trying to finish reading the books I haven't yet read before the new movies come out. Jax was too wishy-washy, Den seemed to have very little to do, I5 just seems to jump between bodies which isn't as exciting as I had hoped it would be, Laranth dies, Tesla was cool to get in his head, Vader was awesome as usual. To be quite honest, a lot of this book is just nothing. The same coversations are held again and again, there are only three locations, and we seem to just get the same information. At the beginning of the book, Yimmon is captured, and at the end of the book he's rescued. Everything else other than Jax messing with Ramage's holocron is unnecessary.

I did like Sacha though. I wish she was in it more.

7/10 I wish I could give it a lower score but there's too much to like about it overall.

12. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Average score: 124.6/16 = 7.79