main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The JC "Main Banner" Contest

Discussion in 'Communications' started by jedi-mind-trick, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    OBIX1: :D...

2. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    OBIX1: :D ...

Thanks Jace! :)

3. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah... sure, OBIX1... no prob.... :D

4. _across-the-stars_

_across-the-stars_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2003
    Alright, I've begun work on a replacement to my previous entry, since apparently we're not using "big heads"...

Here she be.

5. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    ATS: That definitely has promise, I like it. Can't wait to see the rest of it. :)

6. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    _across-the-stars_ I have to say I like the blue lightsaber better :) but still very nice :)

7. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    The bickering in this thread is really boring and unnecessary. Equally as tiresome is the "I'm a graphic designer...." talk. Funny how we have not seen those that like to boast of their credentials throw down and actually submit something. So folks, do us all a favor: either offer constructive criticisms and/or encouragement, or don't post here. Thanks. :)

DA LIST - January 14, 2004
  8. Kinobe

9. Sebulba-X

10. jacemathem

11. flying_fishi

12. yodaminch

13. HawkNC

14. gabe

15. _across-the-stars_

16. Lord Mauly Mall

17. Mar17swgirl

18. HanSolo29

19. OBIX1
  21. nashira

nashira Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2002
    ats- looks good, but I agree that the blue saber looked better...unless there will be more red in the other sections? Also, the slave/MF seems a little scrunched against the troopers. Maybe you could scoot that a little to the right side?

22. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
  23. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
  24. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    As long as Gabe does not change his banner, he has gotten my vote.

Best.Entry.Yet.

25. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Equally as tiresome is the "I'm a graphic designer...." talk. Funny how we have not seen those that like to boast of their credentials throw down and actually submit something.

I guess that's akin to a a moderator that never works her forum other than to give teenagers advice on how to avoid hangovers after illegally drinking?

female_obi_wan: Your graphics seem a bit washed out. Some more contrast might help unless you want to go for an abstract look. If you do want the abstract look, I'd say go much farther with it.

26. _across-the-stars_

_across-the-stars_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2003
    nashira wrote:
    ...looks good, but I agree that the blue saber looked better...unless there will be more red in the other sections? Also, the slave/MF seems a little scrunched against the troopers. Maybe you could scoot that a little to the right side?[hr][/blockquote]

I make a blue one, you guys want red. I make a red one, you guys want blue. :p I suppose I'll make two versions of this banner, a red theme and a blue, and you guys can tell me which you like better.

As far as the ships and stormtroopers, they are a bit squished. I haven't got around to adjusting that yet, although I did want the ships to overlap the lettering. I'll think on it. :)

27. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I updated my "Post a reply" image,only without the words "post a reply". ;)

(again,the text got fuzzy in the geocities upload.)

:)

28. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    X: [face_laugh] go colts!

29. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm pulling out of this as I lost whatever free time I had to work on this.

Mar: My only problem with your banner is the font Discusssion. Its just a little to hard to read. Maybe increase the size?

30. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    I guess that's akin to a a moderator that never works her forum other than to give teenagers advice on how to avoid hangovers after illegally drinking?

Dude, thats like Jumping into a Blender [face_plain]

And Sebulba, I like your Banner, and is it just me or is that larger then usual? And is that the Sydney Harbour Bridge in the Background?

31. SuperSkywalker

SuperSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2003
    With the little amount of time I have, I think the banners look great.

One Note the banner needs Vader.

32. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    yodaminch: I think I'll drop the "Discussion Forums" altogether.

33. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    *rolleyes*

Qui_Gon_Jim23 - Did I not just post a request for people to stop the bickering in this thread? I asked nicely once. This time, consider it a warning. Stop with the attitude and the personal pot shots or be banned.

Again, this thread is for submission and discussion of banners created for this contest. Keep it on topic people.

34. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

Here to my Banner!

I have to admit, I am relying on one of the new Expanded Universe villains. I do hope this doesn't get me disqualified?

EDIT: Links don't seem to work.

EDIT2: Oops! I misunderstood about Bib Fortuna and his replacement "Majordomo".

UKS

35. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    "And Sebulba, I like your Banner, and is it just me or is that larger then usual? And is that the Sydney Harbour Bridge in the Background?"

If you're talking about the Indy FF forum Colts banner, yes, the banner image & background files are taller than normal. My real submission for this contest is the correct size, though my curve image is larger than the stated specs. Stated specs...we don't need that scum.

It's not the Sydney Harbour Bridge, it's Indy's Conseco Fieldhouse, the central temple to all things Indiana Basketball, home of the Indiana Pacers. This is the actual picture in the banner, but it kinda gets lost with everything else.

[image=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Sebulba/reply.jpg]

36. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
  37. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Nidger is by far the most talented banner-maker on the planet. Let us bow before his creation.

Gabe, I commend you on your use of torsos as opposed to gigantic heads and shoulders only. The idea is nice, but you might want to work on colormatching the individual pictures in the banner. Also, the font you're using seems a bit misplaced -- a little too Rings-ish.

38. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Gabe, I really like your banner. :) The only thing you might work on is making sure all the pictures are about the same lightness. Like the Tarkin is very bright while the Leia is quite dark. I love the Boba using the flame thrower, make sure you don't change that. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.