Discussion in 'Community' started by SuperWatto, Sep 26, 2020.
This playlist is like Trump - no Cash
Mixtape choices explained!
1) Streets - Moonrunner83: I started with this song be it's the most recent one on the list that I discovered. I love the singer's haunting voice, and it goes perfect with the synthwave music. I did say I was in a cyberpunky mood of late.
2) Find You - Signal Void: Another haunting voice with dark synth backing. What can I say? It's a mood I love.
3) The Drone Racing League - Gunship: With a name like this, I just had to check it out. It's great for getting pumped up.
4) Make Me Real - she: This is probably the oldest song on this list in terms of when I discovered it. I like how "weird" it sounds. It's about the person in your dream waiting for you to sleep again. I used to listen to this a lot during a not great part of my life.
5) B Side (Perturbator Remix) - Dead Astronauts: I questioned whether or not to put remixes on this list, but I decided with yes. I like this song that much. In the Dark, where we sleep. Crystal Eyes are watching me. It's simple, but it stays with me.
6) Aurora - DEADLIFE: This is my favorite song in this entire list. I could listen to this song nonstop all day on repeat. We're back to dark synth here. It's the perfect mix of melancholy and hope and I really wish I knew how DEADLIFE did it.
7) Deviant - DEADLIFE: If I could, I would have submitted the entire album this and Aurora are from. But that wouldn't be much of a Mixtape, would it? Both of these are part of an album that tells one long story, and I'm a huge fan of those. Deviant is Dark Synth as its best.
8) Euphoria - Fury Weekend, Scandroid: Scandroid got me into synthwave. I don't know how to put into words what I like about this song, but it probably has to do with how the music moves up and down. I don't know how to talk music good.
9) The Bomb - Neuroticfish: Another "older" song on my list. It's about how someone who protects their emotions learns to be vulnerable. A lesson I had to learn.
10) Dark All Day - Gunship: I don't know how to describe this song other than it's a masterpiece. It's got so much in it, but it's put together perfectly.
11) Venger - Perturbator: Perturbator is a great musician, but this song is absolutely carried by its singer, Greta Link. It shows off her strength and voice, and turns this song into something you want to listen to every day.
12) Fading Light - In Strict Confidence: I haven't forgotten my industrial days, and this song is a remnant of that. I'm aware that the singing in industrial can be an....acquired taste, but I couldn't help but put one that liked on the list. It's dark, edgy, and it still speaks to me.
I don't wanna make this post too long, but if anyone wants to know more I'd be more than happy to talk about it.
Yay for Common People making it to the JCC playlist. Great song, well deserved. Thanks everyone for listening to my list.
I look forward to Vivec's list since I have never heard of any of those bands or songs.
Listening right now. Make me Real by she is a banger.
I listened to Vivec's list today and I liked nearly everything - it's going to be tough to choose. An avatar.
This playlist is interesting to me in that I didn’t know any of the artists prior. I’ve had a full listen to it ahead of time, and to me, they’re all of a type. I don’t know if they actually constitute a genre, but at one point I could imagine them being songs being played somewhere by a cyborg Vivec somewhere in the Blade Runner universe.
Yeah, in a strange pub in which the DJ is a robot, everything is made with glass and the drinks emit phosphorescent light.
And drinks are free.
Sure, I’ll go with this - just as long as everything is dank
Always loved she and Perturbator, but had to go with she.
A lot of these songs are found in a playlist I made for my Spotify listening that I named "Future Club" after the Perturbator song of the same name.
favorite of my synth playlist is perturbator's "future club." had never heard this song, but it was great. went with them.
edit: lol, nice timing
Hadn't heard of any of the bands, but the songs remind me of my son in law who always has video game music playing. Made me smile.
I like it. Reminds me a bit of Crazy Penis, but heavier on synth
I will need to listen every song more than once to determine what captures me the most. The first round wasn't enough and I'm not even sure about what to exclude.
Deviant for me, upon first listen.
But what song is your favorite?
Lol, I’m the other deviant
I am halfway through but I thought Cyberpunk 2077 came out in November, how'd you get the soundtrack?
I went with Streets by Moonrunner83. It was between that and The Bomb... I clearly like stuff where there are still lots of legible lyrics But I thank you for introducing me to a few songs in a genre I never listen to.
Honestly the part I'm liking the most is that a lot of you are hearing songs and genres you haven't heard before.
Same! I like that you guys have heard some of my favorite songs from genres you wouldn't hear otherwise.
Can't wait for how epic the winner's list will be.
The final list might be a bit impractical since it will be a strange mixture of 20 different styles, but at the end of the day the cool thing is to see each others' taste and to discover stuff we wouldn't find by ourselves.
The first two playlists have been very instructive and I have at least 4 new songs that I will listen on a regular basis from now on.
Well I often listen to vastly different music next to each other when I shuffle all my tracks. So I won't mind a weird mixtape.
Oh and Esmir, do yourself a favor and listen to all of Different Class, the Pulp album.