main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Amph The JCC mixtape, Part II (now complete!) - full playlist link in OP

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , May 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    @blackmyron's song:

[​IMG]

next up is the second playlist from @Lord Vivec! poll is live for 72 hours, and link is in the OP.

2. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Question, would it be possible to put when the poll closes in the subject as well?

heels1785 likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    sure thing - updated

Lowbacca_1977 likes this.
  4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Scandroid is going to be hard to top.

5. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    The Write Up: 2 JCC 2 Mixtape

1) Vacances de 87: This song was something we found during our move from west coast to east coast. It was an instant hit with us. We listened to it several times during the drive, and there's even another remix of the song that I like. I like the interplay between the English and French. It also helps that the French isn't super fast so I can actually understand what I'm listening to! Anyways, the song is actually kinda sad, about an American boy who meets a Canadian girl when he's on vacation. He seems to think there's a lot of meaning in that romance, but for her it was just fun. What can I say, I like songs with melancholy themes.

2) Connection: Y'all know from the first Mixtape that I'm a fan of Scandroid. Connection wasn't my favorite song in the first Scandroid album, but he did this version of the song, and I love it. Elevated it. The album it's from tells one whole story over the course of the songs, and this particular song is about meeting someone you love who is far away. I know the feelings involved in that far too well.

3) Sentient: Another Perturbator song. I like his grand, slow songs, especially the ones with vocals, and this is probably my second favorite of those (my favorite was in the last mixtape). I don't know what else to say, just give it a listen, I think you'll like.

4) Victims Among Friends: Alright, so when I was making this mixtape, I decided I wasn't just going to stick to cyberpunk dark synth. For one thing, I had largely already given my favorites. So I decided to go to the other genre of music I listen to. The one that makes everyone make that face of "ooookay." So here's the first Industrial song on this mixtape. It's a very angry song. A self hurting song. There was a time in my life when I was big on this stuff. I still love these songs, but it's not the same. I promise I only picked songs that don't hurt the ears.

5) Light Up The Night: This song is gonna get you pumped. The Protomen is a band based off of Megaman. Their songs....also tell a story over the course of the whole album. And it's great. If you ever get a chance to look at some of the music videos, I think you'll enjoy. Anyway, this is a very fast paced and action oriented song and I doubt you'll manage to remain sitting through the whole thing.

6) Icon: I don't know what it is about this song. There have been times I've just listened to this song on loop for hours. It's also a very self hurty song. But it's just mesmerizing. You'll see, er, you'll hear. It just sucks you in and keeps you there. It's another song from back when I was big big into industrial. All for you and nothing for me.

7) Chemicals + Circuitry: So, the band Grendel. They got me into industrial, specifically a genre called aggrotech. Mix cyberpunk and industrial and you get aggrotech. I think the meaning of this song is fairly self evident when you listen. This song, in fact, was the first Grendel song I heard, way back in like 2011. So it's got a lot of meaning for me on that level, introduced me to a genre of music that, uh, largely dominated my social life for a good while.

8) Only In My Mind: Imperative Reaction is a band that, well some of their songs are hella harsh on the ears, while others like this one can almost be mistaken for mainstream music. Regardless, it's another song I can just listen on repeat, plus I love the lyrics. What if you're the reason I can't fall far enough to find the lies I depend on exist only in my mind?

9) STFD: Actually, the F in STFD stands for a bad word, so idk if that was something @heels1785 needs to star out in the poll and this post. We'll deal with it when we get there. Anyways, I love TeZATalks. Her music is great and her singing especially is superb. I don't even know what genre to call this. But it's great.

10) Avenge Me: It's DEADLIFE! I realized that my prior deadlife songs were sort of slow paced, so I wanted to pick a fast paced one that I liked. And Avenge Me is that. From the same album as Aurora and Deviant, Avenge Me is definitely the more action packed song. And yes, that whole album.....tells a story.

11) Change: Ah, this really is a great one. Electronica at its best. Another song I listened to from when I was back in college, it stuck with me all these years. And, I think, you'll notice that my signature is from this!

12) Down to Earth: Now, here's the thing about Celldweller. Celldweller is Scandroid. They're the same dude, named Klayton. He's every talented, he's been doing industrial forever under the name Celldweller, and when he wanted to branch into synthwave, he came up with Scandroid. Anyways, this is one of my favs of his. It's a very angry song, we theorize he must have just broken up with someone or something.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this playlist like you enjoyed the last one. The content is a little different, but I think the quality is equal. :)

6. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    "Way back in 2011". We really are living in cyberpunk times, aren't we? A cyberpunk pen-and-paper RPG that's run by that one kid who usually is just a player who always struggles with the rules and is kind of a munchkin, and he wants to run a game for the first time, and he has all these really terrible ideas and it's sad and boring but no one wants to be the 'bad guy' so you're all just enduring his awful RPG and dreading the end of the night "So what did you think? I was thinking about turning this into a regular campaign".

Anyways, your soundtrack is cool. I'll give it a proper listen tomorrow.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah so I was really torn between Pertubator and Scandroid. But Hayley Stewart's vocals hit that spot emotionallyy that reminded me of the overall tone of Julie Christmas + Cult of Luna. So my choice was made.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    Lord Vivec likes this.
  8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Halfway through the list and I must say that I think this is better than your first list. In general there is a lot to like, I would love to listen to it in the car since I'm driving quite far today, but unfortunately I'm also having my mother in the car and she would not enjoy this.

Coruscant likes this.
  9. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    I chose Connection

10. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I’m excited to see what song will play on my trip to the Gulag.

11. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    These songs I love to listen in the car as well! I'm glad you've enjoyed the list :)

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I voted for “Avenge Me.” Possibly because I like the drop and its general vibe, possibly because I’m actually Norman Osborne.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    Ender Sai likes this.
  13. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I like it, and was interested to see another from Perturbator, as I remember enjoying B Side. Both of your playlists' moods are great.

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I've been on vacation so I've only been able to listen to a few songs, but I'll be continuing my listen through today

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I must like that guy because my favs were Connection and Down to Earth. But ultimately I went with Connection as that music style fit me a little better.

Thanks for opening my eyes a bit Vivec. This is absolutely not the type of music I would normally seek out.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  16. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Klayton is awesome and you definitely should check out more Scandroid/Celldweller stuff!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klayton

solojones likes this.
  17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Had to listen a second time and not first thing in the morning. I liked Icon the most.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  18. Charmbracelet

Charmbracelet Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 24, 2020
    I voted for “Vacances de 87“. It sounds like the kind of music I imagined they played at clubs when I was younger. Now that I have been to a few [clubs], it is the kind of music I wished they played.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I'm stuck between Vacances, Connection, Light Up the Night, Change, and Down to Earth

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Lord Vivec likes this.
  20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I went for Down to Earth. It was the one I found myself singing in my head every so often.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Love these playlists where I walk in knowing none of it. Loved loved loved "Connection", so it got my vote

Lord Vivec likes this.
  22. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    I can't decide if the votes being spread out this much means the list is good or bad :p

Darth_Duck likes this.
  23. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Still listening, but so far "Connection" is my favorite too. I like your music, Vivec. I think I bookmarked your last playlist, or I meant to.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  24. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I bookmarked everyone's playlist and now my bookmarks list is useless.

soitscometothis likes this.
  25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I see that I'm the only one who voted for Protomen, but since I like the top contenders as well I'm not going to change my vote to break the tie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.