main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Amph The JCC mixtape, Part II (now complete!) - full playlist link in OP

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , May 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Great playlist, it's not my kind of music but I enjoyed it more than Viv's first. I might be a little biased, but I went with Vacances de 87, which was an awesome choice to open this playlist with.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    just a reminder, we've got a little over 3 hours until the poll for vivec's playlist closes. @harpua's playlist is next!

3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Okay, after using the best possible way to listen to a playlist, i.e. during work hours, I've decided on Connection.

Gotta say Vivec, I had made my own cyberpunk playlist, but it was more of a "here's songs related to cyberpunk stories" whereas your playlist sounds more like what someone within, say, Cyberpunk 2077, would actually be listening to in their car or at a club.

Charmbracelet and Lord Vivec like this.
  4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I definitely googled Down To Earth to see if it was in Cyberpunk. :p

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    solojones likes this.
  5. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    That's exactly the kind of music it is, bingo! It's sorta why my own playlists that these come from are called "running in the shadows" and "future club"

blackmyron likes this.
  6. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I'm just gonna say now that I'm intending to hold this thread to that 7 PM time, as it's 5 PM EDT and I'm now listening

7. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    I see how low a priority my playlist is. [face_not_talking]

8. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I think my playlist competition rate means you're doing pretty good by comparison

Lord Vivec likes this.
  9. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Noticing a thing that in both my playlists, the very first song was well loved (Streets and now Vacances de 87). Though streets didn't win, it had a large amount of votes.

10. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I almost didn't vote for Vacances for that reason because I didn't want it to seem like I'd just gone with the first song I heard, but in the end it's the one that I liked the most.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  11. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Oh, yeah no I wasn't suggesting people didn't listen to the other ones. Streets is unironically a great song and I still listen to it. I just wonder about my own ordering of songs, am I putting my favorite stuff first?

Point Given likes this.
  12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh thank God; I thought I was the only one with a nagging fear of voting for the first song.

13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Same, but it was definitely the track I liked the most.

14. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I think there's a pattern. It's why artists like to place one of their best tracks as the first track on the album.
    We also like to place one of the best tracks at the start. You want to overwhelm.
    In that sense, Vivec was smarter than Le Couleur itself, who placed the song fourth on their album.

15. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    well ****. im a bit late as usual. gonna give it a listen even if i dont make the poll. imma do better.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    vivec's song:
    [​IMG]

harpua's playlist link is live in the OP, poll going up now. will close around 7:15p on thursday, 5/13 - @solojones is up next.

SuperWatto likes this.
  17. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Needs more Zappa, harpua.

:p

harpua and heels1785 like this.
  18. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    lemme know which one you would have voted for!

solojones likes this.
  19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    @Rogue1-and-a-half suggested I make a Zappa playlist, and after giving it some thought, I decided to go for it. I'm going to keep this brief, because I really want the music to speak for itself. I was introduced to Zappa when I was 16 years old, by my friend Shawn (rest in peace), while we were both tripping on LSD. To say Zappa made an impact that night is an understatement--Shawn played Joe's Garage in its entirety, and I fell in love. Frank Zappa has stayed with me all these years. I have never grown tired of him. Like I said, I want you guys to go into this list unaffected by my words, so I'm going to live it at that. I really hope you enjoy this list. I've tweaked it several times to get it just right.

Ramza, Coruscant, blackmyron and 3 others like this.
  20. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    well **** this is a kind of music ive got zero knowledge of. i felt like as i went down the list i always preferred the next over the previous. its hard to tell if i just got increasingly used to the sound or not. i think i end up with stfd. i can see myself turn on a track like that late at night, after the partys ended and everybodys gone home.

poor yorick likes this.
  21. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    TeZATalks is great and I'm genuinely sad her song didn't get many votes. But I'm glad to have introduced you to these genres. You can also check out my playlist from the last thread if it interests you. :)

solojones and Zapdos like this.
  22. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I was introduced to Zappa at sixteen as well, also with Joe's Garage, not by Sean but by Jan.

Jan was an extremely talented bass player, but he was manically depressed. I don't know what happened to him. Google doesn't know him.

This will be one hell of a nostalgia trip.

harpua likes this.
  23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Some more nostalgia. I was in charge of the music and slide shows for Shawn's, and less than later his sister Erica's funerals. Watermelon in Easter Hay was played for Shawn, and Black Napkins for Erica.

24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    An all Zappa playlist? What a shock! ;)

harpua likes this.
  25. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    i thought i had decided nearing the end of that playlist but that last track got me in a trance. had to change my vote last minute.

harpua likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.