main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Amph The JCC mixtape, Part II (now complete!) - full playlist link in OP

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , May 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Dammit, I actually forgot about this thread and missed some. :(

Gotta get to it.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  2. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    I'm not a vampire falling in reverse
    I'm an architect blessed with a curse

heels1785 likes this.
  3. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    k so im at my boyfriends parents for a week so i dont have much time. dont worry about me they give me a lot of wine

but this playlist is basically a friday night at my place.

its a little bit of **** you music. baking music (architects). a little drama. despair. its cool. i dunno. enjoy, or not.

4. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, I'll finally actually listen to a Korn song, so there's that.

But I noticed that on a couple of these, the track and artist name together would make a great band name. "Gravity Architects" is my favorite, but I also really like "Marigold Periphery." Those would both be great band or album names.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this one. Looks fun.

Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  5. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    Now I'm awake on a Monday morning! :D I had to go with Avenged Sevenfold on this one,

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    came down to "let me leave" and "blessed with a curse" for me, went with the latter.

i enjoyed this one, especially because it's so different from what i usually listen to on monday mornings.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    this was a fantastic playlist for my morning of work. Opted to go with Set Me Free just based on the guitar riffs.

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    This was a good playlist. I had to do some late night highway driving Saturday night and this was basically perfect for that. Just tearing down the highway at, you know, the legal speed limit, of course.

My vote went to Only the Weak which is just a monster of a track. I also really liked Stay With Me, Set Me Free and Chronos. Also, I have to admit it: I really liked the Korn track. But I liked all of them fine. The only one I'm still not a hundred percent on is I'm Not a Vampire which I went back and forth on like five times while I was listening to it the very first time: "Oh, this is not good . . . actually I think this is amazing . . . oh this is ludicrous . . . ly awesome, I mean . . . wait, is this a parody?" Fortunately, I don't actually need to know. It's . . . quite a track. But not quite enough of one to beat out Only the Weak.

EDIT: Also, I keep forgetting to say it: I think the slim down from fifteen tracks to twelve was a good idea. I like the relatively shorter running time of these lists; they feel more concentrated. I also just did the final math on my list and it looks like it's going to clock in at a quite brisk forty-one minutes, a solid twenty-four minutes shorter than my playlist last time.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    Juliet316 and Reynar_Tedros like this.
  9. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I had a similar experience with I’m Not a Vampire, @Rogue1-and-a-half. I kinda hated the song in the beginning, but by the end I loved it. It’s the standout track on this playlist IMO, so it got my vote.

10. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    hah, its fun to read your commentary. im not surprised people like the avenged song, its one of my favourite late night songs. i insist on playing it last at like 4 am before we go to bed, it almost makes me want to have something to cry about.
    the vampire one is a funny one. i dont even know the band. but it came up on random spotify after we'd played a lot of other songs, and we ended up just sitting and listening to it like "hmm.. wait, what.. oohh.. where is this going.. okay cool.. oh damn!". it gets me at the end, i think the screaming is beautiful.
    im glad someone picked only for the weak. its one of my favourite songs for feeling a bit boss.
    i could go on, but i mean, of course i like the music. this is basically just date night at my place every weekend, so its both "early night music" for celebrating the weekend and late night music for curling up on the couch.

tom and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  11. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I admit, I picked the Korn song cuz it reminded me of my daughter when she was in her goth phase.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    let's stretch this one more day, give a few more a chance to vote.

@epic, when you have a chance, can you shoot me your playlist? we'll post it tomorrow evening around 7p eastern.

Juliet316 and epic like this.
  13. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Marigold was great and gets my vote. Nice to see another playlist that's more up my alley.

14. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    will send it across in the morning!

heels1785 likes this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    just a half hour left to vote on this one! epic's playlist is ready and poll will go up at 7p.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    fun list maia! i voted for marigold.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    zapdos:

[​IMG]

up next is @epic! playlist link is in the OP, will run the poll through the 17th around 7pm, and extend if needed. after epic is @Healer_Leona, and then @tom.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I think the Waits track is the only one I'm really familiar with here. I'm a sucker for twigs, but, holy ****, is that a live cut from a Radiohead EP I've never heard of? Yes, please. And Asha Bhosle's always good. I'm excited for this one.

epic likes this.
  19. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Okay I was definitely not expecting this list, or any list really, to have songs that my dad listened to. :p

epic likes this.
  20. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow @epic

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  21. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    so i decided to do a bit of a west / hindi mash up inspired by being introduced to a lot of old indian folkish songs by my (now) fiancee in the last year or so. so enjoy the mid playlist hindi departure before returning to the sad western songs lol

what i would say is definitely try and watch the videos if you can for some of the indian stuff, in particular Choli Ke Peeche. that video really makes it.

as for the other stuff, the tom waits track always takes me back to when i first moved to london and being introduced to him by my best mate. the rest are basically a little set of melancoly songs that are all beautiful! enjoy!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Definitely going to listen a second time to this list.

23. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Plot twist: your dad is secretly a huge Star Wars fan who registered here as @epic in 1999 because he loved TPM so much and then when you showed up in 2000, he was too embarrassed to tell you. The time has come, epic! The charade is over! Reveal yourself!

24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Damn, I loved this playlist. Everything new (to me, since I'm not BF2k1's dad), and the flow kept it fresh and unexpected. I went back and listened to the opening track three times, though - I can't get enough of those vocals. That earns my vote.

epic likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    great playlist epic, it was anything but loathsome. good start to the friday with it.

epic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.