main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The JCC Watches Movies! (this Friday night... STREET FIGHTER: THE MOVIE!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Feb 7, 2015.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    If you've seen E.T. you know the specifics.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's Paul Rudd's favorite movie.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    One hour to go!

I'm going to the room to play weird videos. I'm bored.

MrZAP and Ramza like this.
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Hell yeah, preshow.

MrZAP and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  5. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Well, that was certainly a thing.

6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

Edit: Oh my god it was used for real once:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  7. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Terrible movie, lovely company!

Next week our double session program is back for a very special JCCWM in honor of the best thread to grace these boards in years. Get ready and put on your very best clothing...

Because our guest of honor will be the Prince of Darkness himself: SATAN!

See you!

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  9. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Sounds like next week is the perfect opportunity to hop on board with this.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  10. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Hello, children of darkness.

[​IMG]

For no real reason, I, as sometimes-host of this thread, have decided it's time to shake things up a little bit. As we all know, here in JCC we take our task of spreading Satanism and Occultism to the vulnerable minds of children, addicts and nerds very seriously. Thus it's my dark pride to announce the first ever...

666 SATAN WEEK 666

Rejoice, my pustulent children, my unholy spawn! For the rest of the week I'm going to be presenting here in thread a series of terrible, terrible Satanic movies that will make you a little more likely to pour menstrual blood on your head and chant Ave Satani with the rest of us. Out of all those movies we will watch two because yes: this also marks the return of the double session that so much joy gave us back when this thread was young and energetic.

We will start by presenting these two disturbingly demonic films:

BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW (1971)

Horror thriller set in 17th century England about the children of a village slowly converting into a coven of devil worshipers.

Okay, this is a cheat
    somewhat, as this movie isn't that bad. Why, some horror nerds consider it a classic. I wouldn't go that far. But I wanted to get some pure 1970s Satanic exploitation in here, and The Exorcist and The Omen are way too high-profile for this thread, so here's their red-headed British stepchild!

EVILSPEAK (1981)

An outcast military cadet taps into a way to summon demons and cast spells on his tormentors through his computer.

This is more like this! A terrible Satanic movie starring terrible actor and ultraconservative knob Clint Howard!
    Satanic computers, folks. Like Hellraiser for the 4chan crowd. Is fanboy a slur? Yes, it is, and I'll get Lucifer to flay your skin off for daring to say it!

See you tomorrow with more terrible candidates. Until then...

A̸͖͚̦̖̘͇͖̺̜̘L̶̢̳͖̣̦̬̖̟̜̞Ļ̸̤͙͚̦̹̬̻̟̼ ̸̧̝̗̗̦̰͉̩̖̼H̷̢͙̮̖̦̲̭͔͔͚A̶̡̺̲͈̗̰̻͕͇͍I̴͉̭͓̰̼̳̰̙͚ͅḺ̵̢̱̬̫͔͚̯͔̲ ̴͕̥̜̠̤̬̰̫̬̠T̶̖͓̙̤͎̪̬͙̙͜Ḫ̵̠̥̞͖̫̹̺͍̘Ę̸̥͍̬̯͇̰̺̪ͅ ̶̧̢̘̖͕͈̖̙̱̬P̸̧̢͉͕͍̱̰̭͈͜R̷̨̢̻̮͖̪̝̬̦͜I̵̹̙͉̙̣͈̩͙͜ͅN̶̫̩̟̥̞͓̦̦̮͙C̷̡̨̠͔͈̙̬͈͓̮E̵͔̼̭͍͚̘͈̲͜͜ ̵̨̦̩̺̭̗̰̖̺͍O̴͇͎̬̗̲̥̯͍̼ͅF̷̢̤̟̤͙̞̪̤̥͜ ̸̱͇͚̘͈̞̜͉̦̤Ḍ̴̡̯̣̝̬̭̞̘͜A̵̧͈̤̳̞͈̤͍̯͜R̸̡̫̻͔̹̼̦̮̜͖K̵̢̨̞̫͍̮̫̗̫̥N̸̤͖̖̞̟̖͙̺̜̦E̶̹̠̗̪͙̩̫̫̯ͅS̴̢͙͎̦̫̹͓̜͚ͅS̵̨̨͚̻̟̳̟̺̳ͅ

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Tag me when it's time for the Ernest Borgnine / William Shatner classic The Devil's Rain.

Master_Lok and Healer_Leona like this.
  12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Just come back tomorrow.

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Do they have 'To The Devil A Daughter'?

14. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Too classy. We have The Devil's Daughter, a terrible TV movie!

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Do you have any films about Satan's charities?

MrZAP and Ramza like this.
  16. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Just watch Hellboy or Freddy Got Fingered

You're welcome

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  18. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  19. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017

Did you intentionally drop the title of a third movie in your tagline as some sort of hidden message for the true believers?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  20. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    The Devil's Advocate is a position taken by many here but they are not Satanists.

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I'll bring my coziest socks.

22. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    As Chorus kind of spoiled, here's today's option in our Satanic buffet:

THE DEVIL'S RAIN (1975)

A satanist cult leader is burnt alive by the local church. He vows to come back and haunts down, and enslave, every descendant of his congregation by the power of a book of blood contracts, in which they sold their souls to the devil.

William Shatner versus Satan! I don't think you need to know much more, but what about Ernest Borgnine as a Satanic priest? What about John Travolta? What about Anton LaVey himself?! Satanxplotaition at its best.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Tom Skerrit! Satan! Ernest Borgnine! TJ Hooker! Melting faces!

Ramza and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  24. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    So I skipped a few days of this because my workplace decided this week was "just work and sleep and back to work again" week, not SATAN WEEK. So, as I don't think posting five trailers today is fair, SATAN WEEK is getting delayed until next week!

So just a regular grindhouse movie tonight:

YES, MADAM!

Ultraviolent 1985 Hong-Kong action film in the "girls with guns" subgenre, starring Michelle Yeoh (wait what) and Cynthia Rothrock (more like it) as two badass cops taking on the Triads. More kicks to the face per second that is allowed anywhere in this country, except for Texas!

Asprin (Mang Hoi) and Strepsil (John Shum), two petty thieves who inadvertently become involved in a murder case when they steal items belonging to a murdered man. The man had hidden an important microfilm in his passport, which the thieves pass onto a forger friend Panadol (Tsui Hark). Inspector Ng (Michelle Yeoh) is assigned to the case, along with Inspector Morris (Cynthia Rothrock) from Scotland Yard. The investigation leads the cops to the bumbling crooks and soon they are on Triad leader Tin's (James Tien) tail, he will stop at nothing to get the incriminating film back and with his hitman and bodyguard (Dick Wei) at his side, he proves too much for the inspectors to catch using legal means, in frustration they give up their badges and go after Tin alone.

But who cares about the plot?! If you are good, we might even watch that viral fanvideo with the final fight choregraphed to Carly Rae Jepsen!

MrZAP, Master_Lok and Ramza like this.
  25. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I like Yes, Madam. The only HK girls with guns movie I did like because of Dick Wei and Michelle Yeoh. My copy walked some time ago so I’ll just post my thoughts now. While I respect Cynthia Rothrock as a martial artist, the only remotely good movies she was in were this one and Sammo Hung’s Shanghai Express (Millionaire’s Express) - which should be perfect for this thread if you can track it down. That movie is such a delightful train wreck featuring some fun characters and fights (the samurai looking ninja trio stole the movie).

Anyway, back to Yes, Madam, which was both Michelle Yeoh and Cynthia Rothrock’s first movie. While @JoinTheSchwarz described the plot perfectly, that is not why you watch this. The end fight is everything. A great deal of glass was harmed making this movie. And Rothrock claims Dick Wei broke her jaw, which was why she hated working with him. In 80s HK cinema a great deal of the punches and kicks were real, so it wasn’t only Jackie Chan getting hurt.

Enjoy it, folks.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.