main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Jedi Enclave ~~Welcome New Followers of the Light!~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ConservativeJedi321, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Anakin_SkywaIker

Anakin_SkywaIker Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 20, 2021
    I’ve got a question that you may or may not know the answer to, what time would you say is the active on here? (I’m going to go to sleep in a few because I have to wake up for school in like 4-5 hours, gn)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    BookExogorth, ZV-83 and Kato Sai like this.
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, you've been here too long already. About two hours ago is when the busy US time ends, the UK and Australia start in about 2 hours hours mostly. So tomorrow if you come back, do so about 5 hours before NOW and only stay and hour or two, sleep is VITAL for the Jedi ;)

ZV-83, Anakin_SkywaIker and Kato Sai like this.
  3. Anakin_SkywaIker

Feb 20, 2021
    I wish I could, I just have sleep problems so I can’t get more than 6-7 hours of sleep, if I’m lucky I can get 6, but usually I only get 3-4 hours of sleep. I just wish that today was still Sunday so that I could stay on here and talk to all if you nice internet strangers for longer than like 4 hours. I just need people to talk to because I have a hard time making friends at school due to me being that one quiet kid in the back corner of the classroom that many people would think is a school schooler or something stupid like that, I’m just in need of people to talk to and I totally understand the need for sleep for a good start of the day, I know this is totally unbelievable and sounds made up but I get sick(throwing up, severe migraine, and other things that nobody wants to hear) I get more than 7 hours of sleep

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    Sarge, BookExogorth, Kato Sai and 2 others like this.
  4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, we are around, and your school comes first, get that done and come back while studying after school, things move reasonably slow, so you can keep up. We are good company!

5. Anakin_SkywaIker

Feb 20, 2021
    That is amazing to hear, but I don’t start school till like 7:20A.M. and it’s currently 6:12 A.M., I wake up at 5:30 so I can get my stuff ready for school. And yes, school starts way too early and the bus ride is not too long.

BookExogorth, Kato Sai and ZV-83 like this.
  6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That is early, here in Australia school starts at 9am! :eek:

Kato Sai and ZV-83 like this.
  7. Anakin_SkywaIker

Feb 20, 2021
    The time that most high schools start in Pasco County Florida is at around 7:10-7:45, most middle and elementary schools start between 7:30-9:30, we need more time to study and to do homework

BookExogorth, Kato Sai and ZV-83 like this.
  8. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Wow, that is really early. School starts in Canada around 8:30am - 9:30am (depending on the school).

Anakin_SkywaIker likes this.
  9. Anakin_SkywaIker

Feb 20, 2021
    Well, I got one thing from school for sure; trust issues!

Kato Sai likes this.
  10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We all get that from school, I decided a long time ago teenager can be the cruelest creatures on the planet, and they think they are funny!

I watched my son spiral down to the point of suicide, so I hear you.

11. Anakin_SkywaIker

Feb 20, 2021
    I feel bad for everybody around my age that get to that point, I think I just lucked out and didn’t get that far

Sarge and BookExogorth like this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You have the right support I hope. My son didn't think his mum understood, and never told me, I suspected and started doing things like parking around the corner from school so they bully's wouldn't see me but I'd text him saying 'Look right'. He was always thrilled to see his mother red midlife crisis car with the JEDI numberplates. We'd talk then and he told me a little, but not all of it. I found a note in his room cleaning it one day, then we talked heavily and I got him help. So glad I did, I have my son still because I was aware. I know now why he carried all his books home every night, they'd broken the lock off his locker and filled it daily from the bins, he'd empty it every morning and they'd do it again during the day. He was scared if he told it would make it worse. HORRIBLE CREATURES. And that's the tip of the iceberg.

13. Anakin_SkywaIker

Feb 20, 2021
    I understand the bullying, I actually had nobody to support me, I was bullied for being short in elementary school, my family had plans to move once I finished elementary, my little brother was separated from some of his friends when we did. We had moved after every year of middle school and I think we have finally settled in a house that will allow my little brother to finish school without needing to move

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    My son suffered the same disability. I was worried so I had him tested about his growth, turned out he was just about 2.5 years behind his peers, so he's grown now since he left school and he's 5'7" - not overly tall but not 4'11" like he was. He's just started university and is happy finally at 21. Took time, but he got there. ;)

15. Anakin_SkywaIker

Feb 20, 2021
    I’m currently like 5’1”, I’ve not been bullied about my height since like 7th grade, I’m currently in 10th

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That's good news, and I am glad to hear it, you're my height. ;)

What we are learning here is that ones way of viewing a bad situation can change that situation entirely. Ones perspective on themselves and the world can change everything.

Now I am happy to keep talking to you after this but we should take this to Private Message so as not to spam up the Jedi Enclave thread ;)

17. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Oh my! Makes me thankful I was schooled remotely as I lived around the world.

18. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    As the saying goes, early to bed, early to rise.....

And then there's the reality of having too many things to do.

19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Too little to do is far worse, “idle hands do the dark side’s work.”

20. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    That could be true. But when you really think about it, there is always something to do. There is always an area of your living quarters you can clean or organize. If not that, there's an old friendship somewhere that needs attention. Or maybe there's a book you intended to read but got stuck. Or there's exercise or meditation.

21. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Yeah, this is why I have a hard time getting motivated even when work is staring me in the face. Responsibilities will literally always be there and all of it put together looks insurmountable, so it’s hard for me to want to do any of it. The feeling sounds silly written out like that.

22. Anakin_SkywaIker

Feb 20, 2021
    Why does ‘Responsibilities’ slap me in the face when I wake up every morning?

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Indeed,
    I feel the same about my duties. It has become so routine, and some days I just pause and feel like the list will never end.

24. Anakin_SkywaIker

Feb 20, 2021
    ‘Responsibilities’, go away, wake me up in an hour instead!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    BookExogorth likes this.
  25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    No ones job to leave a wake up call for you mate, for the Jedi Initiate it is their own responsibility. ;)

ZV-83, Kato Sai, Sarge and 2 others like this.