main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Jedi Enclave ~~Welcome New Followers of the Light!~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ConservativeJedi321, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Blargxcntrl

Blargxcntrl Jedi Padawan

Nov 27, 2016
    Jedi Master Kenobiwan a little confused because I've answered a very similar question (the task was to pick a force power and describe what you would do in real life). My answer was this:

"I'd probably pay a visit to a carnival and head towards those dunking stations where you have to throw a baseball at a target. I'd stand back a little ways, waiting for a random child to step up to the challenge. If he or she was having a hard time hitting the target I would use the force to help them out. Just as they were about to release the ball, I would use force throw to guide the ball toward the target, leaving everyone impressed and marveling at the kid's throw. Hopefully this would make him/her happy and possibly eager to pursue a baseball/softball career. Who knows?"

My favorite power is force telekinesis so it fits in with the answer mentioned above.

Sarge and Jedi Master Kenobiwan like this.
  2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    This is the trouble with having so many initiates at once!:p
    Fortunately it is a mild inconvenience. The benefit certainly far exceeds the inconvenience.;)

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  3. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
  4. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Initiate Task
    Locate a copy of the Jedi code and tell us what each line means to you.
    Gembo and any other Initiate who hasn't done this task

5. Gembo

Gembo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2017
    There is no emotion, there is peace - To me this means that you shouldn't let your emotions get in the way of what's in everyone's best interest
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge - To me this means that it is our duty to be informed in order to make the right decisions.
    There is no passion, there is serenity - To me this means being one with the force and not being passionate or aggressive about anything that goes against the force's will
    There is no chaos, there is harmony - To me this means that people should be in harmony with others and with the force, being organised by the Jedi Council, as opposed to being a vigilante or criminal
    There is no death, there is the force - To me this means that so long as you are one with the force, you will never really die

Sarge and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  6. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Interesting... I always like to see how people interpret this in different ways...
    For this I'll give you 3 Force Points Once again.
    Gembo
    Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  7. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Master Vo'Un'Var

There is no emotion, there is peace = that you should always seek to understand and explore your emotions, never set them aside or deny them
    There is no ignornace, there is knowledge = that you should continue to gain knowledge and never be unaware of the world around you
    There is no passion, there is serenity = that you should never act rashly, always remain calm and also think things through
    There is no chaos, there is harmony = that everything is interconnected, and that every event, no matter how small, has a purpose
    There is no death, there is the Force = that you must always be prepared for death and that when someone dies, they will forever be part of the Force

8. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017

Have you done this task? I thought you did, but I'm not sure, if not then I award you 3 Force Points for that task
    Kyber Acyk
    Bardan_Jusik

Edit: Checking back, you haven't done this task, so don't mind crazy ol' me

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  9. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Council Announcement

It has been observed that the training being offered to the initiate candidates has become a bit hasty and disorganized. Initiation should last at least two weeks which should give everyone plenty of time to ask and answer questions in a relaxed pace. While all Knights are welcome and encouraged to participate, it is apparent that not everyone is following along and carefully reading everyone's posts to accurately know where each initiate stands. We encourage you to work together in the spirit of cooperation and harmony.

Knights should also remember that how you train the new arrivals reveals your readiness to take on a padawan learner of your own.;)

TAG 1 Jedi Master Kenobiwan Master Vo'Un'Var
    TAG 2 BookExogorth ConservativeJedi321

Council Bardan_Jusik Adalia-Durron Mitth_Fisto

10. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I sense a disturbance in the force on this, the premiere week of a brand new Star Wars film, Episode VIII.

They only premiere once. The rest are re-releases. *Breathe the air and remember this time. But I guess we get to do this every December now.

Myself, I will take in the ambience and then wait patiently until I'm ready to see the film. I always manage to see a new Star Wars film at least twice in the theater.

Loth-cat likes this.
  11. Blargxcntrl

Blargxcntrl Jedi Padawan

Nov 27, 2016
    Tython Awakening Saw Episode VIII on Thursday. Loved it. It has everything I've come to love about this new installment of SW movies.

On a more technical note, is anyone experiencing slowness with this web site? I have been for a few days now and every other site I use seems fine.

12. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Blargxcntrl

Yes, an error won't let me access the site. The site is too slow if I can manage to get on.

Blargxcntrl likes this.
  13. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Server lag on this forum and the error message that one sometimes get when trying to enter this page is also a known problem for the mod staff. Many members, including me has posted the issues.

On a different note tho; WHO'S READY FOR WOOKIE DAY?!?!?! :D:chewie:

14. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    I certainly am, Master Kenobiwan! :D

15. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Fantastic, youngone! I love your enthusiasm. :D Remember to bring with you a holorecorder tho, 'cause our dear Master Chetan got a big surprice for us. :chewie: ;) :D

16. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
  17. Blargxcntrl

Blargxcntrl Jedi Padawan

Nov 27, 2016

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Tython Awakening thanks for the info, I think the Sith are throttling our forums. I'm currently on Best Western hotel wifi and it seems to be working fine.

18. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Was I the bartender for wookie day?

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  19. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Yup. ;)

The thread is open and alive! Happy Wookiee Day everyone!!!! :chewie:

20. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Wookies everywhere are gettin' all groomed up and then showin' up for Life Day​

[​IMG]

21. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Initiate Task:
    You are a Padawan. Your master vocally disagrees with the council on a current issue, and is trying to draw you into the conflict. What would be the most jedi-like way to respond to this situation?

You may imagine details if you wish.

Kyber Acyk, Blargxcntrl, Gembo

22. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    I would respond by asking my Master to not act rashly and to see all sides of the issue completely, so they could see how their actions would have consequences.

23. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I would appreciate it if you, and the others, responded with more detail than that. :) Think it over a bit. There is no penalty for delaying your answer. Remember also, that these tasks are designed to prepare you for being a Padawan.

Kyber Acyk

24. Gembo

Gembo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2017
    I think that I would try to hear out both sides and try to show my master that the Jedi Order usually has the people's best interests at heart. I would not try to get involved unless the issue particularly involved me, or my Master or the Council were trying to involve me in it. I would always try to serve my Jedi Master, however I know that the Jedi Order is the authority and know best in force or politic-related issues, and generally have our best interests at heart. Furthermore, I would urge my master to see the consequences of defying the Council, and how it could poorly affect both them and the general public.

25. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Your answer reminded me of the scene in TPM where Obi-Wan tell Qui-Gon to not to defy the Council...again:

[​IMG]

Obi-Wan: "Do not defy the Council, Master, not again."
    Qui-Gon: "I shall do what I must, Obi-Wan."

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.