main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Jedi Enclave ~~Welcome New Followers of the Light!~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ConservativeJedi321, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    First of all, I would not want to get involved if the issue did not directly concern me, but if it was related to my Master or the Jedi Council, I feel that I would have to be involved. Then, I would try my best to show my Master that irregardless of the issue, the Council was acting in the best interests of the galaxy as a whole.

Finally, getting my Master to see the consequences of any future action they would take, would hopefully make them think the issue through and also see that if they took drastic action to solve the issue, they would be straying from the Jedi way and would bring discredit upon themselves, myself and the Jedi Order also.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Starts decorating the Enclave for Christmas

[​IMG]

3. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Do you require some help with decorating, Master Tehanis?

And we have a spare Christmas tree in our loft - would the Council like me to put it up and decorate it?

4. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    *Starts wrapping presents while no one is looking*

[face_shhh]

BookExogorth likes this.
  5. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    *Suddenly a cascade of fireworks enters the sky and lights up the surrounding*

[​IMG]

Happy new year, everyone. Stay safe and sound and enjoy the new year, which is full with new opportunities, with your dear ones. :)

6. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    A little under twelve hours for me. Happy new years to those whom it is past.:)

7. Blargxcntrl

Blargxcntrl Jedi Padawan

Nov 27, 2016
    @BookExogorth

As a Padawan, witnessing my Master vocally disagree with the Council might at first have me shocked or confused. I’d imagine I’d also be nervous or anxious if my Master was attempting to pull me into the conflict. I’ll admit that I would find it difficult to not side with my Master from the outset of the argument. He or she is, after all, my mentor and perhaps closest ally.

After quickly gathering my thoughts, I would use this moment to not only help solve the issue, but prove to both my Master and the Council that I am on the path to possessing the mind of a Jedi. I would take a step forward and state that we are meant to bring balance to the force and the life in which it binds. How are we to do this when we cannot even achieve balance within own Order?

In this moment, I would strive to be a mediator of sorts, and I would respectfully state to my Master that pulling me into one side of a conflict is not the best solution to achieve a diplomatic resolution. I would then go on to reiterate both sides of the conflict to assure that everyone is on the same page and no details were missed. Then, I would ask questions in an attempt to encourage further discussion on each conflicting point.

I am not naive enough to think that the issue could be solved within that particular meeting, but, as Padawan, I am wise enough to know that issues must be looked at objectively and within the framework of bringing balance. I would try to bring these notions to the forefront of the discussion.

8. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Anouncement (delayed because of DRL):

Because of @ConservativeJedi321's promotion to the rank of master, the council has given me the position of Caretaker of the Enclave! I hope to do as well as him in helping initiates and guarding our candy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Points for the initiate task: five points for @Blargxcntrl, three points for @Gembo.
    (@Adalia-Durron) @Kyber Acyk I don't think I can award points to you anymore, but I appreciate the task.
    @Bardan_Jusik

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  9. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    BookExogorth likes this.
  10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    @BookExogorth, just a heads up, I am not getting alerts from your tags.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    BookExogorth likes this.
  11. Blargxcntrl

Blargxcntrl Jedi Padawan

Nov 27, 2016
    BookExogorth likes this.
  12. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Thanks!

I suppose that soon we'll be congratulating you. ;)

Blargxcntrl likes this.
  13. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Congratulations to both of you. =D=

Blargxcntrl and BookExogorth like this.
  14. Gembo

Gembo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2017
    Blargxcntrl and BookExogorth like this.
  15. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    *raises an eyebrow then smiles*

Actually, my sister Jedi, we were planning to offer you the position even before CJ321 completed his Master trials. The timing just happened to coincide so that it made even more practical sense once he also was offered a seat on the Council. You earned the position based on your merit and skill alone in fulfilling that role even before you received the official title. ;)

My congratulations to you. The new Force potentials are in good hands. :ben:

16. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
  17. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    Hello initiates! (If there are any)

18. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]
    In an unannounced visit to the Enclave, I find its Caretaker in deep meditation scanning the Galaxy for Force sensitive beings.

19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Thank thee all, and congratulations on taking up the mantel @BookExogorth

BookExogorth likes this.
  20. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Initiate Task
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Select a moment between a Master & padawan depicted in either the films, TV shows or books that represents what you feel to be a good example of how such a partnership should be. Share your reasons why and any relevant image you may find with your post.

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Ananta Chetan

I love Mara Jade in the "let's get real" mode in Vision of the Future [face_laugh] She wasn't literally a Jedi yet but she could tell Luke a thing or two about using the Force indiscriminately and not depending upon other intuitive skills. :cool: Then in Dark Tide I, Onslaught, [face_love] even in the midst of a dire situation on Dantooine and fighting that krelling disease, she was able to mentor Anakin Solo brilliantly. (I always liked him more than Jacen anyway.) :p

Mara exemplifies a no-nonsense pragmatic approach that I adore. She doesn't tap dance around anything. She commands respect and in the midst of a fast paced situation you don't have time to give longwinded philosophical rationales. Those can come later, LOL after the dust settles. ;)

~~~~!!!!

Congratulations to all who've just gotten promoted here. =D= @};-

22. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013

This is a little gem of a fan film, chock-full of wisdom and invaluable lessons for every aspirant. Give it a watch and share in detail what you have learned IC and also be ready to answer any follow-up questions we may have. ;)

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha 3 pts for your previous task.

@Bardan_Jusik pts

BookExogorth and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  23. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    I think I've seen you assign that before. Is this a general task?

24. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    You're correct. I believe I assigned it back when the first wave of padawans came to the rebooted GoL.

No, but I can make it one, if you like. ;)

BookExogorth likes this.
  25. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Well, I would kind of like that. You didn't have any header, so I wondered. :)

Ananta Chetan likes this.