main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Jedi Enclave ~~Welcome New Followers of the Light!~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ConservativeJedi321, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *starts enjoying the white chocolate over here*

Don't you feel a bit sick after a while? Or is that me?

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Pushes the fake Padawan out the door and bakes a fresh batch of Hot Cross Buns.

Khalia Octa and BookExogorth like this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Boo, hiss.

Dagobahsystem and Ananta Chetan like this.
  4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    That's so unJedi of you

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Not really, a Sith in a Jedi Temple isn't really acceptable.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I haven't returned to the Sith yet!

Dagobahsystem and Sarge like this.
  7. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Oh, the suspense!

[face_nail_biting]

Dagobahsystem and BookExogorth like this.
  8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    *enters with a holorecorder playing*

Our sources claim otherwise.[face_thinking]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Adalia-Durron and DarthIshyZ like this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    On what date were these alleged points awarded?

10. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    The post was intended to be a more direct refutation of the infiltrators assertion that he had not returned to the Sith.

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    But my points. :(

Can I bank them? In case I, y’know, make a permanent move?

12. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    While I don't speak for the full council, one can't help but think that returning to the Sith would be an indication that the lessons weren't taken to heart, and therefor subvert the entire purpose of having the points in the first place.o_O

13. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    What if one day someone emerged from our two factions enlightened by a new vision?

What if that relationship with the Force was nothing like we had ever seen before?

What if it transcended and yet somehow included everything we had ever been taught about the Light and the Dark?

What if?

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That is a very deep question! I find Darksiders lack empathy and morals. Two things that are instilled deeply in myself and they themselves stop me from looking to dark solutions to my problems. My first question is 'how will this affect others?' and the second is usually 'Is this the right path to take?'. Having a moral compass and deep empathy for all living things can be a weakness, I am aware of that, but it also encourages creative thinking.

Sarge and Ananta Chetan like this.
  15. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    @Ananta Chetan
    I'm not sure about that what if. I don't think I know what I would respond to this hypothetical person, I think I'd have to meet the person and truly examine them and their way.
    The problem is if it's nothing I've ever seen before, then it's totally out of my current frame of reference and I have no idea what they'd do, why they do it, what the consequences of their actions are, etc., all of which would be factors.
    It's hard to formulate a response to a person who currently doesn't exist.

16. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I didn't want to double post, but it's been a few days. @ConservativeJedi321 asked about some of our fondest memories of the GoL. It might seem silly, but after a bit of thought, I kept coming back to when @Sarge assigned @Skyla Skywalker the task of taking care of the younglings. It became such an enjoyable event, with random GoLers causing trouble for Skyla, Skyla having to tell all of them a story, and other hijinks. Whenever I think of that, I think of the camaraderie and friendship of the GoL.

17. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    And the capacity of younglings to torment their elders.:p

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    My memory was the great snow ball fight @Ananta Chetan instigated. Much laughter and fun was had by all when he lobbed a snow ball at his then fellow council member. She couldn't resist the urge to fight back and it took little time for the entire Temple to join in..........

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [face_laugh]
    That was a good time, thanks for remembering.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Tell me fellow Jedi, who do you think is the Greatest Jedi Of all Time?

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Luke Skywalker. He had plenty of failures, but he didn't let them stop him from pressing on. Even when his mentors let him down, he managed to obey the will of the Force and find the correct path forward. It was often a brutally painful path, and he stumbled badly, but he followed it to the end in spite of what it cost him.

22. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    There are so many Jedi to choose from. My favorite Jedi include Luke, Ben, and Yoda from the classic trilogy. Then I would go back to the Jedi in Tales of the Jedi and Old Republic. Odan-urr comes to mind. Neti Master Ood Bnar is another. Librarian Jocasta Nu can win for personality and uniqueness. The Jedi in the Dawn of the Jedi era weren't rounded out enough but the era showed lots of potential for producing favorite Jedi.

23. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Is greatness something Jedi should even be trying to attain? The greatest Jedi are those that devote themselves to the light, not necessarily those whose stories are best remembered.

24. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    We might consider how the individual Jedi served the light to sustain the Jedi Order through the ages. Greatness may be viewed in terms of values like sustenance and the betterment of others. Some Jedi like Luke, Ben, Yoda (and I would like to add Leia Organa) had destiny thrust upon their shoulders. Theirs was to turn back the tide of tyranny. (naturally they became heroes ;) )

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Not from their point of view but they are judged from the outside looking in and thats the perspective I'm angling at ;)

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.