main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi Purges -- a Challenge /// Updated with new stories (9/18)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Lilith Demodae, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I think I've read and replied to all the shorties that've gone up so far. They're all great - the general calibre of these challenge entries seems very high. :)

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Ok well I think I've read them all I may have missed one -- but they're all so well done! Rats Lilith I didn't think about the fact that now I have to kill off my OC's .... don't know if I have the heart to do that -- we'll see...

Excellent idea for a challenge even though I did nearly cry on several vig's ... I forsee the need for a big box of kleenex's when Ep 3 comes out next year..

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm working on two. One is heartbreakingly sweet, the other just gut-wrenching.

4. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Thanks to everyone who has responded. So far every story has been a little different and perfectly wonderful (if in a depressing and sad sort of way).

Layren -- Sorry. [face_blush] But everyone dies eventually. It's just that in this case quite a few Jedi died quite a bit sooner than anyone anticipated. And I know how you feel. It wasn't easy killing off a character I wrote for two and a half chapters worth of a group fic. (the USJS if anyone is a tf.n history buff...)

Ish, I wait with breathless anticipation. :)

5. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    I'm wokring on mine right now, or at least I'm tyring to. Will some here beta it for me if I ask you nicely?

:Targeter:

6. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Lilith -- Evil you are :p I've been rp'ing and writing with my character Kyran Josel since 01 ... do you know how HARD this is going to be?

I think I need to work on my Plot Device fic before I post any more sob stories :p

Where did you come up with this wonderful, but insane idea?

Targeter -- I might be willing to take a look at it for you ;)

7. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Yay! Muchos Gracias Layren. My un-betaed work doesn't end up looking that pretty, I usually have lotsa of spelling errors that the computer doesn't pick up, from me trying to type fast enough to keep up with my brain.

:Targeter:

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
  9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I found this challenge from all the challenge reponses I've been adding to the Index in Saga... I think this is a lovely idea. I plan on writing something for it by next week when I'm on vacation. A wonderful, wonderful idea, Lilith. :)

10. trfcrugby

trfcrugby Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2004
    Ok, I did one up just for this challenge, since I like the idea so much. A short piece I called:

A Husband's Secret

http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/16607650/?0

11. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Layren, The idea's actually been floating around in my head for some time now. Everyone writes about happy endings, but we forget that in order for ANH to happen all but two Jedi must die. And I've always been into the slightly darker fics where they don't necessarily end 'happily ever after', but the best good possible still comes out of them. [face_devil] And this is my chance to get as many of that type of story as possible together in one place! ;)

Sara -- Thank you, welcome, and I look forward to your entries. :)

12. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    I like dark fics too but not where everyone dies :p I prefer the angst and torture type myself :p

I did it. I killed all three of my OC's.. oiy. I was on the verge of tears too writing the fic. will post it here in a little while after I'm a bit calmer. The Vader vig was much less personal and therefore much easier to do. Kyran however I have been writing and rpging with since 2001. It was very very hard to write this piece .. but I did it no thanks to you Lilith :p

And here's the Link too ...

Old Friends Long Gone

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I've written a couple of full-length fics that deal with the Jedi Purges and the real challenge with this was when you said something about not having "the one who got away." My first fic over 200 pages was about one who got away, an Alderaanian Jedi who married an Imperial officer after her husband was killed in the Purges. She got stripped of the force at her own request and the child she had was Force-blind. And then, of course, i couldn't just cut and paste the last 50 pages of All the Wrong Places. So I decided to take Ana, the one in the aforementioned story, put her in a situation I'd created for that story, and had it go wrong. And I think it went pretty well.

14. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *Waves* I was interested in this challenge... but I think mine is gonna be to long. It came out to be 6 pages!! :eek: Ummm guess that's a bit too long? Is it? (6 pages in MS Word rather)

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Mine is nearly 7

16. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Mine was almost 6, sounds like you're good to go.

17. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    Why is it that I always come to a thread late? :p

Whatever. I'm writing something for this challenge. I'll have it up as soon as possible.

Suzi

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ack... wait you said they gotta die right? Hrmmm

hehehe well can I post the 'death' and an alternate ending afterward? *snrk* If I do the 'all die' it is juz a speck over 3 pages then.

19. trfcrugby

Jul 12, 2004
    Mine came in at about 5 1/2 pages, so post away.

These challenges are fun, a nice way to write something short and to the point.

20. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    This is wonderful, folks. I'm actually surprised how many responses this thread has gotten. Keep up the great work!

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I think because everyone has their own theories.

22. trfcrugby

Jul 12, 2004
    Here's another:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=16619325&replies=0

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    OK I'm gonna post the 'altered' version where both the OCs of mine die. But later I'll post my original ending at the bottom of the same thread. I'll edit this post with it's link once it's established.

(edit: OK here it is 'One Last Meeting' http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=16620822&replies=0 )

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm trying to decide whether or not to post that second one, where it's a lot more graphic.

25. trfcrugby

Jul 12, 2004
    Ah post it! I love a good, tasteful, graphic story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.