main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi Purges -- a Challenge /// Updated with new stories (9/18)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Lilith Demodae, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I just posted it under "Lead me home." Be warned, I had to work first-hand with a mod to make sure that i got the effect with the appropriate gore.

2. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Hmm, never taken part in a challenge before, but I thought I should give this one a try... don't know really how it turned out, but ah well. :)

Anger, Fear

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I did another one, this time from an Imperial's POV. I have to say that I've been reading the various responses and I'm amazed and impressed by the talent on these boards! WOW!

Case #1795-HM

4. trfcrugby

trfcrugby Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2004
    Nice work everyone. This challenge has been a great success. It's so cool to see the different ideas from all the authors, things I would never think of, ideas that I had and someone else explained better than I ever could have. Great fun to read all of these.

So many different styles and POV in this challenge, and many authors stepped up to the challenge.

Is there a way to make a complete list of the purge challenge stories so we can index them in this thread in one post? I think if we could get the thread started/challenge issuer to post a list in the first post, that would be awesome. Make it easy to see all of the challenge repsonses.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Someone could compile them and send them to Lilith for posting.

Guys, I'm trying to narrow down all the noms for people who deserve major angst awards for their entries on this.

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I've posted my original version on the the "One Last Meeting" thread ;) hehehe If it can qualify then I'd prefer to use that one instead ;) but *shrugs* up to the judge(s) hehehe ;)

I agree about all the stories so far! They're great and it's interesting how so many differ types of 'Purges' have come out of it! Whomever thought about this challenge I =D= it is awesome! :D

7. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I can absolutely compile a list. Give me a couple hours, though... Stargate's about to come on. ;)

8. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehe I'm having to record my SG-A ;) online RPing Rifts so can't watch it. hehehe

9. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
  10. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    Wow. I just finished reading all these responses and I can only say 'Wow'. There isn't a dull one in the bunch.

11. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    I'm also a bit late, I know. This is my try:

Light

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    You forgot Innocent Proven Guilty.

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Yay! Love the list. Makes it so easy to read ones I haven't yet!

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I hope no one minds, but I put up a trailer for this thread, went through all of the listed stories and stole snippets, threw in a quote I wrote for a different story given by Palpatine when he orders the Purges...

Shot of Yoda against a black screen.

YODA: The shroud of the Dark Side has fallen.

Shot of Darth Maul and Count Dooku, both engaged in heated duels.

Shot from end of AOTC, with the Grand Army of the Republic departing from Coruscant as the loyalists look on horrified.

Close in to Emperor Palpatine in his office.

PALPATINE: It is time for us to take arms against our oppressors, the Jedi. No longer will they murder
    our families and rob our children of their souls. As a soil must be purged of contaminants in order to produce, so must we purge this contaminant from our histories, our lives, and our future.

A Jedi lies, cut down, in a shrine and the attendants carry him away, but the bloodstain remains.

Darth Vader stalks through the ruins of the Archives.

UNKNOWN VOICE: Blind. What else could we have been to have the very worst of the terror unleashed on being-kind come from within our own ranks. The very instrument of our demise lived with us, laughed with us, shared our hopes and dreams of peace and justice in the galaxy. Why could we not see the monster until it was poised to kill?

Vader and troopers in a dark corridor. He stops still suddenly, and turns to his left, as if he can smell the scent of his prey. The troopers wait, puzzled. Vader looks around, from left to right, before jerking his head in the direction of a small locker in the corner. A gloved hand rises fast into the air, and the locker door is ripped off its hinges and sent spinning into the wall. Inside, the padawan whimpers, cowering from the Dark Lord. A lightsaber is raised. A crimson blade hisses to life.

A Jedi is pacing by landing bay doors. A woman approaches and he smiles.

LIN: Padawan, it's...

MENARIA: Not here, not ever again! Have you not heard?

She leads him down the hallway, among curious onlookers.

MENARIA: You haven?t heard have you? The Temple? the? The Jedi are no more.

Shot of a woman with blonde hair in a green dress, as she confides in a five-year-old girl.

LISET: I have two best friends, Ara and Yrin, that I can't play with anymore, so I wear one braid for each of them.

MAURA: Why can't you play with them?

LISET: Because mean people don't like us. They think we're the bad guys, so we have to go away from each other.

Shot of a couple running through a corridor, the wife checking over her shoulder.

JANE (VO): What'll we do?

K'VEL (VO): We'll just have to split up. And that's easy enough since we already have.

The same couple, still in the maze of corridors, looking very frustrated.

JANE: If we hadn't come out he'd have gone after the children instead.

K'vel nods grimly.

K'VEL: Our course has been set from the instant we missed our transport out of here.

Shot of a Master and Padawan embracing tightly while a conflagration is visible outside the window.

A Jedi sights in on the back of a stormtrooper.

Four stormtroopers surround a speeder.

Inside the speeder, a woman grips a Jedi's shoulder.

KARA: Be still, and do not do anything rash.

A Jedi in a smuggling compartment, the sound of his shallow breaths overlaid with the sound of Vader's respiration.

ART:Hanlon, please ? I can?t pay you. I have nothing left. The Empire has destroyed it all. But I cannot die here. Please, old friend?

Jedi huddled in a cave, of all ages from a babe in diapers, the focus of the picture an older woman.

A door bursts open, revealing four stormtroopers standing before a man. A scuffle ensues and we see the man who was approaching the door fall to the ground, pulling one of the troopers with him.

A man holding a blaster to this man's forehead.

KOHN: You see, Master Jedi, I too once had a family. But your Council?s wars took them from me.

The man struggles to stand, but the blaster barrel pushes him to

15. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Fun! I love it. :D

16. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Impressive... must have taken some time going through all stories and writing that down. It's great! :D

17. Arin_Atona

Jul 10, 2004
    Awesome trailer, Ishy!

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh that was chilling! Wonderfully put together! :D I got goosebumps from it!

19. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    THat was really really good Ish! Which one was from mine?

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Layren prob the one where the Jedi were side by side or back to back I think that was mentioned

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Layren, I believe yours was the shot of Vader in the Archives.

Jane's was the quote at the end of about hoping.

The quote from Palpatine is from my rendition of him declaring the New Order in my fic Though Deepening Trials, which is about two Jedi Masters, only one of whom escapes the purges by being stripped of the Force.

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I have a question Lilith.

One of my completed stories was set during the purges and tapped into it a bit. It's far too long to put up here, but is it all right if I do somewhat of a spin-off vig from that story for this challenge, puting it in another character's POV?

23. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
  24. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Miana -- Go right ahead! :)

25. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Sweet.

By the way, do you know how bloody hard it is to keep this PG?? I wrote 2 pages of it, then had to go chop out half of it because it was at least R rated! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.