main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi Saga II Teaser

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by fireresq7, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Ok ok many of you on the other thread (The Jedi Saga continued)have been begging for some type of update so I am making a new thread for all to see. Hear is a little teaser of what to expect with the next film:
    TJS2 Teaser

Comments-like always- are welcome!

~Rory

2. Darth_Dude_91

Darth_Dude_91 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2004
    That was awsome.Im even more excited about the movie now.

3. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    I'll have to watch it with sound later, but it looks great!

I might be totally wrong, but shouldn't the rain be falling the opposite way when we see the Jedi from behind? (left to right rather than right to left?)

4. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    You're right but remember this is a veeeeery earlier rendition. Things will change!

Enjoy

~Rory

5. RIPLEY426

RIPLEY426 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2003
    I thought that the rain was an awesome idea! Usually we only see dry scenes, or scenes in the forest. :)
    I liked it!
    But I didn´t like the voices. I could hardly hear what they said! Maybe you shouldn´t use a real echo, rather an echo with a smaller delay, so the words are not repeated, but their dublications linger somewhere at the end of the acutal words!

Another question: Are you gonna leave the size like it is now? I´d rather like to see one that is larger... widescreenish.

Keep it on! It is great!

6. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Yes I will make it bigger (Thats really up to Jeremy West!!!!) and I will try to make it widescreen too, if not I'll just letter box it!!!

Is there anyone else that is having problems understanding the dialouge?

~Rory

7. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    The audio was fine, though the levels were a little low, and it was spoken a little quickly. Just work on diction a bit, and it'd be perfectly fine.

8. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    it was pretty easy to understand. for widescreen you should check your canon camera for the 16:9 format and shoot in that. just a suggestion.

9. ironhide

ironhide Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Rory you are one talented SOB!

The voices are a bit quiet to hear properly and the echo is a bit much, made it more confusing rather than an echo.

Otherwise it looks great, looking forward to seeing Dooku.

Have you checked the sci-fi boards recently the GG models are looking great. Shouldn't be long before they are totally finished.

10. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Thanks Iron Hide! And yes I've been watching the GG updates, I never really asked though, if they are going to share them? You think they will?

~Rory

11. Jeremy_West

Jeremy_West Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2003
    Hey Rory- Looking pretty good so far, although I know this is only a quickie teaser. A couple things I noticed that could be improved upon... The top of your head got cut off pretty badly by the mask/key. Also, the rain was coming across the screen diagonally the same direction, even when you changed camera angles. Make sure you composite the rain going in the correct direction based upon your shot. You're a machine Rory-Gotta give you props for jumping back into a new project.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for the stuff you were going to send me for compression. ;)

12. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I couldnt understand a word he said to yoda, or what yoda said back. Other wise cool.

13. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Yeah I'm gonna increase the volume and decrease the echo a little. That was an actual audio clip from the first part.So for those who saw the first one they may understand a little more than others who haven't seen it!

Thanks Jer I too noticed the rain direction I will fix it up...
    Oh, and I'm still waiting for the stuff you were going to send me for compression.
    I was gonna send it through my server but it's so big it just won't go!! PM me your home address again!

~Rory

14. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I saw the first one, I have the site in my bookmarks

15. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Neat.

I think I'll point out that the 180 degree line rule is broken... but only technically, I'm not really a proponent of it as a 100% rule to be followed... and in this instance it doesn't distract, but some people aren't forgiving at all when it comes to this.

and yes... Give us widescreen.

anyway, the rain is looking good, admirable it is that you are doing it.

I'd like to see what the lightning would look like being flashier, whiter... though what you have looks like a good start.

16. BojacRedleif

BojacRedleif Jedi Master star 3

Jun 1, 2004
    Rory you should do a teaser site for this one, or update solid roc.

17. Israel_Angell

Israel_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 31, 2004
  18. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Rory you should do a teaser site for this one, or update solid roc.
    yeah I know I already have the design done, but my brother is the webmaster and he's really busy right now with work so I am actually waiting for him to get together with me this weekend to do it...But you never know. It'll be up soon I promise!

19. RIPLEY426

Apr 28, 2003
    great Comment Israel_Angell! :)

Rory, I didn´t understand one word of what was spoken by Yoda and whatever... everything that was echoed.

The last shot where the Jedi (you) looks at the droid. To me it looks like you were standing inclined! As if the bluescreen wasn´t big enough or so...

Would be great to see a wide shot of this scenery. Like you being 1/8 part of the size of the image. (from above of course)

20. BojacRedleif

BojacRedleif Jedi Master star 3

Jun 1, 2004
    From the guy who brought you the Teaser Poster of Ryan vs Dorkman 1.5 it's

The Jedi Saga II Teaser Poster, I made

http://img47.exs.cx/img47/7397/TJS.jpg

21. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    AWW MAN that is soo wrong!!! LOL Funny !

The last shot where the Jedi (you) looks at the droid. To me it looks like you were standing inclined! As if the bluescreen wasn´t big enough or so...
    Well I wa standing in my tub! I haven't noticed the incline though. That's the problem with directors, they never notice their mistakes! I'll look at it again!
    ~Rory

22. RIPLEY426

Apr 28, 2003
    AWESOME!

A scene like that is done in a bathroom?`How great is that!?
    Whatever. Did you see what I mean?

23. Vigilante74

Vigilante74 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2004
    Hey Rory --

If I could just throw out my cheap two cents... I think others have mentioned these in one form or another..

...Violation of the 180 degree rule in several instances.
    ...That echo/reverb *really* needs to be taken out. I think if you just at a _hint_ of delay just to thicken up the dialogue, you'd be good. The echo really makes it hard to understand.
    ...Dialogue is really low and hard to understand.
    ...When the droid is told to go ahead, he starts moving off to the right but your eyes don't follow (although it looks like thats what you're attempting to do). You might be able to delay the droids departure by a half second or so just to bring your eyes more inline with him. And then, as you turn your head and look away, it'll match up better.
    ...Rain, rain, can't always fall the same way. Okay, my feeble attempt at poetry. :D Flip the layer and that should make the rain much less noticable - even tho once you flip it, the rain will be 180deg opposite where it should be at a slightly different angles since you're not reversing angles by 180deg. Still should not be as noticable.

Other than that, it looks good. Looking forward to seeing the whole shaaaaaabang!

24. ironhide

ironhide Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Rory,

With the amount of imput you have put into that GG thread they would be heartless not to share with you.

Especially the guy you have been hosting for.

I am looking forward to how the Dooku comes out, nice to see film makers taking input fromthe fans and using it :)

I was amazed at how much you had put together before actually letting ont hat you were making it.

Keep it up!

Adam

25. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    very cool. i wish it showed something more on the events in the sequel, rather than backtracking to the aftermath of the first movie. i guess you're saving that for the trailer. other than that, good job. i liked the rain too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.