main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the jtc temmple

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by master-of-les-pauls, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ominous

Ominous Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    Only fitting that my 1,700 post is here in the Temmple. Bacon is gender-confused!! Dude you're a dude! Not a puppy-coat wearing old hag!

I have to say that I love Halloween. Horror movies galore. Considering I must suffer through J-Lo movies with my wife, it's only fitting that she suffer through Dog Soldiers, Army of Darkness (I want an Ash icon), Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Fright Night, Scream; I could go on.

So in your opinion, what is your favorite horror movie? Worst one you have seen?

Nightmare on Elm Street is one of my favorites and Exorcist and The Thing

Lamest would be...Amityville Horror (old version) haven't seen the new version.

[face_pumpkin] [face_skull] [face_pumpkin] [face_skull]

2. Darth_-A0shi-

Darth_-A0shi- Jedi Master star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    Dude the Ring was tight, American Werewolf in London, End of Days, Stigmata, IT, Scream, and old horror movies like Dracula w/ Bela Luasgi, Wolfman w/ Lon Chaney Jr, and the Phantom of the Opera movies were good too.

3. Baby_Death_Star

Baby_Death_Star Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Hi all!

molp, why weren't you allowed to enter the "SW Trivia Contest" with Omi forming a JTC-team?

I'm just curious .. all those new rules and everything ... hmmm. [face_thinking]

4. Ominous

Jul 30, 2004
    Yes very interesting question BDS. We had to be part of some fanforce community.

American Werewolf in London was good, the Ring...eh. It was okay.

Anyone seen the Grudge? I was thinking of renting it, worthwhile?

5. Baby_Death_Star

Aug 12, 2004
    I haven't seen The Grudge, unfortunatelly ... it sure would be too ... scary for my nerves. :D

I'm not too much into horror, if I'll like to see horror, I'll watch a political discussion or historical documentary ... ;)

Btw, so the JWTFC/JTC/SDO with more than 1,100 pages combined doesn't qualify as a FanForceCommunity? Is there ANY community besides it?? :D

6. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    its happend then bacons finaly gone crazy!!!!

bds you had to be from afanforce section or something??? i dont get it either

i think there just worried cos we would have wiped the floor with em!

7. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Sorry to barge in, but just to clarify: the reason this thread wasn't allowed to enter a team into the trivia contest is because teams are limited to representing particular FanForce Cities alone. As this thread doesn't represent a FanForce City Chapter, they can't enter. Hopefully that clears up some confusion. :)

EDIT: See what MacCaffery wrote in the Titus thread. :)

8. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks, BoogieMan. But FanForce Chapters not only Cities.

And Baby_Death_Star, yes, there is a even bigger Coummuntiy then this three threads. And I am sad to see that most of you don't have the slightest idea what FanForce means...

9. Baby_Death_Star

Aug 12, 2004
    Hi Boogie, just posted at the JWTFC. What's a FF city??

Please clear things ups!

I still don't have a clue, we could join forces, molp! :D

"Brothers-without-clue" instead of "Brothers-in-Arms".

When I'm in England visiting you, then I'm allowed to participate in your team? That can't be true ... this is 19th, not 21st century!

EDIT: Thanks Boogie, for the info over there at the JWTFC!

10. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    bds i thought we wher brothers in arms anyway ! lol

of course anytime :)

11. Baby_Death_Star

Aug 12, 2004
    That's what I'm saying, buddie!!

Indeed in early December we have to meet in/around London or anywhere in Southern England.

Now it's not only for fun, it's our duty to establish a real-life-group! :)

Perhaps we can catch Darth_Mysterious in Liverpool on the way north to Naomi ... ;)

Like Kosh says in B5: "And so it starts ...!"

12. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    dam right bds dam right

13. RubberRonny

RubberRonny Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    How's everyone doing today? I'm preparing for 24 hours of work, starting tonight at midnight. I go into blockbuster for inventory from midnight to 6 in the morning. Then I go to my other job from 8 to 5, then I go back to blockbuster from 6 to midnight. I'm a relatively lazy person, so the odds that I might actually die from this are pretty good. But, I do not fear.......death.

So, anyways, I've had a copy of Episode III on DVD in widescreen since October 15th. Blockbuster gets some of its movies early. Let me be one of the first of the public to say, the deleted scenes are awesome.

The commentary is great as well. So are the featurettes, and the playable demo on X-box of Battlefront II. Pretty cool stuff.

14. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
  15. Baby_Death_Star

Aug 12, 2004
    Hi Anti!

I'm glad the deleted scenes deliver!! Yeah!

You've chosen the right day for your return.

16. ArgenPalos

ArgenPalos Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2004
    Hiya JTC'ers how everything going? Busy here, but hoping to stay close here, but it seems they don't want us!

And Baby_Death_Star, yes, there is a even bigger Coummuntiy then this three threads. And I am sad to see that most of you don't have the slightest idea what FanForce means...

Shall we committ self-flagellation because we're only the biggest thread on this board? FanForce - I know what it means, and now I must choose people who live in my area, rather than a good cross-section of Star Wars fans from around the world, who got to know eachother on this board?

I feel as though we should be kissing someone's ring?

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    FanForce is about meeting in person, not on the forums. We have a slew of other forums on tfn devoted to just chatting about SW and general stuff. To be a FanForce you must have real life meetings. That's just how it is and how it's always been, it's not going to change.

18. Baby_Death_Star

Aug 12, 2004
    Well, then, Jedi_Dajuan, I'm glad to inform you that there HAVE BEEN real-life meetings already (one involving myself), and there will be more in December (with JTC, UK branch).

Just wait for the pics! :)

19. ArgenPalos

Apr 23, 2004
    also, jedi dajuan - what's stopping from us saying we've all met eachother - we could even photoshop some pics and make it seem like we've met eachother!

The other big problem I have is why we were directed here in the first place, and now - much later, we're being told we're in the wrong place. As a sign of goodwill, couldn't we just be left here in peace? Can't their be a FF World. I think the UN would give their blessing.

20. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    You guys are really lost to the whole concept here. FanForce is about real life interaction first and foremost. Not chatting on the internet with your internet chums like what goes on here and in the other two threads. FanForce is a world-wide organization but is spilt into chapters all across the world, the internet is a mere tool each chapter get's to use as a perk of being affilited with TFN.

And what's to stop you from using Photoshop? Well me for one, I do that kind of stuff for a living and can see a fake a mile away. Two, our RSAs or Regional Support Administrators. They oversee the regional comings and goings of FanForce. They are our eyes and ears on the local level. They are also the ones that grant chapters Official stauts with the organization and create forums where there is need for them.

As others have stated the reason I can't let you compete in the Triva game is because this game is for Fan Force users only. You may post here in the FFC but you don't belong to a particular chapter or a fledgling chapter. Stop by your local FanForce forum and get to an event or two, then perhaps in the future you can take part.

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Both Mac and I talked to Sape, you were never directed here in the first place so I don't know where you are getting that story.

If you're having meetings then you should be in the city forum where you had the meetings. These are the rules as defined by the FF crew before me, these are the rules that will continue after me. No about of arguing will change that. You are not a FanForce, that's all there is to it. Several very distinct things have to happen for you to be considered a FanForce Chapter:
    1) Have three interested people from the same city/area post in the regional forum or PM the RSA of that region.
    2) The RSA creates a city forum for the group and they use that to plan and execute meetings.
    3) Conduct three meetings off the forums, in real life, with at least three members at each one. These meetings must be announced on the tfn main page as well.
    4) Elect a Chapter Rep to be the FF recognized leader of the club.

There is not real wiggle room in the process and you have not completed or started the process. Some of you are from citys that already have FanForce chapters, I encourage you to join those chapters. There cannot be two groups in the same city.

I'm not quite sure where these threads belong, but it's not FFC. JCC might be an option or SWC, but PM mods before you start the threads in any new forum. I am not giving you permission to post this thread in another forum.

22. Ominous

Jul 30, 2004
    So we can't join the game? That is fine. And we can stay here? That is fine too.

So then the fighting is over, the JTC, SDO and the JWTFT can stay?

23. ArgenPalos

Apr 23, 2004
    Ok - now one mod says:

You may post here in the FFC but you don't belong to a particular chapter or a fledgling chapter

Agreed with Ominous - that's fine - I wasn't looking to be in a game.

Another mod says:

I'm not quite sure where these threads belong, but it's not FFC.

Are you guys even in agreement what FF is? Which is it?

24. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm sorry if you are taking this the wrong way but I was talking presently you post here. Not that you have been given premission for these threads to continue. Also I am not a mod currently.

25. Ominous

Jul 30, 2004
    So the tensions are over. We can't join the game that is cool too.

At least we all live on here.

We were starting to feel like this guy:

[image=http://photobucket.com/albums/a52/HealthyFit/th_QuitComplainingAboutYourJ_3.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.