main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Keeper of Memories~ "Dear Diary chlg," (OCs, L/M ) ~*~ Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by divapilot, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_worried]

Poor Alida...she's had such a tormented life...but she had the strength to fight off her attacker - well done gal!

2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    MsLanna: Things like that are not supposed to happen! Loved the way she was taking care of herself, though.
    Alida won?t give up or give in. She?s a toughie. o_O Thank you!

Jade_eyes: Brave wonderful Alida, Bruno the tower of strength.
    Sometimes things happen that you don?t see coming. Your character is in how you handle the unexpected.O:) Thank you!

Jedi-2B: I thought it was going to be Bruno to the rescue, but Alida handled herself splendidly. Too bad she was injured, but apparently she gave as good as she got, since the jerk must've been unconscious by the time Bruno got inside.
    Exactly! She had luck on her side, but she was not going to just give in. She isn?t helpless.[face_beatup] Thanks!

Ginchy: Alida was excellent--she's not going to let some loser harm her. I'm just sad she had to go through that. And I'm glad Bruno was there to call for help.
    Alida has dealt with racism from others before, but never to the point where someone was using it as justification to hurt her. She stood her ground, and Bruno was there to get her the help she needed. [face_love]

Jedi Trace: EEEEEKKKK! on that last chapter. But a great action sequence.
    Thanks! I don?t think of myself as a strong action writer, so I really appreciate your comment![:D]

Bruno and Alida's reunion was perfect! Hesitant enough to acknowledge the mistakes and pain of the past but able to rebuild on the solid foundation they'd previously established.
    I hoped it would be ?real? ? it seems to me that they would both be concerned about getting burned again.[face_worried]

I'm worried for Alida's father.
    Her dad doesn?t want to upset her, and she is too preoccupied with Bruno to really notice what he is doing and saying. Thank you, and the pictures were great!:D

Jade_Pilot: Very vivid and scarey, girl! I like how you prefaced the update. Thank goodness Bruno was there and Alida is such a smart girl.
    Thank you! I think the preface was necessary, and I am glad you approved. Alida is a smart girl, not even freezing when there?s a knife at her. :eek:

Klimt_of_Tornesdal: I know how serious the situation is, but I couldn't help but [face_laugh] a little at this part.
    That?s okay, I wrote it for a little [face_laugh] ! She is a spitfire. And she isn?t taking any stupid chances. ;) Thanks so much!

JadeLotus: Poor Alida...she's had such a tormented life...but she had the strength to fight off her attacker - well done gal!
    She has had more than her share of challenges, but they have made her who she is. :) Thank you!

3. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Entry 29:

Most people would not be so concerned with the personal affairs of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade. However, I am not most people. I feel that my friendship with them has been something that I have anticipated all my life.

I have always felt a strong connection to the Jedi, and particularly to the Guardian, Aaylas?ecura. Of course, since the Guardian?s name has been broken since her death, I only learned of her courage and intelligence through the tales the old ones whispered in the darkness. I remember straining to hear the stories, amazed at what the Guardian accomplished. More than anything, I wanted to learn all about the Jedi.

But I grew up in Imperial days, and the official word was that the Jedi were terrorists who had done monstrous things. I never believed the lies. I knew in my heart that the Jedi were special people, people who were just and good. Never, in any of my dreams, did I ever think I would become a friend to someone like Luke.

I want to help him because I respect him so much. I admire what he represents: the honor and nobility that is a Jedi. Luke is unlike any person I have ever met. When I speak with him, I know that I am in the presence of someone who has powers I cannot imagine. He radiates it. I know of no other way to describe it. He carries a powerful presence so naturally and comfortably about him.

It may come as a surprise that I have experienced such a presence before. When I was attacked, in those strange hours where I slipped through unconsciousness, I felt the presence of a Jedi guide me.

The last thing I remembered clearly was Bruno?s agonized expression as he held me. He gently lay me down on the floor and came back with towels, pressing them against my side in a futile attempt to stop the relentless seeping of blood. As much as I tried to stay awake, I could not fight back the waves of weakness that rushed over me.

I was as if I was lost in a dream. I did not feel pain, only the strange feeling that I was watching the events unfolding to someone else. I randomly slid between consciousness and unconsciousness. At first, there were brief glimpses of things I could recognize: a man?s quick bark of directions. The hum of a speeder. Lights flashing.

Then the blackness came back. It was like the depth of a warm night, when the dark sky wraps around you like a blanket. Oddly, even though I knew I was badly hurt and I should feel afraid, I felt safe in that darkness.

The next thing I remember was feeling like I was floating. My body drifted as if I were weightless. I didn?t mind; it was soft and comforting, even. I thought about my father and Bruno. I almost could sense their anxiety, but from where I was, I felt at peace.

I saw a glowing blue brightness. A figure appeared in that brilliant light. I recognized her. She was gentle and kind. I wanted so much to stay with her, in that peaceful, glimmering blue existence, but the figure seemed adamant that I was to return to my world again.

Then blackness swept over me once more, and I felt heavy and solid again. I heard the distant clicks and hums of machinery. I was not sure where I was, but I was too tired to care.

After what seemed like a very long time later, I awoke in a medward. I felt very weak, but I struggled to raise myself up. My head hurt, and my side ached terribly. I raised my hand to feel the swollen bump over my left eye. It appeared that I was wearing a headwrap made out of the bandages. I could feel the outline of a bacta patch under the material. (Looking back, someone who understood Twi?leki customs must have thoughtfully made a headwrap for me. The mind is the seat of moral decision-making, and thus the source of a woman?s virtue. In Twi?lek society, a modest woman always wears a headwrap, even from her earliest days.)

Father sat beside me, gently stroking my hand. He looked older than I had ever seen him. Then Father closed his eyes and touched my face with the back of his hand. ?My child,? he whispered.

I was confused. Everything seemed foggy. ?What happe

4. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    :eek:
    I didn't realize it was that bad. She almost died!

I shook my head gingerly. ?No, Father. You did nothing wrong. You were ill and had no choice but to go home. It was another?s decision to do evil.?

She's so strong![face_love]

But my two angels were there beside me, both blaming themselves for the wicked actions of another.

I can just hope they stop before they drive Alida crazy with it. Though i can understand them. It must be really hard.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Alida feels loved, and everyone feels blessed to still have her. Now, they'll really appreciate their time together even more. :)

6. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_love] [face_love]

Love Alida and her two angels...so sweet.

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Have I ever mentioned that I love Alida's voice? The touch about the head-wrap was wonderful. I'm glad someone was there to do that for her.

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    *WHEW* I'm so relieved. Yes, I knew she would make it, but the tension was killing me. Wonderful update, Sister-pilot!

Bravo! =D=

9. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    Hey! It's been ages since I've been on the boards, so I'm pages and pages behind, but I plan on catching up at some point. You don't need to PM me, but I will try and review once I'm all caught up.

10. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Phew! It's a relief to know that Alida will be fine once those bacta patches have done their job! :)

That was an extremely intriguing dream Alida had while she was unconscious. I wonder how it'll figure in the rest of the story... Great hook there, divapilot! :D

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Loved the part about her connection to the Jedi and to Aayla. @};-

She is so strong and so lucky to have her angels! [face_love]

[:D]

12. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Oh, diva... :eek:. Two outstanding chapters. The first was shocking at the horrible events that happened to Alida and then the next just touched my heart with Bruno and Alida's father. You captured such a range of emotions and still have me totally drawn in.

You're a magician with words! Excellent! =D=

13. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Most people would not be so concerned with the personal affairs of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade.

She doesn't know us, does us? LOL

So glad to see her pull through, with the help of her 'Guardian Jedi' and Bruno and her father. Wonderful chapter.

14. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    MsLanna: I didn't realize it was that bad. She almost died!
    If Alida can come through that, she can handle anything. It has made her even stronger. Thank you!

Jade_Eyes: Alida feels loved, and everyone feels blessed to still have her. Now, they'll really appreciate their time together even more.
    True! Thank you! Perhaps someone will realize how close he came to losing her, and decide not to ever let her out of his arms again.

JadeLotus: Love Alida and her two angels...so sweet.
    Alida has a way of finding hope in the most miserable situations. Thank you!

Ginchy: Have I ever mentioned that I love Alida's voice? The touch about the head-wrap was wonderful.
    Thank you! I?m glad you liked the details.

Jade_Pilot: Yes, I knew she would make it, but the tension was killing me. Wonderful update, Sister-pilot!
    Thank you! She has gone through a lot to become who she is.

DancesWithBlasters: Hey! It's been ages since I've been on the boards, so I'm pages and pages behind, but I plan on catching up at some point.
    Hey! Welcome back! Thanks for taking the time to read up. I appreciate it!

Valiowk: That was an extremely intriguing dream Alida had while she was unconscious. I wonder how it'll figure in the rest of the story... Great hook there, divapilot!
    Thank you! She feels very connected to Luke, because she is very connected to Aayla. I?m glad you liked this.

Jedi Trace: Loved the part about her connection to the Jedi and to Aayla. She is so strong and so lucky to have her angels!
    Thank you! She depends on her boys, and they love her right back.

MirandaFair: Two outstanding chapters. The first was shocking at the horrible events that happened to Alida and then the next just touched my heart with Bruno and Alida's father.
    Thank you! It was a pivotal chapter for our characters.

Jedi-2B: So glad to see her pull through, with the help of her 'Guardian Jedi' and Bruno and her father.
    Thank you very much! She has wonderful supportive people, and she loves them for it.

15. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Entry 30:

My Bruno tells me that Han Solo and Luke Skywalker were visiting this afternoon. I had seen them come in and settle in the bar, but I was very busy with my guests and I could not come over and talk with them.

Bruno tells me that Han did his best to encourage Luke to resolve the rift he has in his relationship with Mara. I have seen many holos of the Solos, and their marriage seems to be one of genuine respect and love. They seem so adapted to each other. I am glad that Luke has a wise and honest friend like his brother-in-law.

The Solos have been married for about as long as Bruno and I have been. It is such a complex, demanding job, being married. So much time is spent simply trying to find a way to coordinate your two separate lives into one, without losing the unique qualities of each person. When I see Leia and Han Solo together, they seem to have accomplished that trick.

Luke left the restaurant committed to the task of making things right with Mara before she leaves on her mission. I have decided that Luke is stubborn and that Mara is worse than stubborn. But this action on Luke?s part is encouraging. He is bending. He is willing to be the first to lay down his words and let her come back into their life together. I hope that Mara will do the same. She seemed receptive to it.

I wonder why two people who have the ability to read emotions in others fail to see the emotions in themselves? Why doesn?t Luke see his defensiveness and why doesn?t Mara see her obstinacy? There must be something that can open a gateway between them. More than anyone else in the galaxy, these two ought to be able to completely understand each other.

Bruno tells me that he will never truly understand me. He says I am a mystery to him. But I am not mysterious. I am not complicated. All I want in life is simple. I want to have a place to call home and a man to share it with. I have achieved all I need. Bruno tells me that he will never leave me until the towers of Coruscant crumble. How could I ever want anything else? His love is enough for me. He is a part of everything I do.

Bruno began to become a permanent part of my life when I was released from the medward, about a week after the robbery. I was still very sore, and I walked very fragilely, but I was up and ready to go home.

We rode back to the restaurant in Bruno?s airspeeder. Father had gone back to work, doing his shifts and mine until I could come back. I was eager to get back to my restaurant and to my family. When we arrived, Bruno slid the airspeeder into the docking slot just underneath the apartment and then he came around to help me out.

I had to lean on him for support. I was tired, but I was determined. He led me in through the side entrance, so as to avoid having to go through the bar. Bruno explained that he did not want to upset me.

?I am not upset. I just want to see the damage to my restaurant,? I told him.

Bruno sighed, then we walked into the bar. It was mid-afternoon, and some patrons were sitting there already. Our second bartender, Tellia, was working. She came over and gently hugged me. I thanked her, then I motioned for Bruno to continue.

He held my waist for support as I slowly walked over to the place where I had lain, injured, just a week or so previous. The carpet had been replaced so well that there was only the slightest indication of a seam to show where the bloodied section had been removed.

?Are you all right?? Bruno asked.

?This is my home. I am pleased with the repair. There are no traumatic memories here,? I said.

We went around the corner and into the main dining room. I was overwhelmed by what I saw. Dozens of flowers and colorful gifts decorated the room.

I stood there, open-mouthed. ?They?re all for you,? Bruno said quietly. ?As soon as people heard you were in the medwards, they started sending things. You got at least fifty messages wishing you a quick recovery.? He smiled and turned to me. ?You must be popular. People care about you.?

I stared at all the beautiful gifts. Ther

16. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I think this chapter warrants a SQUEEEEE! :D [:D]

Great work in contrasting the present to the past in this, diva. I loved the line about Luke being stubborn and Mara being even more stubborn. It's so true! Alida is very insightful and that's a quality that makes her so enjoyable. She's very real and observant of others. I know Bruno had deep, deep feelings for Alida before the attack on her was made. But it seems that the trauma she experienced made him realize further how he can't live without her (and vice versa). I hope nothing like that happens to bring Luke and Mara together.

But that aside... the two lovebirds are engaged. What a fulfilling moment. [:D] [face_dancing]

17. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Yay! A wedding!
    [face_dancing][face_love][face_dancing]

18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    LOL, it must be hard to be married to a psychologist. I loved it when he told her she was deflecting.

This is an excellent update. You get inside all the characters heads so well... and...

squeeee!!!! [face_love] [face_love] Love the proposal and can't wait for the wedding!

Love it, lady. [:D]

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ali's amazing. Her assurance to Bruno that she was fine are what most say even when they're not, but she really sems to have come out of her ordeal without emotional harm. :) His concern and support are touching. But the scene in the park.... it definitely, absolutely deserves a SQUEEEEE!!! [face_dancing]

20. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    [face_love] [face_love] Love it, love it, love it!!! [face_love] [face_love]

Just wonderful! I'm slinking into a big puddle of goo, Sister-pilot!

Bravo! =D=

21. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
  22. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Amazing update, divapilot! It really made me laugh and smile a lot. :)

It is such a complex, demanding job, being married. So much time is spent simply trying to find a way to coordinate your two separate lives into one, without losing the unique qualities of each person.

As usual, you manage to infuse many words of wisdom into your posts. This is such an astute and accurate observation!

I have decided that Luke is stubborn and that Mara is worse than stubborn.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]!

I stared at all the beautiful gifts. There were bouquets of flowers, tidy red wishboxes, Ithorian writing tablets ? presents from every culture. Although I had not wanted to make a fuss when I returned, I had to raise my hand to my mouth to keep myself from trembling. All these gifts. All these indications of how much I had been missed.

Alida definitely deserves those gifts--she's so attentive to her customers and gives them such good advice!

My heart skipped and my mouth went dry. I took his hand in mine. Finally I found my voice. ?Yes,? I whispered. ?I will be your wife.? I looked up at him, and he smiled broadly. Then he brought both hands to my face, tracing my features as if memorizing them, then he slid his hands behind my back and head. He bent his head and I turned my face to his, and we kissed; deeply, urgently, and passionately.

Hehe. :D I'm looking forward to their wedding! [face_love]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Aw, gotta hug the girl. She never realized how much she menas to those around her. And the boy with his picutre. *sigh.

And she and Bruno are engaged![face_dancing]
    Can't wait to see what you write up for the wedding.:D

24. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I had no doubt that Alida will recover fully. She's a strong, sensible woman. But I'm still worried about her father, especially when he was working double shifts. His showing her more about running the restaurant has a sad foreboding.

Alida sure has Luke and Mara pegged -- Stubborn and Stubborner [face_laugh]

Great chapter!

25. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    MirandaFair: I loved the line about Luke being stubborn and Mara being even more stubborn. It's so true!
    Yes, it is. Luke is very stubborn, but no one notices because Mara is ridiculously stubborn. [face_laugh]

I know Bruno had deep, deep feelings for Alida before the attack on her was made. But it seems that the trauma she experienced made him realize further how he can't live without her (and vice versa).
    Yes, he has loved her from the start. Her injury made him realize that they shouldn?t spend one more moment apart. [face_love]

the two lovebirds are engaged. What a fulfilling moment.
    There is a wedding in the works! :* Thank you very much!

BlueMilkshake: Yay! A wedding!
    But there are still some issues to handle before they say ?I do.?;) Thank you!

Ginchy: This is an excellent update. You get inside all the characters heads so well.
    Thank you! I try to make each character independent. Hope it?s working!:D

Love the proposal and can't wait for the wedding!
    Thank you! Bruno?s a romantic, isn?t he? The wedding is a little ways off, yet.[face_batting]

Jade_Eyes: Her assurance to Bruno that she was fine are what most say even when they're not, but she really seems to have come out of her ordeal without emotional harm.
    She isn?t taking the attack personally. Her culture?s attitude toward physical relations makes it clear to her that Tek?s attempted assault was completely his fault. Consequently, there are no issues for her to resolve.:)

But the scene in the park.... it definitely, absolutely deserves a SQUEEEEE!!!
    Thank you! Glad you liked it.[:D]

Jade_Pilot: I'm slinking into a big puddle of goo, Sister-pilot!
    Aw, thanks! Glad it was romantic![face_love]

JadeLotus: Thank you! I?m glad you liked it!:)

Valiowk: It really made me laugh and smile a lot. As usual, you manage to infuse many words of wisdom into your posts.
    Thanks! Alida and I have been around long enough to have had some time to reflect on marriage and relationships. :)

I'm looking forward to their wedding!
    Thank you! I hope it will be up to your expectations.:D

MsLanna: She never realized how much she menas to those around her.
    Most kind hearted people don?t. They don?t understand how much they add to everyone else?s life.[:D]

And she and Bruno are engaged! Can't wait to see what you write up for the wedding.
    Thank you! The wedding is still a few posts off, and there are still some issues to take care of. ;)

Jedi-2B: I had no doubt that Alida will recover fully. She's a strong, sensible woman. But I'm still worried about her father, especially when he was working double shifts. His showing her more about running the restaurant has a sad foreboding.
    Thank you! You are a careful reader ? Alida?s father is giving her more responsibility. Alida is ready for the challenge, especially with Bruno beside her. :D

Alida sure has Luke and Mara pegged -- Stubborn and Stubborner
    She just wants them to be happy.[face_love] Thank you for your reply!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.