main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Keeper of Memories~ "Dear Diary chlg," (OCs, L/M ) ~*~ Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by divapilot, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Don't look at me. I'm a little warm-fuzzied and misty here...

[face_blush]

2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Jedi Trace: Thank you! Glad you liked the mush!

Entry 31.

Last week, Bruno told me that Luke was in the bar the other night, composing a love letter for Mara. Bruno is a skillful writer, and when we were courting, he wrote me wonderful love poems. In fact, one of his love poems is framed on our bedroom wall ? it is the one he left in the doorway of the restaurant when I had left for Ryloth to go marry Bontran. How grateful I am that I did not follow through with that decision!

I hope that Bruno was able to help Luke out. As I thought about what the two men might have said, I began to wonder if Bruno had given Luke accurate advice. It seems that even two men working together still might not understand what a woman wants. I felt an urge to add my own ideas, from a feminine point of view.

For a long time, I sat in front of the comm and wavered about whether or not I should contact Luke. I wanted him to have the best advice. But on the other hand, Bruno always tells me not to get involved in other people?s affairs. It is hard to know when to be assertive, and when to hold back.

Finally I decided that if I shared my thoughts with Luke, he would be smart enough to decide for himself if he wanted to use my advice or to put it aside. I looked up his comm code and entered it.

Luke was surprised to see me. ?Alida, how can I help you?? he asked. I could see behind him, and it looked as if he was preparing for a trip of some kind.

He must have seen my expression. ?I?m going out tomorrow for a while. You just caught me in time,? he said. He rubbed his neck wearily.

?I won?t keep you,? I promised. ?I wanted to tell you something before you left, in case you haven?t spoken to Mara yet.?

His eyebrows lifted in surprise. ?Actually, I haven?t, so your timing is good. What did you want to tell me??

?I know this is probably none of my concern,? I said, ?but I just wanted to let you know that whatever Bruno gave you for advice, I would like to add one more thing. When it comes to women, you must know this: a woman wants more than anything else to be respected. Allow her to speak her own mind to you, and when she does, you should listen, without judgment, to what she has to say. Even if you disagree. You can explain your side of the argument later. A woman needs to know that her opinion matters to you.?

Luke considered this. ?That makes sense,? he said finally. A chime sounded softly in the background, and Luke looked away quickly. Then he turned back to the comm and said, ?Between you and Bruno, I think I have what I need. Thank you, Alida. I?m lucky to have friends like you.?

?Goodbye, Luke,? I said warmly. ?Have a safe voyage.?

He smiled, and I knew what Mara had fallen in love with. His smile was brilliant. ?Thanks. I?ll contact you when I get back.?

Then the screen went blank. I sat there for a while, wondering if what I said made any sense to him. I knew it made sense to me. Bruno had always treated me with intelligence and respect. Those were the qualities that made it clear to me that he loved me more than anyone else ever could.

It was why I agreed to marry him.

After we made our promise to marry in the park that morning, Bruno and I came back to the restaurant. I remember that Father had champagne waiting for us. Even though it was still early in the morning, we toasted to the engagement. Father embraced Bruno, and, as I watched the two men who meant the most to me, I could not imagine being happier. Then we put the celebration away and went through our busy day. But all that day it was as if I were floating. I stole glances and kisses with Bruno at every opportunity.

We had some decisions to make. Would we marry in a Twi?lek ceremony, in accordance with the traditions of my clan? Would we adopt the human rituals of Bruno?s people, and if so, would the ceremony be on Coruscant or on his homeworld of Fondor? Bruno was very agreeable. He said as long as he got me in the end, he didn?t care what words he had to say. Eventually we decided that we would honor my heri

3. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, looks like my bad feeling about Alida's father is warranted.

I'm glad that Bruno's family accepted Alida so lovingly. I was afraid you'd throw some hydrospanner into the works and have them be prejudiced toward her. But Bruno is such a dear, that his family has to be great.

Wonderful chapter!

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I liked Alida's and Luke's conversation. And how she liked his smile. hee!

Bruno's family was perfect and I love how accepting they are of Alida! But now her dad is in the medward! :( Alida won't take to medward food, I bet. I can just see her shooing off the meddroids with food trays and bringing in her own entrees for him! [face_laugh]

5. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Oh NO!!!! I love Alida's father... I hope he'll be all right!

LOL Moment: Bruno quickly interrupted. ?Yes, I am a lucky guy. I don?t deserve her. Never will. Kellian, sit down and eat with us?

Well done Sister Pilot! =D=

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I fell in love with Bruno's family. I was on cloud nine because of their sweetness and warmth. I was struck very strongly with how different they were from Bontran's family. Then... this: Hanna took a deep breath and continued. ?It?s your father. He?s in the medwards.?

:_| Foot, that hurts!!! [face_worried]

7. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    A worrying end... It seems the news of Alida's father is some of the worst.

Alida is a strong lady. I'm just happy and relieved she has Bruno by her side.

Things that really made an impact on me were Alida meeting Bruno's family...I loved that! As well as this:

He smiled, and I knew what Mara had fallen in love with. His smile was brilliant.

The smile is priceless and the blue eyes... He sure knows how to melt a heart.[face_love]

Wonderful work, diva! @};-

8. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    ?Momma! Papa!? Gia called. ?Look! I got Alida! Isn?t she pretty??
    [face_laugh][:D]
    The Maritin family sounds absolutely lovely!

[face_worried]I hope Papa will be okay until Alida and Bruno get back home.:_|

9. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Wonderful how Bruno's family takes her in. :D
    The important thing is that they make each other happy, and that's ic ertainly the case. I'm a biut worried about Alida's clan, though.
    I like how you keep mentioning the bodylanguage of the Lekku, I don't think many humans can even read it.

I reached over and put my arms around him, leaning my chin on his shoulder. ?Are you pleased to be home again?? I asked. My lekku began to gently twist around his arms.

Bruno twisted around and kissed me. ?I?m pleased to be anywhere you are,? he said.

Squee![face_love]

Hanna took a deep breath and continued. ?It?s your father. He?s in the medwards.?

So it was not the Empire her father was alluding to. So sad. I hope he at least makes it until the marriage. Would be sad if he missed it. Even if he can be sure Bruno will take care of her.

At least, there won't be time for Alida's clan to be mean to Bruno now.[face_plain]

10. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I'm definitely hoping that Alida's father will be able to witness her wedding. I'm sure that it's his greatest wish to see Alida and Bruno married, even if he knows Bruno will take good care of her.

*waits tensely* [face_worried]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    An older human couple waited at the end of the exit corridor. When they saw Gia dragging me along, they started to walk toward us. ?Momma! Papa!? Gia called. ?Look! I got Alida! Isn?t she pretty??

"I got Alida!" How adorable is that?? Bruno's family is awesome! [face_love]

But her father....ack! [face_worried]

@};-

12. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Jedi-2B: I'm glad that Bruno's family accepted Alida so lovingly. I was afraid you'd throw some hydrospanner into the works and have them be prejudiced toward her. But Bruno is such a dear, that his family has to be great.

Are you peeking at my outline??? You predicted Tavord?s illness perfectly.;) Bruno?s family is sweet, but that?s where he gets it from.[face_love] I?m glad that you liked this.

Ginchy: I liked Alida's and Luke's conversation. And how she liked his smile. hee! Bruno's family was perfect and I love how accepting they are of Alida!
    Thanks! Glad you like. Yeah, Luke?s smile would win any girl over, regardless of species.:*

I can just see her shooing off the meddroids with food trays and bringing in her own entrees for him!
    Plot idea ? scurries off to add in detail.[face_laugh] That would be our girl, taking over and fussing over her men.

Jade_Pilot: I love Alida's father... I hope he'll be all right!
    Thank you, JP! Alida?s dad is ? well, you?ll see. Mwa ha ha! Yes, Alida has to learn a little about her honesty with Bruno?s family. She tends a bit toward TMI?[face_blush]

Jade_Eyes: I fell in love with Bruno's family. I was struck very strongly with how different they were from Bontran's family.
    True ? they love her because Bruno does.[face_love] Bontran?s family saw her as an economic transaction between clans.[face_shame_on_you] And yes, the stress has finally gotten to Alida?s father. Hospital update soon. Thank you very much for your kind reply!

MirandaFair: A worrying end
    Alida?s dad has been living on borrowed time. He can?t keep up this pace indefinitely.[face_worried]

Alida is a strong lady. I'm just happy and relieved she has Bruno by her side.
    Things that really made an impact on me were Alida meeting Bruno's family...I loved that!

Thank you! Alida and Bruno are really a team at this point, which is as it should be for people in love. [face_love]

The smile is priceless and the blue eyes... He sure knows how to melt a heart.
    Luke is a heartbreaker, that?s for sure. :*
    Thank you so much for your replies!

BlueMilkshake: The Maritin family sounds absolutely lovely!
    Mamma and Papa Maritin are really good hearted people, the brother is your typical sweet noodge, and Gia ? well, Gia is a hoot to write. She?s got an opinion on everything.[face_laugh]

I hope Papa will be okay until Alida and Bruno get back home.!
    Papa Navarth is stable for now, but Alida and Bruno need to get home soon.[face_worried]
    Thank you for the reply!

MsLanna: Wonderful how Bruno's family takes her in. The important thing is that they make each other happy
    Bruno?s family was loving and accepting, but even if the family rejected her, Bruno wouldn?t. They will be there for each other no matter what.[:D]
    I like how you keep mentioning the bodylanguage of the Lekku, I don't think many humans can even read it.
    That?s true. It?s a part of Twi?lek speech, and Twi?leks can actually communicate completely through the movement of the lekku. At this point, Bruno has spent enough time with her that he can get the gist of what she is saying through her lekku.

I hope he at least makes it until the marriage. Would be sad if he missed it.
    Tavord has set up legal documents to make sure that Alida?s marriage to Bruno would not be contested. He was thinking ahead, just in case. O:)

At least, there won't be time for Alida's clan to be mean to Bruno now.
    [face_whistling]
    Thanks for the reply, MsLanna!

Valiowk: I'm definitely hoping that Alida's father will be able to witness her wedding. I'm sure that it's his greatest wish to see Alida and Bruno married
    Tavord wants his daughter to be safe and happy. Bruno can give her both, and that?s all her dad wants. [:D] Thank you for reading and replying.

Jedi Trace
    : Bruno's family is

13. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Entry 32:

I listened to the rest of Hanna?s message with trepidation. Bruno stood behind me, his hand on my shoulder. Hanna informed me that Father had had a heart attack. He was in the medwards, but he was recovering and would be home in a few days. My lekku twisted and curled in guilt. He had been pushing himself so much lately, and the added stress of my own hospitalization had not helped.

?Don?t think that,? Bruno said quietly, interpreting my expression and the subtleties of my lekku. ?Don?t blame yourself. It isn?t anyone?s fault.? He squeezed my shoulder in support.

I turned to him when the transmission ended. ?We have to complete the engagement trip,? I said. ?Without the contracts that permit it, we won?t be able to hold a wedding in the temple at the Embassy of Ryloth.?

Bruno nodded. ?I?ll tell my parents that we have to leave tomorrow. You contact your father and tell him we are on our way to Coruscant. As soon as we get back from Navarth, we?ll go home.?

I put my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder. ?I?m so sorry that you can?t visit longer with your parents,? I said.

He kissed the top of my head. ?They will understand,? he assured me.

Bruno was right. His parents insisted that, given the circumstances, it was necessary to cut our visit short and let us go back to Coruscant to take care of Father. The next morning they came to the transport terminal and saw us off, with a promise that we will meet again soon.

We spent another day traveling to Ryloth. During that time, I helped Bruno prepare to meet my clan, and we spent hours going over the details of the traditions and rituals that such a petition requires. If Bruno was to take on the name of Clan Navarth, then he had to meet all their expectations. I was so proud of him. Bruno was ready to give up his livelihood on Coruscant and his own name and family to become a member of my clan. He even indicated that he would file his teeth in accordance with the male right of passage, if that would make him more acceptable.

I had told my mother and the rest of the Navarth clan about Bruno, carefully broaching the subject that he was not a Twi?lek. In my communications I had recounted his heroism, his intelligence, his loyalty and most of all, his deep love for me. How could they not love him, too?

I had not seen my family and homeworld since Tisa?s wedding, and I yearned to reunite with them, this time with the person who meant as much to me as they did. I imagined that they would be curious about him at first, but soon he would be welcomed into our family home. My sister and I would clasp each other in excitement and laugh over the wedding plans, and my mother would embrace him as her new son.

Things went badly at the very start, but at the time I did not want to see the omens. The Emperor?s well-known repulsion toward non-human species had hit Ryloth hard. Consequently, in these first few years of the New Republic, Ryloth seethed with repressed anger and resentment toward humans. It seemed, unfortunately, from the moment we landed, Bruno was the target of every Twi?lek who had ever suffered at the hand of a human. By the time we reached my home city, Navarth, Bruno and I were ready for a welcoming family home.

As our speeder approached the complex of low buildings that made up our family clan home, I could sense Bruno?s anxiety increasing. He wanted so much to make a good impression. He wore the gown and hooded cloak that marked traditional male Twi?lek clothing, in the hope that it would make him more presentable to my family

When we arrived at the door, my uncle Dabbonar?navarth, my father?s elder brother, was waiting for us. Dabbonar was the type of person who could see clouds on the clearest day. Very little suited his unrealistically high standards. Even though my parents were no longer living together, Dabbonar still lorded over my mother and the rest of our family, insisting on the archaic traditions that made him, as the eldest male, the Navarth family leader. His decisions, and his alone, were l

14. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Oh my land! What a heart wrenching development! :_| I was crying by the end of this update, Sister-pilot. My heart just pounded when her uncle grabbed her arm.

I loved that last part: ?Then you can have mine,? he said. ?My name is your name. Your home is with me.?

Bruno is extraordinary! [face_love]

Bravo! =D=

15. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh my gosh, lady! Wow. What a gut-wrenching, moving post. How tough for Alida... to be cast out from her clan and home... but to have Bruno there, offering his name, his home, himself... Wow, just wow. I can't get enough of this story... Wonderful!! =D=

16. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Bless dear Bruno. And to Alida: You're better off without the clan. ;) I think Alida Maritin sounds perfect. They don't know what they'll be missing in her. I'm glad someone who sees all the wonderful things in Alida will be by her side and appreciate her. Wonderful, diva lady!

=D= :)

17. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Poor Alida!

18. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    So heartwrenching for Alida, and I feel sorry for her mother, too. Though I can't bring myself to be sorry that Alida is away from her uncle and all that prejudiced clan business. And I'm downright glad that Bruno doesn't have to file his teeth now. :p

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Smokingly fine update, as always. :D

Besides Ali, I feel terrible for her mom and her sister. They will miss her dreadfully.

Bruno's a darling. Every woman on planet Earth should be so lucky!!!!! :* :* :* :*

HUGS!!!!

20. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    :_|
    I pulled myself up and wrapped my arms around his neck. He raised his arms so that the back of his hands brushed against the length of my lekku, coming to rest gently framing my face. ?I?ve been so worried about you, Ali,? he said. His eyes were wet.
    I closed my eyes tightly. ?I have no name anymore,? I said raggedly. ?I have no home.? Without a name, I was nothing. I felt as if part of me had died.
    ?Then you can have mine,? he said. ?My name is your name. Your home is with me.?

Whoa! It took everything I had not to burst into tears here at my desk. Your writing is so strong, emotional and beautiful!

21. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Aw, to think that her own falily is so mean to her. :_|
    Why did I see that coming? :_|
    But Bruno is so sweet.[face_love]
    Not opnly can he read the lekku *is impressed*

â??Then you can have mine,â?? he said. â??My name is your name. Your home is with me.â??

:_|[face_love]:_|
    Alida is one lucky girl!

22. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Great entry into the challenge! I love Alida and Bruno. Luke and Mara aren't bad either ;) Keep up the good work!!!

Phoenix

23. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Poor Alida and her mother; it's really hard on them to be forced apart by a stubborn clan father. Hopefully they'll still have a chance to talk to each other after this...

I love the way you bring out the emotions of your characters so well. Well done, divapilot! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    :eek:

:mad:

:_|

ACK - poor Alida! This was a fantastic chapter, diva! I'm just blown away. [:D] Lots of issues and thick emotions and action...all perfectly balanced and portrayed.

And just when I think I can't possibly love Bruno any more:

I closed my eyes tightly. ?I have no name anymore,? I said raggedly. ?I have no home.? Without a name, I was nothing. I felt as if part of me had died.

?Then you can have mine,? he said. ?My name is your name. Your home is with me.?

[face_love] [:D] @};-

25. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    awwww poor Alidia!!

grumbles and growls at Dannobar. . .

but then we knew that they were very traditional and probalby less likely to be happy about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.