main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Keeper of Memories~ "Dear Diary chlg," (OCs, L/M ) ~*~ Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by divapilot, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    ?I bet that girl?s a real little firecracker. Wonder if she?d be interested in spending the night on the town with me??

I waited.

Sure enough, the bar got very quiet. I peeked around the corner, where I knew I could see them but they would not see me. The tourist?s cocky grin faded as Bruno slowly approached. Then Bruno put his hands flat on the bar, his arm muscles bulging. He spoke in a low, deliberate tone. ?That ?firecracker? is my wife,? he said.

The tourist fumbled with his drink. ?Sorry, buddy,? he said, gulping. ?I -- I didn?t know--?

Bruno leaned in and the man shrank. ?Get out. No one disrespects my wife,? Bruno growled.

That was totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what a great plot twist at the end there.

I don't want the year to end! Please let there be more Alida & Bruno in 2008.[face_praying]

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Sorry I'm late, lady! I read this a few days ago, but have been down for the count. Stupid flu!

I'm sooo happy L/M are back and together and happy and mushy and... well, you know. [face_love] And Bruno is the best.man.ever! He's such a wonderful husband and match for Alida.

But... oh, my. The had to hire Alida's ex to help them keep Alida's? [face_worried] Yup, I was right. Bruno is the best.man.ever! [face_laugh]

3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Jade_eyes: Thank you! Glad you approve! Yes, Mara?s news is squee-worthy. Alida can read between the lines and she knows what Mara means. And Alida trusts her man enough to know he will do what?s right for both of them. :*

Jade_Pilot: Thanks! Didn?t see that one coming, huh? Bontran is a decent guy. It?s Bruno who has to get over the discomfort of knowing that Bontran and Alida had a relationship. But Alida only loves Bruno. And yes, it?s redemption time.:cool:

Only two more posts after this. Writing these diaries has been a real adventure, huh, Sister-Pilot?:D

MsLanna: Thank you! Yes, only the best to celebrate such good news for Luke and Mara. [face_love]
    And hiring Bontran might hurt Bruno, but it's a good choice. if the Twi'Lek see that the man she didn't marry still helps her, it might help Alida?s case and hopefully throw some doubt on Dabbonar.
    Exactly! Bontran is smart. He has Dabbonar?s number and he isn?t falling for the ?I?m only doing this for the good of the clan? line that Dabbonar?s been using. [face_shame_on_you]

Jedi-2B: Thank you! Yes, finally, the real story is told![face_dancing] LOL

Valiowk: Thanks! Bontran is their best choice for a lawyer. The fact that he once had a relationship with Bruno?s wife makes things? interesting.[face_blush]

Jedi Trace: Thank you very much, Trace. Glad you liked the chapters. I?m partial myself to the way Jarron snuck the picture of the baby to Alida. It speaks volumes about Jarron?s character. And Bruno loves Alida so much he will do anything for her. Wouldn?t it be wonderful to have a man defend your honor like that? [face_love]

Blue_Milkshake: Thank you! Glad you liked it. :)

I don't want the year to end! Please let there be more Alida & Bruno in 2008.

Funny you should mention that. MMM is on December 17.[face_whistling]

Ginchy: Glad you?re back and not sick anymore, Ginchy. Thanks for replying! :D
    Bruno is the best.man.ever!

Ah, if only he were real?sigh.[face_laugh]

4. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Entry 38.

Mara?s message to me was unexpected, but I was thrilled to hear from her. Her request to have a special night prepared thrilled me even more. Of course, it was possible that the only reason why Luke and Mara wanted to come to Alida?s was to celebrate a successful mission. However, I could tell from Mara?s mannerisms and the glow in her eyes that this was a romantic evening.

I wanted everything for their dinner to be perfect, so I stayed up late in bed, going through my recipe files. Bruno finally rolled over to look at me and told me to put the datapad away. ?Go to sleep, Ali. You can?t cook it tonight anyway. Look it up in the morning,? he said.

?It is important! You forget how precious those first fires of love are,? I said. I slapped his arm teasingly. ?Now you are a grumpy old man. Luke and Mara are just beginning. They should have the very--?

Suddenly he sat up in bed, leaned over, and covered my mouth with a kiss. I melted against the pillow and the datapad slipped onto the floor. I reached up and wrapped my hands against the back of his head and neck. Bruno released me, and I looked up at him, breathless. My lekku curled and uncurled, then twisted along his arm.

?Old man? Forget?? he laughed. He winked his eye. ?I still remember a thing or two.? He moved closer to place his hands on my hips, and he kissed me again, this time more slowly and intensely. As I soon found out, it turned out he remembered quite well after all.

The next morning I was in a very good mood. I decided to devote some time toward decorating the private room. I ordered Alderaanian roses and set up some flickerflame glasses along the edges of the room. With the white linens, the pink roses, and the ruby flickerflames, the mood should be perfect. I felt truly blessed to be able to provide this for our friends.

It occurred to me again how lucky I was to have this restaurant. We came very close to losing it, due to my uncle Dabbonar?s devious interference. We had to go all the way to court to fight to keep the very restaurant that bore my name.

I had never been in a courtroom before, so I was a bit taken aback at how ordinary it looked. There was a long table, some chairs, a couple of desks, and a scattering of computers. Bruno and I, and our lawyer (and my former fiancé) Bontran?parrul, took our places and pulled in our chairs. Across the table from us, my uncle?s representatives from the law firm began to settle in.

We waited a few moments, then a somber looking human woman entered the room. She was dressed in business attire, and her black hair was pulled back severely in a no-nonsense bun. I felt a little self-conscious and tugged at the low-cut halter that I was wearing.

The lady sat at the head of the table. She took a file and a datacard, then eyed us cooly. She slid the datacard into her datapad and began recording. ?Case number 349-B17, the civil matter of Dabbonar?navarth of Ryloth versus Bruno and Alida Maritin, is called to order. I am Counselor Torra Kor, and I am presiding over this dispute. ? She looked over at Dabbonar?s attorneys. ?I assume you represent the plaintiff?? she asked.

The male lawyer folded his hands and leaned forward. ?Yes, ma?am. My name is Hal Fortham, from the law firm of Jinga su-Ryloth. We specialize in claims that originate outside of Coruscant.?

Counselor Kor nodded, then turned to our side of the table. ?And you represent Mr. and Mrs. Maritin?? she asked Bontran.

Bontran bowed. ?Yes, ma?am. My name is Bontran?parrul. I am an independent lawyer, currently attached to the Embassy of Ryloth.?

Counselor Kor?s dark eyebrow rose. ?An independent lawyer? How did you come to be involved in this case?? she asked.

?I am a friend of the defendants, ma?am. As you surely already know, I have significant mediation experience. I am fully licensed and qualified.?

?Very well,? she said. ?Let us proceed.? Counselor Kor pressed a key on her datapad, and the specifics of the case appeared on the datapads in front of us.

Attorney Fortham began his presentation. ?

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    SQUEE!!!
    SQUGGELS![:D]

That hhas gone well. I love when the truth wins out and justice rules! Yay for Bontran, the best male Twi'Lek still alive in this story.:D
    He's a slick one and knew what the other side would use as claims. *hehe*
    And Dabbonar is finally revealed as the ToS-violation he is.

Now all that's missing is a romantic engagement dinner of Luke and Mara.[face_dancing]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Can't wait for MMM even more now!!!! :) I BET she was in a good mood!!!! [face_laugh] [face_mischief] The private room Ali set up--gloriously deliciously wonderful mood-setter that is!!! :* Though I doubt my boos will need much assistance in that area. [face_love] :D

SQUGGLES!!

7. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I'll bet Alida is expecting a marriage proposal to take place at her restaurant. Little does she know...LOL!

And thanks to Bontran, it has remained her restaurant. Score one for justice.

Great chapter!

8. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    ?I still remember a thing or two.? He moved closer to place his hands on my hips, and he kissed me again, this time more slowly and intensely. As I soon found out, it turned out he remembered quite well after all.
    The next morning I was in a very good mood.

[face_laugh][face_blush]

That was very smart of Bontran to use Uncle Dabbonar?s holocall against him.

She rose and spoke to Bontran. A slow smile lit her face. ?Attorney Parrul, your clients have won their case.?
    I threw my arms around Bruno, who lifted me up and spun me around. Then he kissed me. We had won. Alida?s Restaurant was ours, and no one would take it away from us. Ever.

Hip-hip-huzzah!!!!!!!!!!!!![face_dancing]

9. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Wonderful update, Sister-pilot! I felt like I was right there in that courtroom, biting my fingernails!!!

Bravo! =D= =D=

10. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Lovely update, divapilot! I'm really glad that Alida and Bruno have managed to sort out this ugly business regarding their restaurant. Although I was rather surprised that the hearing went so smoothly... :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Just when I think you've topped yourself... you go and do it again! What an awesome chapter. Felt like something right off of Court TV. I am so happy that Bruno and Alida won what is rightfully theirs, and with the help of Alida's ex, no less!

I am so going to miss this story, gal. [:D]

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Wow, wow, WOW!! What an amazing, griping scene! [face_worried] We knew they hadn't lost their bar, but seeing it play out in such a stark and tense manner was a nail-biter. =D=

And kudos to Bruno for, erm, "remembering" stuff. [face_love]

Looking forward to the Big Date! :D

[edit] Forgot to mention that I loved Bontran! Every galaxy needs more honorable men like him. :cool:

13. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Stopping by to say that I've not forgotten about this great story. I've just finished reading Entry 36! Excellent update that really put us through a range of emotions. A very touching and painful chapter with the death of Alida's father. The line that stuck me most was about Alida and even though she was an adult she still felt orphaned. So much of Alida's introspective thoughts resonated with me. [:D] I wish I could read on but I'm looking forward to catching up in the future to see how my favorite OC is doing in the battle against the wicked uncle.:mad:

Great chapter, Lady Diva!

14. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    MsLanna: Yay for Bontran, the best male Twi'Lek still alive in this story.
    LOL! [face_laugh] Yes, there are still a few good men out there. Bontran was the right choice as their lawyer. Thank you!

Jade_Eyes: Thank you very much! Alida is a stickler for details, and she wants things to be perfect for her friends. She would go all out to make the perfect setting for Luke and Mara.[face_love]

Jedi-2B: Thank you! Yes, justice has finally shone a kind eye on Alida. A marriage proposal would seem to be the situation, but we know differently. ;)

Blue_Milkshake: Thank you! I?m glad you liked it. Yes, Bontran got Dabbonar to admit that he plays fast and loose with the law. Not something that would impress a judge.[face_shame_on_you]

Jade_Pilot: Thanks! Glad you are still with me. Only one left after the next one![face_dancing]

Valiowk: Thank you very much! Things did go pretty smoothly, but Bontran knew the shortcuts he would have to take to make Dabbonar?s true nature come out from the cloak of culture he was hiding under. He?s just a selfish man, and Bontran exposed him for that.[face_beatup]

Ginchy: Thanks, Ginchy! Glad you liked it. I wanted it to be a match of wits, and Bontran?s a pretty smart guy. Not smart enough to catch Alida, but then, that was Bruno?s good fortune. :cool:

I am so going to miss this story, gal.
    Aw, thank you! That?s so sweet to say.[:D]

Jedi Trace: Thanks, Trace! I?m glad you like these characters. Bontran?s not a bad guy, and now that he?s out of that toxic family?s control he can actually do things that are honorable. And Bruno knows he has it good, waking up every morning with a gal like Alida.[face_love]

MirandaFair: Thanks, Miranda. I know how busy you are. I appreciate you taking the time to visit my story![:D]

I?m glad that you liked the way I wrote Entry 36. It hit home with me. I tried to give Tavord the dignity and love he deserved. @};-

Luckily, since you are just finishing Entry 36, there will be four more posts for you to read when you finally get some time to breathe! (And maybe there will be some more ?Blood of the Hand? for us to read soon????[face_praying] )

15. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Entry 39:

Soon after the court case was over, Bruno and I went to Bontran?s office again to finalize the legal work that made Alida?s Restaurant truly ours. Again, I sat respectfully in the background while Bruno conducted the business. From where I sat, I could hear the men speaking without intruding on them. I respected Bontran?s need to be segregated from me; for him to associate with me under the circumstances of my banishment might have a dire effect on his reputation.

After all the documents had been signed and the payment for Bontran?s services was rendered, Bruno said, ?We want to thank you for your help with saving the business.?

Bontran nodded politely. ?It is good that you won. Dabbonar?navarth was not deserving of your hard work.?

Bruno leaned back in the chair. He toyed for a moment with a stylus, then looked at Bontran. ?Alida needs to know something,? Bruno said. I turned my ears toward the men. This was what I had been waiting for. ?You said during the proceedings that her uncle broke her name unfairly. She hadn?t done anything wrong when you and she ? cancelled your contract.? Bruno placed the stylus down deliberately, then folded his hands in front of him. ?Can you do anything about her broken name? Can you restore it??

Bontran sighed. ?I understand. It is the fear of every Twi?lek to be cast out of the clan. I know how much it means to her.?

?Don?t start thinking that you know her so well,? Bruno said, a little sharply.

?Forgive me,? Bontran said, casting his eyes downward. His lekku curled gently. ?You are married to her. You know her best. I am simply explaining what I know as a fellow Twi?lek.?

Bruno shook his head. ?Look, just tell me. Can you do anything? Can you get her name back??

Bontran replied, ?It will be extremely difficult to restore her name.? My lekku twitched in disappointment. I had been afraid that his answer would be ?no.?

?But...? Bontran continued slowly. ?I will do what I can.?

I could not resist leaning closer to where they were sitting. My heart began to pound. ?I?ll be able to go home again? I can see my mother and my sister again?? I asked quietly.

Bontran?s lekku quivered. I could tell my presence and my boldness in speaking was making him very uncomfortable. Bontran would not look at me. Instead, he looked at Bruno as he spoke. ?You must understand, much time has already gone by,? Bontran explained.

?I feel responsible,? Bontran continued. ?When Alida left Parrul, she made me promise that I would protect her name. She asked only for that one thing. I gave my word. I owe her that.? He looked down at the desk. His tchin rippled slightly in remorse.

?She told me what it was like living there,? Bruno said coldly. ?You owe her more than just protecting her name.? His hand clenched and unclenched. I stood up and gently put my hand on his shoulder.

?You are right,? Bontran admitted. ?But I was blind. I did not want to see what was happening in my own house. My brother was cruel, and my father ? well, after my mother?s death, my father was never the same. He stopped caring about what happened within the gates of his home.?

?Excuses,? Bruno muttered.

Bontran ignored the comment and continued. ?It was Alida who changed things. I had been lying to myself that things weren?t that bad. But Alida taught me that I cannot turn away from the truth. As a lawyer, I swore to uphold justice. And if I were to ignore injustice in my own family, then what kind of man was I??

Bontran glanced at me briefly, then looked at Bruno again. ?She showed me that I had a choice. I did not have to live that way. It was Alida who suggested that I contact my sister Dinar and move to Coruscant.? He smiled. ?It is ironic. Dinar was considered to be unimportant, a female who was worth only as much as she could be married off for. I was redundant, the fourth son who would never inherit anything. Yet, my sister and I are the two who have found the most happiness.?

Bontran rose, then bowed slightly to Bruno. ?I will do as much as I can to restore her nam

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweetness in words. Precious from start to finish. Pink and gold roses--does it get any lovelier? I could almost smell their gorgeous fragrance. Yup, Bruno & Alida showed Luke and Mara a great deal, just by being their marvelous loving, lovable selves :* :* :) Foot, I've melted and I love it!!!! :D

17. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    How lovely! I think Alida and Bruno enjoyed the evening as much as Luke & Mara.

We don't have a girly boudoir at our house. The bedroom is more of a Star Wars library/tropical jungle. LOL!

18. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Lovely chapters! Loved the legal proceedings and it was good to see justice prevail for Alida and Bruno, and love prevail for Luke and Mara.

19. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Yes, lovely is the word! [face_love] I just need to lie here in a big ole' puddle of mush for a monment... *SIGH*

I love the interaction between Bruno and Bontran and how Bruno took control of the situation.

And then we have Luke and Mara telling Bruno and Alida they plan to wed! Just perfect! [face_love] Only one more post! Can you believe we're coming to the end of this year long journey?

I will miss your OCs so very much, Sister-pilot!

Bravo! =D=

20. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    :eek:
    She might get her name back! It means a lot to her, but I wonder if she'll take it back and give up her new name. I wouldn't.
    And Luke and Mara are engaged.[face_love] Loved Alida's reasoning about the decorations. She is so right.[face_laugh]

21. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Love the bit o' tension between Bontran and Bruno there. ;) And she might get her name back? *fingers crossed*

What a beautiful setting for L/M to announce their engagement - and not just the decorations but the whole history they have there at Alida's place. @};-

I put my hand on my hips and stared at him. ?Bruno,? I said, ?What does our bedroom look like??

He snorted. ?Pink and flowery, with curtains and beads.?

?And why does it look that way?? I asked.

He smiled. ?Because you like it.?

?Exactly,? I said.

[face_laugh] =D=

Atta girl!! [face_mischief]

22. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I love it, lady. [face_love]

Every word of this fic has been a joy, and as it comes so close to ending I find that I want to go back and re-read to prolong it!

I love that Alida may be able to get her name back, and that our L/M are so happy.

Wonderful! =D=

23. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Jade_Eyes: Thank you! Glad you liked it. Luke and Mara had good role models, I think.:D

Jedi-2B: Thanks! I think a happy wife makes for a happy marriage. It?s a good think Bruno is man enough to sleep in a pink bedroom.:cool:

JadeLotus: Thank you. Yes, Alida and Bruno got their day in court. And Luke and Mara reconciled ? as if there were any doubt that love would not save the day![face_love]

Jade_Pilot: Thanks! Bruno and Bontran had some unresolved issues between them, but each man knew where they stood as far as Alida was concerned. Mara and Luke felt comfortable enough with each other at Alida?s Restaurant to relax and celebrate. Love does find a way, doesn?t it?O:)

MsLanna: Thanks! There?s hope that something can be done to redeem Alida?s honor. Bontran can only do so much, but he will try what he can. :)

Jedi Trace: I liked that husband and ex-fiance tension myself. Bruno puts up with a lot for his love. Luke and Mara have learned that being in love means making sacrifices, too, but the payoff is worth it. Thank you for reading! [:D]

Ginchy: Thank you! I wanted things to be happy at the end. After all, both couples deserve it. Thanks so much for sticking around through this story. [:D]

24. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Entry 40.

The news about Luke and Mara?s engagement was announced a few days ago, and as Mara predicted, the populace seems unable to talk of anything else. I understand their interest. When news is as happy as this, people want to share in it.

Every holonews agency has covered the story. All the talk in the cafés and shops flutters with it. What will Mara wear? Where will they hold the ceremony? Who will be the honor attendants? Will there be a Jedi ceremony? What would a Jedi ceremony look like? The stories and theories swoop around like birds in a wind.

I am thrilled for my friends. Their journey toward love for each other has been rough, but worth the result. I wish them great happiness in their future. But there is another event happening now, although it is unnoticed by nearly everyone. Here at my restaurant, a year has passed. I have completed my responsibilities as the Keeper of Memories, and I will be turning over the results of my duties. I have just this last entry to make and then I will present my recordings to them, and my life will be added to the records.

Tonight, in the main dining room, my loved ones and I celebrate family and remember the lives of those who have gone to the ancestors. In the next room I hear laughter and the sound of clinking glasses as the people finish their meal. They are waiting for me.

In a few moments, I will be back in the company of the ones I love most, a privilege that Bontran made possible for me. Bontran did the best that he could to restore my name, and I truly appreciate what he was able to accomplish, but he was honest when he warned me that too much time had gone by to restore my name in its entirety. The clan lawgivers agreed that Uncle Dabbonar had been reckless with his decree of banishment, but their decision was tempered because, due to my inferior status as a female, it was still my duty to obey my uncle regardless of how illogical his command. Bontran was able to negotiate a compromise. I would be allowed to have contact with other Twi?leks, including my family, but I could not visit Ryloth again.

I was very disappointed when I learned that the clan lawgivers would not reinstate my full name. It remains broken to this day, but by now I have been Alida Maritin for nearly as long as I was Alidan?avarth. I have come to honor and love the name I share with my husband. He has become my life now.

Through the years that followed, Bruno and I had everything we needed. The only thing that would have added more joy to our lives would have been a child, but all prayers to The Guardian of Ryloth had gone unanswered for that request. It appears that our love was meant for each other, for our parents, and for our sisters Gia Maritin and Tisa?sallorca and our brother Kellian Maritin. Their children have become our doted-upon nieces and nephews.

Tonight, on my desk is a box, constructed of dark bradden wood. It is inlaid with small red gems, which swirl into a delicate pattern. I keep touching it, knowing what is inside it. Every now and then I find myself pulled away from the task of writing this entry, and my blue fingers trace the top of the box.

Eventually I can?t help myself any more. I open the lid and lift the red banner out, straightening the fabric across the table. My fingers trace the beaded letters, the tassels arranged in neat rows from top to bottom: my father?s name, Tavord?navarth. This is his name banner, taken down temporarily from the family banner back in Navarth and given to my custody for the course of this year. Soon, I will relinquish it to my mother, who will hold it for another five years until it is time for the next family member to add his or her memories to the family record. This is what is left of my father, I think to myself.

But really, this is not my father?s legacy, this embellished box and this lovingly embroidered banner. Even this restaurant, with its fine accoutrements and the loyal clientele, is not what he left me. These are not the things he left behind.

Reverently, one final time, I fold the red

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A gorgeous gentle tender reflective close =D= The entire diary's worth a reread I'm telling you :D I eagerly look forward to anything you write for us in 2008--and will feel blessed at the chance to enjoy it. [face_love] [face_love] I hope we will see Alida again and often-- [:D] !!!!! @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.