main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends The Keeper of Memories~ "Dear Diary chlg," (OCs, L/M ) ~*~ Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by divapilot, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Bruno and meat pie...that sounds like a good combination!

Love their early courtship - so sweet and loving. It's interesting to think that Bruno went from an office job to bartender - I suppose it's almost the same kind of work ;)

It sounds like Alida went through a similar early relationship to what Mara is going through - they actually have a lot in common.

Great chapter!

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Yummy scene with the meat pies! [face_dancing] Hmmm. L/M need a scene like that. :) [face_love] Woot!!
    Great update!! =D=

3. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Luke and Mara are different in some ways and after their first encounter (those are few of the EU books I?ve actually read) you could hardly believe that they would end up married, even if they became friends in the end.

I took it for granted that Bruno admired me. It was a long time before I realized that he loved me.

Very sweet.

Another amazing update and thanks for the pm.

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    oooh, great chapter!! Every chapter is better and better, lady! You have a true gift! Alida and Bruno always bring a smile to my face. I love that Alida looked up Luke and Mara on the holonet, but stayed away from all the rumor. Smart gal. And I love how The Force led L/M to the two people who are able to understand, and hopefully, help them!

LOVE it, as always! :D

=D=

5. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Such different people, such different backgrounds. Luke comes from a stable, loving home, and Mara?s home is a mystery. Luke spent time in the military while Mara was working as a smuggler. Yet, they manage to find each other and see beyond their differences.

Alida doesn't know the half of all the differences in Luke's and Mara's backgrounds! I'm surprised the holonet didn't have Mara's true background splashed in some holozine. Or when Luke's father really died. Maybe it did, and Alida discounted it all as unbelievable.

So her meeting with Luke will be the next entry? This was a great chapter, too, btw. Loved how they 'cleaned each other up.' ;)

6. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    What day is it?? Oh! That's right, Friday! Update time. [face_dancing] :cool:

I love the tenderness Bruno and Alida have even in the earliest parts of their relationship. We defintiely see them being together was meant to be. I love readnig those scenes and you write them beautifully.

I'm eager to see how ALida's meeting with Luke goes...!

Lovely work, Lady! @};-

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 15, 1999
    You know, I get so enthralled reading about Bruno and Alida that I forget L/M are in the picture, too. [face_blush][:D]

Seeing this story from two different angles is TOO much fun! Can't wait to hear what she thought of Luke. [face_mischief]:D

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Loved it! [face_love] So...Alida owes a lot of her happiness to meat pies! Great update Sister pilot! I am enjoying the Twi'lek insights so much!

"Even though I have multiple stomachs and I can literally eat just about anything..."

Well THAT explains it...my 11 year old son is a Twi'lek!

Bravo! =D=

9. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    Well, DRL got me lately, I am still busy catching up with everything I wanted to read. anyway thanks for the PM, just letting you know that I am still in here. :D

cheers,

VeryBusy

10. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Jade_Lotus: Love their early courtship - so sweet and loving.

Thanks! Alida?s just that kind of a gal. She wears her heart on her sleeve. Or what might have been a sleeve if the shirt weren?t so tiny.[face_batting]

It sounds like Alida went through a similar early relationship to what Mara is going through - they actually have a lot in common.

Well, they are both strangers in a strange land, so to speak. And they both pride themselves on their independence, so when they fall in love, they have some trouble recognizing what?s happened. ;)

Jade_Eyes: Yummy scene with the meat pies! Hmmm. L/M need a scene like that.

Thank you, thank you! Hm. A yummy scene with L/M? Maybe at Alida?s? We?ll see!![face_love]

Star_Angel: Luke and Mara are different in some ways and after their first encounter (those are few of the EU books I?ve actually read) you could hardly believe that they would end up married, even if they became friends in the end.

That?s true. But there was always something essential that attracted them to each other. A mutual respect or a curiosity, perhaps. Thanks for dropping in!:)

Ginchy: Alida and Bruno always bring a smile to my face. I love that Alida looked up Luke and Mara on the holonet, but stayed away from all the rumor.

Alida doesn?t waste her time on trash talk. [face_talk_hand] And she does her homework. Good thing Bruno is there to calm her down when she gets a bit spun up.

And I love how The Force led L/M to the two people who are able to understand, and hopefully, help them!

Thank you! It?s always good to have an older, wiser friend who knows what you are going through.[:D]

Jedi-2B: Alida doesn't know the half of all the differences in Luke's and Mara's backgrounds! I'm surprised the holonet didn't have Mara's true background splashed in some holozine. Or when Luke's father really died. Maybe it did, and Alida discounted it all as unbelievable.

Alida trusts what she knows, and she doesn?t give in to innuendo. Thank you for reading!:)

MirandaFair: What day is it?? Oh! That's right, Friday! Update time.

Thanks, Miranda!;)

I love the tenderness Bruno and Alida have even in the earliest parts of their relationship. We defintiely see them being together was meant to be.

They are a special pair, able to see beyond their differences and look into the heart of the other person. O:)

Jedi_Trace: Seeing this story from two different angles is TOO much fun! Can't wait to hear what she thought of Luke.

Oh, she calls ?em like she sees ?em. o_O Thanks, Trace!

Jade_Pilot: So...Alida owes a lot of her happiness to meat pies! Great update Sister pilot! I am enjoying the Twi'lek insights so much!

I just put on my pouty face and type, and the Twi?lek comes sashaying out! Yes, food is the way to a man?s affections, so Alida keeps her man?s tummy filled. Besides, she?s a student at that point. Someone has to eat the classwork.:D

Well THAT explains it...my 11 year old son is a Twi'lek!

There you go! That's your answer. [face_laugh]

DRL has been exceptionally busy. There will be an update soon, but probably not tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.[face_happy]

[color=silver](edits: I'm still mark-up moron.)[/color]>

11. DarthJaded

DarthJaded Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2006

I love this story!!!![face_love] [face_love] [face_love] or diary or whatever. It`s just a good ol` love story with very funny comedy. I adore the fact that Luke and Mara`s early relationship is reflected and that there are more details in it that only the owner of the place can give. ;)

D.JO:) :-B

12. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Darth_Jaded: Thank you! Mara and Luke's story will interweave with Alida and Bruno's. I hope you continue to enjoy.:)

Entry 6.

Sometimes, running a restaurant is like playing sabbac blindfolded. Shipments do not arrive on time, employees become sick, important menu items are lost. I do my best to keep everything organized, but there is always the element of uncertainty to throw all my plans astray. That is why I try to keep my mornings open, as I never know what will happen during the day.

Yesterday morning, I had an hour to spend with a very important new customer. It?s strange, isn?t it, how a com can change your life? How you wind up identifying your life in terms of what it was like before you met this person, and then after, when things had changed? That?s what it is like for me now that I have met Luke Skywalker.

Luke came into my life quite accidentally, although he would not say so. He would claim it is the will of the Force. Perhaps. I am no philosopher. But there is no doubt that his friendship with us, and Mara?s friendship, will be influential for all parties involved.

He is handsome in that way that human men often have, not unusually tall but well built, slim, and with a pleasing face. However, he has a [i]presence[/i] that is unmistakable. You notice this intensity first, then his physical features and his personality unfold. Then you understand why he is famous.

Luke arrived promptly at our meeting. Although I had many things to keep me busy, I was continuously distracted by the idea of him coming over. In fact, I greeted him at the door, eager to begin. I proudly showed him the new private area that we had almost finished. Although there were some unexpected problems with conduit and plumbing that had been reconfigured and not noted on the updated blueprint files, the contractor had managed to work around the problems quite artfully.

We went past the bar and to my office in the back of the building. My office is not big to begin with, and the new area is going to make it even smaller. But there is still room for my father?s old desk, made with dark brown Hyllian wood. There is still room for a soft red chair, for a shelf of mementoes and personal holos. When there is no room for such things anymore, then it will no longer be my office, yes? There are some things that I simply cannot part with.

I pride myself on organization, so I had prepared a datapad with questions to help create the perfect, most romantic environment for a second dinner with Mara. From my earlier conversations with Luke, I know how important this date will be. It must be perfect. There are so many details to attend to!

I was happily chatting away, asking Luke questions about Mara that would help to set the mood for the evening. It soon became painfully obvious that Luke did not have many answers. In fact, the man looked as pale as if he was facing an angry rancor when I asked him about what flowers Mara liked and what her favorite color was.

It dawned on me that Luke did not know any of the details of Mara?s preferences. How could that be? He clearly is attracted to her. Does he not notice these things? At the end of our meeting, my datapad was almost as empty as it was when we started. The only thing that I had recorded was ?Favorite wine: ask Bruno.? I told Luke he needed to find out what Mara liked before their next date, and I would arrange for those things to be provided.

Then I felt sorry for him. He had entered the restaurant happy and eager, only to be confused and unsure of himself as he prepared to leave. Luke stood up and pushed the chair back into place, his face disappointed and his posture slumped. I could not let him go that way. I reached out and gently touched his arm.

?Luke,? I said, ?I hope you aren?t too deterred by this meeting.? I smiled encouragingly. ?I am certain that you can still please your lady friend.?

He paused, then drummed his hand absently on the back of the chair. Finally he lifted his head. ?How could I not know these things,>

13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    ?Alida, the news is even better. He has also found a wonderful husband for you!"

:eek: SAY WHAT????? Wonderful update, Sister-pilot, and what an evil cliffie you have left us with! I was totally NOT expecting that!

Okay, I love Alliance at Alida's, but this first person POV has such an intimate quality to it. [face_love] Just wonderful!

Bravo! =D=

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved Alida and Luke's convo. :) :) :)
    Tissa dropped a bomb didn't she? :eek:
    Alida doesn't, and Bruno is NOT gonna like this. :D :p
    They may have to elope. Whee!! [face_love] :)

15. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    In some ways, Alida has the wisdom of a Jedi Master.

Loved the introduction of her sister, and that bombshell at the end!

16. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    WHAT?? No, no, no!! Her uncle arranged a marriage for her? :eek: Course, I'm sure my uncle would have loved to have done so for me. [face_laugh] No one I dated was good enough. ;)

Poor Luke. I think he and Mara both had the idea that they knew one another completely before VOTF, and what a shock finding out they were wrong!!

Excellent update, lady! Can't wait for the next! :D

17. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hehehe, I'm sure she will not like her new intended. . . is her uncle the clan head, or for her situation does her father hold sway?

;) obviously it works out that she ends up with Bruno. . .but. . .

Poor Luke, some of those thing are hard to pick up on. I wish I had a list that I could mark off . . .ok so his favorite color is this. .. this is his favorite food. . . show etc. . . just so I could be sure that I know it and I don't get caught at some point. .. 0.0 now what was that ? ;)

18. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Quite a cliffhanger there, diva!

The build up to the end was done with such craft and style. I really admire the way you tell a story. :) @};-

Seeing Luke converse with Alida was great. In a matter of minutes he transformed from confident Jedi Master to a shy youth. Poor Luke! Thankfully, he has Alida there to set the pace.

He is handsome in that way that human men often have, not unusually tall but well built, slim, and with a pleasing face. However, he has a presence that is unmistakable. You notice this intensity first, then his physical features and his personality unfold. Then you understand why he is famous.

Fangirl, here. I LOVE this description from Alida's POV. [:D] [face_love]

I was happily chatting away, asking Luke questions about Mara that would help to set the mood for the evening. It soon became painfully obvious that Luke did not have many answers.

Again, poor Luke. [face_laugh] He just needs a helping hand. *Pun certainly intended.* ;)

Wonderful addition. :D

19. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    ?Alida, the news is even better. He has also found a wonderful husband for you!?

Nooooooooooo, that's impossible! I hope that Father will be on Alida's side.

The last two posts have been wonderful. I love how you so smoothly interweave the stories of the two couples. It's beautiful writing!

I really liked Alida's falling in love analogy about looking into a star. And yes, I agree that it's an exciting thing to still be learning new details about my love after almost 11 years together. [face_love]

20. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Jade_Pilot: SAY WHAT????? Wonderful update, Sister-pilot, and what an evil cliffie you have left us with! I was totally NOT expecting that!

Thanks! I was going for the ?evil cliffie!!? :p

Jade_Eyes: Loved Alida and Luke's convo.

Thank you! Luke?s still a bit reckless here. Not quite the serene Master we see later.[face_dancing]

Tissa dropped a bomb didn't she? Alida doesn't, and Bruno is NOT gonna like this.

She sure did drop a bombshell. Alida has been ignoring the inevitable return of the clan authority in her life. Now it has come back to bite her. [face_worried]

Jedi-2B:
    In some ways, Alida has the wisdom of a Jedi Master.

Thanks! Alida doesn?t have to be a Jedi Master to be wise, she?s just really observant. Course, it doesn?t hurt to have a FRIEND who is a Jedi master.;)

Ginchy: Course, I'm sure my uncle would have loved to have done so for me. No one I dated was good enough.

My dad?s first question for any potential boyfriend cut straight to the heart of things: ?Are you a Red Sox or a Yankees fan?? Of course, I was a good girl and only dated Red Sox fans.O:)

Poor Luke. I think he and Mara both had the idea that they knew one another completely before VOTF, and what a shock finding out they were wrong!!

Thank you! Luke has made some surface assumptions about Mara, and about romance. His previous relationships have mostly been superficial, or undeveloped, or unbalanced. Now he has to start thinking less about what she does and more about why she does it. It?s a bit scary.[face_love]

Maramijade: hehehe, I'm sure she will not like her new intended. . . is her uncle the clan head, or for her situation does her father hold sway?

You are peeking! Yes, Dabbonar is Father?s older brother, and thus Uncle Dabbonar?s word goes for the clan. [face_talk_hand]

obviously it works out that she ends up with Bruno. . .but. . .

But the fun is in finding out why and how![face_dancing]

Poor Luke, some of those thing are hard to pick up on.
    He?ll figure it out. He?s rather bright for a human. Thank you for reading.:D

MirandaFair: Quite a cliffhanger there, diva! The build up to the end was done with such craft and style. I really admire the way you tell a story.

Thank you! This from one of the best story crafters on the boards! Wow![:D]

Fangirl, here. I LOVE this description from Alida's POV.

That?s what it seems to me, too.[face_love]

Again, poor Luke. He just needs a helping hand. *Pun certainly intended.*

Hee hee! I wonder if there are any hands about to help him? [face_whistling]

Blue_Milkshake: Nooooooooooo, that's impossible! I hope that Father will be on Alida's side.

Don?t worry! She?s not going to step off a platform into a ventilation shaft! And yes, Father will be there for her. [face_love]

The last two posts have been wonderful. I love how you so smoothly interweave the stories of the two couples. It's beautiful writing!

Thank you so much! Such a sweet compliment!:D

I really liked Alida's falling in love analogy about looking into a star. And yes, I agree that it's an exciting thing to still be learning new details about my love after almost 11 years together.

Aw, so sweet. Happy Valentine?s day early to you guys. @};-

21. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Entry 7

This morning, I was in our kitchen preparing breakfast when Bruno entered the room, blearily rubbing his eyes. He came over to the counter to pour himself a cup of caf as I plated the meal. After giving me a kiss on the cheek, he leaned against the counter and stared at me.

I put my hand on my hip. ?What?? I demanded. ?Why do you look at me like that??

He smiled as he took a sip. ?A man can?t look at his beautiful wife?? he teased. I rolled my eyes, but I was smiling, too.

I placed the plates on the table and sat down, gesturing for him to join me. During the breakfast I asked him, ?Bruno, do you think you know everything about me??

He looked momentarily surprised, then returned to eating the flatcakes. ?What would you like me to know, Ali?? he replied, wiping crumbs from the corner of his mouth.

My eyes narrowed, and my lekku flicked impatiently. ?Oh, you will not get away so easily, Bruno. I have been married to you for too long not to notice when you are stalling by turning the question around,? I said, gesturing with the fork.

He breathed deeply, then set his fork down. I could tell he was gathering his thoughts together before speaking. Finally, he put his elbows on the table, laced his fingers together, and rested his chin atop his hands. ?Ali,? he began, ?You will always be the most exquisite mystery that I was ever lucky enough to come across. You constantly surprise me. So I guess the answer is, no, I do not think that I know everything about you.?

I pursed my lips. ?Luke is confused. He believes that a man should know everything about a woman. I do not agree. I think people want to find their own ways in life. Once the man and the woman both feel comfortable about their places in the universe, then they can discover wonderful things about each other.?

Bruno winked at me and smiled. Raising his mug of caf, he said, ?You are right again, my love.? He took a sip, then placed the mug on the table. ?I see that you?ve taken a liking to them. Ali, let them handle this on their own. When Luke and Mara are troubled or confused, they will find their way to us for advice. Trust me. We?ve seen this before.?

I sighed as he stood up to clear the table. On his way to the sink he paused and kissed my forehead. ?My bartender instincts tell me that Luke and Mara have a ways to go before they find their love. But once they do, they will be inseparable.?

After he left for his morning errands, I sat alone in the kitchen of our apartment. I thought about what Bruno said. His instincts are usually correct.

I stood up, took my cup of tea, and went out to out balcony. I often come here to think. It is not a large space, but it is big enough for us to sit there comfortably and watch the bustle of Government Center.

Our apartment is over the restaurant, so there are always the smells of cooking and the clatter of activity beneath us. From the balcony, if you look up, you can see a small sliver of sky. It looks like a distant river at the base of a steep canyon, only turned upside-down. Light reflects like rainbows from the transparisteel on the other buildings. All night and day, traffic intertwines around us, some vehicles so distant that they look like little dots rushing across the sky.

If you look down from the balcony, you can see the landing area for our restaurant. There is a small access way for our personal use. The private room is almost finished in the restaurant, and when Luke and Mara come to dine with us, they will have optional private access to the building. If they choose not to use the main entrance, Bruno will meet them at the side door and let them in, so that they will not be subjected to the prying eyes and ears of other people in the main room.

A movement caught my eye and I saw our speeder slip quietly out of the private access. Even though I knew he couldn?t see me, I waved goodbye to Bruno as he left for his errands.

Father and I often sat together on this balcony. He used to come here to think things through when he was puzzled or troubled. Many nights

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet update to the limit. Bruno calling Ali an exquisite mystery--*sigh* Delicious. [face_love] I dearly love Ali's father. He's fair, loving, and respectful of everyone's feelings. :) :) I often believe the integrity and decency a person has aas an adult comes directly from their parents' example. Now I see where Ali gets her candor and sweetness. :D
    [:D]

23. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Wonderful update.:D
    I love all those intercultural complications. Bruno will most likely not, I'm afraid.
    Quite a fix Alida is in, but atleast her father promised her that she can choose for herslef. Let's hope the clan leader does not interfere.

24. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    Aww! I love Bruno! He's so sweet! And I was shocked at the end of the last post, but I knew everything would turn our right, so I didn't get too scared.

25. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    ?My bartender instincts tell me that Luke and Mara have a ways to go before they find their love. But once they do, they will be inseparable.?

[face_love] [face_love]

One heart for L/M, one for Bruno. ;)

Wonderful update, gal! I love Alida's talks with her father. They seem like kindred spirits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.