main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends The Keeper of Memories~ "Dear Diary chlg," (OCs, L/M ) ~*~ Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by divapilot, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I?ve been gone for quite a while, but I?m back and I?ve caught up. These updates have been so amazing.

I love the wisdom in this, ?cause Alida is more right than wrong, although, Bruno was right when he said that Luke and Mara had to find their own way to love. And I could understand her excitement about seeing her sister, but her uncle found her a husband, wow.

Please, keep on the pm list, it hopefully won?t take me this long to respond again.

2. divapilot

divapilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Jade_Eyes: I love Ali's observations about L/M's date and about the differences between Bruno and Bontran. Neither is worse or better than the other--just different. She just has to figure out what she wants, it's a shame someone will get hurt.

Thank you! Yes, it will be hard on someone. Maybe more than one someone. Both men are good guys. [face_worried]

Jade_Pilot: Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl! You letting two men court you????????????????????

Humph! Well, all I got to say is Bruno is going to have to step it up. He ain't got not lekku to tangle up with Alida's.

Thanks! Alida is smitten with a whirlwind romance, and has forgotten the guy who took her to the dance. Bruno doesn?t have any lekku, so he is going to have to improvise. Hopefully, he is creative. [face_love]

Love is messy and complicated, full of extreme emotions.

Yes, indeed. Shakespeare said the course of love never did run smooth, right? :(

Ginchy: Hmm... Birds of a Feather, or Opposites Attract? Looks like that's what Alida will have to figure out.

Exactly! Thank you for reading and replying, Ginch![face_dancing]

MirandaFair: Thankfully you're incorporating the present with Alida's past into this story or I'd be worried. Worried for Bruno and Ali's relationship. Even the eyes of a Twi'lek glaze over when love is concerned.

Thank you, MirandaFair. Bruno and Alida are not such a sure thing at this point. Bontran is a pretty good catch, and he reminds her of the home she left behind. It will be tough for Bruno to compete with her traditions and her heritage.:)

Jedi-2B: The glowjade was a wonderful suggestion for a present, and hooray that Mara put it on! So does this mean that perhaps Bontran gave Alida a similar gem, and she put it back in the box?

I hope your son is feeling a little better. Nothing hurts like a broken heart. :( And yes, Mara accepted the gift, and accepted the date. I?m sure that Bontran has lots of presents for his delightful Alida.[face_love]

JadeLotus: Of course we know who Alida chooses, but how and why are certainly going to be interesting. And again, I love the richness of detail you give to Twi'lek culture.

Thank you! Alida and Bruno went through a lot. Bontran is tough competition! It?s fun building a culture for Alida and her family.[face_dancing]

Jedi Trace: The story behind the necklace...

Yep! Thank you![face_dancing]

I know this is Alida's show, but I gotta comment on the L/M: *melts*

Thank you! Glad you liked the details.:*

I can't decide if I'm happy for Alida or depressed for Bruno. We know how it ends eventually...or do we?

They have to have their hearts broken before they realize what makes their hearts whole again. There is a lot that has to transpire yet![face_worried]

Star_Angel: I?ve been gone for quite a while, but I?m back and I?ve caught up. These updates have been so amazing.

Thank you very much!:D

I love the wisdom in this, ?cause Alida is more right than wrong, although, Bruno was right when he said that Luke and Mara had to find their own way to love. And I could understand her excitement about seeing her sister, but her uncle found her a husband, wow.

Alida has her mind set on securing Luke and Mara?s relationship, and Bruno has to keep reminding her that it isn?t her job! But she cares so much that it is sometimes hard for her to step back. [:D]

And in her memories, she recounts her challenges in her own romance. Nothing ever goes as planned, does it? Thank you for keeping with the story!:)

3. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Entry #10.

The rain that falls on Coruscant is thin and gray. It streaks across the windows, flies off in a thin spray from the passing speeders, and drips in a steady rhythm from the decorative edging of the building. Usually I don?t notice the weather, but rain occurs so infrequently due to the mostly artificial climate and weather on this mostly artificial world.

Days like these remind me of Ryloth.

Due to the extreme climates of Ryloth, nearly half the world is in constant brutal sunlight, while most of the rest is in frigid darkness. People live in the habitable area called the Twilight Lands that form the border between the two regions. Our clan, Navarth, is located on the northern sector of the western band. Most of the people live underground closer to the Bright Lands, but there are large tracts of open, arable land that belong to clan Navarth. Originally, clan Navarth was agricultural, and there are still beautiful areas that are mostly uninhabited. I remember going there often as a young girl, seeing the lush fields and the distant mountains.

I remember the rain, soft and forgiving, that nurtured the fields and gave us the crops. Rain gave us life.

Customers come in and complain about their wet clothes and hair. They find it annoying. But for me, it?s a welcome reminder of my homeworld and my happy childhood. There is a part of Ryloth that will always be in my heart.

There were other times when my homesickness seemed to consume me. When Bontran and I began our love affair, he reminded me so much of what I had loved about my home.

My sister embraced her arraigned marriage wholeheartedly, and she and her intended, Jarron, decided to wed as soon as possible. A few weeks after Bontran and I met, Tisa and I spent a happy afternoon shopping in one of the many boutiques and marketplaces in Capital Center. When we were tired, we went to a café to rest and have some tea together.

Before I had met Bontran, I had only tolerated her ceaseless chatter about the arraigned marriage, but now I inclined my head and listened to her explanations about the process. The waitdroid brought our tea, and Tisa leaned back in the soft armchair. Her lekku curled comfortably around her shoulders.

?You should really think about more jewelry, sister,? Tisa scolded me. ?You do not want your new family to think that clan Navarth has no wealth of its own. Who would marry a woman who would be a burden??

Absently, I touched the pendant that she had given me, with the glittery beads that symbolized the name ?Secura.? ?I understand your point,? I said. ?But didn?t Jarron give you your jewelry?? In fact, it was Jarron?s money that had paid for our purchases that afternoon.

She shifted in her seat and placed the teacup and saucer on the table. ?Yes, but no one has to know that. He is pleased with me, and wants to spoil me. Besides, the more appealing you can make the match seem to your new family, the less trouble there will be.?

?Trouble?? I asked warily. ?What kind of trouble??

She flicked her lekku subtly, a signal for worry and determination. ?Alida, I had a friend who was married to a man from clan Uuna. It did not go well. He sent her back, and she was dishonored.?

I gasped, my lekku twisting in agitation. ?She was unworthy? How did her clan react to that?? I could not help but bring my hand to my mouth. There was little worse than to be dishonored by your own clan.

Tisa?s expression grew somber and her eyes watered. ?When her intended?s family found her to be unworthy, her clan forfeited the marriage contract. Due to the financial loss, her clan would not take her back, and they --? Tisa turned toward the window and took a moment to compose herself. She turned back to me. ?Alida, they broke her name. She was banished.?

I could not speak. This was the worst punishment that could befall a Twi?lek. To lose your name was to lose your family, your right to live in a clan, and the right to ever return to Ryloth. You were stripped of any property and inheritance. You were abandoned. ?Where

4. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I LOVE THIS STORY!!!!!!!!!! [face_love]

It just keeps getting better with each update, Sister-pilot. Great insights with Alida's sister and her fears.

Oh, Alida, when we were little girls, how you always questioned things, always argued with Mother and Father. You never knew how to be obedient! Those are not the traits to show now. Remember that your new family doesn?t know you yet. Be sure that you give them no reason to complain about you.?

And Alida will always be like this! That's why Bruno is the man for her. He would want her to be herself and challenge him.

Great cultural details! It just makes your story that much richer.

Bravo! =D=

5. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    If you can't be yourself, then this is not the right match for marriage. Alida's father continues to provide wise counsel.

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    oooh, a hidden update! ;) I'm glad I clicked to check!

Oh, Alida. What a jam she's in right now. Course, what girl wouldn't want to be so lucky with two men wanting to court her? She should listen to her father, he probably knows of which he speaks.

Lovely update as always and I already cannot wait for more! :D

7. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Decisions, decisions. [face_thinking]

Alida finds herself in quite a dilemma. Although I think I'm right with her wise father on this and am glad he's questioning her on her readiness. It's great for her to have someone in the family to confide in - even if she's lying to herself. She may not know it consciously but it's apparent that she's torn.

And do my eyes deceive me? Was the Twi'lek Alida and her sister talking about Oola? Poor thing. Like facing a Hutt wasn't enough...add banishment to the long list.

Things are really rolling! Could we be seeing Alida's talk to Bruno soon?

A great story with a very fitting OC to add to the SW universe. @};- :D

8. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 15, 1999
    <Yoda voice> To your father, you listen, Alida. ;)

I hope she realizes soon that she is not her sister. Though the fru-fru life may suit Tisa, and she is lovely, but our Alida needs more. :cool:

Looking forward to the next updates, painful as they might be. @};-

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow. Banishment. :eek: That's serious. Everything Tisa and Alida's dad said were true: you have to think about a permanent situation and about living in an entire cultural context. If the ENTIRE package isn't what Ali wants, she needs to know now or real soon. [face_worried]
    I can totally understand that she does not know what to tell Bruno--but could her hesitation mean she's not totally "sold" on Bontran? If it was just him personally, it might be an easier choice, but in light of clan issues, it's like you're marrying an entire family and have to win them all over, and never get on their bad side. Can a woman of such independnt and fiery nature be meek and as the saying goes, a brown-noser? [face_laugh] [face_thinking]

10. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    and the truth is a sticky thing when you don't really know what it is yourself. . .

11. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    :_|
    I'm just happy to know that, no matter what she will tell Bruno in the next update, she will marry him still.

Wonderful work on the society of the TwiLek. I love it!
    [face_love]

12. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Jade_Pilot: Great insights with Alida's sister and her fears. And Alida will always be like this! That's why Bruno is the man for her. He would want her to be herself and challenge him.

Thank you! Alida is learning something new about herself all the time. But will this new knowledge help her on Ryloth?[face_worried]

Jedi-2B: If you can't be yourself, then this is not the right match for marriage. Alida's father continues to provide wise counsel.

Thank you for reading and replying! Alida?s father has seen an awful lot in his lifetime. He can only counsel her; he can?t make her follow her advice. Some things you have to learn by yourself.;)

Ginchy: Oh, Alida. What a jam she's in right now. Course, what girl wouldn't want to be so lucky with two men wanting to court her? She should listen to her father, he probably knows of which he speaks.

Thanks! Alida is torn between two lovers, isn?t she? Will she pick the steady, constant fellow who has been there for her for three years, or the flashy newcomer?[face_love]

MirandaFair: Alida finds herself in quite a dilemma. It's great for her to have someone in the family to confide in - even if she's lying to herself. She may not know it consciously but it's apparent that she's torn.

Thanks! You are right, Alida isn?t being truthful to a lot of people, including herself. We can sure talk ourselves into a lot of denial, can?t we?:rolleyes:

Was the Twi'lek Alida and her sister talking about Oola? Poor thing. Like facing a Hutt wasn't enough...add banishment to the long list.

I wasn?t thinking about Oola, although she sure fits the bill. I think that there were a lot of young women like Oola about. Women on Ryloth were not very appreciated, and that?s why there were so many Twi?lik slave dancers. [face_worried]

Could we be seeing Alida's talk to Bruno soon? A great story with a very fitting OC to add to the SW universe.

Coming up! Thank you for such a lovely compliment![:D]

Jedi Trace: <Yoda voice> To your father, you listen, Alida. I hope she realizes soon that she is not her sister. Though the fru-fru life may suit Tisa, and she is lovely, but our Alida needs more.

Alida has had a different upbringing, and she has different expectations than the typical Twi?lek woman. Like her father said in an earlier post, he has spoiled her from being a pure clan daughter. You are right ? she needs more. Thank you for the reply, Trace!:D

Jade_Eyes: Wow. Banishment. That's serious. Everything Tisa and Alida's dad said were true: you have to think about a permanent situation and about living in an entire cultural context. If the ENTIRE package isn't what Ali wants, she needs to know now or real soon.

Banishment is the worst that can happen. You are alive, but as far as anyone treats you, you are dead. Even your name is gone. And you are right, she isn?t just marrying a man, she is marrying the entire culture and society.[face_worried]

I can totally understand that she does not know what to tell Bruno--but could her hesitation mean she's not totally "sold" on Bontran? Can a woman of such independnt and fiery nature be meek and as the saying goes, a brown-noser?

She?s getting very good at lying to herself. Let?s see if she can keep up the belief that she really wants to be treated the way a Twi?lek female is expected to put up with. Thank you, Jade_Eyes!:)

Maramijade: and the truth is a sticky thing when you don't really know what it is yourself. . .

Absolutely. Does she really know what she wants, or is she trying to convince herself? Is she about to make the worst decision of her life? :confused: Thanks for stopping in!

MsLanna: I'm just happy to know that, no matter what she will tell Bruno in the next update, she will marry him still. Wonderful work on the society of the TwiLek. I love it!

13. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh, I love this, I wonder how Bruno will react, being a human man, I?d say not good, but then we know that it will work out?I think.

Anyway, this update was fantastic, I really love this story.

14. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Star_angel: Thank you for reading and replying. I'm glad you are enjoying this story! And as for how Bruno will react, here you are.

Entry 11.

For the entirety of this year, I am the Keeper of Memories. I am responsible for adding my memories to the family history. Twi?lek physiology allows us to hold ?deep memories? within the brain stem that stretches into our lekku, and certain reflective exercises can bring these memories out with impressive clarity. In some ways, we relive the events.

Bruno knows that because I am recounting certain events in my life, I have been quiet and withdrawn lately. He asks if there is anything he can do, and the answer is no. There is nothing he can do, because he has already done the thing that I need. He is here. When you consider what I did to him, the fact that nearly two decades later he is still by my side is remarkable.

Because of the types of memories that are surfacing, I often think of Luke and Mara these days. When love is new, as it is for Luke and Mara, everything seems vivid and exciting. You can?t get enough of that other person. You wake with dreams of them still fresh in your mind. You hope to run in to them in your travels, regardless of how unlikely that might be. I hope that they never get to the point where they no longer smile softly when they think of each other.

How complicated their lives are. I am so pleased that we are able to give them a place to escape to, a place where they can discover each other without outsiders interfering. Sometimes I think that is why the Force brought them to us, to give them respite from their responsibilities.

They are older than I was when I had to choose between Bruno and Bontran. Mara is very practical, but her heart holds much love. It?s obvious when she looks at Luke that she feels strongly about him. As for Luke, well, he is enchanted by Mara. But they are mature people. They have experience with love, with life, with loss, and those experiences are important. They make a person understand what a precious gift love is. I don?t think either of them underestimates the rare treasure of finding someone who truly loves you.

Bruno and I had been together for over three years when I made the decision to agree to marry Bontran. Sometimes being together for so long makes you forget what it was that made your heart flutter in the first place. I had come to consider Bruno to be not just my suitor; he was a close friend. Ironically, that friendship is why I thought he would understand when I explained my decision. I was young and selfish, and I took Bruno for granted.

Bruno and I met one evening in Veteran?s Park, a lovely botanical garden not far from the Senate. It was a warm night, and many people were out enjoying the little bit of nature that had taken hold in the middle of the city. I found him sitting on a bench beneath a slovis tree, its dark fronds blowing gently in the evening breeze. He smiled when he saw me and stood up to greet me.

?Alida,? he said, kissing my cheek. ?You?ve been hard to get ahold of. It?s so good to see you.? We sat down and he held my hand. ?How have you been? How are your sister and your father??

?They are well. My sister is preparing for her wedding, and we have been busy,? I answered.

Bruno smiled. ?She must be excited. When is she leaving for Ryloth??

?Very soon, actually. We are shutting down the restaurant for a week. Father and I are attending. We?ll meet Mother there.?

?How long will it take to get there?? Bruno asked.

?Two days,? I replied.

?Ah, I see,? Bruno said. ?Two days out, stay a day or two for the wedding, then you and your father have a two-day return trip.?

I looked up at the skyline. How different Coruscant was from Ryloth. The city pulsed with light and noise. I took a deep breath. I was a Twi?lek, I reminded myself. I didn?t belong on Coruscant, this world built by humans and designed for humans. This was not my home. I belonged on Ryloth.

I put my hand over his and began to stroke the back of his hand. ?Bruno, I have>

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Bravo for Bruno!!!!! =D= =D=

I think he would have been more accepting, just as devastated, but willing perhaps to believe and accept her choice, if Alida had once said she actually loved Bontran. [face_thinking] Rather like Leia in COPL, deciding to marry Isolder but never once claiming to be "in love". :D
    The comparison/contrast Alida drew between new and settled love was very moving and honest. :) I think she has come to learn that just because a love has been established doesn't make it any less of a cause for joy and wonder. In fact, growing in shared experiences just deepens it. The shared history ought to make the love richer.
    But, foot, now I'm worried. She apparently goes to Ryloth and stays... but eventually leaves again--voluntarily or not? [face_worried]
    Woot!! The more this story progresses, the more I can't ... put it down. [face_laugh] Can't wait for the next update!!! :)

16. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    ?You have the audacity to talk about our so-called ?compatibility?? Alida, I never required you to pass any compatibility tests for me. All I did was love you and ask for the same in return, and that was enough for me.?

He closed his eyes, his jaw trembling. Then he turned and walked away.

Oh, Bruno!! *hugs him tight* I'm glad he told Alida a thing or two--she's only thought of herself in this situation. Not that she should put another above her self, necessarily, but she never really thought about how anything would affect poor Bruno.

And, man, I'm guessing this is just the beginning. I mean, it's only March. You still have 9 more months of torture to put us through with this fic, right? It's a year long, isn't it??

Can my heart take it?? :_|

;)

Great update, lady!

17. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    :_| Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Okay, I just had to get that out of my system. Poor Bruno! He deserves so much better than to be treated like that, but he's right:

?What you are, Alida, is a little girl who doesn?t really know what she wants. What it?s time for is you to grow up.?

We have the security of knowing what happens in the end, but I can feel Bruno's angst and devastation at Alida's callousness. Now...what's going to happen to bring them back together? [face_thinking]

Well done, Sister-pilot! =D=

18. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm glad Bruno had the courage to speak his mind. Makes Alida stop and think about all the why's and why-not's of her decision.

19. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005

Dito. And I'm with Bruno in this. How dare she, after three years.[face_frustrated]:(:_|
    I hope it will at least make hr thing.
    *whacks Alida*
    And I thought she was a TwiLek with brains. *sigh*

20. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    What wonderful updates! This is one of the stories I missed most while on vacation.

Poor Bruno!!! :_|

but I can't wait to find out what happens next...[face_thinking]

21. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Oh, geesh, Alida. :oops: She's so confused by what her traditions ask of her that she's so blind to the wonderful guy she has already. Good for Bruno for sticking up for himself. That was a horrible way to find out. Although, I'm not sure there'd be a more acceptable time to learn of the news. I wonder how Alida will come to remedy the situation. [face_thinking]

Lovely work, diva! @};-

P.S. - Thank you for the good luck wishes! Paraphrasing Han Solo here: "I'm gonna need it." ;)

22. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 15, 1999
    <Hermoine voice> "What. an. idiot." </> :oops:

ACK, Alida! :_| What to say? She thinks she's seeing clearly, but there's this big, pink elephant in the room:

?We are too different, Bruno. It would never work out between us,? I said sadly.

?It has so far,? he said angrily.

Poor Bruno. Totally blindsided. [face_beatup] :_|

Bruno stood up abruptly. He walked a couple of steps away from me, his posture stiff and his arms folded tightly. Then he turned quickly back to me and spoke, his voice harsh and low. ?So you?ve decided to leave me, then.? He took another breath and said angrily, ?What you are, Alida, is a little girl who doesn?t really know what she wants. What it?s time for is for you to grow up.?

Atta boy! **also hugs Bruno tightly**

We kinda saw this coming, but ouch! Looking forward to the next update...I think..... [face_worried]

[:D]

23. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    I felt sorry for Bruno but I can understand him, heck, I would have reacted the same way.

They have experience with love, with life, with loss, and those experiences are important. They make a person understand what a precious gift love is. I don?t think either of them underestimates the rare treasure of finding someone who truly loves you.

That part really got to me, it was very beautiful.

Fantatsic update and thanks for the pm.

24. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Jade_eyes: I think he would have been more accepting, just as devastated, but willing perhaps to believe and accept her choice, if Alida had once said she actually loved Bontran.

That?s very true. Having compatibility with someone isn?t the same as loving them. That?s why love comes from the heart, not the brain. You can?t apply logic to love![face_shame_on_you]

The comparison/contrast Alida drew between new and settled love was very moving and honest. I think she has come to learn that just because a love has been established doesn't make it any less of a cause for joy and wonder. In fact, growing in shared experiences just deepens it. The shared history ought to make the love richer.

Thank you! Alida is learning about love and about herself. Unfortunately, the lessons can be painful. From the point from which she?s narrating, though, she understands completely.[face_love]

But, foot, now I'm worried. She apparently goes to Ryloth and stays... but eventually leaves again--voluntarily or not?

Hmm. Will she be a submissive, docile, decorative Twi?lek female? Or will she make trouble for herself?[face_worried]

Woot!! The more this story progresses, the more I can't ... put it down. Can't wait for the next update!!!

Thank you! I?m flattered!![:D]

Ginchy: Oh, Bruno!! *hugs him tight* I'm glad he told Alida a thing or two--she's only thought of herself in this situation. Not that she should put another above her self, necessarily, but she never really thought about how anything would affect poor Bruno.

She?s trying to be rational and logical, and she?s starting to realize that you can?t apply those things to love. The first lesson was in discovering how much damage her decision has done to Bruno. She didn?t realize how hard he would take this.:_|

And, man, I'm guessing this is just the beginning. I mean, it's only March. You still have 9 more months of torture to put us through with this fic, right? It's a year long, isn't it??

Yep, months more. Lots of adventures for Alida to run into! Thank you!:D

Jade_Pilot: Poor Bruno! He deserves so much better than to be treated like that, but he's right.

Unfortunately, Alida doesn?t know what she has until it?s gone. She?s convinced herself this is what she wants, to go back to her homeworld and live a traditional life. But they say the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, right?;)

We have the security of knowing what happens in the end, but I can feel Bruno's angst and devastation at Alida's callousness. Now...what's going to happen to bring them back together?

Bruno?s pretty torn up, and he may not be in the mood to listen to her. But first, she has to decide whether or not she wants to stay on Ryloth. [face_worried] Thanks for reading!

Jedi_2B: I'm glad Bruno had the courage to speak his mind. Makes Alida stop and think about all the why's and why-not's of her decision.

Thank you! Yes, this conversation is important for Alida to hear. She has to face the consequences of her actions. It does make her rethink her decisions.[face_worried]

MsLanna: And I'm with Bruno in this. How dare she, after three years.

*whacks Alida*
    And I thought she was a TwiLek with brains. *sigh*

LOL! Thanks! Bruno has been patient, but there comes a time when your good nature is mistaken for stupidity. Bruno won?t be played for a fool. Alida has to realize this. [face_shame_on_you]

Blue_Milkshake: What wonderful updates! This is one of the stories I missed most while on vacation.

Poor Bruno!!! but I can't wait to find out what happens next...

Thank you! The next few updates have Alida leaving Coruscant. Bruno will have to find something (or someone?) else to keep his mind off his ex-girlfriend.:eek:

MirandaFair: She's so confused by what her traditions ask of her that she's so blind to the wonderful gu

25. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Our transport lifted through the bright spires of Capital City, and into the atmosphere of Coruscant. We were soon through the preliminary part of our journey, and we settled in for the long trip to Ryloth. Our itinerary was to take us first to the city of Sallorca, where Jarron?s clan lived. There we would meet Mother and celebrate the wedding of my sister Tisa and her intended, Jarron?sallorca.

I watched as Tisa and Jarron talked together. I envied them. They seemed truly happy. The match was indeed fitting for them. Jarron was attentive and indulgent. He enjoyed surprising her with little gifts, and she catered to him in return.

They spent so much time together that I did not get to see her much on the way over. Finally, after supper on the second evening, Tisa slipped into my cabin and closed the door behind her. She was radiant.

I smiled back at her. ?You are so happy that it would be impossible not to catch your joy!? I laughed.

?I am happy,? she said, coming over to embrace me. ?I am so lucky. Uncle Dabbonar has found me a wonderful man, sister. Everything is changing in our lives, Alida. We are embarking on the most exciting time!?

?Tell me about your new home,? I urged, patting the bed and motioning for her to sit closer.

Tisa?s lekku swished in happy anticipation, signaling her approval. ?He tells me that he has a residence that is well-appointed. He showed me holos. It is what I have always dreamed of.? She leaned in closer. ?His family is progressive. They do not have women?s quarters and men?s quarters. I will live with him, and if he is not there, his home will be my home. ?

Although Clan Navarth did not separate the genders within the family clans, it was an older but still quite common practice in many prestigious clan families to maintain a kind of ?harem? quarters for the women. I was glad for her that she would be in a familiar setting. ?Jarron is providing nicely for you, dear Tisa. You will want for nothing.?

Her lekku turned suddenly, an involuntary fearful response. ?I am lucky, Alida. It is not safe to be without a clan to protect you. Imagine if Uncle Dabbonar had not provided for my future, or if he had traded me off to just anyone.?

?Uncle Dabbonar was well rewarded, I am sure,? I said wryly. ?Have you seen the terms of the marriage contracts??

The corner of her mouth raised up in a slight smile. ?No. Have you??

I sighed. ?No. It has been taken care of by Uncle Dabbonar and our intended husbands? fathers. But I can imagine that Dabbonar must have offered something significant in exchange for connections to the political power of Clan Parrul and the wealth of Clan Sallorca.?

Tisa shrugged. ?Whatever it was, it is not our decision to make. But that is in the past now. Our new lives will be starting soon, and we have been very fortunate.?

She pulled back and held my hands, and her smile slipped away a little. ?Only one thing saddens me. We will not see each other as much anymore,? she said wistfully. ?Over the last few weeks, I have come to depend on you so much, Alida. I will miss you.?

My lekku waved in reassurance. ?We will always be close, Tisa. I promise to contact you all the time.?

?I will contact you every week,? she promised. ?Even when we are old wives with all our little ones running about, I will always be in touch with you.? We hugged each other tightly. Whatever the future held for us, my sister and I would always have each other for support.

Later that evening, I was sitting in my cabin, arranging plans for Tisa?s wedding banquet, when Bontran entered. He greeted me with a kiss and sat down in the chair across from me. ?We should be arriving at Ryloth tomorrow,? he announced. ?All seems to be on schedule.?

I sighed, relieved. ?Thank the ancestors and the Guardian,? I said. I scooped up my data cards and began to file them away.

Bontran leaned in, his expression concerned. ?Alida, would you do me a favor?? he asked. He looked at me with those big eyes.

I laughed. ?Of course, Bontran. What can I do for you?? I twist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.