main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Keeper of Memories~ "Dear Diary chlg," (OCs, L/M ) ~*~ Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by divapilot, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Oh my goodness! :eek: Alida, honey "GET OUT NOW!!"

Great update as usual, but I love the shadows that are now becoming exposed. The whole daughter-in-law dynamics here is so intense and spirit breaking.

Favorite line: "But foremost among all the memories that arose, I remembered a man?s voice whispering my name with such devotion and love that it made my heart pound and my breath quicken. With a start, I recognized that voice as Bruno?s."

I just love Bruno!

Bravo, Sister-pilot! =D=

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nula's just plain vindictive. :mad:
    :_| Poor Ali!! She's past second thoughts now. =D= ;) She needs to hightail it out of there!! Could someone in her family help her somehow? o_O
    I, too, like other readers, am on the edge of my seat. :D

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    This is all so real and heart-breaking. I love how all the characters have a voice and a reason behind their horrible actions. Poor Alida. I can only hope she has the strength to make it through this... and escape!! And soon. I'm not sure how much more she or I can take! ;)

4. SilverCat

SilverCat Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2007
    Fantastic post!! =D=

A vision appeared to me of all the years of my life in this family stretching on like a long road as I stood in the shadows, a voiceless, insignificant ghost of a person.

The imagery here gave me the chills. I love the phrase "ghost of a person." I can almost see her slowly fading away over time...

Alida, girl, you are better than this!

But foremost among all the memories that arose, I remembered a man?s voice whispering my name with such devotion and love that it made my heart pound and my breath quicken. With a start, I recognized that voice as Bruno?s.

There we go. Now she's starting to come to her senses. (I hope!)

Wonderful, wonderful update!!:D

5. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    So it is just about power again....[face_worried] you made Nula more cuel than I originally thought. She wants her husband to be successful? How noble.... what is she going to gain from this while being closed away in the house and not allowed to speak.[face_thinking]

What I am wondering about though is, is Alida going to talk to Bontran before she finally puts on her running shoes or will she just see that she gets away as fast as possible? ...Just to see if the men have at least have a little clue about what is going on ... :D

cheers,

VeryBusy

6. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Aw, now you made me cry!:_| :_|
    All those stabs and always demurely swallowing all. I hope she bursts soon.:(
    And Bontran:mad:
    I get the feeling he doesn't even care. Serves him right when Alida leaves him, but I'm afraid he'd even call himself a lucky man to be rid of such an assertive woman.

7. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I don't think Bontran would offer much consolation, even if she did complain to him. He probably thinks that's the way it should be.

Run to Bruno, fast!!

8. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I think the penny's finally dropped for her - but how will she convince Bruno to give her another chance?

And I hope she can find a way to give her 'sister' what's coming to her.

9. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    OMG, I really want her to get out. I loved the update, it?s so dark in another way then when someone turn to the dark side, it?s a lot more real life darkness in it. Amazing =D=

10. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Jade_Pilot: Great update as usual, but I love the shadows that are now becoming exposed. The whole daughter-in-law dynamics here is so intense and spirit breaking.

Thank you, Sister Pilot! Alida?s in a tight spot. She finds herself in what amounts to an indoctrination, and she just isn?t ready for submission.

Jade_Eyes: Nula's just plain vindictive.

Well, Nula has issues, that?s for sure.

Poor Ali!! She's past second thoughts now. She needs to hightail it out of there!! Could someone in her family help her somehow?

No one can contact her, and she can?t get word out. She?s gonna have to do this on her own. But she is resourceful and persuasive. Thank you for reading and replying!

Ginchy: This is all so real and heart-breaking. I love how all the characters have a voice and a reason behind their horrible actions. Poor Alida. I can only hope she has the strength to make it through this... and escape!

The women have reasons for what they do, and Alida is discovering that she doesn?t like the deals they have cut for themselves. She will have to dig down and find the steel to work this out! Thank you, Ginchy!

SilverCat: Now she's starting to come to her senses. (I hope!)

Thank you so much! I appreciate it. Yes, Alida is realizing what she gave up is hardly the same as what she is getting. You don?t appreciate something until it is gone.

Verybusy: So it is just about power again....

Pretty much. And the power is not evenly distributed, so someone is always trying to subvert someone else.

She wants her husband to be successful? How noble.... what is she going to gain from this while being closed away in the house and not allowed to speak.

Nula?s entire existence is so closely tied to his success that it is the only thing she has; it is how she defines herself. She is obsessively possessive of it.

What I am wondering about though is, is Alida going to talk to Bontran before she finally puts on her running shoes or will she just see that she gets away as fast as possible? ...Just to see if the men have at least have a little clue about what is going on ...

Alida has to get out of the women?s quarters first, and Bontran her only way out since Nula controls the only key. She?s lacing up those running shoes fast.

MsLanna: All those stabs and always demurely swallowing all.

What doesn?t break you makes you stronger, and Alida doesn?t want to be broken.

And Bontran - I get the feeling he doesn't even care. Serves him right when Alida leaves him, but I'm afraid he'd even call himself a lucky man to be rid of such an assertive woman.

An assertive Twi?lek woman is an oxymoron. He doesn?t really know what to do with her, and he assumes she knew what a traditional wife?s role would require from her. After all, the other wives aren?t complaining.

Thank you for your reply!

Jedi-2B: I don't think Bontran would offer much consolation, even if she did complain to him. He probably thinks that's the way it should be.

Bontran and Bruno are two very different men. Bontran wouldn?t really understand Alida?s dilemma. In their society, women serve men, and that?s the end of the story. Thanks for replying!

JadeLotus: I think the penny's finally dropped for her - but how will she convince Bruno to give her another chance?

That?s the trick ? even if she can get out, she didn?t leave things well with Bruno. She is realizing her terrible mistake, but will he even want to talk to her?

Thanks so much for your reply!

Star_Angel: I really want her to get out. I loved the update, it?s so dark in another way then when someone turn to the dark side, it?s a lot more real life darkness in it.

Thanks, Star_Angel. That?s very true. People?s cruelty doesn?t require the dark side, just the darkness and frustrations of their own hearts.

11. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    In the immortal words of the chef from Little Mermaid, "Zut alors, I have meesed one!"

Wow--Isn't it sad how the most beautiful looking fruit may in fact be totally rotten on the inside? Clan Parrul is a rotten fruit! And it's doubly sad that our Alida had to find this out for herself.:_|

12. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Blue_Milkshake: Thank you! Yes, what looked so right at first is becoming painfully wrong. Alida has realized what a mistake she has made by rushing into things. [face_worried]

Again, after the evening meal, the men retired and the women walked back to the women?s quarters. I had only just sat down to my small meal when a servant approached the table.

?Forgive me, honored clan mistresses,? the servant said. ?Master Bontran requests Sienn Navarth?s presence.?

Nula smiled charmingly. ?Your intended husband desires you, sister.? She shooed me with her hand. ?Go quickly! Leave your meal. Do not make him wait for you!?

Usilla picked at her food again, dully taking random bites and leaving most of it. I looked longingly at the small bowl that had just been put out for me to eat. My stomachs twisted and growled hungrily. Nula smiled broadly. ?Ah, yes. Your dinner.? She summoned another servant over. Handing her my bowl, Nula said, ?Throw this away. Sienn Navarth will not be dining here tonight.? And with that, my meal for the day vanished.

The servant led me to Bontran?s small residence in the compound. I knocked, and moments later the door opened. Bontran?s eyes lit up and he pulled me inside. I winced as he grabbed my sore wrist, careful not to let Bontran see the damage. He wrapped his arms around me, his lekku twisting around my own, and began to trail kisses across my neck. I tried to respond, but I smelled something appetizing in the air and my stomachs growled again.

?A whole day away from you, Alida,? he breathed, in between kisses. ?I missed you so.? His hands traveled up my lekku, then came to rest on my shoulders. His fingers slid underneath the straps of my top.

Still, my mind was elsewhere. There was food in this room, and I had only had one small bowl of rycrit stew last night. My head ached with hunger. ?Bontran,? I said, trying to divert his attention. ?I?m so hungry. Can I eat with you, please??

Bontran stopped his caresses and looked at me curiously. ?What a silly thing to ask. Of course we can eat together.? His smile grew sly again, and he pressed himself closer. His hands traveled back along my arms and down my lekku. ?But I would like to have my dessert first,? he laughed.

I forced a smile as he continued his caresses. My memory went back to an afternoon in my father?s office at the restaurant, and a handsome human who sat nervously across from Father. His words were burned into my deep memory: [i]?Sir, I respect your clan daughter Alidan?avarth so much that I would not impose my desires on her,?[/i] he had said. My eyes stung suddenly, so I closed them tightly as Bontran led me to his bedroom.

Finally, Bontran allowed me to go into the small kitchen, where leftovers from the men?s meal sat wrapped on the table. I eyed them covetously. Tentatively, I reached out to take a small piece of meat.

Bontran laughed. ?Father is right. You [i]are[/i] obsessed with food.? He unwrapped the meal and placed some of the meat and a few vegetables in a bowl, then set it in front of me. I tried not to be too eager, but once I tasted the hearty slices of meat and felt the warm gravy on my lips, I closed my eyes as my lekku writhed in ecstasy. There was more to eat in this one plate of leftovers than I had eaten in two days. I paced myself, trying not to make myself sick on the sudden nourishment.

Bontran came over and stood behind me while I ate, stroking my lekku. Finally sated with food, I leaned back. He reached around me and kissed my lips. ?We have only this one night together, Alida,? he murmured. ?Then I must go on the assignment for my father and I won?t see you for another week. I will have to leave you behind.? His hands began to travel along my back.

I sighed. All I wanted to do was to rest. I had practiced dancing for hours today, and my muscles were sore. I had finally gotten to eat. I was so tired. Bontran grasped my arm and pulled me up from the chair.

?At least I know that when I come back from the miner?s meeting, I will have you waiting for me

13. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    hi-ya! First post!

From that moment on, I stopped trying to revive a dream that was built on flaws to begin with. It was time to go home.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!! =D= :D [face_dancing] =D= :D [face_dancing]

Oh, I'm so happy!!! :D

Oh, lady. This chapter just tore up my heart! But the ending... I'm feeling light as a feather.

Great, great update!! =D=

14. SilverCat

SilverCat Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2007
    First, =D= for another awesome update!

Then he struck me across the face so hard that I staggered backwards, losing my balance and falling to the floor.
    I looked up through my tears at Bontran. His lekku switched back and forth, and his face was contorted in embarrassment and concern. He looked painfully down at me, hesitated, then turned and walked out of the room behind his brother.

:eek:...:mad: :mad:

But then:

I stopped crying and pulled myself up from the floor. Taking a deep, ragged breath, I felt something within me throw off its suppression and rear up in indignation. I had had enough. From that moment on, I stopped trying to revive a dream that was built on flaws to begin with. It was time to go home.

What great imagery here, showing Alida finally (!) getting it.
    *cheers* Hooray Alida, you figured it out! Now the question is, how is she going to get herself out of there??

This is all so fantastically real, divapilot. Every post leaves me wanting more :D.

Great job!=D=

15. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Run, Alida, run!!!
    Can't believe all that scheming. And Bontran doesn't even care what's ging on in the women's quarters.
    Alida's so right: time to go home.[face_not_talking]

16. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Good thing she came to her senses!

17. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Something shattered in my heart then, and the tiny spiderweb fractures raced along my veins. This was the moment. I balanced on an edge -- the thousand pieces of my dream would either break apart, leaving me splintered into countless irretrievable shards, or they would reseal themselves into something stronger. I knew that somehow the decision I made in that moment would determine the rest of my life.

Your words are so beautiful!

Alida is such a brave and intelligent woman. I can't wait to see how she sets her plan into motion.

18. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    "I stopped crying and pulled myself up from the floor. Taking a deep, ragged breath, I felt something within me throw off its suppression and rear up in indignation. I had had enough. From that moment on, I stopped trying to revive a dream that was built on flaws to begin with. It was time to go home."

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! You go girl, as hard and fast as your little legs can take you. I'm so disappointed in Bontran. But it seems to be the final straw, so-so be it!

Now she just has to figure a way to get out of there.

Fantastic update, Sister-pilot! =D=

19. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Yay, she's finally come to her senses! Even if Bruno doesn't take her back (tho we know he does), she'd be better off never getting married than to be part of that clan.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nula's a piece of work isn't she? She probably took it to start with just to make Alida look a fool. :mad: And Bontran!! I'd like to feed him to the voxyns! :mad:
    Butt this:
    Something shattered in my heart then, and the tiny spiderweb fractures raced along my veins. This was the moment. I balanced on an edge -- the thousand
    pieces of my dream would either break apart, leaving me splintered into countless irretrievable shards, or they would reseal themselves into something
    stronger. I knew that somehow the decision I made in that moment would determine the rest of my life.

I stopped crying and pulled myself up from the floor. Taking a deep, ragged breath, I felt something within me throw off its suppression and rear up in
    indignation. I had had enough. From that moment on, I stopped trying to revive a dream that was built on flaws to begin with. It was time to go home.

Everybody say YES BABY, it's about time!!! =D= :)

21. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Ohhh, that Nula's clever.

Beautifully written, diva! I'm glad the girl has finally seen sense, it is unfortunate that it literally had to be beaten into her [face_worried]

22. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Yes, most definately time to go HOME

23. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Ginchy: This chapter just tore up my heart! But the ending... I'm feeling light as a feather.

Thanks! Yes, Alida has made her decision. There was a line, and this just crossed it. [face_shame_on_you]

SilverCat: What great imagery here, showing Alida finally (!) getting it. *cheers* Hooray Alida, you figured it out! Now the question is, how is she going to get herself out of there??

She?s going to have to need some help! She?s gotten herself in there pretty deep.[face_worried]

This is all so fantastically real, divapilot. Every post leaves me wanting more.

Thank you so much! What a sweet thing to say.[:D]

MsLanna: Can't believe all that scheming. And Bontran doesn't even care what's ging on in the women's quarters. Alida's so right: time to go home.

Twi?lek women have a bad reputation for being very competitive, but when you lock them up and tell them they are only valued for as much as the men think they are worth, then you can see why. Alida?s discovered that she doesn?t want to play these vicious games. :(

Thank you for replying!O:)

Feng_Huang: Good thing she came to her senses!
    And just in time, it seems! Thanks!:)

Blue_Milkshake: Your words are so beautiful! Alida is such a brave and intelligent woman. I can't wait to see how she sets her plan into motion.

Thank you so much! Alida needs to get out. She needs to save herself.O:)

Jade_Pilot: You go girl, as hard and fast as your little legs can take you. I'm so disappointed in Bontran. But it seems to be the final straw, so-so be it!

Thanks for the reply, sister pilot! Yes, it?s time to hike up the skirt and take off running! She expected more from Bontran, but Bontran went with his culture and not with his heart. Bruno wouldn?t have allowed that at all.:cool:

Jedi-2B: Yay, she's finally come to her senses! Even if Bruno doesn't take her back (tho we know he does), she'd be better off never getting married than to be part of that clan.

She would not do well. She would either become like the others or she would disappear completely. She?s right ? time to go. Thank you!:D

Jade_Eyes: Nula's a piece of work isn't she? She probably took it to start with just to make Alida look a fool. And Bontran!! I'd like to feed him to the voxyns! Everybody say YES BABY, it's about time!!!

Yes, you are right. The entire thing with the necklace was a test to see if Alida would obey her, and Alida failed it. Now Alida knows if she disobeys Nula again, Nula will get Ralloud to smack her. Bontran doesn?t like what he sees, but he would not go against his older brother. [face_worried]

Definitely time to leave. Thanks for the great reply![:D]

JadeLotus: Ohhh, that Nula's clever. I'm glad the girl has finally seen sense, it is unfortunate that it literally had to be beaten into her

Nula is not dumb. She is a very talented manipulator, but then again, she has to be. As a woman, she is denied a legitimate voice. But Alida has taken enough and refuses to be abused. [face_not_talking]
    Thanks for reading and replying, JadeLotus. :D

maramijade: Yes, most definately time to go HOME

You said it! Thanks! :)

24. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Entry 18.

The next day Nula threw the blanket off of me to awaken me.

?Get up,? she scowled. I got up. She put her face close to mine. ?Didn?t I tell you not to bother Bontran with any of your stupid nonsense? Didn?t I? I warned you.? Rage burned in her eyes. ?That?s what you get. Never disobey me. Never,? she hissed, turning on her heels and storming out of my room.

I rose shakily to my feet and got ready for the day. Soon it was time to serve Bontran his first meal. Surely he would notice this chaos I was living in and say something. He would not allow this. But then again, he had said nothing when Ralloud had struck me, hadn?t he? I vowed to speak to Bontran that very night.

I managed to get through the first meal, then cleaned up the room in preparation for midmeal, where I planned to tell him to summon me that evening. My idea was to have Bontran summon me in order to get me out of the women?s quarters, then I would demand my freedom. To my surprise, we were not called to serve the men again. ?What has happened?? I asked a servant. ?Where are they??

The servant looked about furtively. ?I hear that the situation with the miners has gotten very bad. There are rumors of sabotage. The men left early and will not be back for a while.? My blood went cold. I had hoped to talk to Bontran, but he had already left.

Days went by, without word to us. Finally, one evening, a servant approached Nula as she sat beside the reflecting pool. ?Mistress, your husband has returned early. He has summoned you,? she said to Nula. I could see Nula stiffen. ?He is not in a good humor, mistress,? the servant warned. Nula paused, processing the information, then raised her chin and stood up. Without a word, she walked out of the women?s quarters.

That night, I could not sleep. If Ralloud was back, then the men had returned, and I was determined to find a way to speak to Bontran. I had to choose my words carefully so as not to anger him, or he could send me away dishonored. Suddenly, I heard the gate to the women?s quarters slide shut.

I quietly looked out and was shocked by what I saw. Nula stepped from the shadow into the light, and I gasped. One eye was swollen shut. She held her arm across her ribs as she walked, and the other hand steadied herself against the wall. Still, she managed to make it to her room. A moment later, a servant slipped in behind her. The servant carried a small box.

I raised my hand to my mouth as I suddenly realized in horror what had been happening. Nula was enraged at me because Ralloud beat her. Her marriage was one of violence, and since she couldn?t fight back, she had been taking out her own frustration and anger on the easiest target: me.

When I saw Nula later that day, most of her injuries were cleverly concealed by cosmetics and by her clothing. That morning at first meal, Nula served her husband obediently, as if nothing had happened. None of the Parrul men seemed to even notice her trembling hands or swollen eye. Nula?s fate made me more determined to escape. As I poured his beverage, I leaned close to Bontran and whispered, ?Please, call for me. I need to see you.? He smiled and nodded.

However, the men disappeared again by dinner. My hopes of Bontran returning were dashed as the hours became days. What was I to do? I spent my time either in stifling boredom, with nothing to do for hours at end except practice my dancing, or in moments of terror as Nula went on another rage. I knew that if I did anything more than defend myself, Nula would manipulate Ralloud into beating me himself. Everything I had trained for or learned was wasted and useless. I was nothing more than ornamentation, a commodity in a financial exchange between two clans.

At night, alone in my room, I prayed and meditated and remembered the lessons taught by the Guardian. Aaylas?ecura was a woman of strength and honor. She gave me the courage to endure another day, not knowing if I would be alone and forgotten again, or if I would have to think quickly to avoid Nula?s treachery or Ralloud?s viole

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superfine update!! =D= Now that's one conversation I cannot wait for!! :) :) :) Alida's finally made the great discovery that who she is inside is what counts, not her biological or cultural heritage, though of course that's part of it. Woot!! I love how you're pacing this story, relating to Bruno and Alida finding each other again. I feel that getting close again is a process and one I happen to enjoy watching. [face_love] ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.