main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Kessel Run | 12 Weeks, 11 Writing Prompts, 1 Wild Fanfic Challenge | Thanks for a great Run!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ViariSkywalker, Jan 1, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Quick clarification question, please.

It needs to be a character that the author dislikes, correct? Not a character disliking another character?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
  2. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Correct, the character should be one that you, the author, dislike. Whether the reasons for disliking the character are in-universe (they're utterly depraved or conniving or *insert other terrible qualities*) or out-of-universe (maybe they were poorly-written or just didn’t click with you) is entirely up to you.

3. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Forgot to reply to this! :oops:

@Mira_Jade has been writing fic for Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility over in NSWFF, and she's got a whole mini 'verse now, and the character in question is Mr. John Willoughby, creep extraordinaire (and not in a fun or interesting way). o_O :p I had only seen the movie once before reading Mira's fics, but it didn't really matter because they are amazing, and I highly encourage anyone who enjoys Austen or stories from that time period or just beautiful writing in general to check them out! [face_batting]

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
  5. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Sneaking mine under the wire, too: Sleepless featuring Ezra contemplating his return from the Unknown Regions.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
  6. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  7. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Got my week 7 up! "Le Premier Meurtre" (and I forgot to add that I wrapped up my longer week 6 fic a couple days ago. :p)

8. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
  9. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    And I finished my week 8 fic earlier than expected: Her Father's Daughter

:* [:D]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
  10. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Having a tough time with this challenge—I re-watched an episode of Rebels with my disliked character (Bendu) in it for background and remembered exactly how much and why I dislike him. :p

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Watching 'The Godfather' again with the Corleone family had me coming with this part Following in his grandfather's footsteps with my famlily of criminals I hated all but with Ira becoming almost sympathetic. It was tough

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    It wasn’t easy, but I managed an entry for the week 8 prompt after all! I give you…

’Cause I Don’t

…featuring DJ from TLJ.

13. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I am working on my story, and it's about Edward from "Camp Lazlo", a show I love. It will be up tomorrow. It was hard finding a character I disliked.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  14. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Week 8: Finding Direction. Like Nehru_Amidala, I had a hard time finding a character I hated. I managed to find one that I think is seriously overused and therefore annoying, but that's really not his fault....

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
  15. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  16. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    All right, guys, you have until 11:59pm EST tonight to get your Week 8 stories posted if you haven't already done so! In the meantime, we're moving right along to our next prompt...

* * Week 9 * *

• Write a poem in any style/form, and of any length.
    • No word limit
    • Entries due Monday, March 14th at 11:59pm EST

There are many forms of poetry to choose from, but if you're looking for a jumping off point, here are some of the more well-known poetry forms: sonnet (including English and Italian), limerick, haiku, fixed verse, free verse, blank verse, villanelle, and ode. Of course, you can choose to do something entirely different! You have one week to write and post your poems!

I also want to quickly remind everyone that the long vignettes are due in four weeks, so if you're like me and you haven't made much progress, this is a good time to start thinking about it!

As always, have fun, and happy writing! :D

~~

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Poetry?

I absolutely loathe you in a completely fond and endearing way. :p

18. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    [face_batting] :*

Although now I'm a little worried about what prompt you're going to give me... :p

19. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I think this is where I have to draw my „get out of jail free“ card. Absolutley can‘t do poetry...

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I promise that your prompt wasn't at all in retaliation. [face_mischief] [face_batting] [face_whistling]

21. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Challenge accepted. [face_mischief] ;)

22. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Just a bit of clarification, please. Do you want just a poem, or can there be a few lines of story for context? Also, is the poem to be attributed to me as the poet, or can it be attributed to a fictional character?

Thank you.

23. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    A poem, huh? And here's me having already used the get out of jail free prompt. If only LianaMara could see me now :p

24. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    It can be any of those things, however you want to use it, as long as you write a poem. :)

This is a far more measured response than the initial text message I received from you. ;) [face_whistling] [face_mischief]

25. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Just as a general rule, I prefer to keep my flail-filled ranting to text message format rather than posting :p [face_not_talking]