main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Kessel Run | 12 Weeks, 11 Writing Prompts, 1 Wild Fanfic Challenge | Thanks for a great Run!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ViariSkywalker, Jan 1, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  2. rktho

rktho Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 29, 2020
  3. rktho

rktho Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 29, 2020
    Wait, when it says all stories must be posted in one thread, does that mean one thread for the challenge or one thread per prompt?

ViariSkywalker and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  4. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    That’s a good question.

ViariSkywalker likes this.
  5. rktho

rktho Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 29, 2020
    I may need to request some thread edits depending on the answer

ViariSkywalker and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    What kind of edits do you mean? For just a regular edit to a post, you can always do that yourself, as the fanfic forum has unlimited edit time after posting. For changes to titles, though, you would have to have a mod do that.

As to your original question, I am going to guess that the answer is one thread that contains all your responses to the various prompts from this challenge—that usually has been how it’s worked with challenges like this one. But our hostess @ViariSkywalker can confirm one way or the other. :)

Mira_Jade , ViariSkywalker and rktho like this.
  7. rktho

rktho Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 29, 2020
    Yes, if it's one story per thread, I would like a title change, as well as a prefix change, as my first story takes place Before The Saga in Legends. If it's one thread for all stories, however, that's different.

Findswoman and ViariSkywalker like this.
  8. rktho

rktho Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 29, 2020
    I have now posted my first story, Ki Murangen!

9. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    @Findswoman is correct, you should have only one thread, where you will post all of your responses. So your entries for Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, and so on, will all be posted in one single thread. :)

I'll be back shortly to get all of the response threads indexed properly!

EDIT:
    All of your threads are now listed in the index! If you end up making any changes to your thread titles, let me know so I can update the index!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Managed to get week 1 up in my post booster shot haze, but my fragile little muse was really inspired by the prompt! A Measure of Distance is now up.

11. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Could somebody in this case change the title in my story then?

12. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It's really easy to get the title for your story thread changed. Just PM one of us mods with the entire change you'd like to see to your title bar, as is instructed here, and we'll be happy to take care of that for you.

That said, it's fantastic to see so many participants already! This is shaping up to be such a great challenge! [face_dancing]

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi. :D

I officially wish to enroll in this challenge and have the first post up.
    Tasty Tidbits

14. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  15. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    The participants index has been updated with all of the new response threads! :D

I have to echo everything Mira said! It's great to see such a turnout only two days in, and I look forward to seeing more responses come in as we get closer to our first due date! ;)

16. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty! Call me crazy bold and daring, but I've decided to tackle a run for both SW and a NSW fandom. The SW one is going to be my preference, and we'll see how long my muse holds out with both, but for now I'm inspired and I'm gonna do it. [face_mischief] [face_dancing]

The Courage of Stars, is up on the SW side of things, and Love Betters What is Best is my NSW response, for Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility. [face_love]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  17. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Let's go with bold and daring. ;)

I have both of your threads in the index! We're off to a fantastic start, everyone! Four more days to get your Week 1 prompts in; let's see how many we can get... [face_batting]

18. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
  19. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Got it in! :D

20. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Okay, so I was 100% not going to do this because I hate word limits and have enough writing to keep me busy for years, but the week one prompt gave me an idea, I wrote it, and Vi said I had to post it. So I guess I'm in :p Here's my thread, Fragments of Jade

21. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    :* [face_batting]

I'm a bad influence, and I'm not the least bit sorry. [face_mischief]

(Also, you're in the index! ;))

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Neither am I sorry. Such a fact. :D [face_love]

23. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  25. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Great, I have you both in the index!

Two days until our first round of entries are due! Plenty of time to crank out 100 words... or 1,000. ;) Anyone else? [face_batting]