main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Kessel Run 2023 | 12 Weeks, 11 Prompts, 1 Wild Fanfic Challenge | Thanks for another great Run!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ViariSkywalker , Jan 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    [face_laugh] Awesome, welcome aboard! You're in the index. ;)

I've updated the index with all of your threads! We're off to a great start; I can't wait to see all the stories that come in this week! :D

EDIT: Oops, forgot some replies! :p

[face_mischief]

[face_whistling]

[face_mischief]

[face_rofl]

[face_tee_hee]

:*

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  2. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    All of these smiley choices are EXTREMELY WORRYING

3. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    [face_batting]

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    [​IMG]

5. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Here we go! Certainty, featuring everyone's favorite villain in the Skywalker Sidious Saga :emperor:

That Palpatine smiley is cuter than he has any right to be.

6. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Lol, it is. :p (And I've updated the index with your thread! [face_mischief])

7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    My thread is up: Intermezzi II, continued from last year's Intermezzi (yeah, I know, great title originality here) with the first story, Diversions, featuring the Legends version of Quinlan Vos.

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I am happy to have my Run started with Antigravity!

This is where the fun begins. :cool: [face_dancing]

9. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I have my story for week 1's prompt posted in my new multi-fandom medley Kessel Run Challenge thread:

Odds and Ends

10. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Nice! :cool: We're off to a strong start; it's so exciting to see more responses rolling in! The index has been updated with your threads! [face_dancing]

There are still three more days left to get your Week 1 entries in - plenty of time to write 100 words... or 1,000. [face_mischief]

11. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
  12. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Why did I not see this??? Sign me up!

13. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Got you both in! :D

14. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Okay, so here we go.

"Intersections" is my SW thread.

And since I have a huge mental block I'd like to get past when it comes to writing any fanfic that's not SW, I'm trying a NSWFF thread as well. "Ghost Stories" is my NSW thread for the US-version of the sitcom "Ghosts."

15. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007

This sounds fun and I'd like to sign up. May all our plot cows run free!

16. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  17. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
  18. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Just posted my Kessel Run collection thread: Zoochberry Cobbler

One good(?) thing about being sick is that I can share the misery with my poor characters. :p And so I present my story for Week 1, Such a Winter's Day.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  19. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    You guys are amazing! I have updated the index with all of your threads and added you to the list if you weren't already on it! :D

New prompt goes up tomorrow, and there's less than 24 hours left to get your Week 1 responses in! Who else is going to step up? [face_batting]

20. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
  21. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Excellent, index updated!

22. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Wow, we're off to a fantastic start! Before we get to this week's prompt, I just want to remind everyone that you still have until tonight at 11:59pm EST to get your Week 1 responses finished and posted! If you're still working on your entry or are trying to decide whether you should join the challenge, there's definitely time to do so!

And now, on to our next prompt...

* * Week 2 * *

• Write a story between 400 and 800 words using second-person POV in which a character is lost.
    • Word limit = 400-800 words
    • Entries due Monday, January 23rd at 11:59pm EST

That's it, that's the challenge for this week! For those of you who aren't familiar with or have never tried writing in second-person point-of-view, it is essentially a story in which the narrator is "you" rather than "I" (first-person) or "he/she/they/it/etc" (third-person). I'll use an example from the Revenge of the Sith novelization to illustrate:

You can hear yourself breathing. It comes hard, and harsh, and it scrapes nerves already raw, but you cannot stop it. You can never stop it. You cannot even slow it down.

Easy, right? [face_batting] And I look forward to seeing how you all tackle the lost character angle. ;) Your Week 2 entries are due one week from today. Remember to post your entries in the same thread that you started for your Week 1 fics. You may also, if you wish, post a link directly to your Week 2 entries here in this thread. Any questions can be posted here or sent to me via PM. Happy writing, everyone! :D

~~

23. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    More later but: I LOVE THIS

24. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Oooh, now I can get around to writing my Sandman/LAIKA-verse/TNBC crossover.

25. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    SECONDED!! [face_dancing] [face_love] (Heh, seconded. :p [face_tee_hee])