main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Kessel Run 2023 | 12 Weeks, 11 Prompts, 1 Wild Fanfic Challenge | Thanks for another great Run!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ViariSkywalker, Jan 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I can't top the kiwi-and-fish madness, so why even try? :p Week three is up: Repair

2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I am going to give you two options here.

Option 1 is that you write this story of your own free will and post it pronto. There is no word limit.

Option 2 is that I get on a plane, figure out where you live and make you write it at gunpoint. Again, no word limit.

I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE. You have no excuse for keeping it from me. *waves hand* You will write this story. Please? Pretty please? Very, very pretty please?

3. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
  4. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    [face_rofl][face_rofl]

I'll write it! But right now I have a mostly developed character in search of a story, so I'll have to find that story first :p

5. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
  6. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    My fellow fearless participants in the Kessel Run Challenge, I am pleased to announce that I have managed to finish the long 2000+ word vignette with a reverse narrative.

A Meditation on the Deplorable

7. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    @devilinthedetails That's awesome that you were able to finish your final vignette so quickly! We're actually going to wait until Week 12 to post those stories; I apologize if that wasn't clear in the original post. Feel free to leave your fic up if you'd like; everyone else, please wait until Week 12 to post your final entries! :)

8. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @ViariSkywalker Oh, oops, my mistake! Sorry for being a bit too much of an eager beaver[face_blush]

And thank you again for hosting this wonderful challenge that has been a great source of inspiration for me so far this year[:D]

9. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    No problem! It's not as clear in the OP as I thought it was. :p I'll have to remedy that. I'm glad you're getting so much inspiration out of the challenge so far! It's been fun watching everyone respond to the prompts in such unique ways. :D

10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  11. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Here is my Week Three entry: Not Like Mom Does It, which gave me an excuse to add another cute kid to my 'verse :D

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is the internet so I am not clicking on a link named Not Like Mom Does It but I'm confident the story is brilliant.

13. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Apologies for the lack of reviews, next installment and reviews will be up tomorrow!

Third part is now up!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  14. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Both of my Week 3 entries are now posted.

15. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
  16. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Good morning, everyone! It's Monday once again, and that means it's time for our next prompt! As a reminder, you still have time to post your Week 3 entries if you haven't already done so. Those are due tonight at 11:59 EST. And now, on to...

* * Week 4 * *

• Write a story between 100 and 1,000 words that is predominantly action. You can have as many characters interacting as you want, and you can include introspection as long as it doesn't outweigh the action.
    • Word limit = 100-1,000 words
    • Entries due Monday, February 6th at 11:59pm EST

Like the prompt says, action is the name of the game this week, so while introspection can be included, action should be your focus. The type of action depicted is entirely up to you; if space battles or fight scenes aren't your thing, there are many other ways you can write an action-filled scene. Your fics are due one week from today! Remember, you do have the option of taking one "bye week" (to be made up during or before Week 11) or of using the "get out of jail free" prompt as a substitute for one of the secret prompts. So if you're not feeling the prompt or need a break, those options are there. Good luck, and happy writing! [face_dancing]

~~

17. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
  18. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    This had better be the prompt you said I'd be mad about, because if there's something worse in store, you're in trouble

19. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
  20. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I'm mad about it! It suits me just fine! But I'm 99.9 percent sure you mean angry ... [face_chicken]

21. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  22. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Is everyone writing poetry this week? [face_laugh]

I'm not much of an action writer myself, but I'm mostly okay with this prompt. Sure beats 2nd-person POV at any rate :p

(Admittedly, there's a minor plot bunny I've been toying around with for a few years, so I know where to start.)

I owe almost all of you one review or more [face_beatup] I spent most of the weekend catering to sick kids. Tomorrow everyone's back to school, so I'm hoping to make time for that!

23. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    . . . I actually love this week's prompt and have the perfect idea for it. :p

Though, that said, I can't wait to see what everyone else is inspired to write all the more so now! Even if it is the poetry "get out of jail free" prompt. [face_mischief]

24. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    "At first I was afraid, I was petrified..."

But then I looked over the prompt again and noted it reads "predominantly action"--not "100% bang bang boom boom," with no introspection whatsoever. Then I realized I have a few unused characters who aren't big, shall we say, on self-reflection (all outer life, and very little inner life) and remembered an old story scene idea from years past. Maybe I can do this after all.

(Besides which: I need to save that jailbreak card for the drabbles I know must be coming. Because it isn't a challenge on theforce.net without those.)

25. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    No poetry for me this week-- I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the new prompt. But the tables will turn when a relationship-based prompt hits like I fully expect it to.