main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Kessel Run 2024 | 12 Weeks, 11 Prompts, 1 Wild Fanfic Challenge | Thanks for a fantastic Run!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ViariSkywalker, Jan 1, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    So! Now that it's Tuesday and the deadline has passed, I'm officially going to have to take the bye-week for Week 7. I was out of town and didn't have as much time to write as I at first thought I would, which I'm going to call a sacrifice for the greater good. :p

But now! *cracks knuckles* I cannot wait to tackle Week 8. [face_mischief] [face_dancing]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
  2. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    I was going to say it needs to be a period, but you know what, let's live dangerously. You're free to change the punctuation mark at the end of the sentence to any other type of punctuation, be it comma, semi-colon, exclamation point, or something else. I'll edit that into the official post as well. ;)

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Thank you so much! That is very generous and extremely helpful, and I am not being sarcastic or ironic there in the least. <3

4. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I think this is going to be substitute prompt week for me, but I just have a question for that one.

Does a subversion of the trope count (specifically, two beds when the characters are expecting one) or does it have to be one bed, period? Thanks so much! :)

5. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    You're very welcome! [:D]

Let's stick with one bed, period, for this one. Other than that, you can subvert or zigzag the prompt however you like. ;)

6. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    My story for Week 8's secret prompt features villain Barty Crouch Jr. having to protect hero Harry Potter for a year during the Triwizard Tournament:

Protection through a Mad Eye

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  8. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    For the “one bed” trope prompt, do both characters sharing the bed have to be people? Could it be a pet (in this case a Loth-cat) hogging the bed?

9. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    For this they should be people/sentients!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
  10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I have some ideas but just want to check -

Can the bad guy protecting the good guy be doing it as past of a debt repaid kind of thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  12. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Yes, absolutely!

13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, week 8's in the bag with what one might call another Rogue One AU:

Will of Kyber

(EDIT: And yes, @ViariSkywalker, I just realized that it's "I always" instead of "I've always," and I just fixed it accordingly. :) Sorry about that! )

Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
  14. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    lol it's no problem, Finds ;)

15. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
  16. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2016
  17. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I think that needs to be Week Eight, not Six. ;)

19. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  20. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    Edited

21. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
  22. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I take the bye week for this week… just can‘t get it done properly until tomorrow.

23. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    I've marked you down for the bye week! The week 8 stories aren't due until midnight EST tomorrow, so if you happen to finish before then, let me know and I'll change it on my list. :)

24. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I finally got my finished, then set it up to publish it and relooked at the challenge and I think I might have slightly missed the objective. Oops.

The Nine Lives of Nyx Senka - a story of which, unsurprisingly, Nyx is the main character.

25. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Good morning, everyone! (Or afternoon, evening, etc. ;)) You have until 11:59pm EST tonight to get your Week 8 stories posted if you haven't already done so. I know this week was a tough one, but I believe you guys can do it! Let's get them in! In the meantime, we're moving right along to our next prompt. This one is going to be a little different from past Kessel Run prompts...

* * Week 9 * *

• Pick your least favorite piece that you’ve posted for this year’s (2024) Kessel Run challenge and rewrite it in a different genre, using between 300 and 1,200 words to do so.
    • Word limit = 300-1,200 words
    • Entries due Monday, March 11th at 11:59pm EST

That's right, we're revisiting stories we've already written for this challenge! If your least favorite piece was a tragedy, try rewriting it as a comedy, or transform romance into horror, or introspection into heart-pounding action. Change the genre however you like, so long as you do change it! You have one week to post your rewrites.

I also want to quickly remind everyone that the long vignettes are due in four weeks, and we will begin posting those during Week 12. This a good time to start thinking about what you'll write if you haven't already! And if you have any questions about the exchanged letters format, don't hesitate to ask. ;)

As always, good luck, and happy rewriting! [face_mischief]

~~
    Index of Prompts | Index of Participants

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024