main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Kessel Run - "Amazing Race"-type event at CIV - Monday, May 28th

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jawajames , Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Sadly my wife and I missed out on this cool event. Sure sounds like it was one hell of a fun time.

We won't be missing it for C5, that's for sure. ;)

2. MasterJay74

MasterJay74 Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2007
    Thanks Dunc for the image of the clue. Anyone else got anything?

3. JediKnightNick

JediKnightNick Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2007
    We saved all of the Jedi Knight level clues, but of course, they all have our writing on them. If you really want them, I can scan them and post them. Just let me know. Depending on how much work it is, I might even be able to edit our all or most of our writing.

The suDooku puzzle for the Jedi Knights was a full 9x9 Sudoku puzzle. Fortunately, you didn't have to solve the whole thing to figure out where to get your next clue since that was the first Sudoku puzzle either my fiance or I attempted to solve. I did solve the rest of it after we got home just for fun, but it's easier when there's no added pressure of running a race.

4. MasterJay74

Jun 24, 2007
    That would be awesome if you could do that and it wasn't too much trouble! We'd greatly appreciate it!! MTFBWY!!

5. JediKnightNick

Jun 3, 2007
    OK. I won't have time to do it tonight, but I'll try to remember to do it sometime over the weekend. I should have some free time to do it then.

6. MasterJay74

Jun 24, 2007
    That would be great, JediKnightNick!

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Our team was in the queue, but we signed up way too late. We were in the 30th position on the waiting list or something like that. Now I know to register early next time.

8. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Dark Lady Mara, if you had shown up on Monday morning, we would have let you in - we were taking in anyone from the waitlist because a bunch of registered teams never checked in. Unfortunately, we didn't know until that morning that so many teams would be no-shows. We did let in a handful of wait list teams that showed up, eager to get into the race.

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Bummer. Oh well, at least we know for next time.

10. JediKnightNick

Jun 3, 2007
    OK, these are a little later than I said they'd be, but here are the Jedi Knight Level Clues.

For all but the first clue, I erased all of our writing before I scanned them. I wrote on the first clue with an ink pen though so I tried to "Photoshop" out my writing as best I could. The Seek-N-Find was too hard to edit though so I just edited out the answers to the clues.

First, here is the back of the Passport. The clues lead you to one of the names listed here. Then, of course, you would go to the location listed for that name to get your next clue.
    Passport List of Names

Now, on to the clues.

Clue #1, Page 1
    Clue #1, Page 2

Clue #2

Clue #3

Clue #4

They knew this one would be kinda difficult with limited resources so they put up a list of possible answers to use. I can't find the scratch paper we wrote the list down on, but with resources like the Internet at your disposal, who needs it anyway, right?
    Clue #5

After you fill in the blanks for this clue, you were supposed to read them with some of those red and blue 3D glasses type things. Since you probably won't have those, use the letters circled in red for Vader's lines, and the letters circled in blue for Boba Fett's lines. I apologize in advance if some of the red and blue circles are hard to see.
    Clue #6

Clue #7

Clue #8

If you have any questions, let me know. Enjoy!

11. jorbex

jorbex Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2006
    Has anybody seen the new Bantha Tracks yet? There's a huge Kessel Run report, with lots of pictures, the list of winners in each category and more!
    It's a very cool report on a very cool event, and nothing beats seeing your picture in starwars.com, right?

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/banthaonline/f20070703/img/p2_4_bg.jpg

http://i16.tinypic.com/4k9bxw2.jpg

That´s me on the right of the image, by the way :D

And, JediKnightNick, thank you so much for those images of the clues, that's a piece of Star Wars history, right there.

12. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    you're now internet-famous!

13. JediKnightNick

Jun 3, 2007
    Was that you handing out the suDooku clues? I'm just asking because if that was you, you took a picture of my fiance and I while we were trying to solve the sudoku puzzle, and I was muttering under my breath about how much I hated sudoku. If that was you, I hope I didn't break your camera. I hope my ugly mug isn't why you were only able to get a picture of the Padawan level clue...

14. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    AWESOME picture Jorge AweSome!

15. jedimaster73

jedimaster73 Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2005
    Since I'm doubting that you'll be using the same questions next time - is there a way to post ALL of the questions/clues that were used so people like me who were working OPX and couldn't participate could see what it was all about? I know someone scanned them in, but could jawajames (or the person who ran it) post them or a link to the actual questions and such? I looked at the scanned SuDooku and couldn't figure out what was at the top.

You could then also link the site to someone who wants to know what the type of ? for each level would be for future comps.

Thanks.

16. MasterJay74

Jun 24, 2007
    Thanks JediKnightNick! These will definitely work. I competed in the Master level so I do have a pair of the blue and red 3D glasses. Thanks for taking the time to put these out there. MTFBWY...always!

17. JediKnightNick

Jun 3, 2007
    Obviously, I did the Knight level, but I'm curious how much more difficult the Master level questions were too. My fiance and I were torn between the Master & Knight level when we registered but went with the Knight level because we realize that there are those of you out there who know more than us. I'm wondering if we could've hacked the Master level.

At the top of the suDooku page are several screen captures from all 6 movies. In each one, someone is getting a limb cut off. You have to identify who is getting something cut off from the list of names below the pictures. After identifying who is losing a limb in each picture, you have to put them in chronological order. Those numbers when used with the identified numbers in the suDooku puzzle will then give you the name of where to go for the next clue. I'm sorry the resolution isn't better though.

You're most welcome.

18. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I'll have to check if I'm the one that ended up with most of the master questions for my team or not. I'm not exactly sure.

19. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    If you received an invite to fill out a web survey from GenCon about your C4 experience and thought that the Kessel Run was a big highlight of the convention for you, you could mention it on the survey. :)

20. jorbex

jorbex Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2006
    Already did, jawajames! Where it said: Name your favorite activity, I checked "other" and wrote in: Kessel Run! I urge everyone to do the same if we want a Kessel Run Pt. 2 in Celebration V.
    Let's show some support, people!

21. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    Nick, et al.

sorry about the delay! i finally got our website updated, and the complete clue sets are available to download as PDF files.
    www.sdrocketrace.com

22. jorbex

jorbex Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2006
    Cool! Thank you very much, jawajames, now we can all have our own set of clues :D Many friends have been asking me what the K-Run was all about, and now I can show them.
    Here's hoping we can do the Run once more at CV! [face_praying]

23. JediKnightNick

Jun 3, 2007
    Thanks for posting these. I'm looking forward to working through the Master level clues.

My team (my fiance and I) are even in one of the pictures in your photo album (#214).

Thanks again!

24. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    Hey gang... if you're still reading this, and you can get yourself to San Diego

Here's the latest news on the 2007 San Diego Rocket Race, brought to you by the same evil guys who made you race the Kessel Run at Celebration IV!

This year's theme is "Time Warp!"
    The race will be on Saturday, November 10, 2007.

Starting location:
    The Green Flash (sculpture) at Mission Beach / Belmont Park in San Diego.
    at the west end of Ventura Place, just north of Belmont Park & the Giant Dipper Roller Coaster)

Starting time:
    9:00 am

Entry fee:
    $25 per team. A team can be from 2-4 people.

For more info, come to http://www.sdrocketrace.com

We are also looking for a set of volunteers to help out on race day. If you're interested in helping out, just drop us a line.

Come do the Time Warp!

25. jorbex

jorbex Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2006
    Sounds like fun, JawaJames, sadly, I won't be able to join you (you know, living in Mexico, and all that). Hope you have fun, and here's hoping for a Kessel Run in Celebration V!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.