main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga The Killer of Ghosts: (post-ROTS), Ben, Vader, Leia, Sabé, OCs (Finished 4/29/07)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Knight-Ander, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    The Killer of Ghosts is the third part of the Doona Double Duology.
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9258539&replies=0]The Young Flames[/link] is part one, and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7970428&page=1]Along the Edges[/link] is part two.
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=12353271&replies=11]A Jedi for the Killing[/link] is the prelude to this story.

[b]Previously in the Doona Double Duology...[/b]

[blockquote][i]On the day Lieutenant Sau Doolane was suppose to marry Audré Doona, half-sister of Crauft Doona, Thane of the Great Southwestern Hills of Naboo, the Trade Federation, protesting the taxation of trade routes by the Galactic Senate, invaded the isolated planet of Naboo.

With the aid of two handmaidens to Queen Amidala, elected leader of Naboo, Doolane helped to establish a resistance against the Federation's forces. But the traitorous Crauft Doona, who does not approve of his sister's marriage to Doolane, kidnaps Audré to lure him away from his role in the resistance.

Tragically, just before Doolane can rescue his love, and just as a boy called Anakin Skywalker destroys the Trade Federation's droid-control ship, Audré dies at the hands of a battle droid under Crauft Doona's command. Thane Doona escapes persecution for his traitorous actions against Naboo, but not before setting-up Doolane who, in a moment of great grief, commits murder and is sentence to banishment on a prison planet.

Years later, having escaped prison and changing his name to Inni Doona in memory of his lost love, Audré, Doona befriends the gungun representative to the Galactic Senate, Jar-Jar Binks, the only being to speak in Doolane's behalf at his murder trial. Doona becomes Jar-Jar's personal pilot of a new freighter Jar-Jar christens[/i] Millennium Falcon[i].

But as the years passed, an empire rose and the protectors of the Republic, the Jedi Knights, were betrayed by one of their own, Anakin Skywalker, husband to the former Queen and current Senator of Naboo, Padmé Amidala, and father to her unborn children. Heartbroken from Anakin's betrayal, Padmé, along with the diminutive Jedi Master Yoda and the droids See-Threepio and Artoo-Detoo, escapes Emperor Palpatine and his minions on the [/i]Millennium Falcon[i] piloted by a reluctant Doona while Jar-Jar and Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi cover their retreat.

Days later, while in hiding on Yoda's home world of Dagobah, Padmé gives birth to twins, a boy and a girl, and learns much, but not all, about Doona's secret past. Dying of a heart broken by her former love, the former senator from Naboo put into motion a plan of action that would eventually take her to a place where her children could be hidden safely away from Emperor Palpatine and his new right-hand man, Darth Vader.

But her plan encountered an unexpected twist because she started doing something she didn't think she'd ever do again. In the weeks following the birth of her children, Padmé started to fall in love with her new companion, Inni Doona. Instead of going to Alderaan, and in an unprecedented moment of extreme emotional decisiveness, she left her children and the droids with a trustworthy woman taking the same flight Padmé had intended to, and rushed off to try and free Doona after learning of his capture by Imperial forces. With Artoo-Detoo's aid, she frees Doona and they escape on the [/i]Millennium Falcon[i].

Instead of going directly to Alderaan, Padmé and Doona stop at the estate of Kasha Barru, widow to the luxury space-liner baron Ben Barru, who, earlier in her life, went by the name of Sabé, decoy to Queen Amidala. There they leave a message for Obi-Wan Kenobi, having been assured that he still lived by Yoda before they departed Dagobah, where he could find them and the children if he ever contacted Kasha.

It was also there that Doona traded the [/i]Millennium Falcon[i] for a luxury yacht called [/i]Angel Blue[i]. But what Doona didn't know, was that the eloping couple who sold him the yacht were being>

2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    YAY!!! I'm the first one! And I swear by my bag of Jet-Stuffed Marshmallows (America's Favorite!) that I shall stay in this thread and not have to catch up tremendously!!!!!

Anywho...

I loved that you used the Song of Alderaan to set up the scene! That was quite good. LOL, I liked how Leia was all grass-stained! That's so cute!

"Get me Inni Doona."

::shivers:: Wow, that was a really good ending. Cliff-hangar-ish, but not, ya know?

Very good start, and an excellent post!

~~Sillé Yané~~

3. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    And I think I've got the second post, if I'm lucky and type really, really fast.

Fascinating so far, you've got me completely drawn in. I knew from the start that the girl was Leia, and I loved the description of her on Alderaan as a little girl, and I'm very, very curious about the source and information present.

Thanks for the notification, by the way, I wouldn't have wanted to miss this! I can already tell that it's going to be good.

4. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I think I'm third which isn't too bad! At long last KOG has started!!!! And I have to say that it is living up to all my expectations since reading the trailer back in January! :)

Your picture of Alderaan was so vivid - I was there! :) Who is the woman Bail was talking to? What is Bail going to tell Inni? Can't wait to find out! :)

5. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    ARgh how did I show up as 4th? Oh well, faster next time I guess ?? :p

Anyway, great start! Nice recap there, very complete! And I love the start, with the song of Alderaan and everything, so beautiful!

6. Padawan_Laurianna

Padawan_Laurianna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2002
    YAY! Finalmente! I'm fifth! Woohoo. :D

Excellent opening (and good idea on the summarizing secton about the other stories, very helpful) very descriptive, poetic and tangible. As if you were describing a day I could know well or the movements of a camera for a film. Clear beautiful and it is an excellent way to (re)introduce our characters at first by description only. There is a beautiful flow from outside to in as you moved to Bail Organa and his conversation with someone. Is this someone who I think it is? Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see. I won't say anything. [face_mischief] But you should know who I mean, Ander. There was so much beauty (as I become uber-redundant) in your words that I wanted to linger on them even though I was so franticly excited to read more that I wanted to speed through it. And the implications of the conversation between Bail and someone were well hinted in their pseudo-code-speak.

Impressive, most impressive. :)

Sigh. Can't wait for more. Must be off.

Uppity up Up UP!!!

:D L

7. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
  8. Padawan_Laurianna

Aug 17, 2002
    Uppity up Up UP!!!

9. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, better late than never. I finally made it. ;)

It was absolutely fantabulous, Ander. The description was awesome, and using the wind to introduce us to everyone a clever device. I really liked the line about Winter being an optical contrast to Leia. :)

Okay... I'm going to guess it's Sabé on the line. Don't ask me why. :p Probably because I vaguely remember you saying somewhere that she was in this story, so... one can only hope. ;)

10. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Cool, I can count all of my readers on two hands!! :p Thanks for showing up, gals, I appreciate it. :)

Handmaiden Yane - Congrats on being first to the story. For your reward, here's some chocolate bars and graham crackers to go with your marshmallows to make smores! :D

:::presents Yane with smore making supplies:::

I liked how Leia was all grass-stained! That's so cute!

More of Leia's cuteness in the next post.

Lady Moonbeam - Thanks for coming.

I'm very, very curious about the source and information present.

More on that in an upcoming post, so be patient. ;)

Sabe126 - And I have to say that it is living up to all my expectations since reading the trailer back in January!

My apology for taking so long. [face_blush] Hopefully it'll get even better as we go along.

Your picture of Alderaan was so vivid - I was there!

Success!! :D ;) Your questions will be answered soon. Thanks for the UP.

bobilll - I love the start, with the song of Alderaan and everything, so beautiful!

Thanks! I did some research in the Illustrated Star Wars Universe, which has been a great help when describing Alderaan.

Padawan Laurianna - There is a beautiful flow from outside to in as you moved to Bail Organa and his conversation with someone. Is this someone who I think it is? Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see.

Nope, it's who you think it its, although we won't see her for a while.

Can't wait for more.

More coming up real soon, and thanks for the UP.

Sache8 - It was absolutely fantabulous, Ander.

Well, that's one way to describe it. :D

using the wind to introduce us to everyone a clever device. I really liked the line about Winter being an optical contrast to Leia.

Thank you. I try to be really creative in my descriptions in these stories.

More coming up really soon. See you then. :)

11. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Chapter One: News of a Possible Threat
    part: two

The comlink at Inni Doona's right hip buzzed for his attention. He marked his place in his journal with a green and red ribbon before closing it and shifting it to his left hand to join the stylus he was using. Brushing away a sea-green insect, Doona drew the comlink out of its holster, pressing the Acknowledge button as he lifted the device to his ear.

"Doona," he said as his eyes searched out for Princess Leia who was chasing some kind of animal through the tall grass. He frowned in concern as she and her friend Winter tried to corner the creature only to have Leia miss the creature as she dove for it, crashing into her friend's knees in the process. The two children took a scary-looking tumble, but scrambled quickly to their feet with the resiliency of youth, renewing the search for their prey without concern for the tears in their clothes or the mess that was now their hair.

"Yes, sir," he voiced, returning his attention to the person on the other end of the transmission. "I'll be there as soon as I've seen the children home.... I'll check, sir.... I'll let her know." He closed-down the comlink and returned it to the holster on his hip as he deftly got to his feet, snatching the gray cloak he was sitting on and draping it over his shoulder. "Anna," he shouted down the hill to the woman dressed in the livery of Alderaan's Royal Household. When she turned to acknowledge his call, Doona said, "Time to go in."

She nodded and moved to collect her young charges without question, her hips swaying hypnotically, moving as if she didn't even realize it. Doona turned his head away, his eyes searching the open spaces of the park in search of possible dangers to the little girl he was assigned to protect. Years ago, he and Anna once tried to have a personal relationship, even becoming intimate a couple of times, but the ghosts of his past haunted him too much, so they mutually decided to keep the relationship professional. Anna was currently involved with a lieutenant in Alderaan's Flight Corp, and Doona was dedicated completely to his job. There would be no more women in his life, he wasn't going to allow it.

"I almost had him, Inni, I almost had him!" Princess Leia shouted, her hair disheveled and her face flushed from excitement as she rushed up the hillside to where he stood while Winter and Anna followed her at a slower pace.

After reattaching his cloak to his collar, Doona knelt to speak to Leia easier as she stopped in front of him. Catching an elektowbit was something Doona hoped Leia would never do. Catching one by hand was nearly impossible for even a professional hunter, but the repercussions if it was learned that Princess Leia could catch one.... He had nightmares about days like that.

"I almost had him, Inni." Leia's smile featured one missing front tooth and another half grown-in.

Doona couldn't help but smile back. "And what would you have done with it had you caught it, Princess?" he said, his hand's carefully patting her shoulders.

Leia quickly shrugged out of his grasp. "It's still on!" she declared, her unpredictable temper flaring. That was another thing Doona feared: the day Leia would unleash that temper of her's in a dangerous, uncontrolled situation.

Doona sighed. "You took some spectacular spills, there, Sweetheart. I'm just making sure the patch is still on," he said, voicing his concern that one of the small allergy treatment patches Leia would have to wear until she was twelve was still on her shoulder. "You can become very sick very quickly if you lose that. Storm season is just beginning, you know."

Leia frowned and sighed impatiently. She had heard it all before. "I know, and I'll be more careful, Protector Doona," she said as if by rote.

"Good," he smiled, patting her on the shoulder, just to reassure himself as he stood.

"Why do we have to go in?" Winter asked when she finally joined them. "We almost caught that elektow."

Doona did a quick examination of the girl in bl

12. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Nice to see how our hero is getting on. Welcome back Inni! So Leia has inherited her father?s temper, could be dangerous! Is her allergy treatment something we should note? LOL at Leia Grown-ups could be a real bother at times. and at "Leia has been wanting to see her father's office ---and I quote--- 'All my life!' ? Leia?s interest in politics has started very young, just like her mother.

13. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Ha, Leia and Winter, tumbling up and down like that, I could so imagine that! Inni seems to fit in his new role perfectly. Wonder how Luke's doing...

14. AnderGroupie

AnderGroupie Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2003
    A bit late...but here, nonetheless.....
    Vivid, descriptive and totally enthralling. The young princess is characterized to perfection!
    Can't wait for more!

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    This story is great, K-A! I'll be watching this one! :)

16. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Sabe - Is her allergy treatment something we should note?

It's a minor plot device I came up with not too long ago, so, yes, remember her allergy treatment.

bobilll - Wonder how Luke's doing...

He won't have a role in this story, but we'll learn a little about him later.

AnderGroupie - A bit late...but here, nonetheless.....

At last. It's always good to keep tabs on one's groupies. ;) :D

Sara Kenobi - This story is great, K-A! I'll be watching this one!

Thanks for dropping by. Hope you enjoy it. :)

EDIT: Corrected spelling of tabs. :mad:

17. AnderGroupie

AnderGroupie Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2003
    At last. It's always good to keep taps on one's groupies.

What can I say, entrance is everything!!! ;) LOL! I'd like to see you try and keep taps on this particular groupie! :) Tap dances right out of thread....

18. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Very excellent post. I love little Leia--she's really cute. Her relationship with Inni has potential, too, he's so protective of her.

*makes mental note of the allergy patch*

I wonder why Leia is so anxious to find out about Bail's work... hmm...

19. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Groupie - Keep your tap shoes near, there'll be dancing at Leia's birthday celebration. :)

Moonbeam - Very excellent post. I love little Leia--she's really cute.

Thank you. :)

I wonder why Leia is so anxious to find out about Bail's work...

We'll learn more about that in the next post, plus her spunkiness and curiousity will be on full display a little later.

20. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Thoroughly enjoyed post #2 as well, Ander. Inni is himself as always, and Leia is right on target. As is Winter, actually- you can already see her reserve and supportive air when she's around Leia. I wonder when her perfect memory will start to manifest itself?

I also like the hints of how Inni lives in terror of Leia's force talents and how they could affect her (and the fact that he never explicitly says that's what makes him wary ;)).

This is gonna be good. :D

Cheers!

~Saché

21. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    I'm glad you enjoyed the latest, Sache. :)

Leia is right on target. As is Winter, actually- you can already see her reserve and supportive air when she's around Leia. I wonder when her perfect memory will start to manifest itself?

That will be featured a little later in the story when Inni and the girls go on a little adventure.

22. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Interesting beginning...

I'll be candid -- I'm far from caught up in the previous duology, but the short summary here is very helpful. ;) (And from "Han Alone", your H/L viggies, and your author interview, I already know I like the way you think! :cool:) And I like Inni. :D

So many interesting strings in the plot already. (I wonder, for example, whether the mysterious allergy patch is really for allergies, or is, say, a Force suppressant? :eek: We'll learn the truth sooner or later, I'm sure. Later, knowing you. :p)

I haven't read many Young Leia stories, but I think it's a really neat concept and I'm interested to see what you do with it. Plus, it looks like we'll see some Bail and some Vader -- gotta love Vader. [face_devil]

Looking forward to more. :)

23. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Ack! I was the first poster to the first post and look how far I've fallen behind! :(

Ooh! Marshmallows and s'mores!

*starts a fire and roasts marshmallows as she casually gives KA feedback*

Ooh, love the new post! Excellenté, as usual.

*checks KA's head*

Dude, I think my marshmallow is bigger than it. Good job at keeping that ego where it should be, and stopping it from inflating your head. ;)

*goes back to feedback*

Anéwé, ah ha! So Inni is the man watching Leia and Winter! I love it that Inni isn't that badly torn up and didn't go off the deep end like Han did when Chewie died.

Aww, Leia is so cute! :)

The eyes on both little girls went wide. "You mean he wants to see me in his office?" Leia gasped in awe and disbelief. "Really?"

"But we're not allowed in that part of the palace," Winter pointed out.

It's interesting to see that Leia gives no thought that they're not allowed, but Winter points it out.

Leia couldn't believe what she was hearing. She was just steps away from being allowed into the corridors where everything that happened on Alderaan was decided, and she was being delayed because she had to change her clothes!

[face_laugh] Oh, LOL! That was just too funné!

"Leia has been wanting to see her father's office ---and I quote--- 'All my life!'

LOL! I love the way you portray Leia! :D

Like I said, excellent post, and can't wait till the next one!!

::looks dejectedly at burned marshmallow::

KA, I hope you appreciate the sacrifices I make to give you feedback. I mean, a burned marshmallow?? :_|

::roasts another marshmallow::

~~Sillé Yané~~

24. Padawan_Laurianna

Aug 17, 2002
    Still reading. Still enthralled. Still excited for more. No time to feed the author better. :p

So without further ado:

Uppity up Up UP!!!

More from me later. ::waves and rushes out of the thread::

25. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Yane - I love it that Inni isn't that badly torn up and didn't go off the deep end like Han did when Chewie died.

He hasn't gone off the deep end, yet. [face_mischief]

excellent post, and can't wait till the next one!!

Next post is coming up real soon.

I mean, a burned marshmallow??

Think of it as a lesson learned, never to roast marshmallows and give feedback at the same time. ;)

Laurianna - Still reading. Still enthralled. Still excited for more. No time to feed the author better.

Anything would be better than burnt marshmallows. :p :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.