main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN The Kingdom

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: ......
    Senior Crew Officer Quarters, Darkest Night, High Orbit over planet of Javin (Outer Rim Territories)

The door to the quarters slid open and Commodore Peter Englewood stood there, his dress uniform as cleanly pressed and taken care of as the day he was buried at space. Unlike the injuries that caused his death, however, the late commodore looked healthy, alive, and without any noticeable injury.

"May I come in, captain?" Peter asked. Gone were the days of worry over Lepsawn 1-9; his voice was that of an experienced, fatherly, and well beloved commanding officer.

TAG @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Natalia Markova
    Darkest Night

Natalia's breath was stilled in her chest, her hands shook. It couldn't be, it was impossible. That man could not be here. She saw him, his body in the medbay. Commodore Peter Eaglewood stood before her as if nothing had happened, as if he was still alive. She heard his voice but it couldn't be, it just couldn't…

In shock she took a step back shaking her head.

"No, no...you can't...you can't be here." Was she going mad.

TAG: @Bravo

Darth_Elu likes this.
  3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Rudy Ash
    Primary (Aft) Hanger Bay, Darkest Night, High Orbit over planet of Javin

"Yeah," Rudy replied with a nod, forcing a knot in his throat down. No one and he means no one had ever given him the chills. Turr Kya was robotic in his precision and it unnerved him to the core. How the Stormtrooper Corps missed on this gem of a recruit was anyone's guess. Which brought Rudy to his next thought: he'd rather be with the blind loyalty of Stormtroopers with a blood thirst and a trigger finger, than Turr. Maybe Death Trooper was a thought Turr should entertain---for the sake of everyone else in the galaxy. At least he was restricted to his own 2 legs, verses a TIE Fighter that could bring about much more death & destruction in a larger area.

"Agreeable," Rudy finally managed, "Deck 41; Pilots Lounge. That's where you'll find the rest of your flight. At this rate, you're running late," Rudy turned around back to the rear of the TIE Fighter, trying to fiddle with something to make it look like he was busy, but he gave up with a sigh and turned back around to Turr still standing there, "As you said, you have a healthy respect for my work. So trust my work. We're a team. I'll have a full print out of the work done and holo recording of the finished work, down to the last bolt. A full 21 point inspection with detailed summary report."

Rudy turned back around to the TIE Fighter and started to fiddle around again. He half wondered how Turr would get out of being late to Captain Keth Dotch's opening briefing for Third Flight's new pilots? A thought occurred to him just then and Rudy turned around to---

Turr was gone.

While he was physically gone, Rudy felt an odd feeling as if the man's presence was still lurking around like a ghost. A soul without a body.

Or, in Turr's case, a body without a soul. Rudy shuttered as he turned back around to the TIE Fighter, "I'm just going crazy," he muttered to himself to calm his nerves.

TAG @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Sinrebirth and Darth_Elu like this.
  4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Cook CDN-23-1
    GenMess One, Entertainment Deck, Darkest Night, High Orbit over planet of Javin

Cook CDN-23-1 or, cook assigned to Darkest Night's staff of 30 cooks (of which he was the 23rd assigned), and where he was stationed in GenMess 1 (of 3).

Most normal people called him Fred, however. Fred Thomas Morrison or, FTM for short among the people he hung out with outside of shift or worked with on a daily basis. Yet, with all these new faces lately, the "old guard" had to revert back to utilizing those proper Imperial designations. If it wasn't for the up front bonus to reenlist, Fred would have been back on Coruscant serving up some exotic dishes at his old man's restaurant. What started out as a 4 year stint to go see the galaxy with the Imperial Navy had turned into a 5 year stint (with a sixth year yet to come still) with his father calling him every other month to come home so he could retire and Fred could take over the family business. FTM had one more year to go before that could happen. He had no thought or idea that any assignment the Imperial Navy assigned the DN to would take more than a year to complete, so he had promised his father he would be home in a year.

Coming through the back "kitchen staff only" doors---which were secured with a keypad only the kitchen staff knew the code to---Fred was about to get on his daily Sunday routine, seemingly going about his business with the droids as if nothing was out or the ordinary. He started whistling to himself as he worked around the droids that were so use to him that their programming did not alert them to a security or safety concern. He was having a grand old time with ear buds in his ears as he listened to a local favorite band, when he suddenly and quite literally bumped into someone else.

It took him a long moment for his brain to catch up to the fact that someone else, not something else like a droid, was in here with him.

"Whoa," he said as he took his ear buds out and stared at the man, "Dude, like---yeah man---you shouldn't be in here. Like man, if Jingle catches you, bro, you're one dead stormtrooper," lights went on his mind all of sudden and his eyes went big at the uniform, "You're a stormtrooper!" he put up his hands, "I didn't do it!" he pointed to one of the droids, "He did it!"

The COO Cook Droid looked at the pair of humans and said, "Hutt slime!" The robot then returned to it's duties.

"See?" Fred added with a smile, "A droid with a language vocabulary like that is clearly the criminal! Must have got hacked or something---better get security down here and check it out."

TAG @Silvertough

Darth_Elu and Silvertough like this.
  5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Billy, Jim Palso, etc.
    Crew Lounge, Hunk of Junk, Hyperspace

Billy smiled, putting his cards to the side and grabbing a handheld holoprojector from a pouch he put it in the center of the table.

"Droid!" Billy barked, "Go get the others."

Bugger whistled & beeped a heavy worded reply, before rolling off.

"Trash bin," Billy muttered as the droid rolled away.

Palso was waiting for a reply from Winterkill when Bugger came rolling in, beeping & whistling about something in the back.

"What did he say?" Jim looked at Winterkill, then he got up as the droid started retreating back to the hold; Jim looked at Winterkill as the former unclipped the safety strap holding his righ thigh blaster in place, "I guess we find out."

Jim was walking to the back when Walking Library was hurrying along to intercept them from the main corridor, "Captain Palso! Captain Palso! Bugger informs me that there is a serious iss---"

Jim put a hand to the droid's mouth and looked at him, "Be quiet."

So much for the element of surprise, if there was to be any. Regardless, he kept the safety strap unhooked and his hand near the blaster pistol as he turned right (opposite the way Walking Library had come from) and walked down the main corridor until he reached the first opening to his right and stepped up into the crew lounge. In the corner was the holographic game board table and where the rest of their organic passengers & crew were at, playing a card game. Bugger was near the computer access station and was turning his dome between both groups of people with a soft worrying sound coming from him in beeps and whistles. Walking Library had come up behind Winterkill and Palso.

Jim stood with his left hand resting on his belt & cross-draw belt holster (holding one of his WESTAR-34 Blaster Pistols), while his right hand hung down by the safety strapless right thigh holster holding his prized S-5 Heavy Blaster Pistol.

"You called?" Palso stated.

Despite Havah Jeth's reassurances of Billy and Tora's intent to do no harm, the "state of the crew lounge" was tense. Jim stood off near the holonet access/communications panel with his arms crossed over his chest as he rested up against the wall, while Walking Library stood with Bugger. Havah had caught both Palso & Winterkill up on the details and recent history of the game and how it had all come to this.

In the middle of the holographic game board table floated a oversized holo imagine that loomed larger over the table, showing an ancient manuscript of some kind. A section of the words were highlighted in blue and jumped off the page and became the main focus of the imagine while the manuscript was a blurred imagine in the background.

"Prophecy of the Living Force," Billy started, looking around the room at all, "The reason why we believe or---more correctly---Lord Tarfa believes you are here. These highlighted words state:

"...a black plague of evil reaching its hand across the galaxies and extinguishing life, bringing pain and death to The Force and all those in it. In this dark time, an alliance of life will stop the coming death, but only after great loss and great transformation. Mythical kingdoms and stories will be changed forever. Those left will understand the sacrifice of those gone. Across the skies, knights will remember their tales in those days and teach others."

"He believes," Billy continued, "That The Mercs are the knights at the end.," Billy put his arms wide, "I do not. But, it's not my job to question the man that pays me. The only way we could get this to happen, Tarfa said, was to do it this way with you three away from everyone else. There is something with you three in specific," Billy looked at Havah, Winterkill, and Palso, "But he won't tell me what. Its somewhere in the Prophecy of the Living Force, but its source is fragmented and I don't have a copy of it here with what I brought. I was only given this section to present to you. But," Billy shook his head as he turned off the holoprojector, "Tarfa says I'll know and you three will know. That's when we know the prophecy is right," Billy chucked, "Yeah, I know, a lot of mystery and magic," Billy used his fingers to illustrate a spooky feeling with his fingers, "So, look, we can all stand here and look at each other like we're about to kill each other or we can do this crazy thing together. I know where we're going, you need to trust me that much. Once this magical thing whatever is completed, we return back home and the Johnny Boy and Mercs should be onboard with this all crazy thing, since our people will had convinced them by then. Or something like that."

Tora made a grunting noise and slid a note over to Billy. The gunslinger read it and chuckled as he read it out-loud to everyone, "He says that its not crazy. Its all very real," Billy crumpled up the note and tossed it to the floor, forking a thumb over at the ninja, "This guy is one of those crazy types that thinks this is all true."

TAG @Mitth_Fisto , @greyjedi125

Darth_Elu likes this.
  6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Winterkill
    Aboard the Hunk of Junk

There were several issues with answering Jim’s question.

One, Winterkill was convinced there might be a listening device in their vicinity. He would have place one in the area if the roles were reversed, so he was going on the assumption that there was. Given enough time, he would certainly find it. Second, any answer he gave might ’tip-off’ their oh-so-gracious host, and that was something he really wished to avoid, unless it was by choice and design.

‘Ending it sooner’ sounded a lot simpler than what the logistics involved would intimate. For the moment, they were at a great disadvantage, and their ‘enemy’ was both smart ad resourceful. Three layers of deception would not be enough to fool them, nor would it buy them enough time to turn the tables, as it were. Without a doubt, any drastic action at this point could prove…unfortunate, the very unfortunate kind of unfortunate

Besides, Havah wasn’t in on the conversation, at least not yet, and they would need him if any plan was going to succeed.

Winterkill's face remained neutral as he considered a reasonable answer that wouldn’t give them away. If only Jim were somewhat versed in the secret sign language he shared with their Arkanian friend. Better yet, if only they were done with this ‘Jod’ business, once and for all.

As fate would have it, the choice to answer was rendered null and void once a droid was sent to ‘fetch’ them.

The nagai hadn’t confirmed or countered Palso’s burgeoning intent. Winterkill noticed as the gunslinger unhooked the safety strap to his blaster pistol with a practiced casual motion, which prompted Winterkill to initiate the process of making adjustments in his mind for a possible altercation, one that would result in a multiplicity of fatalities. The chances were pretty even for both groups, give or take a few factors.

Of course, the ‘element of surprise’ was also rendered null and void, this time by a familiar droid, quite unsurprisingly- and perhaps for the better. Well, that was debatable, therefore it was best to simply move along with the next set of probabilities.

Winterkill and Palso finally entered the crew lounge, the nagai quickly swept the room visually to glean what he could of the present situation. The tension within the lounge was quite palpable, which was no surprise. Winterkill exchanged a quick glance with Havah and received no message, which meant they were still on ‘alert’; their condition had not changed whatsoever.

Thus, after the recap on all the posturing, the conversation turned to something which was…well, troubling.

Billy ‘dead-man-walking’, spoke at length regarding an excerpt from a ‘Prophecy’. Well, Winterkill remained unconvinced by the tale, or ‘Lord Tarfa’s’ convictions regarding the entire affair, especially in relation to the Mercs. To the nagai, it was simply an elaborate ruse.

Billy Deadman was doing this for the money alone- he wasn’t fooling anyone. He could be dissuaded, if made to believe this venture was ‘unprofitable’. Deadman’s more fanatical companions presented a more complicated problem. As far as Winterkill was concerned, this expedition was bankrolled by cowards too afraid of their own end. If the Force was to ‘end’ as they feared, there was little anyone could do to stop it. The cycle of Death and Renewal was inexorable, inviolate. You would think after all this time, these so called mystics would realize that- even on the grandest of scales…but whatever.

The nagai mentally shook his head, though he himself remained stoic as always.

Besides, and quite ironically, these zealots just revealed to him how to sabotage the prophecy. It was quite elementary. But he was going to keep that to himself for the time being.

With the characteristic patience of an assassin, Winterkill waited until all the talking was done before speaking. His voice was even and sounded as non-committal as ever. Only those who knew him had an inkling on how to interpret his verbal tics, or when he was using his gift of ‘voice’.

“Do tell me, who wrote this ‘so-called prophecy’ and when? Having only an excerpt and not the entire text gives way to mistaken inferences and guarantees misinterpretation, especially when taken out of context.” He said plainly.

A pale hand gestured towards the piece holographic text with the rest of the writing blurred.

“You all do know this….don’t you?”

It was time to apply the first layer.

Tag: @Bravo, @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Mitth_Fisto, Bravo and Darth_Elu like this.
  7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Flying Officer Rick Johnson & Captain Keth Dotch
    Pilots Lounge (Deck 41), Darkest Night, orbit around planet of Javin

Johnson moved uncomfortably in his seat as as Saraali had again turned the tables on him. His jaw set just then, too, further highlighting the issue he felt. The term temporary had struck him as particularly annoying. Acting or not, he would prove to Saraali that he deserved the flight lead spot. And she would learn to respect him. He was here first; she was just the new pilot who said the right things to impress her superiors.

Fine.

That worked in the Core Worlds. But out here in the Outer Rim Territories?

He smiled. Her first encounter with a pack of blood thirsty pirates utilizing Uglies that didn't match any Imperial tactical manual on how to deal with them or didn't meet any "standard" flight characteristics in combat---he would be beyond pleased to be her "savior" that day.

Yes, I agree, Captain. I see the wisdom in that. Is it possible I could get a small dossier on my new wingman, so I can get myself up to speed. Naturally, Officer Kya will be supplied one of myself as well. As long as we can be efficient together and bring victory to the Empire, I have no complaints.

Johnson rolled his eyes inwardly. Was she seriously this dedicated? He was beginning to wonder if she was a paid actress and not a TIE Pilot, that this was all being secretly reordered for some enlistment holo vid for the military. He smirked at that thought. Under her could be the caption Ideal Imperial Recruit, while under him it said Reality. A course only real TIE Pilots and not poster boy fans could understand the reality of the real galaxy.

"I'll see to it, Flying Officer," Dotch replied, adding, "I'll have the info sent to your quarters. Now," he looked down at his watch and then back to Deatar, "Where is Flying Officer Kya? He did come with you on the same transport, did he not?"

If she couldn't keep track of her new "wingman", how was she supposed to best him as a flight leader? Wasn't part of leadership making sure you had your flight together?

"He could have got mixed up with all the medical testing for new arrivals, captain," Johnson offered, looking at Deatar for a brief moment before returning his attention to Dotch, "After all, we do know how those medical droids can be about medical protocol. Even a running nose could have ended him up in isolation after the Javin evac and sometimes those droids don't communicate the best with unit commanders. I," Johnson stood up, "Can go find him. I'm sure Officer Deatar will want to familiarize herself with the dossier and her new quarters. After all, no leader leaves their fellow pilots behind."

Technically, Johnson was wrong on the last part (the Empire always put mission objectives over a single pilot's life), yet Dotch also knew that field squadrons operated differently then what they instructed in the academy. Regardless, Dotch smiled inwardly at the open jab towards Deatar (this was getting better & better), "Officer Deatar, any objections?"

TAG @Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu likes this.
  8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG: This post is a continuation of the post found here: Bravo, Aug 9, 2020. It is meant to refresh memories of our tenured players and catch our new players up on context.

IC: Master Sergeant Craig Anthony Stewart (DW-418121; "Animal")

Crew Lounge, Entertainment Deck, Darkest Night, high orbit over Javin

He put down the last glass, pushing it to become part of the collection of over a half dozen tall glasses in the middle of the table. He looked around the crowded place. Not normally one to venture outside of the , this place was full of Imperial Navy personnel. Enlisted and junior officers mostly, with a sprinkling of senior officers here and there. But aside from a handful of oddly placed Imperial Combat Drivers and army mechanics, Animal was the only Stormtrooper or Army Special Missions personnel in the crew lounge, which wasn't all surprising considering regulations stated Imperial Army and Stormtrooper Corps had to remain in the Trooper Barracks. A course, there were regulations and then there were regulations.

His isolated presence as the singular stormtrooper, however, made him a target. The only thing that surprised him was the fact that it took this long for them to do something about it.

"Wrong part of the ship," came a cocky voice from ahead.

Animal looked up from his alcohol-induced gaze, "Ain't bothering nobody," Animal replied.

The naval crewman chuckled as he looked at his two other comrades who---like him---looked well on their way with a second round of drinks, "Our table, plastic boy."

"He's drunk!" said one of the two comrades flanking the leader, causing the other two to laugh, "He probably couldn't get up if he tried!"

"Well," the leader said, "I guess we'll have to help him, now won't we?" the man took his alcoholic drink and poured it in Animal's lap, "Looks like you wet yourself, Stormie. Now get up and go change."

"I'm not bothering anyone," Animal stated again.

The leader chuckled as he looked off, "I don't think you get the point, grunt," the naval crewman said as he looked back to Animal, "This is our table and you're sitting in it. Now," the naval crew member wiped the spent glasses off the table and onto the floor, causing a thunderous shattering of glass on the floor that brought all noise and chatter in the crew lounge to a d stop. Everyone now looked ate single Stormtrooper and the three Imperial bullies, "Get out of our table."

Animal nodded and stood up, fixing his duty uniform as he did. He walked around the table and said, "Sorry for the confusion."

The leader put a heavy hand on Animal's shoulder and whispered, "Don't let it happen again," the leader removed his hand and went on with his buddies to occupy the table Animal had just left.

"Don't ever touch me again," he stated at the retreating form.

"Excuse me, plastic boy?" the leader stated from where he stood by Animal's chair.

Animal turned around, "I said, don't touch me again."

"Is that so?" the leader smiled as he ran his thumb and index finger along his noise for a moment as he looked down. He looked up and nodded to one of the other navy crew members who put his hand on Animal's shoulder, "You were saying? This is our part of the ship. Not yours."

"Fine," Animal said and adjusted to snap the other Imperial crew member's arm in half. The crew member stumbled back in pain and fell to the floor, causing the collective crew lounge to hold their breath in shock. Animal turned back to his stance.

"What the sith, man!" said the leader, who nodded to the other crew member who lunged from behind. Animal snapped around blocked a punch from the on-rushing crew member and then kicked the man's left knee out from under him, hearing a sickening pop as the knee cap became dislocated; the crew member yelped in sudden pain, falling to one knee, as Animal used the man's lowered positioned as a meeting point for his knee to the man's face, sending blood, teeth, and snot flying as the man's head snapped backwards and he fell backwards to the ground. Just then the Master Sergeant turned around as he heard the break of a beer bottle and saw the leader charge him! The infantry NCO caught the man's weapon hand, kicked out his right knee (watching the man buckle), and then snapped his arm upwards and against it's natural motion, seeing both the forearm break and the elbow pop out of alignment with a sickening pop.

"Ahhhhh!" the leader cried as the broken beer bottle dropped from his hand and to the floor. Animal then delivered a side elbow to the man's face and as the Imperial crew member's head snapped back, he used his left hand to grab the man's hair and slammed his head against the table with enough force to dent to the table and leave remnants of the blood stain from impact on the table. The Imperial crewer's body crumpled to the floor and as he squirmed on the floor while his left hand held his broken right arm, his right knee looked horribly popped out of socket, and his face was a bloody mess.

Animal looked at the leader as he moaned on the floor in pain and then looked at the other two as one crawled away and the other backed away, both holding up hands in a weakened way to say they were finished. Animal then looked around at the circle of Imperial personnel that had formed, "Anyone else?"

People shook their heads as they backed away and started going back to their business.

"Master Sergeant," came a voice from behind him and Animal turned around to see four Imperial Navy Troopers standing there, "Do you mind coming with us?" Behind flooded in six more naval troopers, who all split up into teams to take care of the other 3 Imperial crew members.

Security Office & Armory

"Do you want to press charges?" the Imperial Navy Trooper asked, being one Staff Sergeant Rusty Oak, asked as he looked up from the datapad he was taking notes from, "It's assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder on the one---with assault---while the other two only face assault. All against a NCO from enlisted personnel."

Animal shook his head as he sat at a chair provided by the holo table beside the main double doors. Another Imperial Navy Trooper stood behind Oak with his thumbs through his equipment belt. "It was all a misunderstanding."

Oak raised an eyebrow, "I wouldn't call attempted murder of a non-commissioned officer a misunderstanding."

"You drop their charges, you drop mine," Animal offered.

"Fair," Rusty said, "I'll drop the excessive intoxicated charge against you. But," Oak added, "The Navy will file their own charges against those crew members, but I'll decline yours based on cooperation with the investigation. Your decline of filing charges yourself might save their enlistment, but any careers they thought they had will be over. They'll be discharged at our next Imperial port."

"Anything else?" Animal asked.

"One more thing," Oak said, "I'll have to contact your commanding officer. Its against regs to allow an intoxicated crew member to walk back to their quarters alone. And its reg to contact the CO."

"I can't get that one dropped too, can I?" Animal asked.

"Nope," Oak said, "CO?"

"Immediate officer or NCO or unit?" Animal asked.

"Immediate officer," Oak replied, "Less paperwork. And I hear the Old Man is prone to ripping off heads and pissing down necks on stuff like this. So I'll save you the medical trip."

"My neck thanks you," Animal replied, then added, "Lieutenant Shan."

"One moment," Oak replied, calling Shan's comlink from his data-pad......

TAG @TheAdmiral , @TheSilentInfluence

TheAdmiral and Darth_Elu like this.
  9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  10. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Darkest Night

Her breathing increased, her eyes widened, she must be going mad, he was dancing around her like a phantom. She backed up pressing herself against the wall. What was happening to her? Did she talk to him, did she indulge this madness or did she run away? Part of her wanted to run, to seek help. Another wanted to just shut it all out, to deny it. But how could she? Was this like the nightmares, the terrors that robbed her of rest? A waking dream? Her mind was on fire and she just wanted it to stop.

"How...How are you here?" She demanded. "You died, I must be going mad. You're not real, you can't be."

Darth_Elu and Bravo like this.
  11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Senior Crew Officer Quarters, Darkest Night, High Orbit over planet of Javin (Outer Rim Territories)

"Death..." Englewood stated from the chair, moving his right hand around and marveling at it, "It frees us from this prison of flesh and bone," he looked at Natalia as he stood up and then everything changed. They were no longer in Natalia's quarters, but in the small & private funeral service for Englewood. As Englewood walked through the quiet scene playing all around him and Natalia, he watched as his casket was rocketed out into outer space and towards the distant sun in some no-name system in the middle of deep, dark space.

"I've heard it said, Death comes to call. You cannot hold water in your hands for long. It leaks away, goes where it is meant to go. To the soil and sky. To ions, and then space, where stars are born***," he turned around to face Natalia as the salutes were lowered and people started breaking parade ranks to return to their duties. There, Englewood snapped his fingers and the environment froze with people and things frozen in time where they were, with only Englewood and Natalia moving about.

"I am here because I cry out from the stars," Englewood drew his arms out to the side, "Because my soul is restless. The question now becomes, why are you here with me?" He pointed at her, "What have you done? Why is my murder not solved and my murderer in chains? Why do you fail me, captain?"

OOG:

***Jedi Master Ikrit---Edge of Victory 1 (pg. 51/52)

Darth_Elu likes this.
  12. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Darkest Night

Natalia furrowed her brow as Eaglewood launched into a meta-physical diatribe. It made no sense, or it did if one believed that there was something that lived beyond the body. It was something she was never raised with, she was raised with science, with what was observable. There was nothing that passed on after death. Once the lights went out, that was it. But what was before her was rather compelling. His voice was ringing in her ears, his eyes bored into her. Around her she saw the funeral, the funeral she refused to attend, it meant little to her. She watched as the body of the Commodore was sent into a nameless star. That should have been the end of it.

"Death comes to call. You cannot hold water in your hands for long. It leaks away, goes where it is meant to go. To the soil and sky. To ions, and then space, where stars are born," As the world stopped, she saw Keizar frozen in a moment of resolute determination. Or at least that's what it looked like, with her chin up and stace stiff. While that saying is true enough did it mean that the synapses that made a being what they were capable of forming, of coming together to make a whole of what had been lost.

"I am here because I cry out from the stars," the Navigator took a bit of a step back. "Because my soul is restless. The question now becomes, why are you here with me?" His index finger pointed accusatorially "What have you done? Why is my murder not solved and my murderer in chains? Why do you fail me, captain?"

"I did my best." She snapped, the accusation, the very real failure making her forget any logical explanation. "I'm not the investigator and I did find a very good suspect...he was killed in a rebel attack. What else am I to do? What do you want me to do, commandeer the investigation, me a Navigator? If I get involved I could tamper with evidence…" She hung her head guilt washing over her, was this her heart punishing her for leaving the investigation off, for forgetting about it. Her legs gave out from under her leaving her knelt next to her former roommate.

She'd let the mission get in the way of what she really wanted, she needed to know what happened. Who killed Commodore Eaglewood. Looking at her feet she let out a deep breath.

Closing her eyes she resolved to complete this, to solve this mystery...Whether she should or not.

"I will do it...I'll not fail again…"

Darth_Elu and Bravo like this.
  13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

“You all do know this….don’t you?”

Billy smirked, "Son," the gunslinger said with the intention of all the vile depth to the word, "You didn't hear a thing I just said, did you?"

"You best watch that mouth of yours," Palso cautioned, quick on the reply. His hand inched closer to his safeless holster.

"You best watch where you put that hand of yours," Billy replied in kind, "You ever see how a blaster fight ends up inside of a tin can in deep space?"

"I have a great imagination," Jim replied.

Billy smirked, turning his attention back to the nagai, "As I was saying, you're in no position to lecture me on what is right and what is wrong with this text. If it was up to me, I'd never got into this whole mess in the first place. You see, Lord Tarfa had tried to deal with your Captain Taller in the past. And Taller with him. But nothing worked, aside from a few oddly placed jobs here and there. Then your ship captain went about stealing what he was hired to deliver to us from the Corporate Sector. So, technically, he could have shot you all back on our ship. And destroyed your Johnny Boy. Taller broke the contract. But we didn't. So as I see it, ya'all have little choice in the matter. By you doing this job for us, you clear your debt from our books. If you don't want to," Billy shrugged, "Then we can go back to option A of shooting you all. So, whether this manuscript is right or wrong, taken out of context or not, your Taller devalued his standing with us. Which causes a debt, which must be paid. It just so happens, that debt is to be paid by a bunch of misfits Lord Tarfa thinks is the answer to this prophecy."

Billy looked around, "Questions?"

Palso was the first to go for his S-5 Heavy Blaster Pistol, but the gunslinger was already crumpling to the ground in pain before he got aim and his green blaster shot went wild into the ceiling as he collapsed to the ground on his left leg, a fresh blaster wound in his leg---

Billy stayed seated, his smoking NexGen Issued Army-Navy Revolver under the holo table and his other one pointed square at Winterkill, while Tora had already managed to land on-top of the table in a crouch and positioned himself in a triangle position between Billy, Havah, and Winterkill, with an eye on Palso. The ninja's Tac-SS-1 Strategic Staff was fully deployed and begging for a challenger, as its green blades hummed away; the ninja was positioned perfectly to deflect any attack from the three Mercs, while Billy could easily move on Winterkill or Palso---and it seemed Jim knew this, as he remained still, grinding his teeth in pain from the blaster shot to his leg.

"I do believe this is not good," Walking Library said matter-of-factly as he held his hands up.

Bugger replied with whistles and beeps.

"How rude!" Library replied to his friend.

TAG @Mitth_Fisto , @greyjedi125

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

"It's more then me. Be careful," Englewood left her with and snapped his fingers again and suddenly Natalia was back in her quarters, Englewood nowhere to be seen. Or was he even there to begin with?

Whether she would notice it or not as she continued on her day, a Commodore's rank bar from the collar was resting on the table beside the chair......

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Crew Lounge, Hunk of Junk

"Well....." Winterkill simply said, affecting complete disinterest. "What are you waiting for? DO IT!!"

He paused, waiting....then waited some more.

"Oh, it's NOT up to you, is it?" He concluded. "Because as long as there's the smallest chance the 'Prophecy' is true, your precious Lord Tarfa holds ALL the cards."

"I wonder what would happen to you if you failed your charge, thanks to your glaring incompetence. What would your debt look like, hmmm?"

"Go ahead. Prove me wrong."

Indeed, the nagai was daring Billy. The more Billy talked the more he revealed to Winterkill how he could unravel the mission. He could already see parts of what needed to be done, he just need Billy to confirm certain interpersonal dynamics. Whatever happened next would give him his answer. Playing at cards was one thing. The nagai was a concentration camp survivor. Billy was not as scary as he imagined he was. Not at all. Not.even.close.

Tag: @Bravo, @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    TheAdmiral, Darth_Elu and Bravo like this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Turr Kya
    Pilots Lounge

With a nod to the tech, Turr opted not to pursue the point any longer, having made his position sufficiently, perfectly, and specifically, clear.

He would have expected a salute ordinarily, but the man was focused on his job, and he had a video coming after all. Pulling out his datapad, he diarized a reminder to himself to follow-up on said recording before he turned in tonight. Briefly regarding his schedule, he reasoned he was not behind schedule in strictest sense, and the man simply wanted rid of him.

Fine.

Without another word, he headed to the lounge as indicated, and was almost disgusted by the comfort the room spoke of. This was not austere or precise. It was not even faintly Imperial. It spoke of the heady corruption which had brought down the Old Republic.

[​IMG]

It was awful.

Pursing his lips, he focused upon the unfamiliar faces before him, sketching a salute just in-case there was a commanding officer evident that he did not yet know.

"Turr Kya."

TAG: @Darth_Elu, @Bravo

Bravo, Darth_Elu and TheAdmiral like this.
  17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

Billy glanced to Havah Jeth, then to Winterkill, then to Palso. He slowly put the hammer back in his pistol and holstered it, stating, "Not worth my time." At the same time, Tora deactivated his Tac-SS-1 Strategic Staff, swirling it back to the small of his back as it closed itself back up, everything ending in one smooth motion.

Billy smoothed his clothes out as Tora moved to a standing position beside the holo table, positioning himself between Billy and Havah at the edge of the table. Billy started dealing cards out again as calmly as he had before across the table to Havah, "Tora seems inclined to stand out this round, Mr. Jeth," Billy said, looking up from the table to Havah, "You won last round, therefore, your turn to draw first...."

Palso looked between the utter coolness of Billy and his ability to ignore all the previous events and return to a game, as Jim was wounded on the floor. Jim looked to the droids, "Get to the cockpit. Make sure we have eyes on the controls, least we face a unknown hazard in hyperspace."

"I heartingly agree with you, Captain Palso," Walking Library replied, lowering his arms and looking at the astromech, "Come along Bugger!"

The astromech replied with whistles and beeps that clearly annoyed the TXC-170 Repair Droid, who blurted out as the droids left the crew lounge, "Oh switch off!"

As the droids walked past, Palso holstered his own blaster and looked up to Winterkill with an outstretched hand, "A little help, bud? We'll need to take care of this in the crew cabin. There's a full medkit in there."

TAG @greyjedi125 , @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    greyjedi125 and Darth_Elu like this.
  18. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Sergeant First Class Adrias Stark
    Army Quarters (Joker Platoon), Darkest Night, leaving low orbit over Javin to high orbit

“Yeah, the Senate Gardens are great...” he nodded “Though I did not have much access to them. So your grandfather must be someone higher up?” Adrias tilted his head, he felt sympathy with her plight, it must have been pretty hard to be raised like that. That made her more attractive to him.

“I know, right?” he chuckled “Well I had to read so many such books that I kinda lost my appetite for the other genres.” he shrugged. “How about you? What are your hobbies?”

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @Bravo

Bravo likes this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Elena Shan
    Army Quarters (Joker Platoon), Darkest Night, leaving low orbit over Javin to high orbit

"Yes, I guess you could say that." Elena laughed a little. And then thought for the moment. "He's an advisor to his Majesty, the Emperor." She smiled a little, like she knew something that Adrias didn't. "It was a little overwhelming at first, but you have to learn to adapt right?" Elena shrugged shyly. She listened to Adrias again for a moment, pausing after he spoke to collect her thoughts. "Well...I like learning about other cultures and their history. I guess you could say that's a hobby of mine." Elena told him, and then her comlink beeped.

Who's messaging me at this time?

"I'm sorry. But I need to take this." Elena apologised, and then pressed the button on her comlink. "This is Lieutenant Elena Shan. How can I be of assistance?"

Tag: @Bravo @TheAdmiral

Bravo, Darth_Elu and TheAdmiral like this.
  20. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Flying Officer Saraali Deatar IC:
    ~Pilots Lounge, Darkest Night~

The fact that Flying Officer Johnson began to shift a bit in his seat showed that she had managed to successfully unnerve him. Good, very good. She may be one of the newcomers around here, but incompetence would be quickly revealed and if it got them kicked out.

Not her problem. She was here to do her job.

She managed to catch the little smile suddenly crossing his face as she began to speak to the Captain. Saraali could only imagine what he was thinking in that likely delusional mind of his.

“I’ll see to it, Flying Officer. I’ll have the info sent to your quarters.”

She smiled. Excellent. It was always best to have a good idea of who you were flying with. Good or bad.

“Now where is Flying Officer Kya? He did come with you on the same transport, did he not?”

Her eyebrows rose. She had no idea admittedly. It was hard to keep track of one’s wing mates when you didn’t even know they were your wing mate to begin with until much later.

And, yes, she also couldn’t care less about the others on the transport with her and that hadn’t helped. Her lips pursed at this.

“He could have got mixed up with all the medical testing for new arrivals, captain.”

Saraali just looked at Johnson again. Was he actually trying to cover for her for some reason? The brief look before returning to speak to the Captain immediately told her ‘no.’ He was setting her up to look bad clearly.

“After all, we do know how those medical droids can be about medical protocol. Even a running nose could have ended him up in isolation after the Javin evacuation and sometimes those droids don’t communicate the best with unit commanders. I can go find him.”

The man had stood up, trying to practically inflate himself with all of his typical male ego, as if showing that he was the man for “the job.”

Good luck with that.

“I’m sure Officer Deatar will want to familiarize herself with the dossier and her new quarters. After all, no leader leaves their fellow pilots behind.”

This broke her facade for a moment, her brow raising again. No leader did what? Tell that to every instructor she had ever had. Both in the Academy and the War College.

“Officer Deatar, any objections?”

She merely looked at Captain Dotch, inclining her head and decided not to take the bait.

“None at all, Captain. Officer Johnson is actually correct, I would like to look over the dossier and my quarters so as to familiarize myself as efficiently as possible. As currently assigned Wing Leader to Officer Kya, I will inquire how long it takes for him to meet with you and get situated in his own quarters. Thereby having a good gauge as to his integrity and self-initiative. It will help me determine how best to approach working with him when in the cockpit.”

She glanced cooly over at the idiot while nodding curtly again, pretending at respect, “You can find him if you wish, I am sure he would appreciate the help, but given the nature of a Star Destroyer’s interior design, it would be surprising if he doesn’t arrive soon. If not, again, that helps me with an initial assessment that even the Captain will take careful note of.”

Saraali took a short breath in between her words, “No Imperial pilot leaves their objectives undone is what you mean however. And mine is currently this meeting.”

And that was when the man arrived. Average height, perhaps only a couple inches taller than she; adequate athletic build for a pilot, pale skin, light blond hair, and a facial scar showing he knew a thing or two about getting into tough situations. Above all a pristine Imperial Pilots uniform. This had to be the main the Captain spoke of.

The expression on his face certainly lent credence to the fanaticism. And his timing was perfect. Saraali cracked the merest shadow of a smile.

A salute was given as the man looked about, trying to hide his disapproval of the room. She knew exactly how he felt in this particular regard.

“Turn Kya.”

She stood up calmly and returned with a well practiced, confident salute of her own, but did not speak until after the commanding officer in the room did. Once the zabrak Captain had done so, she did before the idiot could open his mouth again.

“Officer Kya, I am Flying Officer Saraali Deatar, glad you could make it. We were just talking about you.”

The usual ice was all over her countenance, posture, and voice; but Johnson knew given their recent interaction that it was all especially pointed at him at that instant. She barely resisted the urge to directly throw him a faint smile.

Tag: Captain Keth Dotch, Flying Officer Rick Johnson, & Flying Officer Turr Kya @Bravo @Sinrebirth

Bravo and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Flying Officer Rick Johnson & Captain Keth Dotch
    Pilots Lounge (Deck 41), Darkest Night, orbit around planet of Javin

Johnson did a reactionary touch of his beautiful hair as he stood to match the salute and waited for the captain to put everyone at ease.

As Razor Steel opened her mouth to pollute the precious recycled oxygen (which was made even more precious by the recent dumping of old and resupply of new oxygen into the tanks at Javin's resupply), Johnson looked at the new comer, a Flying Officer Turr Kya, and Johnson raised an eyebrow at the man.

He copied my hair! Johnson complained internally to himself, then Johnson smiled outwardly as pollute-a-lot finally finished her mouthing motions and he approached the new Flying Officer, "I'm Flying Officer Rick Johnson, acting flight lead," he looked over at Razor Steel Pollute-a-Lot (RS-PAL would be a good shortened callsign) and winked, looking back to Turr, "I'm sure your dedication to the Empire will remind the enemies under our foot to remain there, least they become examples to others of the consequences of crossing order and justice that we bring to the Empire."

Dotch stepped into the conversation, "Welcome to Bad Love and Third Flight, Flying Officer Turr Kya. You'll be Bad Twelve," he nodded to Deatar, "Flying Officer Deatar, Bad Eleven, is your Wing Leader. Bad Nine," he nodded to Johnson, "Is Acting Flight Lead. I'm Captain Keth Dotch; I'm the training officer for Bad Love and have temporary control over Third Flight. My position is Executive Officer of the squadron and Bad 5, Second Flight. Outside of trainings and strict operational necessity, Flying Officer Johnson is the acting flight lead. Pilot Officer DN-70-10 is Bad Ten, Johnson's wingman. He's currently getting up to speed with Second Flight, under the training of Flight Lieutenant Andrew Vise, our Second Officer and third-in-command," Dotch now addressed all the pilots as a group, "Once DN-70-10 is up to speed and I feel that you three can operate well enough to not give away the Empire at the first sign of trouble, I'll take a step back and the whole flight will be on it's own," he turned his attention to Turr, "Flying Officer Deatar requested your resume and information. She requested her information be sent to you, in turn," Dotch turned to the whole group now and handed everyone a datachip, "I hate to be brief, but time is now against up. The time now," Dotch looked at his watch, then back at the pilots, "Almost twenty-two hundred hours. These datachips hold the location of your Pilot Quarters, our squadron's Pods, and our immediate marching orders starting at zero, zero hundred hours. I would suggest all of you get rest in quarters. The rumor around ship is something big is happening tomorrow. While I don't trust rumors, considering our recent interactions on Javin, I wouldn't discount these rumors as completely without merit. If we scramble," Dotch looked at everyone, "Bad Love is first to launch as of midnight. We got a ten hour scramble duty from zero, zero hundred hours to ten hundred hours. Get some sleep. Dismissed."

Everyone shared their salutes and started to leave; Johnson looked back at the two new pilots as they started walking in the corridors, "I'll catch you two up at Quarters. I need to go pick something up."

TAG @Sinrebirth , @Darth_Elu

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Master Sergeant Craig Anthony Stewart (DW-418121; "Animal")
    Security Office & Armory, Darkest Night, high orbit over Javin

"Yes, Lieutenant, this is Staff Sergeant Oak of security. We have a Master Sergeant Stewart in our care. He has identified you as an immediate supervisor. Can you verify the above information is correct?"

After she had done so, Oak nodded and continued, "Thank you, Lieutenant. The Master Sergeant had got into a physical altercation. We're dropping all charges in exchange for an escort back to his quarters by a superior officer and a good night's rest. Can you or someone you designate come and collect Stewart from the Security Office and Armory?"

TAG @TheAdmiral , @TheSilentInfluence

Darth_Elu and TheAdmiral like this.
  23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG: The below post is a continuation of the below storyline. I would highly recommend reading the below links provided and this post (a course), as to get the proper context and that this expanding storyline will be becoming more relevant as the game progresses deeper & deeper into the Unknown Regions.

***********************************************************************************************

IC: Corporal Joseph Venturi

Company E, 291st Infantry Regiment; Plato 997, Kingdom of Jod
    Special Assignment, detached to Research Sciences & Theory Division (RST), as a specially assigned Fireteam

MUSIC: Drowning Pool --- Bodies

"This is Baker Team! We have---argh!"

Venturi watched as the left side of the Free Jod Marine Militia's face fell apart as the Red Rock Encased Projectile Type 2 found its target; Joseph was already drawing the handle pull downward of his QF-Model 1 Infantry Rifle as he raced up to the freshly dropped body, sliding to a knee besides the bloody mess left on the wall & floor. He slammed the handle upwards just as quickly, aimed, and fired again, this time dropping another FJM with a clean chest shot a few feet back and on the opposite side of the utility corridor that ran the length of the interior of the most exterior wall, viewports spaced every so often showcasing the outside muddy crater the abandoned mining facility sat in.

Joseph continued on, getting up from his kneeling position and heading to the next position of advancement. Despite the hail of slugs being thrown at them in the corridor from the FJM defenders, Venturi was the vanguard of an advancement of Infantrymen with Lance Corporal Teddy Riva and Staff Sergeant Bill Zappa behind him in staggered formation to either sides of the corridor, with Specialist Class Four Jet Wang brining up the rear with the wounded RST suit trailing. While Wang held onto his LR-Model 2 Blaster Rifle out of necessity, he nonetheless maintained a steady & accurate fire from the rear, while the rest of the fireteam advanced with newer QF-Model 1 Infantry Rifles they had acquired from the dead bodies of the Specs from earlier.

There would be no contest, despite the Jod soldiers being out-numbered & outgunned by 4 soldiers to 16 FJM defenders who had the added benefit of being able to focus their firepower into a choke-point corridor with little room to maneuver. The dedicated and masterful training of even the average Infantryman in the His Majesty's Infantry Corps was superior in almost everyway to even more technology advanced armies, from accuracy to tactics to their body armor that prevented the flood of slugs from doing any meaningful damage unless with a direct hit.

The FJM bodies hit the floor, one after another, as the Infantrymen advanced in a coordinated effort that few could stop or even hope top match. Their accuracy and discipline under pressure could not hoped to be matched by many, let alone the FJM.

Joseph made it to his next spot, but quickly ran full speed and checked the FJM soldier into the utility alcove of which he had appeared from, and then dropped the man with a point-blank shot in the man's chest. The soldier's body shook violently from the impact as the insides of his chest cavity painted themselves on the backside of the wall. But Joseph had little time to watch the man's life slowly fade from him as his will to live fled his body, as he snapped around at a yell from a soldier running full force at him from the other side of the wall. Before the enemy could reach him though, his foolish actions caught him in the crossfire and his body dropped to the ground.

Wasting no time, Venturi went about rejoining the fight when another FJM rushed him into the utility alcove, at which point the corporal clocked the man full in the face with the butt of his rifle and then blasted him away, watching his body stumble backwards into the corridor and collapse. Still determined, Venturi made another effort to leave the small utility alcove, this time being successful and rejoining the fight after kneeling and taking aim and shooting dead 2 FJM soldiers within sight. Their numbers dwindling, cracks in their defense were forming, as the remaining 6 militia soldiers were starting to feel the pressure.

As Venturi came out of the alcove, he heard the dreaded click from his rifle and immediately dropped it and grabbed his boot knife, charging the next man in his sight and wrestling him to the ground, driving his small knife into the man's throat. The man was still witching in death when Joseph had to snap around and throw his boot knife into the FJM soldier across the way, dropping the man with a knife in his head. Still then, he had to roll off of the first dead man to avoid a rain of slug fire at point blank range from still yet another enemy soldier and when he got back up, he snapped kicked the man's left knee out of place, watching the militia soldier crumple in pain. Then Joseph drew his Standard Issue Army-Navy Revolver from its holster and fired a single shot into the man's head. The soldier collapsed, only for Joseph to turn to his next targets and be frozen in fear as two guns were pointed at him. But in the same breath it took him to realize his time was up, the two remaining FJM soldiers by the single blast door fell to the ground among a hail of gunfire. Joseph looked to see the rest of the squad catch up.

"You dropped this," Riva said, tossing Joseph his discarded QF-Model 1, in whom the man nodded his thanks.

"They welded the door shut!" Zappa complained as he checked the door, "We need to get it open!"

20 minutes later.....

"Well, what's next?" Riva asked, his voice as down and rejected as everyone else felt. Atop the hill, the squad of infantrymen, the surviving RST suit, and 5 surviving Specs all waited for pick-up. Off in the near distance, the mining facility was flaming debris as an orbital bombardment had reduced it to such.

"No idea," Joseph replied, sitting on the ground and chewing away at some hardtack, as he watched the facility burn, "We missed capturing him and who knows where he's at now."

"You'll be coming with us," the RST suit replied as a Spec medic bandaged him up as he sat up against a tree, drawing everyone's attention, "We know where they're going. The trick will be making them think we don't know where that is."

"And where's that?" Riva asked.

The RST suit smirked, "Free Jod Colony."

Zappa almost choked on his water, "They wouldn't be that crazy! That would eliminate any good political will they have left with the Capital World!"

Wang smiled, "And that's what they want," the convicted felon replied (serving time in the military to clear his criminal record), "To drag in the government and make it look like we're attacking them without reason. Gain political points at the expense of the expendable. The Cause is greater then one person or one colony. And the FJM will do what they must to ensure its survival."

"You speak like one of those rebels," said a Spec distastefully, "Tell us why we shouldn't kill you now for treason?"

"Because you won't," the RST suit replied.

The Spec only looked at the suit and nodded, then looked to Wang a moment longer, then walked away a few feet to look for their transport to pick them up.

TBC

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    Darth_Elu and TheAdmiral like this.
  24. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Havah Jeth

Throughout this whole ordeal Havah kept his hands visible, noting how Billy and the strong silent type reacted. This wasn't the right time to make a move and so he had let it play out. Winterkill was following Palso, so if things went too far he would get involved. As was he was merely making sure that the cards didn't get messed up. Billy glanced to Havah Jeth, then to Winterkill, then to Palso. He slowly put the hammer back in his pistol and holstered it, stating, "Not worth my time." At the same time, Tora deactivated his Tac-SS-1 Strategic Staff, swirling it back to the small of his back as it closed itself back up, everything ending in one smooth motion. Finally something useful about that one, a starting point at least if he ever had to fight him.

Billy smoothed his clothes out as Tora moved to a standing position beside the holo table, positioning himself between Billy and Havah at the edge of the table. Billy started dealing cards out again as calmly as he had before across the table to Havah, "Tora seems inclined to stand out this round, Mr. Jeth," Billy said, looking up from the table to Havah, "You won last round, therefore, your turn to draw first...."

With a nod he tapped the table before taking a card. Jim looked to the droids, "Get to the cockpit. Make sure we have eyes on the controls, least we face a unknown hazard in hyperspace."

"I heartingly agree with you, Captain Palso," Walking Library replied, lowering his arms and looking at the astromech, "Come along Bugger!"

The astromech replied with whistles and beeps that clearly annoyed the TXC-170 Repair Droid, who blurted out as the droids left the crew lounge, "Oh switch off!"

As the droids walked past, Palso holstered his own blaster and looked up to Winterkill with an outstretched hand, "A little help, bud? We'll need to take care of this in the crew cabin. There's a full medkit in there."

"I believe your definition of full could do with an upgrade." Havah muttered as he motioned for Billy to take his turn and draw. Dealing with secrets instead of credits made the game a lot more interesting without proper stakes to raise. Lowering his hand to the side he gestured out a quick signal to Winterkill to give him some warning next time Palso went half-cocked.

TAG @greyjedi125 , @Bravo

Bravo, Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Crew Lounge, Hunk of Junk

No one was dead, so that was good.

"A little help, bud?” Jim said looking up at the nagai. Winterkill did not hesitate to oblige, pulling the man up, then placing himself under his shoulder to help him walk. Across the room, the card game continued as if nothing had happened. It was business as usual.

“We'll need to take care of this in the crew cabin. There's a full medkit in there." Palso added as Winterkill looked on impassively.

"I believe your definition of full could do with an upgrade." Havah quipped, fully knowing that Winterkill would glance his way, expecting a non-verbal component to his statement.

The nagai adjusted himself to better prop up Palso, receiving that which was offered and at the same time signed back.

Next time

There was nothing much left to say as Winterkill assisted the hot-tempered gunslinger out of the crew lounge. Once he was sure they were out of listening range and his voice wouldn’t carry, he felt relatively confident to speak.

“So, you wanted to get shot.” Winterkill simply stated. It wasn’t a question. Jim had walked into the crew lounge with his safety strap already off, clearly telegraphing his intentions, in a way, setting up everything that followed next. It made it easier for him to manipulate events. It was clever maneuver, but also very risky. Jim took a gamble and was fortunate Billy hadn’t decided that the space between his eyes made a more attractive target.

“So, what’s the plan….?” He asked.

Winterkill was beginning to suspect there was an additional layer to what was going on. Palso’s last stunt had Captain Taller written all over it.

He was quite certain of it.

Tag: @Bravo, *(@Mitth_Fisto)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    Bravo, Darth_Elu and Mitth_Fisto like this.