main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Yes as of this moment the KoR are Snoke's boys, nothing has been confirmed that they are in anyway those students that left the night Ben turned to the Dark Side.

2. TheGhostOfZero

TheGhostOfZero Jedi Master star 2

Sep 5, 2016
    Someone made these, I thought they were pretty cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  3. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    If the Knights of Ren aren't featured in IX, I hope they're given an anthology movie.

TheLastHaterOfZero and kalzeth like this.
  4. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I think Kyp Durron would make a good Knight of Ren

TheLastHaterOfZero and kalzeth like this.
  5. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    "Let the past die... The Jedi. The Sith. The Empire. The Rebellion..."

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” Sir Winston Churchill

The universe isn't as simple as Kylo believes. He and Rey opened a vacuum in the darkside by killing Snoke. Kylo isn't 100% dark. Two films have established this fact. Thus, logically, Kylo won't be the "heir apparent" to Snoke's power.

It's my opinion that the KoR are an existing group that Kylo joined post-Luke. JJ said it already existed. The Christen last name, "Ren", is Kylo's as well.

So at this point, most of us are assuming the KoR are made up of the fallen Jedi students. That's certainly plausible.

The reality is this group could be any type of skilled / Force wielding warriors. The Praetorian Guard put up an impressive fight. Are the KoR better? The US President isn't protected by Seal Team Six. He's protected by the Secret Service. Both important jobs - but approached from different angles.

The point being: Knights of Ren have to be a type of Force using Order; like the Jedi Order had Jedi Knights. What type of power the use is yet to be seen. It's even possible the founding member "Ren" is still around. While Snoke calls Kylo, "Master of the Knights of Ren", recall that Jedi are also called, "Master Jedi", "Jedi Master", etc. In other words there is room for more than one "master" in a system of belief.

Why did Kylo ask Rey to join him? Reylo? I'm sure that was part of the package. I think he needs her help to eliminate the KoR.

Will they be in #9? I hope so. It would give Kylo and Rey another challenge to work together.

Darth Gummybear, milena and Yora like this.
  6. Yora

Yora Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2016
    I agree. I believe that the KoR were created before Kylo's fall. Maybe they were a very old order like the Jedi or the Sith, a third option, that was exterminated (similar to the Templar Knights) centuries ago. Kylo and half of the Jedi students, influenced by Snoke (he was maybe part of the Ren order, he survived all these years and wanted revenge) rebuilt this old order while training with Luke. That's why the students agreed to follow Kylo, by solidarity for the group.

I don't think that there is another master than Kylo. There is a difference between "Master Ren", "Master Jedi" and "Master of the KoR", "Master of the Jedi Knights". One refers to the rank of master while the other suggest instantly the role of leader.

7. milena

milena Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2018
  8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What if the student that turned on Luke were sleeper agents for Snoke right from the beginning? No I don't know how Snoke would secretly get Luke to unknowingly pick half a dozen Snoke sleeper agents but it is really any more of a crazy idea than Luke being seemingly obvious that half his students were a bunch of dark side loving bad seeds?

Wouldn't it make more since that these students were bad to begin with rather than Kylo convincing half of them in one single night to go and kill the other half of the students and to burn down Luke's temple? What so Kylo was all, "Luke just tried to kill me!" and half his student were all "@#$% that guy!!! Ugh!!! Let's burn it all down and kill everybody in our way!!!" What? No. That can't be how it happened.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    KSennia and kalzeth like this.
  9. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Without the stringent rules and structure of the previous Jedi Order in place, I'm willing to bet dissention may have been more common, allowing many to side with Ben. Lukes academy had no Council, temple guards, nor the framework to weed out pupils that veered to the dark side. One master and multiple padawans clearly wasn't the best formula. Not to mention, they weren't all young when recruitment began - a teen strays from the rules far more than a child.

10. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe. That would kinda feed into Luke's line about how he wasn't afraid of Ben Solo's raw power before. If Luke wasn't initially concerned about Ben's raw power maybe he wasn't concerned about the behavior of some of his students.

I feel like more information about the some of Luke's students turning into the KOR could provide great character moments for Luke, Ben and the KOR and the students that were killed. If they don't explore that and leave it all up the audiences imagination it would be a missed opportunity for some good storytelling.

11. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    Didnt JJ mention somewhere that KOR are loyal to Kylo not Snoke ? I remember reading it somewhere.

12. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    The way I read it is their loyalty to Snoke and their loyalty to Kylo aren't contradictory for the KoR, Snoke being their founder must have a greater significance but they're still surrounded by mystery.

13. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    I suppose JJ doing ep9 now increases the chances of seeing them. But for them to be more that Praetorian Guards 2: electric boogaloo, there must be something more to them than being canon fodder...i hope so :)

Anyway, although we can't be sure of anything in the ST, i still think the KoR will logicallly have a part to play in the next film. Just a glimpse of them in the first, an allusion to other students joining Ben in the second movie and, bang!, here they are and the last one. Sounds like perfect timing to me. Now that Snoke and his guards are gone we need something new for our villain..a groupe of force-sensitive pirates would do it IMO hehe...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  14. Oryx-I

Oryx-I Force Ghost star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Since the knights of Ren had costumes mirroring Kylo's from TFA, especially with them all wearing some kind of medieval helmets, woudn't they look odd with a now unmasked Kylo ?
    I'm pretty sure JJ will want to use them, as he clearly placed them in the background as a future plot point for the sequels to TFA. But Rian Johnson painted him in a corner with the destroyed helmet and the total absence of the knights of Ren in TLJ. Now, they will have to be introduced as completely new vilains (one thing's for sure, the GA has no clue they even exist), with probably new costumes to match Kylo's new appearance, and all six of them will have to be killed before the end of the very same movie.

For me, It screams more canon fodder than complex characters with flash-backs about their tortured past.

TheLastHaterOfZero and 11-4D like this.
  15. Yora

Yora Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2016
    Well maybe the fact that Kylo destroyed his helmet and kind of distanced himself from Vader will be a source of conflict between him and the KoR. The absence of Kylo's mask could be a physical representation of the future divide between Kylo and the Knights of Ren.

11-4D likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Captain Panaka is actually dead, sorry to ruin your dreams.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe he got Mauled back? Who knows.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He blew up so I think he got Snoke dead.

19. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Crazy Prediction! The Knights of Ren take off their helmets in Ep. 9 and Rey is all, "OMG! It's my mom, dad, aunts, and uncles!!!" Hey-oooooooooooo!!!

Krueger likes this.
  20. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Kylo can always get a new helmet to spite Snoke. It was Snoke who made fun of it.

21. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Or......

They take off their helmets and it's Luke, Han, Leia, Obi-Wan, Mace and Qui-Gon? :D

22. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Or...they take off their helmets and they're all Rey's! That's what the cave was trying to tell her!

Darth Smurf likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    10/10 would watch.

24. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Prediction! The Knights of Ren take off their helmets and confirm that they are in fact some of Luke's former students. At that moment Force Ghost Luke shows up:

Luke: Wait...who are you guys? You look...a little familiar but I can't quite place it.

KOR: Luke! It's US!

Luke: Us who?

KOR: Your former students!

Luke: That can't be true. My former students are dead.

KOR: Uh...yeah! We're the ones that killed them!

Luke: But...you just said you were my former students. You didn't kill yourselves!

KOR: What!?!?! What????!?!?!

Luke: Look how can you say that you're my former students and say that you killed my former students? Wait...I get it now...clones.

KOR: Okay. Real quick. There were a dozen of us. Six of us killed six of the other students.

Luke: There were a dozen Knights of Ren? Where are the other guys? Do I know them?

KOR: And now I remember why I chose Snoke over you.

KSennia and 11-4D like this.
  25. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016