main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    If he turns back to the light will they be called the Days of Ben?

2. AveKender

AveKender Jedi Padawan

Mar 27, 2017
    The Lights of Zen.

3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The Tights of Men.

4. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    I hope not...

AveKender likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Scandinavian copies of the film name them the Knights of Sven.

6. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    If Kylo doesn't have the KoR at his disposal, does he have an apprentice or an elite guard of some other kind? It would be a little odd if he didn't. But I guess Vader never did (in the films).

As Supreme Leader though it makes sense for him to have some guards. And with Phasma gone it makes sense that he'll have some other kind of top lieutenant that isn't Hux.

So, two voids to fill there...

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    His 2 henchman will be Matt Smith and Dominic Monaghan and they will eccentric all of their opponents to death.

8. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    I think he should appoint the next senior KOR as their master and his apprentice.

9. Marathonjedi77

Marathonjedi77 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    I want a scene with Kylo on the throne with the knights on either side of him.The camera follows someone walking from the perspective of his feet then slowly pans's up as he is presented with his new helmet.All the knight's kneel as he puts it on then he stands and gives orders to destroy the jedi or something like that.This would also be the opposite of Darth Vader being redeemed at the end of Jedi and taking his helmet off to expose his true self to Luke.Ben is truly gone by this symbolic putting on of the helmet.

10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    There'll be an early scene of them hunting down Force-sensitives, saying "Join us or die".
    That'll be the tagline for the KOR character posters.

Rodie and Marathonjedi77 like this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Full name is the Knights of Rennet. They’re really just a hipster crew that makes artisanal cheeses.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    godisawesome likes this.
  12. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Let's face it the KoR are not important. If they were, they would've been at least mentioned in passing in TLJ.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Artisanal cheese is important to me.

Makarios and godisawesome like this.
  14. OGGUNGAN

OGGUNGAN Jedi Master

Dec 8, 2014
    I would say the KoR will have a significant role due to the fact they are most likely Luke's former students.

15. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    ...in a comic book. :(

dlbates likes this.
  16. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Who thinks Kylo will put his mask back on? Or...Should there be a poll? I don't know what I think about that, could go either way!

17. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    I think he shouldn't at this point. I feel they used the scene of him smashing it as him starting to become his own person instead of trying to be a copy of Vader. He hated Snoke at this point and probably resented him pretty much saying he just wanted a Vader (his personal attack dog, no more no less). I think this was his first step in becoming Supreme Leader.

18. OGGUNGAN

OGGUNGAN Jedi Master

Dec 8, 2014

19. OGGUNGAN

OGGUNGAN Jedi Master

Dec 8, 2014

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I want the mask back. Or perhaps a different one.

21. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    They'll be back, to redouble their efforts at hunting Jedi Rey. As the Knights of Ren and Stimpy.

godisawesome likes this.
  22. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    The mask and the voice are awesome together. When you think of the ST, you think of TFA Kylo Ren.

JediLight likes this.
  23. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Hopefully they aren't just generic bad guys. I hope we get a feel for why they betrayed Luke and maybe a few of them can come back to the light.

godisawesome likes this.
  24. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    At minimum, they should be elite mooks with cool visuals and fun action scenes, like Star Wars versions of the Ring Wraiths.

Hopefully, they are more than that, with at least a one member who can be Kylo's confidant for narrative purposes, and like you said, having one or two return to the light would be cool.

Lulu Mars and chrcharcor2 like this.
  25. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Not necessarily. For two reasons I think:

1. The ST has obviously not been produced with an overarching plot/narrative that must be adhered to. JJ and Kasdan mostly wrote TFA to tell a great stand alone film and only roughly hued to the Lucas ST storyline. Then RJ wrote and locked down TLJ before TFA had even been released as apparently had a ton of freedom in where he took this story.
    2. Maybe even more important than #1, TLJ takes place literally right after TFA. That means there is just not a lot of time to work the KOR into the story. IX won’t have this problem, and I could see the KOR being important to Kylo now that he is the supreme leader.

JediLight and rorow1 like this.