main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ireallylikestarwarssomuch

Ireallylikestarwarssomuch Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2017
    Why else would Rey sneak the Jedi texts? This movie may end up being a redemption arc for the Jedi in general. They failed, fell, and emerged again only to hit a major roadblock. Could be that Rey learns how to be a wiser teacher and leads not only in the Rebellion but in the New Jedi Order.

2. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Hopefully the knights show up, give Kylo a new helmet and tell him to get his **** together. Kylo was a total badass in the first scene of TFA. We need him to be scary again.

kalzeth likes this.
  3. yanote

yanote Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2016
    I bet the KoR will appear in EPISODE IX as they are JJ's creation.

4. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    With no time jump from TFA to TLJ, perhaps they're at their temple: (speculation) Vader's Castle on Mustafar.

5. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I think they'll show up in IX. Hopefully they'll be a big part of the story. There are six to be taken out by the end. My guess is we'll see Rey take out one within the first act of the story, one will be killed by Kylo at some point, one or two may be killed in space combat, one killed by Finn or Poe, and possibly one brought back to the lightside of the Force by Rey. Of course that's just a major speculation from me.
    Ren is a title, like Darth. Can there be more than one Ren at a time? I was under the impression that the Knights of Ren was everyone in the flashback scene in TFA. That includes Kylo and all those Knights have Ren in their names. Or is there only one Ren at a time and the rest are his/her Knights?

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Interesting speculation. My original speculation was maybe they were all Rens and it was some ancient order that Kylo was trying to bring back. It seemed to fall in line with all the other Sith artifacts and lore he was interested in possessing or restoring.

kalzeth and TadoFett like this.
  7. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Maybe they’re leading the legions we read about in the scroll.

I wonder if they’re Snoke’s creation and Ben and the students he spared joined them.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    ShaneP and kalzeth like this.
  8. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I really hope They're in IX! I will be disappointed if not.....I mean what is Rey's Vision from TFA about? must be future right? No explanation what it's about in TLJ and they don't appear in TLJ, I hope Rey has a handful of Students or Allies to face off with KoR.

jc1138 and kalzeth like this.
  9. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    My hope is they will feature prominently in 9, and perhaps set up a showdown with Rey's new Jedi Order. It is going to be really interesting to see how JJ further develops Kylo as "Supreme Leader." I hope they make Hux less of a clown, though. I'd just assume have Kylo kill him at this point.

10. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    The KoR in E9 will destroy Rey & a few Padawans. Luke is really needed to balance this out. :mad:

11. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Nah. They won't have a big role. We might see them again but they're just going to be Ep. 9's version of Snoke's red guards.

wobbits likes this.
  12. Yora

Yora Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2016
    I doubt so. JJ Abrams always seemed to like the KOR. He even said that he would like to watch an anthology movie about them. So I don't think that their importance will be equivalent to the Praetorian Guard.

Darth Gummybear likes this.
  13. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Maybe they left them out till 9 because it will make more sense to casual fans now that Ren is Supreme Leader.

14. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Nothing bad can happen to Rey though. I'm sure LF will make sure she beats them all or something.

15. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Praetorian guards..dead....Snoke....dead....Phasma...dead.....i think chance are high we'll see them in flesh next time, well i hope so!

Strongbow likes this.
  16. Darth_Nubian

Darth_Nubian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    If I had to put money on it, I'd bet the Knights of Ren will go the way of Snoke and be nothing in Episode 9. That or JJ works to undo the things that Rian did with his ideas and themes from TFA, which is highly unlikely, IMO.

However, since we know the Knights were all Luke trainees, it could be cool if Episode 9 was a chase to build the best "Force" team, as it were. Rey could recruit Maz and try to recruit some of the Knights of Ren, as Kylo works to bring the Knights back together under his new FO.

I don't know, Episode 9 is completely tied to Kylo's motivation after the events of TLJ and I have no idea what his motivation is. Is he going to do what he said and drop the notions of Sith and Jedi and just do his best to rule the galaxy, or is he going to waste his time chasing the Falcon through space until they find a lucky way to end his life?

17. Plan741

Plan741 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 22, 2015

I do believe we will see them, possibly in the rain scene from TFA. That wasn't the Temple planet but somewhere else. The future? And Rey was there as an intruder in the vision, and Ren reacted to her presence. These are the real bad dudes of this piece, they gotta be. Certainly my favorite part of TFA.

Ren's outfit is straight Revan, A name lost to time,,,,Ren

Doom_Buggy and kalzeth like this.
  18. Plan741

Dec 22, 2015
    We saw past in the beginning of the vision. It ended on Starkiller base, the future. The Knights were somewhere before that and it wasn't associated with the burning temple, I dare say they are future

19. Plan741

Dec 22, 2015
    I remember reading that Snoke was drawn to Ben because he represented a nexus between the dark and the light. If you recall from Knights of the Old Republic, Revan mastered the darkness and the light in his lifetime. Apparently his medal was seen in Luke;s possession, the Jedi code was being whispered to Rey, Ren;s outfit is pretty much inspired by Revan's and minus a v and an a you get Ren. The Unknown Regions, where Revan sought the Star Forge and fell to the darkside, was located there. These regions have been added back to the canonical galaxy map for Star Wars, and this is where Revan brought back overwhelmingly huge Star Destroyers of limitless supply to crush the republic. And oh yeah, the Empire fled there and from the Unknown Regions is where the First Order emerged. Smell the bantha tracks?

20. MasterPrince713

MasterPrince713 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2017
    I agree; they're JJ's creation, it'd make sense for them to be in Ep. IX.

RJ included the Guards instead of the KoR because TLJ was about defying expectations and the Red Guards were fodder in the last two Trilogies. He cut out the original knight-island scene, because....What? Not putting a proper duel in Ep. VIII defied expectations?

I think there should be a major timeskip with Rey's New Jedi vs. the Knights of Ren.

TadoFett likes this.
  21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Actually, they are the Knights Who Say Ren! and people seldom live to tell the tell. They will be defeated by Darth Roger the Blue Milker.

Darthur C. Clarke and Strongbow like this.
  22. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    Yea, that's what I'm most curious about. Is Rey going to be beaten at all in 9?

I know she's never going to be in any real danger so I wonder how they're going to build any tension around her character.

dekaneas likes this.
  23. MasterPrince713

MasterPrince713 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2017
    Could be we get ANOTHER new character or characters and Ep. IX happens around them with Rey serving as a Yoda-like figure.

A timeskip, if we get one (fingers crossed), then the new rookies are introduced to different sides to show growth.

It's a possibility.

24. Marathonjedi77

Marathonjedi77 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    Do we know for certain that the scene of the Knights in the rain wasn't the distance future?At least ep 9 future?

25. Plan741

Dec 22, 2015
    And Finn shall bring them a shrubbery. Something nice. And not too expensive.