main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    The title of Darth = portmanteau of dark Sith

The title of Ren = portmanteau of regiment of Ben???

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe Constable Zuvio is a KoR [face_thinking]

kalzeth likes this.
  3. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Would the other KoR have killed or tried to kill their parents like Kylo?

If we don't get the KoR in present time, do you think we'll still get them in an extended flashback scene?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    nld3 likes this.
  4. Yora

Yora Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2016
    I don't think the task to earn the "Ren" name is to kill your parents in particular. Ben Solo was already Kylo Ren, even before Han's murder. So it's probably something else. It could simply be the murder of an innocent person, no matter what the person is to you.

I definitely want a flashback with them but I kinda feel that TLJ was the perfect opportunity to do so and now the occasion is gone. There is two options:
    • If they are related to the main plot, if we discover for example that the KoR's main mission was the search of something that the Resistance or the First Order now want (a place or a relic like the Saint-Graal), then yes, a flashback is likely and needed.
    • If not, if they are just Kylo's old buddies and nothing more, then no, a flashback is irrelevant. A simple sentence is enough.

5. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    The test of killing a parent was particular to Kylo from what I understand. It was what Snoke felt was Kylo's personal issue keeping him from fully embracing the dark.

6. Nadroj ilain

Nadroj ilain Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2018
    They definitely have to have some sort of influence on the current story since he still uses the name kylo ren.

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Dang, that would be interesting. It would probably mitigate some complaints about Luke not training enough (or any) of the future generation of Jedi, too.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  8. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Kylo wants to do away with the past. No Sith. No Jedi.

An order of Ren with he at the top as Supreme leader would be a good bit of world building.

Sadly I fear the new franchises have little to no interest in world building at all. Rian has said he constantly made creative decisions to deliberately avoid exposition in favour of moving characters forward.

For Snoke he said he didn't even have "30 seconds" to spare as this would hold up Rey's journey. As Snoke's backstory was something Rey didn't find important (Rian's take) then neither should we.

All good. But in practice a jouney only makes sense if there's a point of origin. Without origins this ST is pretty aimless.

It was a creative fail. Even fans like myself who enjoyed TLJ superficially now feel let down after the fact that there is so little meat on the bone of this Saga.

Perhaps If JJ presents the KOR as a destination (ie everything is building up to them) then we have a chance of seeing them.

If they are all in the past, however, we'll likely get nada. They'll just he in tbe way of the character arcs...which are alleged to exist.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    KSennia and kalzeth like this.
  9. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    I just want to see the Episode IX poster littered with darksiders (KoR).

That would get me excited

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am really exited to learn about these guys in 9. Especially their past.

11. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    But those bounty hunters weren't a part of an organisation the main villain was the leader of. Had they been Vader's acolytes, then I believe there would have been a bigger issue had they never had anything done with them.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  12. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Since the Knights of Ren have largely gone unexplained, I'd like to see them in Episode 9 and at least get an understanding of what their role in the First Order is. I don't think they need to be a huge part of it, though. Maybe have Kylo use them as his version of the Praetorian Guards, the First Order's green berets in a battle scene, or something.

Heck, with Kylo's newfound interest in letting the past die, maybe have him decide that the Knights serve no purpose in his version of the First Order and have them disbanded or kills them, or something (that would be a cool fight scene, Kylo vs. a group of Knights).

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I will also be very interested to see each of their backstories and why they joined Kylo

kalzeth likes this.
  14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Two questions:

1) Do you all expect any of the Knights of Ren to speak?
    2) Do you think all or most of them will be killed off?

15. Yora

Yora Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2016
    1) Yes, and I even except them to be unmasked at some point.
    2) If they aren't already dead then I except most of them to be killed off. Maybe one or two will surrender.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  16. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Followup question! Will Chewie rip off one of their arms? Up until now I didn't really care if the Knights of Ren appeared in another movie but now that I've thought about Chewie ripping off their arms I really want them to come back! How rad would that be?!?!?!?

kalzeth likes this.
  17. Yora

Yora Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2016
    Interesting! I think that Chewie has clearly some internal anger that he needs to exteriorize so it would be perfect to see him rip off some limbs. Also their heavy armor will hide the blood.

18. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I hope he goes one further and throws one of the Knights on top of Kylo's light saber.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Yora likes this.
  19. Yora

Yora Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2016
    Why not, we saw one of a Praetorian guard being mixed and becoming confetti in the TLJ, so everything is possible.

20. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    1) No
    2) All killed.
    3) All former Luke Students who went with KR. My guess for their background.

21. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I know that TLJ suggested the KOR were Luke's former students but do you think the movie will explicitly tell us that?

22. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    Dont know. JJ created their concept. Dont know if the two talked...RJ left it all ambiguous. Could go in any direction. I think its a plot hole that needs to be filled. Kylo took some of Luke's students.....and.........??

kalzeth likes this.
  23. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    and...went to Disneyland. Hilarious I know.

Seriously though I could see Kylo pointing out to Rey that the KOR are Luke's former students. It could be Kylo's way of telling Rey that Luke was a failure as a teacher.

DarthBane93 likes this.
  24. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    Maybe...but my big problem with this is it opens up the question again regarding Luke..."Why the **** didnt he even care about his other students if any of them survived the massacre?". To me this is opening up questions that shouldnt be there to begin with. Ben is a bad seed...but other students are also bad seeds? What does this say about Luke, not only as a teacher, but then also wouldnt he try and save or redeem his other students too then? If he truely believes its too late for Ben....what about his other students??

Yora and kalzeth like this.
  25. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Indeed. Those other students are completely ignored and it's odd that it's never addressed. Luke didn't sense them going bad I guess? How could he not sense half a dozen of his students going bad? Hubris I know.

Also how and why did those students go bad? I'm guessing it'll never be addressed. In all honesty none of this really bothers me but I admit it leaves a big hole in the story. Maybe there will be a mediocre comic book about it.

DarthBane93, kalzeth and Darth Smurf like this.