main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    As mutch as i lke the theory i hope the knights of Ren and the jedi students are different. I seem to recall they were a grupe of knights before Ben killed the students. I think the other students is in hiding and running around waiting for a new hope and teacher.

2. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I really doubt they'll get much development at all. I'm expecting about as much development as we got with the bounty hunters in ESB (i.e. none.) Then there will be a bunch of comics, etc, that will tell us more than we ever wanted to know about them.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I actually think the knigts of ren will get a little development unlike bounty hunters who no one cares about, they are a favorite of JJ. I thnk the get as mutch development as the characters like Boba fett and Phasma, they look acooll nd be badass unlike the two losers with helmets.

4. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I'm thinking Ben and the other students joined the Knights. But the non-Force wielding Knights basically fell to Kylo and the other six. A bit of a hostile takeover.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think a little to mutch exposure for the other students other then in minor roles when Rey finds them and together the join and pledge to reubild and honor Luke's legacy. It is also rvealed kights of Ren are force sensetives and it seems some of them has lightsabers, maybe taken from the dead students. I aslo don't think the students would dressing as knights and bet they don't have a vader hard on as Ben. Kylo builds himself after Vader thats why he has the mask. the other ones i think are more like the acolytes from the beyond.

6. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Better for the KoR to be a different band of warriors, and Luke's lost students remain lost but are potential force users in the future for Rey to seek out and bring back into the Jedi fold and the new order in future books, comics, etc.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yess THIS. Rey and the other gang of orce users rebuild the jedi and hoor Luke's legacy. wie will get books and probaly a tv show animation of their exploits of rebuilding the jedi and battle small crimes as pirates and criminal syndicates.

8. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Finding Luke's lost students could be a job for Leia as well in future stories. If they were young and had to somehow escape from Kylo's grasp before he brought them to Snoke, maybe there are a handful of force sensitives scattered around the galaxy in hiding.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yess Leia even with limited training could give them guidance and patience. Also don't forget force ghost that gives you advice and lessons of the force and we have 5 force ghosts the wisest being Yoda and Qui gon.

10. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I don't know if anyone remembers the comics that came out with TPM? There was often a still from TPM with an arrow pointing to a background character saying "What's this guy's story?" I can't recall why it was there but it was a great way to get the imagination going about background characters.

I really hope the KOR don't have loads of background spelled out - it'll be good to imagine - and I really hope that any that are are not convoluted or "galaxy-changing". Make them cool and mysterious please!

11. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Cool as the seeming confirmation that other students left with Ben is, it's still neither here-nor-there on whether they're the Knights or not.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  12. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I guess they became the Ren. Or Kylo was given command of the Ren like Vader in the 3rd draft of ANH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Or they just left to go their own way, or they left with Ben but Snoke didn't see them as necessary/worthy and had them killed (by Ben or otherwise), or they left and fought with Ben & Snoke for a while but didn't live to see the ST.

Not saying they're not the Knights (much as I hope they're not it's easily the most simple explanation for them to indeed be), but there's a lot of ways "some students turned bad and followed Ben's lead outta dodge" could go.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  14. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I hope they release a box set of figures. Black series. That will be a must-buy for me.

Neesh likes this.
  15. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Oh I'm sure we'll see them all in Black Series, looking forward to it

Neesh likes this.
  16. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Honestly, a part of me worries that they will be a detraction from the main plotlines of TROS. It's hard to introduce a new army of villains which has supposedly been there the whole time in the third act of a trilogy. Where were they during VII and VIII? What were they doing? How will they fit in, along with the Jedi vs. Dark Side, Resistance vs. First Order, Palpatine's return, and everything else.
    Edit: In addition to the Sith Troopers

Will they be background thug villains like the Praetorian Guards who are easily disposed of, or will they live up to the trilogy-long hype? (doubtful at this point).

I kind of wish that the Knights had been eradicated before the start of the trilogy except for Kylo, but it's possible that they will help create a good addition to the narrative.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    You can cover what the deal with the Knights was in the first two films pretty easily, a little exposition dialogue, take ten seconds.

18. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    TFA & TLJ happened over the course of a few days, all you have to say is they were out on a mission. Simple, and exactly what it sounds like we're getting.

19. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    J. J. Abrams: “[Kylo Ren] is a character who came to the name Kylo Ren when he joined a group called the Knights of Ren.” (August 12, 2015)

Looking through my old archives, maybe some of these stories hold some water now more than they did 5-6 years ago when they were possibly discarded or shelved at the time, but now Abrams is back. He did say there were many ideas he and Kasdan had at the time they couldn't get into for TFA.

/Film - Rumor: Potential Details Revealed About ‘Star Wars 7’ Villains (June 16, 2014)

Latino Review - EXCLUSIVE! Star Wars Episode VII's Villains Revealed! (August 15, 2014)

See also:
    https://boards.theforce.net/posts/55988358/
    https://boards.theforce.net/posts/55988390/
    https://boards.theforce.net/posts/55877099/

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    HevyDevy likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Seen multiple references on other sites to one of the Knights being named Cairo Grater.

Named as such when Scooby Doo attempted to say "Kylo".

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I know Cairo Grater well. He’s that guy who used to hang out with Egypto Cheez.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Unironically, it appears to be the Knight whose mask looks like a grater. And probably filmed some desert scene somewhere near Egypt.

Computating that data, the name is probably true.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Diminished Comet

Diminished Comet Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 27, 2017
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  25. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Fine by me....would be nice to see some serious battling going on. Hopefully, the Knights have some modicum of Force abilities to make things interesting...