main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Who takes them out? Finn and Jannah? Would show Finn has truly come into his own if he at least takes out a couple KoR in the end battle.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That would be delightfully wholesome if Finn takes them out for drinks.

NOTJEDIMATERIAL likes this.
  3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I have a feeling that all six won't make it to the finale and even then they will be with Rey, Kylo and Palpatine (in the Sith Temple) and not on the SSD.

4. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Finn stomping a KoR in combat would be awesome. Really hoping those guys are more bark than bite, just non-force users who believe in all the religious mumbo-jumbo, like an "Evil Church Of The Force" type of deal, San Tekka's opposite number. Somehow that's way more interesting, personally, and if it's the case it'd be awesome having Finn/Poe/whoever get a chance to waste a couple of 'em.

Kinda figuring with the reports of Ben taking them on at some point they probably are forcies, though. Schmeh.

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    A
    I really can't see the KoR making it to the final battle and the confrontation with Sidious either.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  6. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    CBR - Star Wars: Charles Soule Pulls Back the Curtain On The Rise of Kylo Ren

See also: https://boards.theforce.net/posts/55989185/

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It really seems like the Knights of Ren aren't Luke's former students. If that's the case then it begs the question where are they? Are they still alive? Could they be found and become Jedi in stories set after TROS? If so then the foundation for the new Jedi Order is still laid by Luke Skywalker.

8. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Can't see them living through this, personally, but that's an interesting take. ^ Could be they outlive Ben.

9. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    Hope to see them and they are good dark side characters...hope it's raining agsin tho I think I seen a picture of them in the desert

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah, doesn't seem like it to me.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09/18/full-marvel-comics-december-2019-solicitations-incoming/

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF KYLO REN #1 (OF 4)
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • WILL SLINEY (A)
    COVER BY CLAYTON CRAIN
    VARIANT COVER BY CARMEN CARNERO
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    MOVIE VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    WITH BEN SOLO’S FALL… COMES KYLO REN’S RISE!
    Young Ben Solo is legendary Jedi Luke Skywalker’s most promising pupil. As the son of Rebel Alliance heroes Leia Organa and Han Solo, as well as Luke’s own nephew, Ben has the potential to be a great force for light in the galaxy. But the Skywalker legacy casts a long shadow, the currents of the dark side run deep, and Darth Vader’s blood runs in Ben’s veins. Voices call from both his past and his future, telling him who he must be. He will shatter, he will be reforged, his destiny will be revealed. Snoke awaits. The Knights of Ren await. Ben Solo’s path to his true self begins here.
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd.

11. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    Snoke may have eventually had them killed like the other force sensitives that the First Order was killing just like the Empire did.

These Knights of Ren are probably more in the mold of a Jango Fett except for Kylo and just really skilled fighters.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe. It just seems odd that they'd mention a handful of students that apparently survived the massacre only to kill them off later. If they became the Knights of Ren it makes sense but if they didn't then I have to think they had a different plan for them. Otherwise why not just say Kylo killed all of them?

13. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I hope the KOR take off their masks at some point and we get to see them as humanized characters. Not holding my breath for it, as I haven't seen any casting rumors to suggest it, but who knows. Abrams is known for holding surprises close to the chest.

14. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    It would be a terrible waste of the only real difference between the Knights of Ren and the Praetorian Guard wound up being some small difference in fighting styles and costumes.

I want characters, not stuntmen.

15. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Think I'd almost prefer them not take off the masks, keep some mystery about them.

I definitely need some lines and personality from them though. Shouldn't just be elite background "troopers", feel we need some conversing between them and Ben.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Good to finally have confirmed that the knights of ren are not the jedi students. They more like a gang of sith acolytes.

17. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Even if the KOR existed prior to Kylo's betrayal of Luke, the students could still be apart of it. Maybe Kylo and the other evil students (The new Secrets of the Jedi novel does state that Kylo killed all the students that wouldn't join him on the Dark Side which means that the ones he left with must've went dark aswell) joined the KOR together? Luke did say that Kylo left with a handful of his students, a handful would be 5 at most. Then if you add Kylo that would make them 6 at most which leaves out 1 member. I think it's possible that Kylo got maybe 3 other students on his side and then 4 of them together the KOR. With the other 3 members having already been there from the start.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    TechnoTerror likes this.
  18. TechnoTerror

TechnoTerror Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2019
    Exactly, this is not even a difficult thing to address....

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Simple put the jedi are in hiding and knights of ren are Kylo's new gang.

20. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    But what if they're good-lookin' under those masks? I like hot bad guys.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  21. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    We could put them in lava like Anakin or something?

22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Time for a cameo I'd say
    [​IMG]

23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Personally, the KOR are more like Inquisitors 2.0 for me. I also hope there are some women in this group because SW desperately needs more female villains other than Ventress.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    They can't really win on that front - chances are they're probably gonna die, so the criticism would just flip to "Disney Star Wars has an ethical problem with introducing strong female villains only to kill them off soonafter" type of thing.

It'd be cool if some of them are women, they sort of don't seem to be from the physical builds though. In any case, the ST's been way better with having female pilots & troopers and stuff than the others did.

25. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    Yep you would think he didn't just throw that in there for no reason. If they are dead its probably more than just Snoke deciding to kill them off. Maybe if they arent part of them we will find out some are like the Inquisitors or something like that.