main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Ren's bad students could have joined up with the existing Knights of Ren to form the bigger League of Knights of Ren. There could be eighteen of them all together, sharing the same costumes but in eight hour shifts.

2. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    So, from the sounds of it, the actual meat of the KoR background-wise will be in the comics and if the previewed figure is any indication, unlikely to be named. About what I expected, but at the very least, make them a presence beyond one scene.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They're just going to be literal background characters that play kazoos whenever Kylo Ren fights Rey

4. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    During the film an * will pop up telling the audience to read the comic series about them to learn more.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think they have a super-cringy “white trust fund kids” rap battle.

Talos of Atmora likes this.
  6. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Maybe the students of Lukes' that Ben took with him were killed and their DNA/midichlorians used to create the Sith army.

7. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    I do really love the idea that they're not Luke's students.

That's fertile ground for a book/comic story, whatever the deal with the students was. Might be pretty sweet if that was Ben's first test, like he brings 'em all to Snoke like "hey boss, new recruits!" and Snoke's just all Sheev-style "KILL THEM".

Or Ben refuses, he's not quite "there yet" (especially if they'd just backed him against the lightside academy students, allowing Ben & the darksiders to get offworld alive), the Knights happen to be there at the time and pick up the slack.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope that they told Ben f you and just went into hiding and Rey finds them after TROS. The knights of ren are, just the cool kids he hangs out with.

Parparamia likes this.
  9. Dirty_Biggs

Dirty_Biggs Jedi Knight

Nov 6, 2014
    Seems to me like the KOR are like the Knights Templar, in service to Darth Sidious. They were in league with Snoke (whoever/whatever he ends up being revealed as) to get in Ben Solo's ear at an early age - eventually 'knighting' him after the destruction of Luke's academy. The KOR then disappear on their ultimate quest, to bring Sidious back from the beyond with his army, leaving Kylo to pair off with Snoke to keep the homefires burning until they return.

Screen time in RoS? 2-3 mins tops - no dialogue, just exposition. :)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  10. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to get a "they're Palpatine's guys keeping tabs on Ben" reveal somewhere later in the movie here.

It'd make sense. And the armor/theatricality would be a stroke of genius on Sheev's part, pretty great way to get Ben all "**** yeah!" amped and enthusiastic, given his fascination with grandpa. Seems the sort of "find someone's worst qualities and stoke them" thing Palpatine loves.

11. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    I think the KOR were the Acolytes of the Beyond . The Acolytes claimed fallen Sith communicated with them , this was probably Sidious . Then they became Palp's loyal followers and turned into the KOR.

12. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Before TESB, Vader -sith loyalist- betrayed and murdered Luke's father, who was not 'navigator on a spice freighter'.

In the latest leaks, a sith loyalist kills Rey 'parents', supposedly 'filthy junk traders'.

So, maybe
    a)the junk traders were not Rey's parents.
    b)they were betrayed and killed, by
    c)a sith loyalist.

Cailey Fleming (little Rey) said her character wore 'war clothes'. What war? The clan vs the KOR.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/10/rumor-new-details-about-crucial-scene.html
    'Her parents' vs 'the family'. Was this 'sith loyalist' part of 'the family' and betrayed them, like Vader had betrayed the 'navigator on a spice freighter' (who wasnt Luke's father)? If Rey's parents were part of the clan, the sith loyalist would have betrayed it too, probably.

So he would have been a clan guy and secretly a sith loyalist guy.

[​IMG]

Mark Stanley, 'clan leader', is listed as a KOR in the credits.

In that scene it looks like he was just a)betrayed (by whoever is behind adult Rey in the vision) and b)murdered (by Ben/Kylo). Poetic justice and all that.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Darth Smurf likes this.
  13. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018

Only problem with this scenario I see is the "Ren" thing and the Vader fanboyism.

If they're all "yay, Sidious!", why's Sidious going to tolerate them dressing up as the guy who betrayed him (and not betrayed him in the good ol' Sith way)?

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The knights of ren were Snoke's gang and Ben wanted so mutch to join the club.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  15. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    So why are they all Anakin fanboys? Anakin went all Judas on Palpatine, and not in the way the Sith like.

Rodie likes this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The acolytes of beyond were vader fanboys, don't think the same is said of the knights of ren are. But if are more power to them and Snoke and Palpatine could use and manipulate.

17. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    They weren't just Vader fanboys , they were Sith fanboys in general. Remember that the Acolytes was led by Yupe Tashu , who was an advisor to Sidious .
    I would Imagine that when the Acolytes learns that the Emperor is still alive they would happily join him.

Sidious is the guy who will use anything to his advantage , if he can use the Vader fanboyism to his advantage he will.

Why the Acolytes would start calling themself Knights of Ren , I have no idea.

18. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    But...they're pretty clearly modelling themselves after Vader, looks/theatricality wise.

Not saying they can't be loyal to Palpatine after all and there's some big reveal here, but that'd probably deserve some dialogue from Palpatine. He had them dress that way to take advantage of Ben's pathetic grandpa-worshipping or whatever. I don't know why Palpatine would tolerate it (if they already dressed that way pre-meeting-Ben) if it wasn't his idea, seems the sort of thing that'd p*ss him off.

They could be the Acolytes, not so sure it adds up though. And yeah, didn't it come out a while back the Acolytes were associated with these guys, as you say?

[​IMG]

Just seems a little unnecessarily convoluted. If that's true - they were Palpatine's guys, not Vader's. Of course it could be the case they simply just didn't know Anakin turned on Sidious in the end, sure - but being force-y types it doesn't seem out of the question they'd sense or learn that somehow. If that's the case, and you're starting these Knights Of Ren guys, seems a little odd you'd model them after Vader.

I don't mind them having existed for quite a while prior to the OT, but probably best to keep these guys separate/adjacent to actual events, more like wannabes than actually stemming from the Sith stuff. I kinda love the notion of them being like an evil mirror to the Church Of The Force guys - believers, but not practitioners. That also explains why Ben's their leader if they've existed before he turned dark - he's a) of Vader's lineage an b) has all these crazy force abilities that they don't.

19. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I'd much prefer that Luke's former students who fled with Ben at first all dispersed and are still alive in hiding and not practicing the Jedi arts.

After 9, Rey can seek out these handful of students to bring them back into the Jedi fold and to help her start the Order again.

As his former students, FG Luke would be able to connect with them and teach them further once Rey finds them and they rejoin.

That could be a fascinating book or comic series.

cwustudent likes this.
  20. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    I dunno about that. Yeah, being a Jedi's about forgiveness & acceptance and second-chances and all, but can't see the students being out there alive unless they're indeed the Knights.

If they sided with/left with Ben, you'd kind of assume they likely had a hand in killing the good/light/loyal students at the temple. Could they come back light? Yeah. Not sure it's how it'd go though, in a writing sense, you probably wouldn't have them all make the right choice in the end, it kind of takes away from Ben's arc.

Sorta guessing they're dead, if they're not the Knights. Palpatine offed them through one of his proxies, or Snoke made Ben slay them as a proof-of-obedience/darkside embrace test, or whatever.

21. Sithblade11

Sithblade11 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    So these Knights should see some action looking at this figure set.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Darth Smurf and darthfettus2015 like this.
  22. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
  23. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
  24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Looks like they are witnessing Kylo's helmet being put back together judging by the whispers of smoke.

Jedi Older Code and Ody_Mandrell like this.
  25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004