main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tazzman

tazzman Jedi Padawan

Jan 2, 2019
    Yeah some people speculated early around the time of TFA and pre-TLJ that the KoR were Luke's apprentices just like Kylo but that proved not to be the case.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

[​IMG]

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I enjoyed seeing them play a large part of TROS as I picked it. I knew JJ would put them in. Of course that just wetted our appetite and I feel like we should have heard them communicate with each other and maybe some more battle scenes. We could have seen them capture Chewbacca and fight Rey at some point. The fight with Ben Solo was very dark and fast. Maybe we will get that spinoff as they could include what happened to Luke's students.

4. TheGhostOfZero

TheGhostOfZero Jedi Master star 2

Sep 5, 2016
    It's hard to see, but they actually did.

After Ben knocks down Cardo with a Force Push, two of them throw a push back at him together before the beatdown.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  5. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I'm reading through the TROS Visual dictionary and it does state two or three of them having limited Force abilities. Surely Ren taught them Force push.
    The weapons on these guys are phenomenal, proton packets, phasers, grenades, plasma capsules, anti flamatory and weather resistant clothing, blades/iron pieces on arms, machettes, large Vibro Blades, rifles and blasters.
    Don't mess with these guys! Unless your Ben Solo of course.

6. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Did we ever get any confirmation that any of the Knights were one of Luke's students?

7. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    No.

I suspect the character of Ren is canon. He was the previous leader of the KOR. So they probably ain't Lukes past students

Watcherwithin likes this.
  8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    It’s a better story if they are Luke’s students. That comic book has a numb plot and the design for the baddie is weak.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Well Ren was introduced in the comic, and was also used in the lego special. So it doesn't seem like they plan on forgetting the character

Even if they were to ignore the comic, i suspect Ren would still be used.

10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Never forget. Just ditch him.

11. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Is this the guy with a Zuvio helmet on that gets a saber through chest in TFA?

What do you think of the other KOR designs and how some know how to use Force powers and some don't?

12. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think it was ever said they know how to use force powers. it certainly isn't shown that they can

13. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Wow! Thanks for the insight. That is not the design of the character from the comic book. Thou brief and hidden in darkness the design of the character you mention is solid. For the blink of an eye we see the character he seems quite formidable.

The comic book character is a slender tall buff dude who doesn’t wear a shirt. Most of his exposed body is burned. His muscular physique is not deformed in anyway so the red, gray and brown burned skin looks like it’s painted on. It’s only cosmetic damage.

He wears a smooth metal helmet that reminds me of later more lame Cobra Commander helmets or other Cobra troopers.

He basically wears Darth Maul’s pants and boots from Episode 1. And he wears a beat up old cape or blanket over his shoulders.

Just a bad look.

I think the Knights of Ren we actually see in the movie look great. I wish we knew more about then and saw them do more in The Rise of Skywalker.

I guess they are taking orders from Palpatine for most or all of their appearances in that movie, just making sure Rey and Kylo Ren keep confronting each other and not getting directly involved as long as they do.

Then they reveal they are working for Palpatine when they fight Kylo Ren on Exegol. But Kylo just kills them like they are less flashy red guards from the previous movie.

I really like that they use the Force. Seems there is a much deeper and better story with the Knight of Ren.

14. TheGhostOfZero

TheGhostOfZero Jedi Master star 2

Sep 5, 2016
    The Knights of Ren are dark-side mercenaries/hired guns that were supposedly once a formidable rival to the Sith, but have since become an order in decline. During the Imperial era, they make a bad move against Palpatine and Vader, and end up being dominated by them. Later being used by the Sith to carry out their rebirth.

They seemingly always fight together, and act more as extensions of their master's will than as individuals. The master who holds the title of 'Ren' embodies the 'Ren' idealogy, which is to take on the base characteristics of the lightsaber as a weapon.

All of the Knights are Force-sensitive to varying degrees, as it's a requirement to join their ranks. They're just not as strong in the Force as Jedi and Sith because they aren't trained, but they make up for it with their weaponry and by fighting dirty.