main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Thats how I looked at it. She was just sorta put into it.

2. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I'm curious as to what fans think the future of the Knights of Ren is.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  3. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Since Kylo Ren is now the Supreme Leader, it would be nice to finally see them for real.:)

4. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Hall monitor.

cerealbox likes this.
  5. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'd love to see them, although it might also beg the question of their absence from TFA and TLJ.

Mostly Handless and Roosterq like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope they become Kylo's "guards" although do more then just guard him.

11-4D and Mostly Handless like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You're late again Ben. You know Master Luke will not be pleased.

8. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    My pet theory: KoR are at their temple (Vader's castle on Mustafar) during the events of TFA. Ren was on a mission in TFA, and with TLJ picking up immediately afterward, their absence doesn't particularly need explaining IMO. I expect the KoR to take an active role in the First Order in 9, which causes even more tension between a growing number of FO Officers who are loyal to Hux and leery of Force Users taking such an active role.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would be very disappointed if they do not appear in episode 9. I am not worried about it though.

Strongbow likes this.
  10. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I sure hope so. If not, that's a huge dropped ball, IMO. Why introduce that juicy tidbit then do nothing with it? C'mon JJ, help us out!

11. Dukeleto69

Dukeleto69 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2017
    Without wishing this to turn into a TLJ and RJ bashing...

I think with JJ back holding the reins then KOR will be in IX but if RJ was writing-directing probably not as he clearly wanted to drop or subvert many of the ideas that TFA and JJ set up.

12. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    On the contrary, I believe RJ would have brought them in for EpIX. There was no place for them in his story for TLJ, but
    it's definitely time for them to step up and be part of the action.
    Kylo might send them out on a mission to find Force sensitives in order to stop them from joining Rey and the Rebels.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  13. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    Yes we will see them in IX. And they all have lightsabers.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  14. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I voted "large role." Not sure exactly how it would be possible to both basically introduce them AND resolve their role in the ST in this one film-with so much else going on, but I voted that simply cos I think it's a really interesting subplot idea (as does JJ actually), and it's what I'd hope to see.

I will acknowledge the possibility though that they may just be mentioned, and nothing more.

15. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I could see the KOR serving in a similar function as the Inquisitors of the Empire. Kylo may already have them out hunting Force sensitive recruits. Its possible Episode 9 will flash forward to Rey training future Jedi, the KOR could be much more than guards, which I'm hoping is the case.

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  16. Dukeleto69

Dukeleto69 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2017
    Not aiming this at you specifically but I keep seeing this "but that is not the story Ryan Johnson wanted to tell" argument as a defence for some of the (debatable) issues with TLJ.

Of course that isn't what RJ wanted. Of course that is not how he wrote the script. Doesn't mean his choice was the best choice or the worst choice. It was just the choice he took.

Personally I am finding it odd the KOR have not played a part yet but hey, that's me!

17. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Considering what the story of TLJ is, I don't find it very odd at all. The Knights of Ren is one of those guns on the wall that were glimpsed in the first act of the trilogy and will be used in the third one.
    Or so I believe, anyway.

Star war likes this.
  18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    To me the key to avoiding the KOR from being interchangeable with Snoke's guards is explore the fact that they were Luke's students and were somehow persuaded to join Kylo. I feel like Luke's students who joined Kylo must have been even more down the dark road than Ben was when Luke came to his bedside. The final straw that broke Ben was Luke standing over his bed with his light saber. Luke's bad seed students didn't have that moment...and yet they joined Ben and killed their fellow classmates. So either the students that joined Ben were the worlds biggest push overs or they had been turns already and were basically waiting for Ben to fall.

19. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    Maybe Snoke got to them too?

20. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    @Doom_Buggy , I can see that. Or it could be the Ben promised them a stronger way of life? I'm really curious about them and why RJ just sort of dropped them. They're Ben's personal group, as per Snoke in TFA. It feels a lot like RJ just wrote this and kind of was like "Oh, um...yeah just skip the whole Knights thing set up and focus more on the Force Skype time thing." At least to me that's part of the issue here.

Personally, given the Art book, there's some clues as to some younger people when Ben was first there, and if that's the case then maybe they were people that were his friends, like actual friends, who are doing this for him, and not because they're connected to Snoke. I kind of want where they get redeemed and maybe turn on Ben and side with Rey, that would certainly be an interesting twist.

I just don't want them to be Red shirts.

nld3 likes this.
  21. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    That's my guess too. I'm not expecting a ton of background for the KOR but even a line or two about how Snoke got to Luke's students would be appreciated.

Rey: Ben what happened?

Ben: First Snoke got to some of the students...then he told me that he thought I could be their leader. I wanted something that was mine and Snoke offered it to me.

Doom_Buggy likes this.
  22. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Perhaps Ben and some of the other students were exploring beyond the dogma of the Jedi, once Luke contemplated over Ben while sleeping, it would have been easy for him to convince them they were on the wrong path. His uncle and mentor considered striking him down, not for evil actions, but thoughts. That would be damning against the NJO. Those that didn't abandon Luke were likely labeled traitors or too leak to think outside of the Jedi teachings. Ben and the KOR likely wanted to be more than a label of Jedi would allow, leaving them open to outside influence as well.

23. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    Yea I could see Snoke stoking doubts about Luke's teachings among Luke's students as a way to fracture Luke's new Jedi order. Then seizing Ben Solo would be the ultimate way to destroy it.

Snoke did not want Luke to succeed in restoring the Jedi. I think he didn't want the Jedi to get in his way. He may think they're the only ones who can stop him.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  24. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    A bit like we only heard about Jabba the Hutt in ANH to finally see him in ROTJ, two movies later :)
    With Snoke, Phasma (hmm) and the Praetorian guards gone i can defintely see JJ using his Knights of Ren. Seems like the logical next step.

25. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Mentioned/cameoed in the first film.

Origin mentioned in second film (Luke's students)

Grand appearance in the third film.

@Lulu Mars is right. In hindsight, the Big Snoke appearance reveal already in the first film, should have told us he wouldn't last all the way through the third.

Lulu Mars likes this.