main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Source?

And btw, maybe I should have used the sarcasm font.

Pancellor Chalpatine likes this.
  2. Ceirwyn

Ceirwyn Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2015
    I wonder if Ren force ghosts exist.

3. jabba the drunk

jabba the drunk Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 8, 1998
    IrisBest, thank you for posting those pics & for the thorough information on Mark Stanley's involvement. Very helpful!

I leafed through the Concept Art book at the store and I seem to remember individual designs of the Knights on the bottom of a page. Were these simply the same images as in the group picture?

IrisBest likes this.
  4. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    You're welcome! And yeah on pages 212 and 223 there's individual knight designs at the bottom, not from a group shot tho. 5 different ones in total.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lol sorry I'm posting from my phone so the second image came out sideways and I haven't had a chance to edit it.

Sarge likes this.
  5. jabba the drunk

Aug 8, 1998
    Those are the images! Thank you again for going through the effort to past all these, IrisBest.

The third Knight's design reminds me of Cobra Commander!

IrisBest likes this.
  6. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Interesting that all their faces are covered up /except/ for the "warrior" we see killed onscreen.

[​IMG]

And he appears to be wearing a round helmet similar to the PT Jedi Younglings.

[​IMG]

7. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Nvrmnd...fixed it.

8. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Well he was a "clan leader" like the younglings were also part of clans like the bear clan or whatever they are called that Yoda was teaching in AOTC.

9. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    I was thinking that as well. "Clan Leader" isn't necessarily limited to the Knights of Wren.

10. jabba the drunk

Aug 8, 1998
    If you look at the Knights of Ren enhanced .gif images on pg. 93 of this thread, it's now pretty clear to me that the leftmost Knight has a weapon blaster right arm. He's holding a weapon in his left hand, but it appears that his entire arm is a (perhaps surgically attached) blaster.

11. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    This may have already been touched on in the thread. But, none of the other Knights appear to use a saber, other than Kylo.
    Is it confirmed they are all force users, is it that they just use the force only and not lightsabers?

12. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Well, building a lightsaber is not easy. Vader stated that Luke's skills were complete when he saw Luke's lightsaber, and at the end of TFA, Snoke says:

So, perhaps Kylo's lightsaber is a hand-me-down, or his first attempt....which might explain why the blade is so wobbly/unfocused.

13. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    Not 100% sure, but there is a line in the visual dictionary on Kylo's page mentioning how he's the "archetype of a new generation of Dark Side users that have emerged to fill the void left by the Sith's demise". So maybe they can use the Force...

Kylo's also called "Snoke's most gifted apprentice", implying there could be other apprentices.

nld3 and Chunkydumb like this.
  14. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Well, Snoke wanted Kylo to bring "the girl" to him....(though he didn't mention her by name...)

15. Collin Tongue

Collin Tongue Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2016
    I wanted to put my two cents in(Hi there by the way my name is Collin and I am a new Jedi to this forum, thank you for having me :) ) No don't jump down my throat, but I found it odd that the knights of Ren's leader, Kylo(duh) was able to destroy Luke's temple yet couldn't handle Rey(I know a lot of people, myself included, think she is trained and forgot she was through amnesia) but it still didn't add up to me entirely. Also Finn(a non force sensitive) got a hit on Kylo(his shoulder) it just seemed kind of odd. Anyway I liked a lot about the movie but I wanted to share that. If you want my full take on the film you can always read my review I wrote for a magazine buddy's of mine. http://stereoembersmagazine.com/star-wars-episode-vii-force-disney-corporate-greed-awakens/ May the force BB(tee-hee) with us.... always :) and thanks for having me guys

16. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    You must remember that Kylo didn't attack the temple alone.
    He had all the rest of the Knights to back him up.

17. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I don't think he was directly involved other than to lead Snoke's forces to the Academy itself.

It's possible he might have been involved in the fight but was more likely secured somewhere safe so they could ferret him away after all the nephew of the last Jedi Master is quite a coup especially if you obliterated his Academy!

18. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Has all this been confirmed? I thought PH stated that the KoR scene was not the Jedi Academy?

19. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006

That's what I read too, i'm assuming when Leia sent Ben to Luke, Snoke used that opportunity to not only wipe out Luke's Academy but secure Ben perhaps arranging things to make it appear Ben betrayed his uncle rather than being used and manipulated?

20. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    I have a feeling that they're not Force users, but warriors specially trained to kill Jedi, like KotOR II's Sith Assassins. Would make more sense regarding how they were able to massacre Luke's Academy.

21. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    What cool designs.

Love that rifle with the stock and the muzzle attachment that look so similar. And the strange "revolver handle" on the first guy's gun. It's also cool that they share some boots/gloves and stuff... suggesting that they had standard-issue garb that's now customized. And the guy who appears to have a lightsaber on his belt has that coat cut at an angle so it can't flip over his weapon... lol no need to drop the monk robes for these guys, I guess.

22. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I still say these guys + 1 girl will become the Knight of Ren. :cool:
    [​IMG]

This location looks also similar to the rainy KoR flashback shot.

[​IMG]

23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Do we know what planet the rain flashback sequence from TFA is set on??

24. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    nope ;)

25. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    The thing that I'm hopeful of with regards to the KoR, is that the scene looks rather labour intensive and very well produced (character design, lighting, etc.) therefore it suggests they have a very important part to play in 8. I am well aware there are "creative casaulties" and things cut with some big budget films (for all sorts of reasons) but I hope this is not one. I think they would add the element of something really different and new for SW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.