main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Lady Wore Black (DJ AU, J/J songfic) - 2004 SFFA Best Songfic winner

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jags_Scoundrel, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Title: The Lady Wore Black
    Timeframe: NJO ? Dark Journey AU
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo, (w./ Kyp, Tenel Ka)
    Genre: song fic
    Summary: One interpretation of what might have happened if Ta'a Chume hadn't interrupted Jag and Jaina
    Notes: I really tried to ignore this twisted little plot bunny because I didn?t think that I could pull it off . . . but the darn thing just wouldn?t go away until I tried it. Hopefully I was able to make it at least somewhat believable. Anyway, the song is The Lady Wore Black by Queensryche, and with apologies for playing in Elaine Cunningham?s little corner of the flanneled one?s sandbox . . . here it is. (Oh, and get comfy: it?s kinda long.)

The Lady Wore Black

They emerged into the empty hallway, hand-in-hand; the sound of music now muted as the door clicked shut behind them. Jaina giggled as she twirled to face Jag, her hand still firmly clasped in his.

"Which way, milady?" he inquired, grinning so widely he thought he must look like a fair-haired fool . . . and, to his surprise, that thought didn't bother him. Too many unfamiliar yet wonderful emotions were swelling up inside to care about anything else.

"I hear that the trophy room is at the end of this hall," she whispered conspiratorially before turning and sprinting down the hallway as fast as her confining dress and high heels would allow, tugging Jag along behind her.

?I think this is it,? Jaina said as she stopped in front of the door at the end of the hallway.

Jag opened the door then bowed deeply, one hand sweeping toward the threshold. ?Ladies first.?

?Why, thank you, Colonel Fel,? she said as she curtsied then stepped through the doorway.

Jag shook his head in amusement then followed her inside. Gently, he closed the door then slowly turned around. All conscious thought fled his mind and even the involuntary reflex to breathe failed him for a few thundering heartbeats at the sight before him. Jaina stood a few steps into the room, bathed in the soft glow of a swath of moonlight that streamed in through the large windows, giving her an almost ethereal glow.

Without even consciously thinking about what he was doing, Jag closed the distance between them. He placed his hands on her waist and pulled her against him as she slipped her arms around his neck. Time seemed to move in slow motion as he bent his head down to touch his lips to hers in the most exquisite kiss he could have ever have imagined.

Abruptly, Jaina pulled back, and in the dim light Jag could see a look of cold fury in her eyes. As his mind whirled trying to fathom what he could have possibly done wrong, the door burst open and the lights came up to full illumination, blinding him momentarily.

"Durron, what in the Corellian Hells do you think you're doing?" Jaina growled out through gritted teeth as she disentangled herself from Jag's embrace.

Jag spun around; his eyes were adjusted enough to the harsh light to see Kyp standing in the doorway with his arms folded across his chest, his eyes roaming suggestively up and down Jaina's body.

"I could ask you the same thing, but it's blatantly obvious what you're doing," he said sarcastically.

A spike of anger shot through Jag and he took a step forward only to be stayed by Jaina's hand grasping his arm.

"Jag, don't. He's not worth it." She let go of his arm and turned her attention back to Kyp. "I'll ask you again, Kyp. What are you doing?"

He arched an eyebrow. "Don't you have somewhere to be right now?"

Jaina linked her arm though Jag's. "Yes I do. Right here."

"Try again. Your brother's funeral," Kyp said pointedly.

Shocked, Jag glanced down at Jaina. It was surprising enough to him that she would choose not to lean on her family at a time like this; the notion that she would try to avoid her brother's memorial service was incomprehensible.

Her fury had vanished instantly, replaced instead with an infinite sadness. Jaina looked up at him and asked quiet

2. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Wow...this was like being in a fever. I didn't know what was Jag's dreams or what was his reality, you used this technique very well! Poor Jag, he never could resist Jaina.

Great fic! :)

3. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Wow [face_shocked] That was something new [face_shocked]

And it was great!!! :D

This Jaina scares me :( She gave up to Dark Side :( And she uses it with her loveliness to control Jag :(
    Poor Jag :(

But you killed Kyp :D :D :D What else could I want [face_devil]

Are there more stories to come in the future?

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Scoundrel: wow! :eek: :D

that innocent, wounded young woman that you are hopelessly in love with is Darth Vader?s granddaughter. And she has all the potential to make her grandpa proud.

Just... brilliant! :D Very different in tone from what you've posted before, but the same superb cadence and flow to your writing - it reads incredibly well, the mood was almost tangible, and I loved the subtle, hinted sense of where Jag and Jaya's characters were... and Kyp and TK, for that matter.

No punches pulled, either. Love is blind, and Colonel Jagged Fel is blindly in love with Darth Vader's granddaughter... who remains quietly human in a way that defies easy answers...

I'm really not sure what else to say. Except that it was worth the wait...

- The Imperial Ewok

5. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    PulsarSkate: I didn't know what was Jag's dreams or what was his reality

He wasn't sure either. :(

Great fic! :)

Thanks! :D

Chimpo: Wow [face_shocked] That was something new [face_shocked]

Did I surprise you? (Mwahahahaha! [face_devil])

And it was great!!! :D

[face_blush] Why, thank you, Chimpo!

This Jaina scares me :(

She should. [face_plain]

She gave up to Dark Side :( And she uses it with her loveliness to control Jag :(
    Poor Jag
    :(

The poor guy never had a chance. :(

But you killed Kyp :D :D :D What else could I want [face_devil]

** shakes head **
    Why am I not surprised that you liked that? 8-}

Are there more stories to come in the future?

At least one. I was almost finished with that story I've been working on for months now when this little plot bunny interrupted me. Hopefully I'll get the three scenes I have left to finish done soon.

TMcE: Just... brilliant! :D

[face_blush] Aww . . . you're making me blush. Thank you!! :D

Very different in tone from what you've posted before, but the same superb cadence and flow to your writing - it reads incredibly well, the mood was almost tangible, and I loved the subtle, hinted sense of where Jag and Jaya's characters were... and Kyp and TK, for that matter.

[face_blush] [face_blush] Now you're really making me blush. Thanks! :D

I'm really not sure what else to say.

You mean I've rendered you speechless? [face_shocked] 8-}

Except that it was worth the wait...

[face_blush] Thanks again! :)

6. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    ** shakes head ** Why am I not surprised that you liked that?

Yeah me too :p

At least one. I was almost finished with that story I've been working on for months now when this little plot bunny interrupted me. Hopefully I'll get the three scenes I have left to finish done soon.

This is a great news :D Is this the continuation of your Han/Jag vignette or something absolutly new?

7. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    AH!
    That's scary to think that could have happened.

...And she has all the potential to make her grandpa proud.?

That line sums up the whole thing very well. Its definitely a creepy thought. I'll admit I was curious what would have happened if they found the trophy room... and now I'm sort of glad they didn't. [face_mischief]

Nice job.

8. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    Chimpo: Is this the continuation of your Han/Jag vignette or something absolutly new?

It's the story that the Han/Jag scene is a part of.

Solo_and_Fel: That's scary to think that could have happened.

The funny thing is that I sort of backed into it. The lyrics gave me this idea of Jag being pulled in by a Dark Jaina, then the more I thought about it, I could see things snowballing from that point.

Nice job.

Thanks! :)

9. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    It's the story that the Han/Jag scene is a part of Aha Ok. I can't wait to read it :)

10. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    WOW!!! I mean Wow!!! :eek: That was so awesome! :D

?Anything that I have done to help her, I have done willingly and gladly.?
    Poor Jag... too besotted to see the truth about Jaina. But you're right, the poor guy never had a chance really. :(

that innocent, wounded young woman that you are hopelessly in love with is Darth Vader?s granddaughter. And she has all the potential to make her grandpa proud.
    :eek: Wow!

A different DJ angle, and I loved it! :D

Great job, Scoundrel. :)

11. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Scoundrel: [face_blush] Aww . . . you're making me blush. Thank you!! :D

I mean it! :cool:

[face_blush] [face_blush] Now you're really making me blush. Thanks! :D

[re-reads 'fic to check]

Yep. I mean it. :cool: Top-notch 'fic!

You mean I've rendered you speechless? :eek: :p

Um, err... no... I'll just... ah, waffle a bit, until I think of something that's actually worth saying...

:p

[face_blush] Thanks again! :)

Whetted my apetite for seeing how Parallels pans out, too... :D

- The Imperial Ewok

12. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    Chimpo: Aha Ok. I can't wait to read it :)

Thanks, Chimpo! :)

Red: WOW!!! I mean Wow!!! [face_shocked] That was so awesome! :D

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing that you liked it.

Poor Jag... too besotted to see the truth about Jaina.

True. But in his defense, there was also a whole lot of mind twisting and memory wiping on Jaina's part that helped him along. :(

A different DJ angle, and I loved it! :D

Great job, Scoundrel.
    :)

[face_blush] Thank you so much, Red! :)

TMcE: I mean it! :cool:

[re-reads 'fic to check]

Yep. I mean it. :cool: Top-notch 'fic!

Thanks again! (Still blushing . . . [face_blush])

Um, err... no... I'll just... ah, waffle a bit, until I think of something that's actually worth saying...

" 8-}"

Mwahahaha! [face_devil] 8-}

Whetted my apetite for seeing how Parallels pans out, too... :D

Working on it! :D

13. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Taking him completely by surprise, Jaina wrapped her arms around his neck and pushed up on her tiptoes to capture his lips in a soft kiss that made his head swim.

"What was that for?" Jag asked when he finally found his voice.

She smiled sweetly, but there was a mischievous gleam in her eyes. "That was just my way of saying thank you."

Sweet innocent kiss. [face_love] [face_love] And then...

Jag blinked in surprise, not at the implied threat, but at the fact that it didn't matter to him. Jaina made it sound like he had a choice in the matter, but Jag now realized that wasn't true; to walk away from her now would be like trying to stop breathing. His destiny was forever entwined with hers and he was powerless to change it.

He leaned down and joined his lips with hers in an act of final surrender, drawing on her strength as he accepted his fate.

I never imagined Jag as a bad boy. [face_blush] Very deep, intense J/J long viggie.

~aeryn

14. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    AERYN_SUN: I never imagined Jag as a bad boy. [face_blush]

I don't think he ever imagined it, either. :(

Very deep, intense J/J long viggie.

Thank you! :)

15. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Anything DJ is good by me :D Dark or not!

Without even consciously thinking about what he was doing, Jag closed the distance between them. He placed his hands on her waist and pulled her against him as she slipped her arms around his neck. Time seemed to move in slow motion as he bent his head down to touch his lips to hers in the most exquisite kiss he could have ever have imagined. Jag! :eek: How bold! [face_love]

But then, not every woman was Jaina Solo. Well said ;)

but somehow on Jaina it looked . . . his mind groped for the right word. Unsettling, he decided. I liked that part :)

He knew the feeling all too well, and it shattered his heart into a million pieces to think that she had to experience it. Any resistance he had left to his feelings for Jaina evaporated in that instant. Jag knew that he would do anything to take away her pain. Uhoh! Not good! [face_plain]

Dark Jag here we come [face_devil]

Repulsed, Jag pried himself out of her embrace and took a step backward. He met her astonished stare with a cold, hard gaze. ?You killed him,? he accused.

?What are you talking about??

?Kyp.?

:eek: :_| :_| OMG!

That was a disappointing loss. He could have been such a powerful ally. Okay understatement of the century.

Isn?t it amazing just how far some people will go to help me? Um yes it is. Bad Jaina.

He would give his very soul to stay in that moment forever. It's amazing what some people will do for love - even Jag.

Nice songfic Scoundrel!

16. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    creepy! :eek: *shudder*

17. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Scoundrel: Thanks again! (Still blushing . . . [face_blush])

Heh! :p

Mwahahaha! [face_devil] :p

Um...?! :eek:

Working on it! :D

Looking forward to it! :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

18. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    TKL: Jag! :eek: How bold! [face_love]

I figured that by that point, he was so caught up in the moment, he forgot to be nervous about it. [face_love]

:eek: :_| :_| OMG!

Yeah, I felt bad about doing that. :( I didn't even originally plan to kill him off, but the more I thought about the way I had things unfolding, it was the only conclusion I could come to. I hope I didn't leave out too much there. In retrospect, I wonder if I could have squished in a few more details. I know what happened and how Jag put it together, but the reader probably doesn't.

Okay understatement of the century.

Could you imagine a Dark Jaina and Kyp working together? :eek: :eek:

Nice songfic Scoundrel!

[face_blush] [face_blush] Thank you so much! :) :D

Shinar: creepy! :eek: *shudder*

That's the reaction I was going for at the end. Thanks! :D

TMcE: Um...?! [face_shocked]

Oops. You weren't supposed to see that reaction. (Note to self: restrain glee when discovering further breakthroughs in Ewok mind control.)

Looking forward to it! :cool:

Thanks! :) :D

19. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Scoundrel: Oops. You weren't supposed to see that reaction. (Note to self: restrain glee when discovering further breakthroughs in Ewok mind control.)

Yub-... uh?! :eek:

This is... strange. I'm laughing at the joke, but I'm also feeling this slight sensation like uncertainty - as though maybe I really should be worried about Scoundrel and her Ewok mind control techniques....

But it's a joke, right - and that means it's okay, doesn't it?

[looks at 'fic again]

Uhh...

[squints suspiciously at its author]

Should I be worried, guys?

Should she?!

:eek: [face_laugh] :p

Still a great 'fic, though! :D :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

20. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    TMcE: But it's a joke, right - and that means it's okay, doesn't it?

** waves hand while fluttering her eyelashes and smiling sweetly **
    It was just a joke. I am not controlling your mind.

(Mwahahahaha! [face_devil])

Still a great 'fic, though! :D :cool:

21. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Scoundrel: ** waves hand while fluttering her eyelashes and smiling sweetly ** It was just a joke. I am not controlling your mind.

It was just a joke. You are not controlling my mind.

(Mwahahahaha! [face_devil])

Ah.

:p

:eek:

- The Imperial Ewok

22. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Jags_Scoundrel -- Jaina's journey remains dark, very interesting, I really enjoyed it.

He leaned down and joined his lips with hers in an act of final surrender, drawing on her strength as he accepted his fate.
    --Jag, sure you are a slave boy to a beautiful Dark Jedi, but at least you will be a happy, well-kissed, if slightly dazed 'Jaina's Hand'.

JaY

23. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    TMcE: " :eek:"

;) 8-} [face_laugh]

jaynasolofel: Jaina's journey remains dark, very interesting, I really enjoyed it.

Thank you! :)

--Jag, sure you are a slave boy to a beautiful Dark Jedi, but at least you will be a happy, well-kissed, if slightly dazed 'Jaina's Hand'

** giggles **
    "Jaina's Hand" . . . I like that.

24. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    WHaoaoaoaoo! that was waawesome!

25. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    JAGSGURL15: WHaoaoaoaoo! that was waawesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.