main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Lair's Xanatos Challenge Stories - Updated 11/20! VaderLVR

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by fallen_one, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Crazed Xanman. :* Well sort of. I will be honest and admit that I'm a bit confused about what all just went on. But I loved it nontheless. It was clever of Xan to appear mad since Jinn was trying to reach out to him. And Obi! How did he die? SO many questions. :D

2. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I went back and reworked it, oe, and changed it to the orignal ending. I think it's less confusing now.

3. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Wow! Very creative, Noi, but then, that's to be expected from you. ;)

He was aging. At first his sense of vanity had balked at the strands of silver weaving through silken waves of raven, but he had soon determined that there was something distinguishing about it. Just as a fine wine improved with age, he had become more experienced, more refined, leaving behind the impulsive volatility of his youth.

Oh I loved that description. [face_love] Fantastic job. =D=

4. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Loved it, Noi! :) Poor crazy Xan, never had a chance. And dead Obi! Two points for you! :p

5. fallen_one

fallen_one Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2004
    New challenge: What type of woman would get involved with Xan? Write a vig that explores her. Must show their first meeting, his reaction to being a father and how the relationship turned out.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: The Best I Ever Had
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Xanatos, OCs

The Best I Ever Had

I was that most unfortunate of creatures - the daughter of an angry rich man. So, while I was accustomed to luxury and privilege, I now had to do without. My father?s revenge was well planned out. However, he had not counted on my contradictory nature. My own stubborn pride kept me from bending to my father?s will and marrying the son of his business partner.

Keelan was a wonderful man and I had known him since we were both in diapers. But we would have made each other miserable in less than a month had we been unwise enough to marry. I was doing us both a favor by refusing. I was not Keelan?s type at all, and to be honest, kissing him would have been like kissing my brother, if I had one. Keelan was the perfect big brother, but he would have been a terrible mate, at least for me. I hoped one day that my father would come to understand and ask me to come home.

Until that time, however, I was stuck here, almost making a living by serving as a hostess in one of Telos? best restaurants. All those years of expensive education had proven to be useless when it came to getting a real job. I was well spoken, however, and attractive. Those two attributes ? I hesitate to call either of them skills ? were enough to get me the job.

I knew the moment I met him that he would be trouble. He walked into the restaurant as if he owned it, though later I would find out there was a very good reason for his arrogance ? he did own it.

Even from across the room, his beauty was both stunning and intimidating. The blue of his eyes pierced through me as he gazed calmly through me, seeing inside of me to all the hidden fears and longings that I had buried so deeply. The half-smile he sent my way made my belly clench and my palms sweat.

I have always had an unfortunate attraction for men that are completely unsuitable for me ? it is an affliction that Keelan and I share. Thus, my costly decision not to marry him despite our fathers? wishes. We had discussed the problem many times. I assured him that I would keep his secret, even if it meant being disinherited. I was not pleased at the prospect, of course, but that is what friends do.

The newcomer was sinfully gorgeous and immediately a barrage of images assaulted me. I thought it strange at the time, but now I know it was all part of a carefully planned siege. Xanatos was never too finicky about the means he used to get what he wanted, and when he walked in he simply decided that he wanted me. I was not inclined to refuse his advances; I found him incredibly attractive.

He had hair the color of a moonless night, and eyes as blue as the oceans I used to swim in as a child. His features were aristocratic and his skin pale. There was in intriguing scar on his cheek in the shape of a broken circle. Our eyes met and I sensed that somehow, this man would change my life. He must have seen something in me as well, if what unfolded next is any indication.

We both got more than we bargained for.

He sauntered up close and gave me his name, an alias of course, as I found out later. After checking the VIP list, I showed him to one of the private dining suites in the back. I left him after making sure he had what he needed.

Nearly an hour later, my supervisor came to stand nervously at my side. ?Jahana,? he said, and then cleared his throat. ?Uh, do you remember the gentleman you put in the Red Suite??

I looked up from the seating chart, somewhat distracted. ?What? Oh yes,? I replied, blowing a stray strand of hair out of my eyes. ?Sure, Olan was the name, right??

?Yes,? he said, an uncomfortable expression crossing his face. ?Well?he has requested the pleasure of your company during his meal. He?d like you to eat with him.?

?But I?m in the middle of a shift,? I protested.

My supervisor, who had been known to dock our pay if we were even a fraction of a minute late, waved this aside as if it were meaningless. ?That?s not a problem, Jahana,? he said smo

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_mischief] I eagerly await more!

8. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Hmmm, Xan usually gets what he wants. I look forward to the next part.

9. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oooooh I'm glad there's going to be more!

10. Xans_girl

Xans_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2004
    Oh! More, more! I'll be posting mine soon. And... I also kinda wrote a story along this line, its called... Well, it doesn't really have a name... But it's under Xanatos Short Story, actually Xnatos Short Story, I kinda forgot the first "a"... But go check it out!

11. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Same here as in the Obi-thread. I'm starting to read again with this challenge, because otherwise I'd never get back into the thread.

VL More! This looks very interesting and I can't wait to see what you're going to do with those two.

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I got a little behind in reading some of these, but now that I'm searching for challenge responses... :D

13. XANl

XANl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    Obi_ew that was another great story. >.< So sad but with xani the story rings true.
    I have been lurking for awhile and just joined today to post about the great stories. I can't wait to read your next story.

14. Xans_girl

Jul 27, 2004
    updates?

15. Just-Plain-Shmi

Just-Plain-Shmi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    This is a great thread, I hope there will be a new challenge soon! [face_batting]

JPS :)

16. Xans_girl

Jul 27, 2004
    Yes! Yes! New challenge!

17. General_Kenobi_66

General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Good start.=D= Can't wait for next post!:D

~The General~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.