main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Last Dance - L/M - Author's Thanks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Terrific! Loved the costumes of the different Coruscant gods. Figures Luke would take the god of wisdom and Han would have the god of wine. [face_laugh]

Glad to see that Mara is willing to consider a relationship with Luke. This could get a little interesting at her annual company picnic when she introduces her sweetheart to her boss, though.

2. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Fun, fun, fun! But will she have the guts to show up at the ball?

Divapilot, that "company picnic" comment of yours brought a smile to my face. Just trying to imagine Vader and Palps flipping burgers and playing boccie ball...[face_laugh]

3. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    :D i thought I'd missed something during the holidays....

I just loved it, a great update. I'm normally not too much into angst fics, but I just love the way you write Mara.[face_love]

cheers,

VeryBusy

*sneaks away for extended version*[face_blush]

4. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    This is awesome! Just the right amount of mush to go with all of that lovely angst! And their arrangement... well, it has its possibilities.

J_Ro

5. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    This is excellent! I'm loving what you're doing with the Luke/Mara relationship (or should that be Mara/Luke, since she's the one driving things?), and can't wait to see where you take this next!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

6. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow, great story! Love how Mara knows she is falling for Luke, but can't do anything about it. LOL, loved the idea of the different gods at the ball, Luke as god of wisdom and Han as the god of wine really fits. Hope to see more!

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    ¡°Luke,¡± it was a common enough name, he hoped, and spun her gently again, loving the way her body gracefully moved. ¡°You certainly look like a lady where I stand.¡±

¡°Well,¡± she dipped slightly, ¡°this lady likes to get her hands dirty.¡±

¡°Physically, or metaphorically?¡± he queried, once again moving with the crowd.

¡°Both,¡± she said lightly, ¡°I have my own ship, don¡¯t like anyone working on her but me.¡±

¡°Really,¡± he grinned, ¡°me too.¡±

¡°Don¡¯t get all excited there, boy,¡± she drawled, and he wondered if she was Corellian, ¡°a lot of boys have their toys.¡±

Not that much of a hardcore L/M person, but love the conversation. Great vig!

8. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    I love how Luke and Mara's chemistry just can't be ignored. It just is, no matter how much Mara tries to fight it. I really love how Luke is trying so hard for her... now all Mara has to do is let it happen. :D

Awesome stuff, RG! I love all this waiting and hoping. Much =D=

9. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    ginchy - I do love Preeni Pi, we'll have to use her again and Mara is of course completely lost to Luke, can you blame her?

AG88 - Thanks!!! :D

Tatooine_Ghost - Thanks, and there is going to be a post ever major holiday.

Jade_eyes - Too much chemistry indeed, who's she trying to fool?? Oh, that's right, herself.

redtenko - Always happen to see a lurker de-lurk. :D Hopefully this next chapter will explain a bit more about this relationship and just how different it is from normal ones. L/M just don't do normal.

divapilot - [face_laugh] company picnic indeed!!

Blue_Milkshake - you'll be surprised how Mara is now wiling to go for some Luke love'n ;)

verybusy - The story is holiday based, so update every major holiday until it's done! and yes, I just can't write without a little angst

Jaded_Rose - many many possibilities... but what will they go for? [face_thinking]

Tych_sel - Luke is letting Mara do the driving, but is by no means an idle passenger

Jedi_Tigris - falling for Luke is pretty much a given, i mean, who wouldn't?

SilSolo - Not a hardcore L/M??? oh well, I'll just have to work harder to fix that. ;) Glad you liked!

Luna_Nightshade - They work too well together to be denied, I can't believe some people say she's wrong for him!!

Update for Valentine's Day!

10. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Part 3 - Lovers Day

"Are you sure this upgrade was legal?" Luke asked as he wiped grease from his fingers as Han tightened up the final last bits on the hyperdriver.

"Legal?" Han's muffled voice floated up from his crouched position in the access compartment, "Don't know the meaning of the word."

Shaking his head, he started to put away the tools they had been using. "Some things never change..."

"Ain't that the truth," his brother-in-law pulled himself up and out to sit on the ledge. "I'm going to get Leia Trillian Firepetals for the third Lover's Day in a row and she's going to love it, she has a thing for them."

"So I've heard," Luke closed the box of the toolkit, "you two aren't going on a trip this year?"

"No," the Corellian sighed, "unfortunately she's still needed here in the Senate, they don't break for romantic holidays apparently."

Covering his mouth carefully he tried not to laugh, "I never thought of you as the romantic type."

"I have my moments," the other man buffed up his chest.

"Yes," Luke plopped down into one of the seats, "I've heard tales of your romantic interludes, such as certain comments made while being encased in carbonite."

"It was before I was encased in carbonite," Han wagged a finger at him, "and I have you know that it was perfectly romantic at the time."

"If you say so," he teased the man, it was just too easy.

"You should be the one to talk romance," the pilot scoffed, "we know what you got going along the side buddy-boy."

At this Luke frowned, "It's not what you think..."

"Listen," Han held up his hand, "whoever this woman is, whatever you're doing, none of us are complaining, you've been in the best of spirits, best of health, that we've seen you in a long time, and we know it's her, we've been able to figure that much out."

Luke opened his mouth to say something, but he really wasn't sure what he could say that wouldn't sound bad. So he just didn't say anything.

"The problem is, kid," Han continued into the silence, "well, we're nosey. There is apparently this woman who is making you happy, putting the life back in you, and we don't even so much as know her name."

"'We're' nosey," Luke tried to skirt around the subject.

"Well, me, Leia, Corran, Wedge, Lando, Wes, Kyle, Mirax, Iella, Kam," then Han took another deep breath so Luke cut him off.

"So everyone knows, I get it," he groaned.

"Hey," the other man sighed, "we're keeping our distance, it's been tempting to intercept you two when we know you guys have hooked up again, but we figure you'll introduce her when you're ready... but it has been over a year now."

"That long already?" he closed his eyes, thinking back to their first encounter at the Rebirth Ball, and then the next at the Midwinter Festival where they started their relationship, if it could even be called that.

For a year it was Mara, finding him, coming to him, and then they would spend a glorious evening together, then a wonderful breakfast/lunch, and then she was gone till next time, unsure when that would be. Sometimes it would only be days between encounters, sometimes weeks, but they were frequent, and each time left him, as Han pointed out, recharged and revitalized, but still...

"It's her," Luke finally mumbled. "She knows who I am and she doesn't want to be a part of my life that is the war hero, celebrity, Jedi Master, she just wants to be with me."

"So, she's not a hero groupie," Han nodded, "that's good."

"Yes," he ran a hand through his hair, "but she doesn't want a full relationship with me, you know, meeting the family, going on dates."

"Settling down."

"Exactly," leaning back he sighed, "she just wants sex and breakfast and that's it."

"You know," Han drawled, "if that's the case, most men would consider you the luckiest man alive."

"I don't feel so lucky," he groaned.

"I'm prying now, but..." he paused, "I can only guess that from the way you act the day after that you two must have a pretty healthy sex-life."

"She's.... amazing." How else

11. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Darn wrist. :mad: Hopefully I'll get the happy smutting done soon. I have a doc's appt. tomorrow.

Loved the update, gal! And they're both such liars. "I love you like a friend". Uh-huh. That's how I treat ALL my friends. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Ah, Luke and Mara: Pasts, Issues, Hot Lovin', and Complicated Emotions. Yup, I think you've got that all down here, gal! =D=

12. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wonderful update! What a great Valentine's Day gift!!

AG88

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I love seeing their relationship move forward. Mara took many big steps this go-around. Love their way with each other: intimate and honest and funny all at once. :D =D=
    Yeppers, I enjoyed that!!!!!! [face_love] [face_love]

14. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Another RedGold romance on Lover's Day! Nicely done!

15. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Luke," Han snapped his fingers and he was drawn back to the situation at hand, "you have really fallen for this girl."

"I..." how could he deny it? He would gladly stand on the top of the tallest building in Coruscant and scream for the whole world to hear how much he cared about this woman... how much he... "love her."

[face_love] :* [face_love] :*

Love this!!! They really are falling for each other. But eventually they will have to face the truth. Right now, she's getting in deeper than she wants to. At least he is up front with who he is. She is still trying to live in two worlds.

Very romantic, very mushy, very hawt! Terrific valentine's day gift!@};-

16. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Why do holidays have to be so far apart????

Wonderful update! =D=

17. redtenko

redtenko Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    YAY!! This fic makes my holidays! another great chapter...I wish I didnt have to wait so long for the next part. When is easter this year, anyway? Must...find...out....

18. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    almost two month?:_|

oh well, time to start counting days........[face_worried]

If Luke loves friends that way... wonder what he does with lovers [face_laugh][face_laugh]

19. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    What a great Valentine's gift for your adoring fans!

I loved the banter between these two lovers in the kitchen. And what an ending! [face_love]

It's a pleasure to watch your story unfold. Can't wait for the next post! Well, I can, but I may have to pout quite a lot in the meantime...

20. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    She grinned at him, "Very domestic you are."

This line cracked me up. It struck me as very Yoda-like ;)

*pouts* Yeah, why are holidays so far apart?!

Kat

21. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    I loved it. I will be waiting.

22. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    As befits the title, they just keep dancing around each other, don't they? [face_mischief]

Love the update!! :D

All the more reason's to quit Skywalker and move on.

Who was she kidding? She just invited him over to her apartment for dinner, now he knew where to find her.

[face_laugh] Gotta laugh at Mara's paranoia there. ;)

Looking forward to Easter!

(*shameless plug* Feel free to PM the L/M Index sock with a link for the Luke/Mara Index, if it's not already there. [face_batting])

23. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] Love how they're still *ahem* dancing around the point. And echoing the others, if that's how they love each other as "very good friends" then what about lovers? o_O

Love the update...why do we have to wait until Easter for the next one? ;)

24. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    ginchy - Ah, Luke and Mara: Pasts, Issues, Hot Lovin', and Complicated Emotions. - Yup, sometimes these kids just write themselves! :p Why can't they just have a normal courtship???

AG88 - Thanks!!

Jade_eyes - I love seeing their relationship move forward. Mara took many big steps this go-around. - Yes, I want them to be more comfortable with each other now. Like they are almost in a real relationship... just the nagging part that oh, yeah, she's the enemy!

Darth_Marrs - Thank you! Now, update your fic. :p Actually, I had a thought, PM me about it cause I'll forget by the time I'm done writing this sentence... um... what was I talking about?

divapilot - At least he is up front with who he is. She is still trying to live in two worlds. - Yeah, and you just know that's gonna come bite her on the butt!

Jade_Pilot - Um... good question... I'm still trying to figure out why Thanksgiving and Xmas are so close together!

redtenko - I only find out when Easter is when my job says "Oh, by the way, no work Good Friday." "When's Good Friday?" "This Friday." "COOL"

tasujad - Wouldn't we all like to know... ;) *fans self*

Blue_Milkshake - Awww... don't pout... [:D]

Katarina42 - I wrote that and only as an afterthought realized it was yoda-like... and I decided to keep it for the comedic value... glad to noticed! :D

Tatooine_Ghost - THANKS!

Jedi Trace - Gotta laugh at Mara's paranoia there. - She's horrible, isn't she... tee hee hee

Jedi_Tigris - Ah, these two... got to love them... :p

25. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Well, one of your fellow readers suggested St. Paddy's day as a holiday, and since it's a world wide-ish holiday, me and ginchy came up with this for you! It's a bit more sensual and sexual than the last, but the mods have okay'd it! Oh, and this one incorporates some of ginchy's writing at the break point where her 'deleted scene' is inserted for SWFF (where this is already posted uncut).

ENJOY!

Part 4 - Boys Night Out

"That was the worst day, ever!" the Corellian slurred as he waved his whiskey through the air. "Not only did she dump me for this lump head," his thumb jerked over to his friend, "but her sister also dumped for that knot head!"

"Hey," Wedge held up his hands in mock defence, "you were the one that were trying to date both at the same time."

Wes frowned, "So, you both still stole them!"

"Did not," Hobbie grumbled, holding his head as it was probably spinning by now, "I just asked her if she wanted some caf and to chat."

"See!" the pilot jumped in his seat exaggeratedly, "women love that kind of thing! Ask them about their feelings once and they're yours."

"That is so not true," Corran wagged his finger, "give them a bit more credit will ya."

"Mirax don't count," Wes took another long swig of his whiskey, "she's above average."

"Ain't that the truth," Wedge mumbled in agreement.

Corran quickly turned his head towards his commanding officer, "What's that supposed to mean?"

He blinked a few times like he was clearing the cobwebs, "Um... nothing..."

"It meant something," he wagged his finger again but not exactly in the right direction this time. "I thought you and her were just friends?"

"We were!" Wedge quickly defended, perhaps too quickly.

"WAITER!!" Wes yelled, "ANOTHER ROUND OF DRINKS, MR ANTILLES HERE BUYING!!"

Corran started to laugh uncontrollably and had to lay his head on the table as Wes frowned and pulled out a credit chip, only it was identi-chip, so he fumbled through his pockets trying to locate the right chip.

"Hey," an indignant voice called out and every looked to see Han Solo and Luke Skywalker walk up to the table, "you started without me?"

"Padti's Day waits for no man!" Wes yelled out again, standing up, sort of, with his finger pointed into the air. A praynut came flying out of the air and hit him squarely in the face. "Or woman..." A group of females sitting at another table laughed and went back to their own drinks.

"Padti's Day?" Luke asked as he took one of the empty seats.

"OOOO!!!" Wes almost scrambled onto the table. "Zillions of years ago, Padti Coronet came to Corellia from a galaxy far far away."

Luke tilted his head slightly, "Um, zillions of years ago from a different galaxy?"

The other pilot blinked for a second, "Give or take a few? Anyway, Corellia was a dull place then, nothing but farmers going around, um, farming."

"Farming!" Tycho's head shot up from where it had been laid on the table for the past half hour, then he fell back asleep.

"Right," Wes swayed for a second then went back to his story, "Padti came and taught us how to build ships to go into space, and we've never looked back since!"

"So every standard Corellian year," Wedge added, "we celebrate Padti and what he did for Corellia."

"By getting blind drunk?" Luke asked as he gestured across the table and the three dozen empty pint glasses.

"He's been dead zillions of years," Wes pointed out, "not like we can send him a present or something."

"Point taken," he laughed and took one of the offered drinks, sipping it lightly. He wasn't much of a drinking man, he wasn't sure how that would mix with the Force, but if Corran was any indication, it seemed to dull and deaden the abilities, so at least he wouldn't accidentally do something stupid with the Force.

"Wait," Corran quickly turned in his seat, almost falling off, his finger pointing at Wedge, "what do you mean above average!"

Wedge jumped at the sudden verbal assault and his hand jumped. "Hey, you made me spill whisk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.