main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Last Dance - L/M - Author's Thanks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    :_| Poor Luke! He just wants his family all together!

Wonderful update! =D=

2. redtenko

redtenko Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    oh you are evil
    but if Mara couldnt stay away when it was just sex, how's she going to manage it when it's gotten to be more?

I need an update pronto-when's the next holiday? Independence day? crap, you're in the UK aren't you, they don't have that one... Tell me I'm not waiting all summer

Also-- over 18 girl wants a Ginchy PM over here!

3. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I started reading this on swff and as ginchy says is down so please put me on your PM list so I do not miss anything. Maybe you can forgive us over that little temper tantrum we had back in 1776 and write a post on July 4th.[:D]Thanks and great job.@};- Ginchy please send me your PM when you get it writen. Thanks @};-

4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Wonderful update! I loved the gift. How precious![face_love]

Mara really loves that baby, and she loves Luke too. But she's too concerned that her presence isn't helping them in the long run. She knows that Jenica will be taken care of by her father, who loves her very much.[:D]

This reminds me of a friend who adopted a child from another country. The child's mother had kept him out of the orphanages until he could be adopted, and when it was time for him to go to America, she had put a lace handkerchief with him from her. She loved him so much that she wanted him to be safe, even if it meant he couldn't be with her. I think that's what Mara is thinking.

Poor Luke. He will struggle without her. :(

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    divapilot posted:

This reminds me of a friend who adopted a child from another country. The child's mother had kept him out of the orphanages until he could be adopted, and
    when it was time for him to go to America, she had put a lace handkerchief with him from her. She loved him so much that she wanted him to be safe, even
    if it meant he couldn't be with her. I think that's what Mara is thinking.

What a touching perspective & story, diva! :) Now, strangely enough, that just makes me feel that Mara deserves to be part of Jenica's life even more than I already do. :) :) Can't get over what a pretty name that is!!

6. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. can not wait for the next post.

7. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    lovely name[face_love] but... but Mara leaving???:_|:_|:_|

8. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Upping this for the promised July 4th post [face_praying]

Kat

9. GeithJiseo2

GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 21, 2004
    Just wanted to say...Great story, RedGold! How much longer do we have to wait for the next installment?

Keep it up!

10. walker_of_minds

walker_of_minds Jedi Master star 1

Dec 19, 2006
    peeking for a post but patiently await while fire works abound _happy 4th to those in the usa

11. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Don't worry, post tonight! Unlike SOME people... I had to work yesterday.

Boss wouldn't let me have the day off as a 'cultural holiday'. :p

Speaking of work... back I go!

Held for Replies

12. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    And I am working on the PM of the last chapter. I just had a crazy and not-so-fun weekend. Course, this means I'm one behind, now. ;)

Can't wait for the update, RedGold!

13. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Okay, only a day late this time! I had to work yesterday and had major issues which left me tired and I kind of fell asleep for three or so hours... yikes! But here is the post, I hope you enjoy!

oh... I regret nothing!!

*flees*

:p

Part 8 - Freedom Day

"Will you be coming?" his sister asked quietly as he Jenica, willing her to go to sleep.

"I don't know," his voice sounded horse and cracked, even to him. "I can't leave her alone and I can't exactly get a baby-sitter."

"Winter can take care of her," she put her hand on his shoulder, "she won't tell anyone."

"I know," he sighed, "but I don't really feel like going to any Freedom Day festivals. We're still at war you know."

"Yes," she sat down next to him, taking his free hand, "but not like the old days, when we first met, wondering if any of our friends will make it out alive. And this is because of the efforts of noble men and women, like yourself."

"I know," he gently swayed his daughter who was fighting sleep. "It's like she's afraid to fall asleep."

"She is," his sister smiled softly, "she's afraid that if she falls asleep, she'll miss something, and she doesn't know what to make of the darkness."

"She misses her mother," he slid his hand from his sister's to brush at Jenica's hair. He knew this was going to be hard, and that it had to be done, but damn it, why did it have to tear him up inside so much?

"I'm sorry Luke," Leia put her hand back on his shoulder, "perhaps it's time that you let go. Make the announcement and move her into the care of the Jedi."

"Why, Leia?" he glanced up at her pleadingly, and she knew he was not referring to her statement. "Why does every time something wonderful happens in my life, it's like some cosmic curse!"

"That's not true, Luke."

Shaking his head, he stood and walked over to crib to lay down Jenica. Gathering his strength, he turned towards her sister, "I find my father is alive, but he's the second most hated man in the galaxy. I get my first major crush, and she's my sister. Everyone dies on me, my aunt, my uncle, Ben, Yoda, Biggs, my friends... I become a Jedi, and now I have a whole Order looking to me for guidance, me, a moisture farmer from the most backwater planet in the galaxy!"

As his voice rose, his daughter was not happy and started to wake, with a grumbled sigh, he turned around and shushed her gently. "I find the woman of my dreams and she's the enemy. I have a child but I can not claim her as my own."

"I'm so sorry," his sister whispered, "but we'll get through this. I promise, me and Han are here for you."

"I don't want you," he shot back harsher than he meant, "I want Mara back."

"Even at the risk of what sanctions our governments may take against you?" she pointed out, and again, he was forced to concede, or did he?

"Leia," he turned towards his sister and laid his hands on her shoulders, "I love you, and you know I would stand by you no matter what, right?"

"Yes, Luke," she glanced at his quizzically.

He locked his eyes with her, "Then will you stand by me?"

"What are you going to do?" she asked worriedly.

Smiling for the first time in a year, he cupped her face in his hands, "What I always do, Leia, do what's right, though it may not be what's smart."

A few hours later, during the Freedom Day celebrations throughout the Alliance held planets, Luke Skywalker, hero of the Rebellion, was asked to give a speech, one which would be remembered throughout history.

Mon Mothma stepped aside to allow Luke Skywalker to stand at the podium, he cleared his throat, and with a grim determination, started to speak.

"I would first like to thank Mon Mothma for allowing me this chance to speak at the festivities today. We are here to celebrate the fall of Emperor Palpatine as an unjust and ruthless ruler of the galaxy. His tyranny knew no bounds, and it was with honour that I fought along side many of you to bring about his downfall. We should never forget our fallen comrades who fought and died to free t

14. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, man. Maybe Mara will be so touched, that she won't kick his butt too hard... [face_worried] I knew he wouldn't be able to give up Jenica!!

Shaking his head, he stood and walked over to crib to lay down Jenica. Gathering his strength, he turned towards her sister, "I find my father is alive, but he's the second most hated man in the galaxy. I get my first major crush, and she's my sister. Everyone dies on me, my aunt, my uncle, Ben, Yoda, Biggs, my friends... I become a Jedi, and now I have a whole Order looking to me for guidance, me, a moisture farmer from the most backwater planet in the galaxy!"

As his voice rose, his daughter was not happy and started to wake, with a grumbled sigh, he turned around and shushed her gently. "I find the woman of my dreams and she's the enemy. I have a child but I can not claim her as my own."

hmmm... [face_thinking] Sounds like a bunch of evil authors to me. :p [face_laugh]

You know I love ya, gal. Now to write that PM.

*hides*

ETA:

I think the next holiday ought to be Monday, August 27th. MMM. :p

Come on, RG, you know you want to... ;)

15. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Oh man, you are going to make me cry! That was a perfect speech. Let's hope it works for my farmboy!

Great update!

AG88

16. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    That was beautiful! When's the next holiday?!? Is it Labor day? Anyway, you characterised Luke really well and made me feel really bad for him. I sure hope Mara comes home after that

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, RedGold!!!!!!!! Bless you!!! :* [:D] That speech... So touching!!! If that doesn't melt Mara's heart, I do not know what could!! =D= Now, that everything's out in the open, Mara's no reason not to come back! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_love]

18. walker_of_minds

walker_of_minds Jedi Master star 1

Dec 19, 2006
    melts the heart it does, ohoooooo Mara she will be back in no time after she hears that speech how could she resist Luke's wonderful speech his honesty -lets see is the next holiday labor day? she hopefully will be back by labor day??? Great story!

19. dyslecksec

dyslecksec Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2007
    Oh man. I don't think I've read anything that's better portrayed Luke as a hero. He's putting everything on the line to stand for freedom (from prejudice and fear in this case) and his family. I also enjoy the parallel between the possible consequences of Luke's stand and that of the US's founding fathers. Both became virtual traitors to their "countries" in order to take a stand for the higher cause of freedom.

I think you captured the true essence of July 4th beautifully.

20. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Yup that made me tear up right and good.

Now i'm waiting for Mara to come back and smack him over the head.

I'm sure the rant will say something like "Farmboy what are you thinking acting with your heart instead of your head!"

21. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    do what's right, though it may not be what's smart.[:D][:D][:D] That's my Lukie[face_love][face_love][face_love]
    If there's a PM chapter, I want in[face_praying]

22. redtenko

redtenko Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    yes! and about time too, I was actually getting a little annoyed with Luke's passiveness before now, but this is absolutely what he'd have done. I love how you tied in the political atmosphere. Somebody needed to make a gesture of peace, the galaxy needed it as much as Luke and Mara.

ugh, and there aren't any holidays in august, are there? I need more fic!

23. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Jep... that was stupid, but right thing to do =D=
    Now the poodoo has hit the fan [face_devil] let's see how messy thing's gonna get :)

When the next update will be RG[face_hypnotized][face_batting]

24. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    That is something a naive but loving farmboy would do. There will be a price to pay, though, I'm sure.

25. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    "What are you going to do?" she asked worriedly.
    Smiling for the first time in a year, he cupped her face in his hands, "What I always do, Leia, do what's right, though it may not be what's smart."

Wowzers! Ya just gotta love Luke the Idealist.[face_love]
    Hopefully Mara can love that side of Luke too.

Thanks for the update. Let's see what holiday is next...August 15 is "Flooding of the Nile" in Egypt, it's also "Assumption Day" in lots of Catholic countries (although it's a holy day that I've never quite understood myself).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.