main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Last Jedi clarification thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Artoo-Dion , Jan 12, 2018.

1. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    It seems to me they just wanted to get off planet. They might have given up on the plan but DJ showed up on the stolen ship.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Satipo and MrElculver2424 like this.
  2. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    Ben Swolo??? Lol!!! That kills me. But to answer your question, I'm not sure. I hope we get a bit more backstory as to what kind of relationship Ben and Han had.

Tanjint and MrElculver2424 like this.
  3. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    It’s a trap!

Tanjint likes this.
  4. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    When Holdo lightspeeds into the Supremacy, how do all the stormtroopers in the area proceed to die while Rose and Finn are unscathed?

Tanjint likes this.
  5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Plot armour. Same reason the heroes in every other film survive while people around them are getting mown down. And Phasma and plenty of other troopers also survive.

6. Kladdagh

Kladdagh Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 9, 2017
    Do you think Kylo lied about Rey's parents ??? I think he lied to get her more faster in the dark side of the Force ...

wobbits, Tanjint, Sarge and 1 other person like this.
  7. cut-of-space

cut-of-space Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 29, 2017
    Yeah, I agree! The guy is a huge manipulative liar. Kylo wouldn't even admit that he was the one who murdered Snoke... Who knows what else he's hiding.

wobbits and Tanjint like this.
  8. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Whilst it's possible there is more to Rey's parents than what is discussed in that scene, the fact that they are nobodies comes from Rey herself, not Kylo, and is something she's always known (but denied to herself).

9. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    Which deleted scene?!?

I actually bought the movie on amazon but it's all one file and I'm too lazy to fast forward to the deleted scenes after the credits. I watched a youtube video yesterday that I thought had all the deleted scenes but I guess it did not!

*realizes he's going to have to buy rogue one to get those deleted scenes*

-T

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Because they are lying on the floor, reducing their profile to the flying debris.

11. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    According to Rian, he told the truth.

12. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Er...can you dudes not see how--if you truly believe in what you're saying here--you're fooling yourselves and dooming your Episode 9 dreams?

Rey acknowledged that Kylo was correct. He sucked the info out of her brain. Had he said "they were circus clowns who left you in a tiny car before they realized you were missing and then discovered the car had been towed and impounded with you and eleven of their colleagues still in it but ultimately decided to use the little money they had to buy new enormous shoes instead of paying the fine," and was incorrect, all Rey could've said was something like "Actually, Mr. Know-it-all jerko, they were scavengers who traded me in for a fifth of Ithorian Mad Dog 20/20. So the only clown is you! And...but...yeah I guess your general point still stands."

13. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Which is "the Ben Solo scene?"

14. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    A little something that doesn't quite fit together:

Kylo tells Rey her parents are dead in a grave on Jakku...and she accepts all this, as if she's always known it.

But her Forceback vision in TFA showed her parents leaving on a spaceship, her screaming "Come back." Just a little thing that doesn't fit together perfectly.

15. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Since Kylo has read her mind, all we can really say for sure is that Rey thinks that they are dead on a grave on Jakku.

Maybe someone told her that their parents died on Jakku after leaving her.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    MrElculver2424 likes this.
  16. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    This is true. And that's why the door is still wide open for her parents to be anyone JJ Abrams wants them to be, and no decision will contradict any absolute truth said in the previous 2 movies.

Sarge and Ricardo Funes like this.
  17. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    Are there any clues about how Hux tracked them through lightspeed? I thought there might be a beacon implanted in Finn (it cuts to Finn's face as soon as Hux says we have them tied on a string) but I'm not sure that adds up.

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I noticed something interesting on second viewing. It may be nothing though but I saw there are old books in Millennium Falcon in the end of the movie?- They look same that were found from Luke's jedi library. Has anyone else seen this? Is it confirmed? Does this actually mean that Rey saved the books before the tree library burned down? Luke never check the books are still there after all. I think this changes the Yoda scene quite a bit since I think Yoda must have known if Rey took the books. (He actually says that Rey already possess what those books have- sure she does since she has those texts physically) I dunno but I think that there are hardly any other reason for Millennium Falcon to have old ordinary books- they seem to be rather rare in galaxy compared to datapads, holobooks and computers etc.

Edit: Appears I was not mistaken and others have seen the same: http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/...st-jedi-ancient-jedi-texts-millennium-falcon/

I think hyperspace tracking is just new technology and how it works is Macguffin-like plot device. Hyperspace tracking is mentioned in Rogue One as project Empire is researching though. That was nice connection really.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Sarge likes this.
  19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, she has them. And yes, Yoda was being clever by hinting that he actually knows this, while Luke does not.

20. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Pablo said that the Force visions aren't necessarily 100% accurate.

21. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    FO ships and Resistance ships have the same top speed? The Resistance could not outrun the FO, nor could the FO catch up with the Resistance. They matched each other. I've not played any of the board or video games or read supplementary material, but I'd be amazed if a Star Destroyer and a blockade runner have the same sub light speed.

22. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
    Plus, I'm not sure how her parents being dead and her parents leaving her in the vision can't coincide together. Just because her parents are dead doesn't mean that Rey has to see them die. IMO, she can accept that they're dead, or at least accept that they never intended to come back for her because, well, they never came back for her. And all Rey acknowledges is that her parents were 'nobody.' Kylo is the one who suggests that they're dead on Jakku. Really, I think the 'they're dead in a Pauper's grave on a Jakku desert' bit was sort of tongue-in-cheek. The important part is that Rey's parents were nobodies who sold her off for drinking money, left her alone on Jakku, and never came back.

23. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Hux: "What is the point of all this (showing his ship), if we cannot get those little resistance cruisers?"
    Officer: "They are lighter and faster, sir"

The resistance ships were faster by a just a little more than the First Order. Given that the FO could still hit them with laser bombardment, and the widening of the difference in distance was not significant in face of the maximum range of the FO's laser cannons, the FO was comfortable in waiting a few hours until the fuel of the resistance ships ends.

More or less like many different airplanes, like a 737 and a A340, are very different, but have similar cruise speeds when compared in regards to its percentage in relation to the speed of light, for example.

Palp_Faction likes this.
  24. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    But somehow, the Skywalker lightsaber calls to her. The original Jedi texts call to her. Obi-Wan speaks to her. She sees Kylo's past and future even though she's never met him. Her...a random girl, whose parents are nobody.

25. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I see it as the Resistance ships staying at the edge of effective range rather than going full burn to conserve their fuel. They can do this precisely because their ships have a higher top speed. It's rather like a horse chase in a Western. The Resistance has faster horses, but without some way to escape their pursuers, the faster horses will eventually tire out and they get overrun. It's all a delaying tactic.