main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 The Last Jedi panel..Friday 4/14

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Alison Organa

Alison Organa Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2016
    What time will the panel be on Friday?

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    We don't know.

3. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
  5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    You didn't get a VIP this time?

I'm also sleeping in a comfortable bed that night rather than staying in line.

6. Alison Organa

Alison Organa Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2016
    It's my first Celebration and the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars - I don't want to miss this panel!

7. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

LOL. no VIP this time for me. At $800 a pop last time it was fun to do once, but I'd rather save my money for other cool stuff like prints in the Artist Alley and maybe an autograph or two...which is practically $800 these days.

I'll show up a little before 6 for the morning arrivals for the line. I'm too old for that sleeping on the floor nonsense.

8. Falcon0581

Falcon0581 Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2017
    Hi guys, I am going to my first Celebration in Orlando this week and am very excited. Sorry if this has been asked before, but this is my first big con of any kind and I had a few questions. I am going just on Friday and hoped to get into the Last Jedi panel. Do I really need to be in line at 5am to have a hope to get a wristband for this? The info on the celebration website is a little confusing on this. I am hoping not to spend all day waiting in lines as this is my only day I will be able to attend. My plan was for maybe one autograph session, the panel and looking around at the exhibits. I hope to be able to fit all this into one day. Any tips are appreciated thanks!

9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    ^ First of all, Celebration isn't this week. :) Honestly, if you want to be in the room, you may need to do the camp out (be there before midnight), but it's hard to say. I'm guessing the panel will be in the morning (they are supposed to release the schedule today), so once that's over, you would have time to do other things.

Keep an eye on crowd reports for the 40th Anniversary panel. That may give a good idea of how the line will be for TLJ.

10. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    My first one too and I agree - I've read and reread the directions and it's given me a headache at this point. lol.

I'm probably going to skip camping out for the 40th panel and plan on being there at 8pm (or a little before) on Thursday night for the TLJ panel. Like mentioned above, we should get at least some idea of how crazy it's going to be based on the crowds for the 40th panel.

Alison Organa likes this.
  11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm just doing the 40th panel. Friday is going to be a super long day with the convention and Galactic Nights.

12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    11-12:30 on the Galaxy stage.

13. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    Silly question but when it says that the panel is being "streamed from the Galaxy stage" - does that mean you'll be able to watch it from anywhere if you're not in-the-room?

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, you can either watch it online or in one of the overflow rooms (the other stages). You will need a wristband for the overflow rooms.

15. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    so basically if you don't camp out at 8 pm or have VIP Tickets your not getting in the episode 8 panel? I am leaving really early in the morning on Friday not to early but early from Punta Gorda Florida it takes about 2 and a half hours to get to Orlando. are you saying unless I camp out I aint getting tickets? what about a hold over room, I heard about a hold over room might I be able to get In that? also what about the Warwick Davis Panel will that be easier to get into without camping out over night?
    just read the post above me! so you will still need a wrist band for the overflow rooms? guess it will be on giant HD Screens?

16. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    There will be rooms live broadcasting the panel If you get there early enough you will be able to get into one of those.

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    We really don't know what time you need to be there to get in the main room, because it's entirely dependant on the fans. There's about 3,700 spots. So you need to be in the first 3,300 people or so. How long will it take for that many people to line up? I don't know. I'm sure before the 6 am distribution of wristbands. Keep an eye out for how the 40th Anniversary line goes because this will probably be similar.

The Warwick Davis panel should be quite a bit easier I would think. Just make sure you get the wristband.

18. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Question: on Facebook they say the Galaxy Stage holds 6,000 but here we are saying 3700. I guess my question is, could the 6,000 be correct? They got the numbers from OCCC site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It's 3700 because they are using 1/4 of the space as a queuing area (look at the map and you will see).

20. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Do the hold over rooms for say Episode 8 Panel have names Like The Galaxy Stage and such?
    I might have asked this already but if we get there at say 8:00AM on Friday of the event do we go through security first or If we want to try to get wrist bands for say Episode 8 panel and Warwick Davis Panel do we get on line or for the panel first or do we get shuffled through security first then line for panel?

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    The Galaxy Stage is where TLJ panel will be. The Celebration and Behind the Scenes stages are overflow rooms.

22. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Is all of this on the floor plan diagram?
    and again,
    I might have asked this already but if we get there at say 8:00AM on Friday of the event do we go through security first or If we want to try to get wrist bands for say Episode 8 panel and Warwick Davis Panel do we get on line or for the panel first or do we get shuffled through security first then line for panel?

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    ^ Yes, it's on the map. I believe you go through security first to enter the building and then get in the line you want.

24. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

thank you my friend for all the info I am doing my research to make sure everything goes smoothly and I have a great Time as I am sure other first timers are doing as well!

25. Boba Tea

Boba Tea Jedi Padawan

Jan 31, 2017
    This is my first Celebration and my 40th birthday. I don't want to miss the 40th panel or TLJ PANEL. The instructions on the site are super confusing. Having to stay until midnight and then maybe stay over or get there super early, wish Ande, light speed lane for merch, etc. Does anyone have any resources that simplify how to navigate these things?