main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 The Last Jedi panel..Friday 4/14

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Dandman1021

Dandman1021 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2017
    Id say there are about 200-300 people in line.

2. Darksider13

Darksider13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2017
    Nvm, I said screw it and I'll drive there myself. Be there in about an hour. Hopefully there's no more than a thousand or so in line already.

3. smith6373

smith6373 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2017
    I'd second that. An added wrinkle is people are lined up down one side of the skybridge to the Rosen, and periodically others will stop at some random point on the opposite side. I'm not sure of the play here, they need to go all the way to the end as soon it will loop back like last night. The line appears to be building faster than last night to me

4. Darksider13

Apr 2, 2017
    ^I expected as such. I forgot that I usually underestimate Orlando rush hour so I'm having my step-dad and sister hop in while I haul ass over.

5. smith6373

smith6373 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2017
    The line orientation has been changed from last night. After scraping the front of the building, the line now goes around the side of the center as far as I can see. They appear to want to avoid anyone one being out on the skybridge to the Rosen like last night

6. Dandman1021

Dandman1021 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2017
  7. SWFanatic94

SWFanatic94 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 10, 2017
    Im in the line counting people and there is 583 in line right now.

8. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    I got in line directly in front of Hall D. Line was probably 1-2 miles from E to here.

I'd say there's comfortably 1000 in line, probably more.

9. smith6373

smith6373 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2017
    After reading these threads pre-Celebration and learning so much I just joined a few days ago, and I can say how tremendously useful this community has been to our little group. Had a chance to meet a few of the members here and it's been great. I would say as a noob it's been a hassle staying overnight but I highly recommend it. Made so many friends and the spirit is generally very nice and like a real fan family. Thanks to you all and best of luck with your panels and other goals!

10. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    I would say based on my observation that the crowd tonight for TLJ is a much less mature crowd. Not overtly obnoxious but probably 70% under 25. Lots of belongings being stepped on. Private space, especially during Rian's appearance, pretty much nonexistent.

11. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Line is moving for wrist bands and there is zero employees anywhere to be seen. Just simply amazing how poorly this is handled

Chewies_bandolier and QueenSabe7 like this.
  12. smith6373

smith6373 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2017
    I've learned that no matter how early you get here to camp, people will get ahead of you:
    A) When they let you in at 8pm and a single file line turns into a wide one hundreds deep
    B) When the wristband person is slower and those behind you surge past to faster ones
    C) After wristbands, we made a loop back to where we were and people think they can walk faster and get ahead
    D) When being sent up to the stage all exit doors are used and once again even a single file line turns very wide

Padme501st likes this.
  13. smith6373

smith6373 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2017
    Finally the banding starts!

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  14. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Let's see how massive of a cluster this is getting those banded into line

15. Husker88

Husker88 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    They seem to have done at least a decent job of keeping people who Judy showed up this morning from cutting in line. We watched a very unhappy woman seriously consider ducking under the bars before she noticed we were staring her down.

Chewies_bandolier and smith6373 like this.
  16. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    waiting up to 1am for this cant wait

17. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    There were people just finding spots in the queues last night and laying down. People around them too timid to say anything and there was no staff presence to do anything about it anyway. Very different from the night before when they were walking up and down the queues pledging to throw cutters out

18. Husker88

Husker88 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    Our area didn't have a timid person problem. We were very vocal about people trying to move in, but the 2 women checking people at least appeared to be doing as much as they could

19. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Are they giving out posters?

20. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    They did.

21. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    The posters are selling on EBay for $500. Might have to cash in and pay off some of this trip lol

Organafan likes this.
  22. Darksider13

Apr 2, 2017
    ^ Wow. I'm slightly upset because immediately after the panel, we left and the wind was ridiculous and blew our posters to the ground. Not much damage but the edges are roughed up. Would sell mine if I wasn't too attached to the artwork and the significance.

Was a cool experience but to be honest, overall, waiting 17 hours for that panel just to be in the back left corner of the hall was kinda upsetting. I thought I'd be fine so long as I got in the room but being that far back (we ended up being in the last row of the press area because some kind Celebration staff allowed us to have those seats since some press didn't show) was sort of disheartening. Similar thing happened in the Carrie Fisher panel where we were way ahead in line before the show and when we got in, we were directed to fill the top floor first. Just unlucky seating situations I guess.

23. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    That can go both ways though. Think of it this way, if you hadn't done that, you would still be wishing you were there to see it live. At least now you know, and in the future could decide whether you want to do something like that again or not.

I do agree, however, that for the size of the Galaxy room, there were far too many seats reserved for media or whoever else they were reserved for. I was irritated because they all felt entitled to stand and take as many pictures as they wanted for as long as they wanted. The worst part was when they eventually opened up those rows to everyone else, because what happened was people in the way back of the line who were still coming in ended up getting way better seats than people who had been in the front but were not allowed in any of those rows at that point.

But yea, just unlucky, and there wasn't anything you can do. At a certain point you have to decide to remain upset about it or just enjoy the panel you were there to see.